Taz's diary - Need to do this!

In other news, I only managed to shift 1lb this week so I missed my mini goal by 2lb :'( I'm gutted but nothing I can do about it so I now have more to shift for Christmas. Better get on with it!

Missing by 2lb is not the end of the world Taz - you have been AMAZING! Enjoy your Fright Night. I've been thinking - your back may be a result of having put pressure on it during your time with your knee out of action. Your gait can really impact on your back. Chiro should sort it x

I'm hoping it's something trivial like that. I survived Thorpe Park with no change in condition so it's definitely nothing sinister. However, it's caused my knee to give out a lot which is most inconvenient and it's very very irritating

Glad you enjoyed Thorpe Park and hope all problems solved soon x

Morning all! Well I am slowly getting a bit of life back into my left hand side. Not a lot but it's a bit of progress so I am pleased about that. I was allowed back to the pool and gym this week but with the stipulation that I take it steady, so that is just what I've been doing this week. Think I might do both AquaFit's tonight as it's only an hour and a half and I've not done a lot else this week. Swam only 60 lengths on Tuesday and went to the gym yesterday. Took it easy and met with the new Personal Trainer there, had a chat and on Saturday morning I will be taking advantage of the free assessment he is offering so we can look at my program and see if it needs tweaking. It will be quite useful I'm sure

I think you need to cut back a little - at least until this episode is over. You have done well and this is only a brief set back, however annoying it is x

I've cut right back this week Gem. Usually my schedule is perfectly manageable as it's no longer than 2 hours a day and I have a day off. I will be discussing my whole week with the trainer on Saturday and see what he suggests

Take care Taz - you've come a long long way x

Made it through double AquaFit last night but I took it very steady so probably used less energy than a single session at full speed! Off to the pool soon for another swim.

Lost 2lb this week which I am VERY pleased with after a weekend away! 10lb to lose by Christmas although I am still holding out hope of getting the extra 5lb off

Well done Taz - for the 2lb and for making it through the aquafit - good that you took it easy x

If anyone is paying attention you will notice I have changed my next mini goal! This is because I forgot a weekend away we have before Christmas, our annual trip to Portsmouth! Not that I forgot the trip (I spend the whole year looking forward to it) but forgot to set a goal for it. So I have split up my Christmas target to incorporate it. Makes it a little more bite-sized too which is never a bad thing. So I have 4 WI's til Portsmouth and 6lb to shift by then. That's do-able I should think! And will leave me 3 weeks til Christmas and 4lb to lose. Hmmm looking at it like that I can see my extra 5lb is NOT very do-able :(

Its good to review your goals sometimes - you have done SO well - AMAZING X

Thanks Gem.

I saw the personal trainer this morning and he showed me some things to do in the free weights section that I'd never explored before. I can see that the stuff he showed me is going to produce results and I can't wait to get started on it. I'm actually really looking forward to my next gym visit on Wednesday :D

Well done Taz - I can honestly say I've never looked forward to a gym visit - glad you do x

I've been looking with interest at some of the aqua group who do aqua jogging before the session. I have to say it looks like a walk in the park as they treat it like a social occasion and chat all the way. They wear a bouyancy belt and the idea is you are supported in deep water and you jog for a given amount of time. You get all the benefits of jogging without the impact x

Back