Team 13 - Shape Shifters Official Thread

Hello Sahra

I'm Julie/ Imac welcome to Shape Shifters and Minis, I've been around for about a year and have lost about 80 pounds...however still need to lose more so will be around for a lot longer !
Generally we post our weights by Fri/Sat and amanda does mysterious things with them...she will explain. The main thing is you can post as frequent or as infrequent as suits you but we're all here to support you.

Take care
with love xx

Wow, you're all doing so well. I'd love to join if you still have space? Can you bring me up-to-speed with what I need to do for the Team - as I've not been Cd'ing for about a year now!

Thank you very much for the nice welcome.

Well I have been on the diet for 3 ( almost 4) weeks now, and lost 25lbs (yeah :D), so I am now 12.9 stones. I wish to come down to 10 stones.

I am 21 years old and wish to lose weight and maintain the loss 4for my wedding in may 2010 :D

I am grateful for your support and will do my best to keep up with your amazing weight loss. 80pounds is absolutely fantastic.

lol I am forward to see the Amanda doing mysterious things with the numbers. :D

Take care xx Sarah

Hi
I am on ss and have been on it for 2 weeks (2nd WI tomorrow) i wouldreally love top join your team as i am really struggling and could do with the support :)
Please may i join you??

Is there any room for me :(

Yes to all...Sahra, Lollipop and Dione we'd love to have you onboard.....especially as Amanda is very near her goal weight- sigh with envy :D , :)

What you need to do is send in your weekly weight, we normally post it here and Amanda does magical things with it.

Good to have you all on board

with love xx

Hi Julie,

Thankyou very much fo rletting me join your team. I am really struggling at the moment :(
Also i have a works leavers party tomorrow night and everyone is sitting down for a meal and then out for drinks. The drink doesnt bother me as im driving but i know i am not going to sit there and watch everyone eat??? :(
Id love to have your advice :) :)
Glad to be part of a team xxx

Welcome all :)
Thanks for your message Julie :)
This week is not going very well and target seems such a long way off :(
I'll be lucky if I stay the same this week but I feel positive that the turning point is coming :)
Anyway, all I need is your weigh in results by Sunday morning. I need the weight at the beginning of the week, weight lost and current weight so I can calculate your percentage lost :)

Prawns, chicken, celery, cucumber and lettuce would be better options if they're available. Most importantly, have a great time! :D

Thanks Amanda

Am i allowed to eat then? Someone has just told me drink water and think about the bad things that happen in kitchens you cant see :( That didnt help as its not as easy as that.

Not sure if you need this info now but my start weight was 12.10, 1st WI 12.05 and my next WI is tomorrow :)

Evening All,

Welcome new ladies! Glad to see you all posting on here so quickly.

Let me introduce myself, I am Jemma, 33 and married with a 5 yr old daughter. I started Cambridge on 10th March and was SS for the first 12 weeks. I have since been swaying between SS, SS+ and am now on sort of 810/1000 a day. My starting weight was 15st 10lb, and this week I weighed in at 10st 11.5lb. My first goal was 12st and the next was 11st. Quite happy with how I am at the mo (although not within a "healthy" BMI), but think I would like to maintain at this. We'll see! Going on holiday for a fortnight mid-August and then have my brothers wedding 4 weeks after that, so need to stick with it!

Would love to give you some good advice about your evening out Dione, but it is a tricky one to be honest. I was a virtual recluse for the first few weeks until I felt comfortable going out and just having a drink. Then I would have fizzy water and pretend it was gin and tonic! Difficult if they are all eating though - I know people do take their tetras or just arrive a bit later. It is whatever works for you. Amanda gave some good food options, but that would be SS+.

You are doing fantastically well Sahra - stick with it!

Hi Julie, Amanda & Ray

How has your week been? Have not been an angel at all - slight carb binge yesterday at the funeral buffet, but back on track today. I think my lack of water is not good at the moment. Need to get glugging!

Take care.

Jemma

Evening All,

Let me introduce myself, I am Jemma, 33 and married with a 5 yr old daughter. I started Cambridge on 10th March and was SS for the first 12 weeks. I have since been swaying between SS, SS+ and am now on sort of 810/1000 a day. My starting weight was 15st 10lb, and this week I weighed in at 10st 11.5lb. My first goal was 12st and the next was 11st. Quite happy with how I am at the mo (although not within a "healthy" BMI), but think I would like to maintain at this. We'll see! Going on holiday for a fortnight mid-August and then have my brothers wedding 4 weeks after that, so need to stick with it!
Hi Jemma,
That is brilliant, i am truly envious and you are a great inspiration.
Would love to give you some good advice about your evening out Dione, but it is a tricky one to be honest. I was a virtual recluse for the first few weeks until I felt comfortable going out and just having a drink. Then I would have fizzy water and pretend it was gin and tonic! Difficult if they are all eating though - I know people do take their tetras or just arrive a bit later. It is whatever works for you. Amanda gave some good food options, but that would be SS+.
Do you think it would harm me to be on SS+ for 1 night? I cant turn up later as we are all going straight form work : :(
I think if i dont eat something healthy i know i will binge. Id rather be hinest, my will power is very low :( even though i went out to lunch with colleagues on Weds and didnt eat :p
Hope to stay in touch with you as i feel i will learn alot :)

Jemma you have done so well :)
I've struggling with my water intake too. Six weeks off is hard as I do so much better at work(regular breaks for water, routine, busy etc). A concerted effort from tomorrow morning :)

Dione, if you haven't eaten at all and are ss then I would try and stick to it as once you start to pick it can be difficult to stop! On the other hand, if you know that you will succumb, it is better to follow a plan and make a sensible choice(such as ss+) than fall down completely. I don't think ss+ for one evening would hurt as long as you can stay in control and get back too ss afterwards.
I am really struggling to get back onto plan. With hindsight, I wish I'd never come off ss but what's done is done!
Anyway, let us know what you decide and how you get on :)

Good Morning Everyone,

Well i have just had my 2nd WI and i lost 1.5lb :( Quite disappointed really! My cdc told me off and said it was beacause i wasnt drinking enough water :( :(
I am now on a mission to aim for 4 litres a day so i know i will definately drink 3.

Amanda: My WI is as follows. Start weight since i have joined this team 12.05lb, New weight 11.13lb :( :(

Hello all

i'm Julie...have i said that ? I'm married and I've got 5 kids, oldest is almost 23 which makes me very very old. Others are 21, 18. 15 and 6 so at the moment only the two youngest live permanantly at home.

Dione.. As for your dilemma with eating, I would have loved to stuck to SSing when going out however I wanted a life and I had a long way to go. I've had a number of major events during the past year and I tend to decide whether or not they are important then plan whether or not I eat but the final choice is up to you.

Anyway good to hear from you all ...here's to guzzling the water !!! We've had a very difficult couple of days as my 21 year old son (he's a student) got assaulted in the early hours and ended up in hospital with internal bleeding and a perforated eardrum ! Anyway he's now home and ok but deaf in one ear. I got a tel call from the police so met him at the hospital and spent all night and day waiting around. So yesterday was a disaster as all i wanted was carbs, today so far I'm ok.
I'm not getting weighed til Monday as I had to cancel yesterday so I'll let you know for next week

with love all

xxxxxxxx

Hi All,

I know exactly what you mean Amanda, going back to SSing is soooo difficult having eaten - saying that though my husband has SS+'d since he started (at the same time as me) and has lost over 5st now. For me it was far better to take food completely from the equation and not have it as part of my life.

Dione - How has your water intake been this week? I never really went above 2.5 ltrs a day and it was o.k, also on weigh in day I stopped drinking 2.5 hrs before weigh in (not a great idea, so not saying do that!). I know some people swear by 4 ltrs or even more, but watch how you drink it. Don't glug it all at once and try and space it throughout the day - it can be dangerous to drink it all at once. I aimed for 1ltr before lunch (plus a couple of coffees) and then the rest spaced throughout the afternoon. What else did your CDC say? Don't be disheartened - keep with it and I am sure you'll be happy with your result next week. If SS is getting you down, think about SS+ and if that would work better for you. Keep your chin up honey and remember that you have lost 11lb in 2 weeks and that is fantastic! Not far off 1st in 2 weeks is amazing and you are 1/4 of the way to your goal!

Julie / Ray - Hope all is o.k with you. How are you settling now Ray? How has your week been Julie?

Sahra - How are you getting on?

Take care all - will be on here over the weekend no doubt.

Jemma x

Back