Taz's diary - Need to do this!

Wine and cheese almost sorted Taz - Cheese done but one more bottle to buy x

I think that word was welcome Nomad. It was a seriously good evening and Taz's cheesecakes amazing x

Morning all! Yes that was supposed to be Welcome!

Great night, just finished clearing up! And now the cheesecakes have set properly I just HAD to try again! I've had a small slice of the strawberry one and it's lush. Will try the chocolate one later too.

Morning Taz - I hope everything OK this morning x

Afternoon. Hope you're ok. xx

Morning all! Well those on Facebook may already know that my day of rest on Sunday turned into a day of stress!

I was spending the day chilling out after Saturday's party and I had to go and pick Elf up from work. I left at 5pm and everything was quiet. I picked up Elf, dropped her home and headed back home. As I drove down my road I could se flashing blue lights so I pulled in to let it pass. I sit there then realise it's not actually moving but static outside my house. We have witnessed so many accidents outside our place that it's not unusual to see blue lights there. So I reversed so I could go around the back of the terrace. As I was pulling up outside my house I could see all the police cars in the road and there were 3 police peeps all dressed in black on the corner (we live on the corner). As I'm about to park they start gesturing to me. Not knowing what they are trying to say to me I point to my front door and say I'm going home. With that one of the cops came up to me, raised his gun and pointed it at my face and barked at me to reverse! Well naturally I froze staring at the size of the gun! As I reverse up the road he follows me. As soon as he'd stopped following me I stopped to make some calls. Firstly to Mr Taz to find out what was going on. He didn't know, he'd looked out the door to see and he too was greeted with the gun telling him to get back inside! So I then went to Elf's house to wait it out.

After an hour the news was that the police were still there and searching next door but the guns were lowered so I could go home. When I got home there were still 2 police vans outside and a heavy presence but a lot quieter. I washed my hair, had a shower and got my uniform sorted for the morning and went to bed to chill out.

Then there was a knock on the door.....

Mr Taz answered and I heard the policeman say "I'm sorry, I know we said it was all ok but the situation has become a little more serious and we have to evacuate." At first I was annoyed then when I heard the word 'Bomb' I was out of bed and packing an overnight back! I had to wake poor Elf up and she kindly took us in.

None of us got much sleep and in the early hours I got a text from the police to say it was safe to go home. Mr Taz went home while me and Elf went to work :(

So after work I was relieved to get back to my home. It was weird to leave it in the way we did, all rushed and panicked. So I was camped out on the sofa watching tv and trying to sleep when everything flickered and all went off. Not just our house, we looked outside and the whole area was out. Not just domestic power but all the street lights and traffic lights were out. Turned out a lasrge area, 4 suburbs that I know of, were without power. It freaked me out, after the night before I really didn't need that :(

So then the power came back on and I went to bed. Today is a new day and hopefully all the bizarre and surreal activities are over!

Happy valentines day everyone x

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Hope today is dull, boring & very uneventful!!!

Glad you're ok. xx

Ha ha dull boring and uneventful suits me just fine!

It's our anniversary today so we are going out to dinner this evening and then to the cinema. Early start tomorrow so no late night. Or wine :(

anniversary.gif

Enjoy your special day. xx

Back