Team 13 - Shape Shifters Official Thread

Just had my weigh in. Only lost 1lb but a lb is a lb and it's in the right direction so I'm not complaining :)
I'll start the list below :)

Amanda71 was 164lbs -1lb now 163lbs (0.61%)

Count210 was 220lbs -10lbs now 210lbs

(won't be weighed again until next Monday)

Evening All,

Feel particularly rubbish this evening. I seem to have picked up some sort of dodgy virus, bones aching and throat feels like I have swallowed razor blades. There is a positive though, certainly don't feel like eating! I have even struggled to get down shakes today. Probably feel fine again tomorrow and will be gagging for chocolate! Those chocolate shakes don't satisfy a choc fix though;). I have been taking day cold capsules today, not sure if they are very good for me on an empty stomach??

Thanks for the info Amanda, I will try adding the signature bit later.

Need to share c-section stories with you at some point Ray. Sounds like you are having some trouble. My daughter is 5 now and my tummy is still numb. Perhaps that is because it is so stretched!
Have a very happy birthday tomorrow. Got any plans?

Your life sounds so stressful Julie, think you are doing amazingly well with you weight loss . You are a real inspiration.

Take care,

Jemma x

Count210 was 220lbs -10lbs now 210lbs (4.55%)

Great loss Jemma. Sorry to hear you're not feeling well. Capsules should be fine. I try and avoid the syrups although resorted to buttercup cough syrup and several strepsils this week(maybe that explains my small loss :) ).
It's ibuprofen that should be with food. Most cold meds are paracetamol based so should be fine :)
I have a couple of choc shakes in reserve for those evenings when only chocolate will do. I wait until I'm really desperate though! lol
Adding in my c-section tale....lol......I had a short patch along the scar that didn't feel quite right but that all seems to have sorted itself six years on.
Have a great evening everyone :)

Where is everyone? Hope you're all having a good day :)
Had a good day at work-children were on their near best behaviour :)
Having a bit of trouble with my sinusses, along with a sore throat and cough(again!) so I'm sitting here, trying not to move my head too much lol
Be back later, no doubt :)

Hi there teamies

I've had a very strange day - still very little written work achieved however
1. my daughter has had a violin and double bass audition this evening for a new youth orchestra being set up with the Halle and she's really excited because its being filmed for Channel 4 for a new TV series !!
2. I had an confrontation with the head teacher at my youngest daughter's school as they were short staffed in the nursery so they moved my daughter's support worker and my daughter(who is in Class 1) because they thought she'd enjoy playing as she wasn't very well yesterday !!! she has down syndrome and attends a mainstream school.....so I had a big wobbler and she returned to her proper class about half an hour later
3. I went for a run/rapid walk for an hour this morning !!!
4. I have SS all day :)

Whoopee - weigh in tomorrow but til then have a fun evening

Jemma what a brill weight loss

Amanda - well done - its going in the right direction .....

with love x

Best of luck to you daughter for the orchestra :)
Sounds like a very interesting day!
Well done on the run and ssing :)
Good luck for your weigh in tomorrow :)

Evening,

Still feeling crappy, so went along to doc's today. I have got an ear & throat infection as well as some sort of viral thing that is making me ache.:sign0137: Got antibiotics and have been told by my CD lady to eat - never thought she'd say that! Would love to say I have tucked into a big curry or a 5 pack of Mars bars today, but the sore throat is limiting! I have managed one strawberry tetra, an ice lolly, some orange juice and a couple of spoons of cottage cheese today. I don't want to start eating, as will just find the first couple of days on SS a nightmare again.

That is great news about the orchestra Julie. You'll have to let us know when it is being shown. I am looking forward to the lighter nights so I can start walking more again. I don't like to walk by myself when it is dark.

Hope you feel better soon Amanda. Seems to be loads of bugs going about at the moment. Nothing that a couple of weeks on holiday wouldn't sort out :D

Have a good day tomorrow.

Jemma x

Bless you Jemma. Hope you feel better soon :)

Haven't managed ss today :( Just had a chicken breast and some mushrooms so ss+. Dh and ds are sat in front of me eating a rather delicious looking pizza. I knew I had to do something to eat or I might have caved! lol
Have a great evening :)

Can everyone post their weigh in results asap please? :) Hope it went well Julie :)

Count210 was 220lbs -10lbs now 210lbs (4.55%)

Last edited:
Ok here we go depression time...I've gained a pound ...and i feel recently cheesed off as I know I've cheated but not by an enormous amount prob less than 60 calories in the week however the diet doesn't work once carbs are introduced etc etc my head knows it but my fingers just won't stop picking.

Anyway I'm feeling manic - have been working on paper all night - do I care ? Nope - really as i'm now in the frame of mind that says writing rubbish is better than not writing at all :)
So having gained weight I then blew it totally by eating a Macdonalds burger, a pack of crisps and a cup of tea with milk. So since 7.00pm I've been a hero...

My plan is to wake up and be such a hero...as my weight lady said its up to me, I can eat all I want but I'll be back to 20 stone in a few months.....

Anyway I'm rattling on as its almost 5.30am and i'm over stimulated !!

As for the c-section....I had one with my first child - how weird is that - my biggest memory was not being able to put knickers on properly !

Ok sorry for the epistle will be back on when I'm awake

Whoops weigh in

Count210 was 220lbs -10lbs now 210lbs (4.55%) - impressive or what !!:clap::clap::clap:
Imac was 208 lbs +1 now 209 lbs :(:(:(

Count210 was 220lbs -10lbs now 210lbs (4.55%) - impressive or what !!:clap::clap::clap:
Imac was 208 lbs +1 now 209 lbs :(:(:(
Diet4-40 256 STS :( TOTM still 256

Sorry I haven't been around guys, had a rubbish week, lost at the beginning and put on at the end so i sts as last week, oh hum..

hope everyone is well xxx

Hi everyone :)
Sorry to hear you've both had a struggle this week :( I seriously know where you are both coming from which is why I keep cooked chicken breasts, low fat cottage cheese, cucumber and celery in my fridge for emergencies! :)
Just get back to glugging the water and you'll have brilliant losses next week, I just know it :)
So pleased I resisted the pizza last night-there are even three slices left in the fridge for ds to have today. Don't think there's ever been left over pizza in this house before lol :D
Have a great day. Will be back later for all the results :)

Evening,

Feeling loads better today, the antibiotics are certainly kicking in now.

Anybody going to be spoilt on Mother's Day? My huge treat for the day is a CD bar (woop!) - it would have been a whole Easter Egg or a large bar of Wholenut before! My CDC suggested the Malt toffee one, so that is what I have. What do you all think of the bars? Do they make you more hungry when you are SS? What are the best flavours? May get some more this week if this one is alright and it does not make my tummy rumble more.

Today I have signed up to do a Sue Ryder Hospice sponsored midnight walk in Bedford in May. It is 10 miles, so let the training commence! Perhaps I will have to drag myself away from this laptop occasionally....... Decided to do the walk as my brother-in-law was in the Moggerhanger Hospice before he died last year. Not worried about the walk, just staying awake to finish! Sarah, I can see you're in Sandy, let me know if you fancy coming along!

Sounds like you have been burning the midnight oil Julie, I hope you managed to get some sleep tonight. Don't beat yourself up over a lb gain - you have lost 70lbs!!! My 10lb might sound impressive, but it was the 1st week, however the 70lb you have lost is certainly impressive.

When I get closer to going SS+ for a week, I will have to ask all your advice about things I can eat. I am a vegetarian, but really dislike celery and cucumber. I do like radishes and lettuce, but that would be a bit of a rubbish salad. Can see myself getting sick of cottage cheese, quorn and tofu to!

Have a lovely day tomorrow.

Jemma x

Thanks for that - its really nice of you. Tonight we've been out to friends with the younger children and its been lovely however I'm now feeling shattered and not at all in the mode for work.
as for tomorrow I've been told not to ask but there is a lot of private conversations between the kids on mobiles etc so who knows but i think the older ones are coming home - which will be fab.
Have a good dya tomorrow and I hope yuo're feeling better
with love

Happy Mother's Day :)

I have no idea why but I seriously sabotaged myself last night :( Won't go into what I scoffed but just say I didn't exercise much restraint at all! I had done so well resisting the pizza before. I don't know what possessed me.
Anyway, shouldn't have stepped on the scales this morning 'cos I've shot up by 4lbs. Hope it's gone back down by the time I weigh in on Wednesday. Back to the water :)

Am sending in results now. Can't wait any longer as I can't guarantee when I'll be about later :(
Only 4 results this week. Hope Rayven and letmeout are ok :) x

Congratulations to this weeks winners:
Mission: SlimPossible (23) with 2.42%

Well done to the weeks biggest loser from Shape Shifters (13):
Count210 with 4.55%

and finally:
images

This week's Wooden Spoon goes to:
Fat Guys Slim (19)

Back