Taz's diary - Need to do this!

Morning Taz, what's a Merlin Pass?

Jim - It's a theme park pass that lets you into loads of places all over the country. Look at this link - There are so many places you can go including Alton Tower, Thorpe Park, Legoland and even The London Eye. www.merlinannualpass.co.uk/ Taz got hers for Christmas and is making good use of it. They are quite expensive to buy but you can use your Tesco Deals for it and can still be given as a gift that keeps on giving. x
Morning Taz - I hope it's a good one x

That looks good Gem, I'll have a look at that, be handy when Olivia is a little older

Taz is determined to hammer hers for all its worth - it's good if you want to do lots of parks etc x

Yes Jim it is.

We are planning a trip to Chessington in a few weeks, not so many big rides but wont hurt to take a look!

Wow! I've not been to Chessington in years. Sounds like you're getting your money's worth.

Have a great day. x :)

Grrrrrrr it's a BAD day :( our car insurance is due in less than 2 weeks and we can't afford to renew it. The insurance company has thrown a huge spanner into our plans so we may have to take both cars off the road for a wee while :( :(

You'll just have to throw a curveball back again then - won't you Taz x

Grrrrrrr it's a BAD day :( our car insurance is due in less than 2 weeks and we can't afford to renew it. The insurance company has thrown a huge spanner into our plans so we may have to take both cars off the road for a wee while :( :(

Hmm be careful there, I read something about cars needing to be insured even if they are off the road unless you have submitted a VOR form Taz.

Morning love.

Last edited:
No they don't have to be insured if they are off the road but if they are not they have to have a SORN or statutory off road notice from DVLA to say that the car is officially off the road x

I thought they had recently changed it and even with a SORN they have to be insured? The SORN just means they don't need tax. Even more so considering they will be left on the road.

I don't think Taz and Mr Taz were thinking of leaving them on the road Nomad. I think you'll find the SORN will cover the insurance side of things too as long as it IS off the road and not being used at all. I could be wrong of course x

Yeah I didn't understand it too well when they changed it but my understanding was the same as Jim's. I didn't think they had anywhere other than the road to leave them? Hopefully they can sort it out x

Afternoon all. Well I think the car situation is sorted (or in the process of being).

We had a letter today to say that some time in the next month The Coal Authority will be coming out to inspect our mineshaft! That's very nice of them! They will also send us the report of their findings after which should be interesting to read. It's kinda comforting to know that it's being looked at

Back