Taz's diary - Need to do this!

I think it will be impossible to NOT gain some of it back as the diet is so extreme. It is basically a week of just eating yogurt and drinking milk, squash, tea, coffee etc

Rather you than me then Taz.

I don't think I could take friendship that far!

I don't think I could take friendship that far!

First of all, can I just say for the record, Taz I think you are mad but love you for doing it, secondly Gem..........Is my friendship not worthy of sacrifice? lol

Tut Tut, naughty Gem. ;)

Yes Kat - you are a great friend but that's quite something - don't know if I could just like that - different when you have to! Good luck Kat, you deserve the success and the friendship - I'm cheering for you too (just that I'm on the sidelines not in the ring) x

Hi Taz. When does the pre-op diet start? Good luck with that Kat and you too Taz.

Taz just a small thing, stop telling yourself you can't do it alone and you have never succeeded alone because with that attitude, you won't manage it alone!

You have to think that you can do it on your own and give it your all, I know you can do it. Also although posting your weight on here isn't independent like the meets and you do that anyway, it will help you to stick to it knowing that you are posting it on here and telling all of us.

I hope that all made sense!!!!

Reactions: Taz
Hi Taz. When does the pre-op diet start? Good luck with that Kat and you too Taz.

Taz just a small thing, stop telling yourself you can't do it alone and you have never succeeded alone because with that attitude, you won't manage it alone!

You have to think that you can do it on your own and give it your all, I know you can do it. Also although posting your weight on here isn't independent like the meets and you do that anyway, it will help you to stick to it knowing that you are posting it on here and telling all of us.

I hope that all made sense!!!!

Hi, Don't know when the pre-op is to start, I guess when I get my letter about the date and it would be for a week before the op.

I just wanted to say, what a good bit of advice! Taz is alot stronger then she gives herself credit for and I and i'm sure a lot of others on here will be there for her!

Taz Taz your the "man", if you can't do it then no-one can! :clap: lol

Reactions: Taz
Yes Kat - you are a great friend but that's quite something - don't know if I could just like that - different when you have to! Good luck Kat, you deserve the success and the friendship - I'm cheering for you too (just that I'm on the sidelines not in the ring) x

I think Taz is crazy to be honest! I did tell her I wouldn't do it if I didn't have to but what can you do??

Thanks for the cheer though. lol :D

I know I don't HAVE to do it but you do and I totally support you. How can I do that with a Wispa in each hand? Bring on the yogurt! ha ha

Nomad, that did make sense. I will give it my best shot and I will try hard to lose the weight on my own. I am already telling myself that WI day is Friday and I have to stick on plan til then. At the moment I am 6lb up and that has to change. Went swimming today and got half a mile done. Will probably go again tomorrow

........... not to be negative, but can I just say that going it alone was the worst thing I did. Look at me now, not far from where I started! But thats not to say that you cant do it. Good luck whatever you decide. Have you ever considered a break from SW to say WW. Can I also ask, what makes you think you can do the pre op diet for a week if you cant stick to SW (which is obv a lot easier) for a week? you know Im not asking to offend or insult, just wondered thats all x

You absolutely CAN do it Taz. There is still a lot more to you that you haven't tapped into yet. If someone had said to you in 2005 "Hey Taz - how about going for your black belt in karate in 2009" what would you have replied?

You are right Gem. In December 2006 I couldn't walk unaided and I'd have fallen off my crutches if anyone had suggested a martial art! less than 3 years later I should have my black belt.

Rainbow - I see where you are coming from as I have asked you the very same thing! I couldn't do WW as I would get too hungry on it. I need the freedom to eat what I want and not run out of points. I do still like SW I just can't afford to go to the classes at the moment. As for the pre-op diet, it's only a week and it will be something completely different. And the reason for doing it is different too x

You've got a generous heart and it's because it's for someone else you'll succeed. Make sure you succeed for yourself too - you are so very worth it x :)

I do wish you luck Taz, and Im sure you can do it, sometimes you just need to look at the flip side xxxx

Taz, WW also does a core menu where as long as you eat what is on the list, and it's an extensive list, you can eat as much as you like! The things on the list are fruit and veg, some meats, pulses all those sorts of things. Forgive me, I haven't done WW for some months so can't remember completely but it may be worth looking into. You don't need to go hungry on it. You also get a certain number of points a week so you can have a few naughty things.

They don't promote core anymore Nomad. I am quite happy sticking with SW I just can't afford to pay for the meetings anymore

Back