Team 1 - **leahs lightweights** offical thread.

Hi all. Sorry for not checking in. I am off the diet for 3 weeks as I have terrible constipation and had to go to the doctor to help me out on thursday. I have stayed the same and wont be weighing in for a while because I am going on holiday for 2 weeks on sunday. I have been reading through the threads and I hope you all manage to lose what you can this week. I had bad weeks when I was ovulating and time of month so only 2 weeks a month did I lose anything significant. I ahve managed to maintain my weight so far eating fairly normally so thats good so far!
If you want to get a new member because of my length of absence I wont be offended. I can see if there is still a space when I get home from espana!!

Hey lotstoloose - if you're just on holiday and coming back, there will of course be a space for you - just make sure you come back :)

Very interesting to hear that you suffered when ovulating too, I wondered if this was part of my problem last week.

Anyway I took 2 senna tablets last night...nothing yet, but will start the fybogel today I think x

Good luck for your weigh in tonight Rhiana - let us know how you get on.

Shlinz are you still with us? xx

Alex mummy. I get terrible constipation which is one of the reasons I ahve had a week off. I had to get glycerine pessaries (gross I know) to actually help me 'go' after not 'going' for 6 days. Was horrendous and I felt very toxic. I have been of sole source for a week and have managed to lose a pound on my own eating quite normally too. I think your CDC is ridiculous. Mine lets me have whatever flavour I want and even confesses that one of her clients eats a tub of fromage frais every night and is still losing pounds.
Can you go to someone else?

lotstolose - I assume you meant CDC is ridiculous not to mine - she always has loads of flavours in and I can have what I want - was that meant to mooee's CDC?

Anyway - after not 'going' for prob 4-5 days - maybe more properly, I took the 2 Senna last night, and it took longer than the 12 hours more like 16 or so, but cleared out today, which I'm pleased about.

Now I just have to figure out the Fybogel stuff, as stupid me picked up the wrong one (have realised after doing a search on here) the pharmacy didn't tell me there was more than one type, so just gave me the orange one, which we're not meant to have. Going to order the Husks though I think, may be better, and probably work out cheaper in the long run, just got to work out what to do with these Fybogel too!

Another good day, no bars - 2 1/2litres of water so far, plus my small meal, today I had chicken, 3/4's of the amount with 1/4 amount of cottage cheese, courgette and cauliflower, with garlic and basil herbs yum. Shake wise have had choc mint for brek, and had chicken and mushroom soup for late lunch **note to self, the soups are not as bad as remembered - not yet anyway!**

I'm def going to order the husks too. I read that they need to be the 'pure' ones or something. Glad you had a good day anyway.

I had a good day too although I am really craving 'other' food still. I was really grumpy with my other half tonight just cos I was having (what I considered) another boring meal. Altho said and done, I did enjoy it and it filled me up! It seems to be in the afternoon that I seem to get these cravings so I have compromised and allowed myself a bit of Coke Zero. It seems to help - maybe its the naughty side in me???

Evening Natty :)
The ones on the link I put further are, say they are pure, so should def be the right ones.
Natty you're doing 810 aren't you?
Have you looked at the 810 meal thread over on the main cambridge diet forum bit - they have some good meals on there. I'm doing SS+ so I can have most of it, but in smaller amounts, and must admit I really enjoy it, and just change it all up every evening etc.

We can share ideas if need to? Don't give up though, the results are reallllly coming now :)

My CDC reckons that Coke Zero isn't all that bad, so I wouldn't worry to be honest. Not a good habit to get into, but could be sooo much worse.

Just think, as you go up the maintenance steps in realistically only another 14lbs time (assuming you will prob go up the steps then?) then you will be introducing lots more new and healthy foods then, and food that is sooo good and healthy for your body, and you will feel sooo much better for it.

Also, looking at your stats, you're also really close to losing 10% of your body weight which is such a big bonus too, and everyone knows the benefits of losing 10% of your body weight! x

Evening

Hi Natty,

I drank a can of Coke Zero most days whilst SSing after my CDC said I could! It didn't seem to affect my weight loss at all, it did feel like you were having a bit of a treat!

Hope things settle down for you soon Lots to Lose.

;)

Thanks for that positive reply. I do need to vary my meals abit and not get stuck into a rut. Thing is, I am not really a cook and was brought up in a very meat, potatoes and 2 veg household!!

Ive not even thought about the next steps but yes, I suppose another stone and I can move up. That sounds really appealing at the moment.

You will have to excuse my slightly downbeat attitude, work is slightly horrible at the moment with redundancies and whilst I am ok, I am about to change my job in a scary way! I am stepping out of my safety zone so to speak. In saying all this, the diet is probably the most positive thing at the moment (as well as the kids and OH!)

Thanks for your post again. Its made me think differently about the diet x :hug99:

Hey Mooee, how are you today? Sticking to it?
Feeling good tonight, but my word if the scales don't move quite substantially on Monday night (in the right direction) I will be sooo gutted!

Thanks Mooee

I think Ive just replaced my Diet Coke habit with Coke Zero!

It seems the general consensus is its OK to drink altho probably not in too big a quantities!!!

Sounds about right Natty - I did get to the stage on drinking one on a Monday night after weigh in, but ran out a few weeks ago and haven't had any since lol.

Sorry to hear about your work scenario - and I hope it improves for the better for you.

As for meals, I'm def by far the worlds best cook, but have found there are a few things you can do with the dif meats etc that can be done quite simply to change up your meals.

Do you like cottage cheese/cauliflower?
One of my faves at the min is the allowance of cauliflower boiled in water or steamed (however you like your cauliflower cooked) with any spices you like, or if not a spice person, add a bit of pepper. Then drain, put in an oven dish/bowl add the allowed cottage cheese (i like to add chives to the top too) and then put under the grill for about ten mins on a medium heat til you start to get a few brown spots/the cottage cheese gets tough ish (you will see what I mean). There will be some juice from the cottage cheese, that you just need to drain once cooked, but personally for me I think this is lovelllly!

When I have finished CD, I will be having this meal probably with chicken or something. Alternatively, not sure if you have been told, but you can mix the proteins, ie 50 % of one and 50% of another, or different %'s etc, so you could have a smaller amount of cottage cheese, and actually have a small amount of chicken with it if wanted.

Just an option anyway, you may not be a cottage cheese lover after that lol! xx

I don't know if any of you have MSN - but if you want to add me I can give you my e-mail addy?
xx

Morning Ladies,

I had a bit of a blip at the weekend thanks to Mr B King :break_diet:

So this week I've lost 2 lbs, which is still good but not as much as I'd like.

On the plus side I had a great long weekend with my hubby and we had a lovely day out to Chester Zoo.

I decided to have a go at SS+ as my mood swings were getting beyond control and I feel so much better just having a little something in the evening.

Hope everyone else is ok.

If anyone would like to add me on MSN then PM me your addy xxx

Hi Alexmummy

I had four days trying SS again, but the scales didn't move.

I have now resorted to shake for breakfast then a low GI diet for some days, others I have a soup and then a low GI tea, but my plan is to make a final decision next week. My CDC has given me 3 weeks worth of stuff as "its not worth her seeing me every week if not SSing". Fine by me, as i dont waste the petrol or time doing it. Its not that different to whats on 1200 plan really.

I am full of cold at the minute anyway, so I feel better eating little and often.

I am deliberately avoiding the scales until tomorrow, but I am not sure I have done this long enough to tell whether it works!

Mooee I am totally shocked by your CDC's attitude! I really am! I wish you could come with me and see mine, she is lovely, and I am sure would advise you and help you further, mine is convinced that when our bodies do this (ie stall and stop the losses, we need more not less food, because the SS has done it's job, and now we need more to get ye old metabolism going again) My mum is just about to arrive, and going to hers for the afternoon, so I'll log off now, but write a bit more later.

Have a good day anyway -

Claire xx

Mooee thats terrible. I would seriously consider changing CDC as she doesn't seem supportive at all.

What sort of CDC tells you when you're struggling and need support that she'll see you less?!!??

xxx

It has done me a favour

in an odd sort of way!

It has focused me more to make sure what I eat is healthy. Once the cough subsides, I will get back on the bike too.

:DAnyway, good luck to all this week.

Hi Everyone

Hope you're all having a good day. Well for me, I've got to start my next assignment, as it's due within the next 2 weeks, so going to start working on that when my little one goes down to sleep.
Cold seems to be slowly lifting now, just my throat/cough that is left now.

Still praying for a good loss on Monday, am sooooo tempted to have a second bar today (my aim was 2 and no more, but I think inside I only wanted to have one, but I am just not wanting to have soup today...) really going to try not to have it, as I'm sure it's just a silly craving and one that could really and should really be overcome. Will maybe try a mixamousse - just wish I had a hand whisk instead of the big all in one thing that takes forever to clean (haha lazy me I know)

Anyway, have a good day all, Hope the sun is shining where you all are. x

Back