Taz's diary - Need to do this!

Almost worth a letter to the practice. My practice has a compliments book where they put letters of thanks. I was asked to write when I gave a verbal compliment to my doctor at the reception desk. I guess if we all do that it will be an incentive for some of them to be a lot nicer to people x

LOL hope ya get sorted with the scales... how annoying is that.... made me laugh though thinking of you on he porch.... naked getting weighed!!!!! ( thats only cos i get weighed first thing, starkers... after a wee!!!)

makes all the difference having caring health proffessionals....and i always say... it doesn't cost thm anything to be empathic (sp) :)

hope your settled back into work x i am sure your teo weeks off seem like a distant memory now!!!!!

oh and i was looking forward to possibly meeting you in York!!! sorry you cant make it!!! :(

Nas x

I wonder what the neighbours would've made of the streaker on the scales!

Yeah I really don't think the neighbours would like to see that first thing in the morning!

Well I had an eventful day yesterday. It started from my first train and just continued.

I went to the platform to pick up my first train of the day and there was one already there waiting to go out that was late. The driver of that train contacted the signaller to find out why they weren't allowed to go and was told that the service was being cancelled and that train was going to be used for MY service! So I got on tothe train and waited for our signal to get going when I was told we were waiting for an incoming service for the passengers to transfer onto my train. So we were late leaving but managed to make up some of the time and arrived at our destination only a couple of minutes late and left there for the return on time.

Halfway along the route we were held at a signal for ages and the driver told me that at the next station there was another train in trouble and we'd been asked to assist it from the rear so we would be pulling in behind it and coupling up to it. This we did, then the fault on the front unit reoccurred and none of us could go anywhere! All the passengers wanted to know what was going on and when we'd be on the move and all I was able to tell them was that we would be on the move as soon as possible. Eventually we had to have another unit come in from the front to rescue us all! We were supposed to have left the station at 1637, the one in front of us was supposed to have left at 1610 and the one that came to rescue us all was supposed to have left at 1714. We all ended up leaving as one big train at 1725! I missed the next train I was supposed to have worked but thankfully the rest of the day went smoothly

Hi Taz - love it when work's hectic, I work from home and spend the day trying to avoid the kitchen!!!

Nice to see you're doing ok

Carol x

I had some really sad news this morning. We have finally got a prognosis for my nan and it's not good at all. She has just weeks or short months left.

And of course the advantage to all of that was that I didn't have time to even think about food! Ha ha

YAYY!!!!!! to no thinking of food!!! :eek::eek::eek:just realised how public facing you actually are when things aren't goign so smooth!!!! bet ya meet some right tw*ts.... when your running late!!!! :D

awww really sorry about your nan hun.... that must be awful for you

(((hugs))))

Love Nas ( sorry wrote last post before reading last page :( )

YAYY!!!!!! to no thinking of food!!! :eek::eek::eek:just realised how public facing you actually are when things aren't goign so smooth!!!! bet ya meet some right tw*ts.... when your running late!!!! :D
Yeah some seem to think they are the only ones on the planet and that their needs are greater than others. What they all seem to forget though is that we run a very safe railway system and to do that our proceedures have to be tightly adhered to. Generally the ones who moan when their train is delayed due to something being unsafe would also be the first to shout about it if things weren't so safe.

Yesterday it was due to a breakdown and if a train can't move then there is very little you can do about it. The drivers can do quite a lot on the spot to get a train running again but sometimes the unit just has to go back into the depot to be fixed. No one really appreciates how hard we and all those behind the scenes work to keep it all running smoothly.

And yes I am very front line and when the poop hits the fan we are the first ones to take the flack for it - it's all our fault!

awww really sorry about your nan hun.... that must be awful for you

(((hugs))))

Love Nas ( sorry wrote last post before reading last page :( )
It is awful, she hasn't been 'well' for a while and has very little quality of life left but I love her loads and she still has her sparkle there. I will miss her loads

Grrrrrrr REALLY angry. Just had a falling out with my martial arts academy but they don't know that yet! They won't know til they open later this afternoon. Here's what's happened:

About a month ago they asked all the members to sign a new direct debit form for our monthly subscriptions which is nothing unusual. We have always paid by DD into the Senior Sensei's account and there was no reason to think that this form was any different especially as it looked the same. Turns out that the new form was for an agency who they have employed to collect the fees. They wrote to me soon after the form had been signed to say that my bank details were invalid which I knew they weren't and this was closely followed by a letter telling me i had cancelled my DD with them. Which I hadn't done because the DD had never even been set up! This was all before the first payment was due so I took the letter in to Senior Sensei and he said he would deal with it. A few days later he told me that he would re set up my DD for October and I could pay the club directly for this month.

Last week I got a letter from the company again saying that as they couldn't collect my payment I had to pay them the months fee PLUS a £5 charge! I was furious and phoned them to tell them that I had paid the club directly and they told me that as far as they are concerned I hadn't paid and owed them the money. I told them I wanted nothing to do with them and as I was never told that I was setting up an agreement with them I wanted to cancel. they told me to put it in writing so I emailed them. Today I received a letter from them demanding 3 months fees as the form I signed is a minimum contract of 3 months!

Now furious doesn't even come close, none of this was pointed out to me when I signed the form and someone else had even filled the form in for me! The company's logo was tiny at the top of the form which is why I didn't see it and I was asked to sign it by people I trusted when I was just about to get on the mats believing it was the same form as I'd signed before. I feel conned and now I will probably have to find somewhere else to train

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Taz that's a definite GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

Get back in touch with your SS and perhaps you just pay the club up front from here on in?

Bren
X

You don't really need that with everything else that's going on for you at the moment Taz. I know what it's like to watch someone you love and care for fading away before your eyes - big hugs to you.

Talking about facing the public - all I get is larey kids (teenagers). We had the case of the missing (150 ml) squirty container of black paint this afternoon. If we hadn't got it back goodness knows where it would've ended up! x

Well SS phoned me this afternoon and he was quite upset. He said that he had used the company to make it easier for all members and he was really unhappy that I'd had problems with them. I told him that I wanted to continue training there and I would be happy to reset up my agreement with the company if he sorts out the mess with them as I am not paying any charges that are not due to me. He wasn't happy that the company themselves hadn't contacted him to say there was a problem and he was concerned that I had encountered problems.

He has agreed to sort things out with the company and tell them that I owe them nothing and to set it all up again from October with the correct bank details. He has also offered me a private lesson for half price by way of an apology!

That's good. At least he wants to sort things out x

Hey Taz, thank you for your kind wishes today xxx, really sorry to hear about your nan hun, will be about a bit more soon as I need to get back on plan urgently!!!!! so speak then, and in the meantime take care. :)

You don't really need that with everything else that's going on for you at the moment Taz. I know what it's like to watch someone you love and care for fading away before your eyes - big hugs to you.

Talking about facing the public - all I get is larey kids (teenagers). We had the case of the missing (150 ml) squirty container of black paint this afternoon. If we hadn't got it back goodness knows where it would've ended up! x
Oooh they could have had lots of fun with that!

Well it was another exciting day on the rails today! I was spare today and just as I was settling down to watch The Weakest Link I got a phone call asking me to work a train to Cardiff and back as the girl who was supposed to be working it was held up by a problem in the tunnel. My first thought was 'If she is held up in the tunnel does that mean that I will be too?'

I found out that the answer to this was... YES!

No trouble going over and had a nice relaxing break in the sidings then whilst waiting to leave Cardiff I am told that all trains are on stop at Newport due to problems in the tunnel. I saw that we had the signal to go and we left for Newport. We left Newport ok but didn't get too far! We were stopped for a while then were told that we had to go back to Newport and attach to another train. We ended up over an hour late! On the plus side, I was allowed to go home when I got back so I got an earlier finish! All good fun

Back