Team 13 - Shape Shifters Official Thread

Hello everyone,

I turn my back for a couple of days and everyone is on here!!

Glad to see you back Amanda and there is absolutely no need to hang your head, you are just too hard on yourself. It is a tiny, mini blip - that's all. 6lb's is probably 2 or 3 weeks and you are back on track, so that's fab. Sounds like things have been hectic, but hopefully when your assignments are in, we'll see more of you on here.

Julie, glad you sorted your pc, not computer minded at all - but glad it wasn't terminal (pardon the pun!). I think your husband is very brave, would love to do a job I enjoy and it sounds worthwhile as well. Taking a paycut will certinaly be difficult though, my hubbie and I always live to our means (and often beyond!), but circumstances change and I am sure you'll adapt. Just heard from work that we have another couple of weeks unpaid leave coming up, after having to take 3 weeks unpaid already this year. I keep thinking that I would not have booked my holiday for August had I known this would all be happening this year, but then again, life is just too short. Your husband should have more quality time with you and the children and not spend all his time commuting.
Just glad to be working at the moment - things are extremely tough and there have been so many redundancies my work.
How are your children now? Is everything o.k?

I am certainly not a hero when it comes to the weightloss, it has been a fairly short time and has been managable. As everyone keeps telling me, the hardest work is still to come with trying to maintain. I don't want to go much lower, not destined to be a size 10 and don't aspire to be. It had got to the stage when I was perma knackered and wasn't enjoying my time with my daughter, as could not be the active mum she needs. Keeping my fingers and everything else crossed and hoping I can stay on track.
Have a great weekend.
Jemma x

Morning all! :wavey:
Had a bad week foodwise. Had my one year wedding anniversary, so three course meal was on the cards :candledinner: (which was Yummy), and I've been out and about this week, checking out the local area which has included lots of driving and/or eating in the car! NOT GOOD! :eek: Am finding my feet with regards to the new location though & have lots of local events pencilled in my diary, so its all good so far! Kids have settled into school nicely and have made some friends (Elies has a birthday party to go to on Monday! :D) and hubby is settling into his new job. He's on 20 hour weeks until September (but still gets paid a full months wage) which means he's gonna be about LOTS during the summer hols - which means I'm not going to be pulling my hair out looking after the kids by myself during the 6 week school holiday :family2:.
Anyway, i have a wedding to go back to Norwich for on the 1st of August and want to lose some weight for that - especially as it will be the first time I would have seen a lot of people since moving. Thinking it would be great to have everyone tell me how happy and healthy i look! (how vain am i!? lol) So with a truck load of Cambridge shakes in my cuboard i'm gonna try and ss this week & shift some weight.

CURRENT WEIGHT - 15 stone 10.6lbs (i think thats a marginal gain)

Hi everyone,
Sorry to not reply to you all individually but it's just another fleeting visit!
Really need to be finishing my last unit. Will be all done by Tuesday and life will return to normal(whatever that is!) by Wednesday :)
Staying on track and finding it easier with each day. Seem to be well and truly back in the 'zone'-thankfully :)
Anyway, was thinking we ought to submit some weigh in results for the team. I'll pop back tomorrow afternoon to add mine and collect everyone else's so please start a list :)
Speak later. Love to all x

Not a good day today. Just trying to get this last unit finished so I can get the whole thing signed off tomorrow. One question to go. I have been picking for the last two hours and have given in to some real naughty stuff. Oh well, will get my head back to it tomorrow.
Hope you're all ok and enjoying the glorious weather :)

Need to lose some weight, Need to lose some weight, NEED TO LOSE SOME WEIGHT!!!!!!

I agree, I agree, I agree (me that is!)
Relieved to get rid of my NVQ folder. Just keeping fingers crossed that there's nothing I need to extend from the last unit :)

I DID IT!!

I DID IT! I did one whole day of ss!! WOOHOO!!! :bliss:(i know, i know - its only one day but i've been aiming for a full day for (seemingly) ages but haven't been in the right frame of mind! YAY ME!!:clap:
Onwards to tomorrow! :D

Computer still playing up so difficult to get onto Minimins site...Pierce has made lots of useful suggestions but its not running as it should - I'm sure i can blame Microsoft. Lovely to catch up with you all !! As for life....thanks but yes my 2 youngest are now fit and well (aged 6 and 15) thats taken some pressure off, my husband starts work tomorrow and until he gets paid i'm very nervous. Work is incredibly yukky. I work (part time) as a children and family social worker and have several nasty child protection cases which are currently going court so I'm all over the place. One of the down sides of doing the same job for ages is I get the heavy ended stuff so to fit everything in I end up doing lots of stuff at home however as that goes down like a lead balloon I wait til everyone is in bed before I start. As for weight - it feels like 2 steps forward 6 steps back. I've finally relented and bought some new clothes rather than keep wearing things 2 sizes too big. I was very hopeful in the january sales and bought several very nice items but all in a 14 so they are sitting in one wardrobe and my other has my very meager current wardrobe which until today consisted of black skirt (work), black trousers, one pair of jeans and 5 tops which I bought in Dec and are now wearing thin so I'm now the proud owner of 2 new skirts, one cardi type top and a number of very cheap t-shirts - not a designer amongst them but costing less than £60 for the lot !!! As for weight - the weighin is on Thurs so watch this space. Happy SSing one and all with love xxxx

Morning all, Day 2 of 100% ss for me & i'm feeling very positive (although my tongue this morning felt like a miniature badger had crawled into my mouth and died! YUK - guess thats a good thing though) Was gasping for a cuppa this morning which i'm now supping & am looking forward to getting another 100% day under my belt!
Hope you're all doing well. xxx

So far so good !! All day of SSing and yes the budgie cage mouth is back despite supping gallons today. I love your "get under 200 pounds" indicator.My CDC phoned and can't make Thurs so the next day we can both meet is next week so I MUST be good....... Big hugs all round and well done Ray...herer's to hoping you've kept going xx

I'm afraid i had a blip! Girls were having chicken escalopes for dinner last night and i had some!!! *shocking* Half my problem at the mo (and i know i'm making excuses) is that i'm still pretty emotional about leaving Norwich for the first time and tbh i'm struggling to find my feet here - so you guessed it - all i want to do when i'm feeling like that is eat!! *sigh* I NEED to find a way of dealing with my emotional eating (isn't that why most people are doing the diet in the first place though?) so that i DON'T get the urge to eat every time i'm in a bad place. Sooooo, back to square one again i'm afraid! I will have a loss but it won't be anywhere near as good as hoped, plus i've gotta post results a day early (friday instead of saturday) as we're going back to Norwich this weekend as Caitlin has a party to go to. IMAC, well done for sticking with it hun. I'm gonna try for another good day today. xxxxx

Evening All,
Was having a very good SS week and apart from a couple of extra half bars, had stuck to it. Then....... was cooking a crappy tea for my daughter and her friend this evening and ate some potato wedges and a few spoons of beans. Do not know what posessed me (not even yummy food) and I have been throwing out her leftovers with no problem for the last 15 weeks. I know it isn't the end of the world, but just made me feel out of control. What if had been a chocolate cake or a yummy Indian takeaway? Think I am getting to the end of being able to SS, but just not convinced I will have control over my eating at all. Those nasty carb cravings!

Don't beat yourself up about the chicken Ray, you are doing well and have so much going on at the mo. I am sure you have not done much damage at all. Do this weeks WI and you might surprise yourself.

Julie - how you getting on now? Well done for going back to SS, I now realise just how difficult it can be! Think my week off just tickled my tastbuds again for proper food. Really hope you have a great first WI and stick with the SS.

How are things with you now Amanda? Assignments all complete? Has the rest of the week been better for you?

Have a good weekend - going to be a SS (or perhaps SS+) one for me!

X

Well done everyone at getting back on the wagon........whoopeee just realised my computer is working normally again unlike anything else !

Jemma I totally understand your feelings about eating rubbish - I cheat far too often on calories I don't even notice I've eaten let alone enjoy the food ! Having said that my weight has remained off and I know I'm much fitter inspite of it having taken me a year.

Will pop on later to finish as I've got a little helper !!

Hi all,
Not a good week for me. So much for getting back to it :( Crossing my fingers again for a good day today!
Folder all handed in. No email from my tutor yet with my final feedback but she told me when I handed it in that she didn't anticipate any problems. Should be internally verified very soon and hopefully a certificate(plus the numeracy and literacy ones) within 4 weeks(ish) :)
I know what you mean about feeling out of control Jemma :( BUT I do know that although initially I want a bit of everything, I get to the stage that I don't want those things anymore within a few days. This is where I am again so ss here I come :)
Have a gr8 day everyone :D

Hi Amanda good to hear from you...my little helper was my 6 year old who remained restless for some time later.
I'm out for dinner tonight with some friends so I'm hoping I can stick to SSing and if not eat white/green for the evening. Alternatively I can keep passing food to my OH !!
Have a good day everyone - we're off to a school fair shortly followed by ususal kids Sat activities
Have a good day each of you
with love xx

Hi All,

Did I say SS or SS+ all weekend? What I meant was 2 tetras and a Pizza Hut for tea today! Arghhhh! Could have been worse, shared a small thin pizza and some salad with my hubbie. Salad would have been better without Humous I suppose. Oh well, must try harder...... Wanted to get to 11st before my weigh in a week on Monday, not sure scoffing Pizza Hut is conducive to a 2.5lb weight loss this week. Got to get a grip.
Hope everyone else is being much better than me today.
Take care
Jemma x

Not a chance ....I went to a school fair where they had a Krispy Kreme donut table !!! so I bought lots of ones I don't like and gave them my OH to carry..so far so good.
Then this evening we went to a friend who had arranged a "Danish" open sandwich buffet for us so I left the bread and ate the filling, ate some cherries and felt ok.
Came home and blew all my good intentions as I've just stuffed 2 donuts in , and they weren't even full size !!
Another day tomorrow...:)

Got up this morning with the best of intentions......ten minutes later I was eating strawberry jam on toast!
Off to the cinema later this afternoon......popcorn is calling me already :( And I'm already planning what I'll have in Frankie & Bennys afterwards!
I will sort my head out and get back to it in the morning. Promise! :)

So glad it wasn't just me! Must be the weather ladies......

Had a SS+ish curry I had made this eve with TVP "rice" (although some spices I think deviated from SS+ and don't think the 2x poppadoms at 4g carbs each helped the situation).

Ohhh the joy of doughnuts and popcorn! Would just not have been able to walk away. I was practicially licking the Krispy Kreme counter at Tesco the other day, and did not go to the cinema with my hubbie on Friday (apart from the lack of babysitter) because I knew I could not survive without popcorn or pick'n'mix! I am rubbish!

Let's get back on the case tomorrow - got weigh in tomorrow night and not expecting miracles! Will let you know........

Jemma x

Back