***** Team 19 - Fat Guys Slim NEW Official Thread *****

Hi Guys

I am seeing my CDC tonight at 7pm to get right back on track hopefully. I know I need to do it but I have just had a whole lot of work sh1t and family sh1t to contend with this past 3 weeks which has really got me down. I will try though.

I am going to ask Dave to figure out our weekly results in a mo, before I go work and then I'll post them on here. Needless to say I have STS this week!!

Any news on Dean? Hope he is okay!

Kate xxx

Hi guys...

quick message b4 i it the hay!
Well done DEE...:D:D

Dean, hope you are recovering well and are fighting fit as soon as possible ;-)

kate - sorry you have had to deal with a whole host of stuff *hugs* really hope you are taking time to look after yourself and are feeling positive. Good news about seeing the CDC and getting back on track.

Best of luck to everyone this week for a goo WI. Im hoping for 3 or 4 lbs to get this mini-challenge up and running!

gnight :):):):)
xxxxxxxxx

Evening all :)

I went to see my CDC tonight, I have decided to get back on it and have bought all my stock for the next week :D my CDC recommended we just make small manageable goals, so thats what we're going. I am just planning on getting through the next 7 days, I would like to lose 7lbs in two weeks which should be possible as I am getting back on it- Day 1 is tomorrow :D

Wish me luck!!

I hope your all okay and enjoyed your weekends. I can't wait for wed when I have a day off :D

Night xxx

Katie - cakes!
Glad you are back on track honey. You got me through those first few weeks and i want to support you too.
I think 7 pounds in 2 weeks is a realistic, sensable goal.
Let that be the start of our mini challenge, and from there - its only 3lbs the next week to reach the 10lbs in 3 weeks!
GO TEAM!!!!!!
Lets rock this cambrige thang!

Hey lovelies

Can't believe I was the week's biggest loser, now I feel like an even bigger moron for putting it back on over the weekend. I don't even have an excuse, I just wanted to eat and then, just did! But hey, I'm not beating myself up about it, I started back on the straight and narrow today.

How are you all getting on? Kate, honey, glad to hear that you are getting back on track too, I know you can do it. I just saw your new facebook pic, your face is looking sooo slim, you have done amazingly well so far.
Thanks for asking about the birthday, it was fantastic. I should try turning 30 more often, I have never been so spoiled :p

Rach, how are you getting on with getting back into the gym? I did my first ever yoga routine today, loved it. I'm really not flexible at all, but hopefully that will change if I stick to it :eek:

How are the rest of our lovely little group getting on? I love the 10lb in 3 week challenge, I am definitely up for that. I have a wedding to go to in April where I have promised to wear a dress, I haven't worn a dress since high school! So need to get back in the zone, and I reckon this is the way to do it.

Has anyone heard from Dean yet? Hope you are ok!

And Anni - well done on your 3lb, whoo hoo to you :D

On a bit of a bizarre note, I'm not a superstitious sort of person, but I do like to indulge in a bit of a daily horoscope. My entry today is a bit appropriate so I thought I'd share it with you..

"Winnie the Pooh was fond of honey. He felt happy whenever he ate it. Although, his appetite often proved to be his downfall. We are all a bit like that to some extent. We pursue what we want - or think we want - with such enthusiasm, as to completely complicate our lives. That's all fine when it seems as if we are winning but woe betide us when, not only do we not have what we want, we must pay the price for our failed attempt to get it. Recent events have left you feeling frustrated. Coming events will prove to be more inspiring."

I am reading that to say "stop eating rubbish, it's making you fat again"! :):):)

Love Dee xxx

Hi Guys
I'm back!!!!!!!
Remember that pain that I had which I thought was wind and the doc diagnosed as constapation? Well it turned out to be kidney stones and gall stones!
I was in agony, they kept me in as they stated that they was going to operate on me to remove my gall bladder, I waited and waited then they released me without doing the operation!
Ah well at least I'm out and back!
I do hope that you guys are all well, thanks also for the messages for me, really appreciate it!
What do I do about my weigh in figures, I will weigh in on Saturday but will have missed 2 weeks figures, can it all go in as one?
Again guys, thanks for the messages!
Bloody stones, the kidney ones were tiny but bloody painful and the gall stones are still inside me - they say that they should be able to operate on me in a couple of months but will have to wait for an appointment date!
Thanks again
Dean

Welcome back Dean :hug:

We missed you! Hope you arent suffering too much with your gallstones ;-(

Just dropping in b4 i attack my porridge (im starvin)... thats me 3lbs down, so only 7lbs to go as part of the 3-week mini challenge. Hope i manage it Rach. I like the idea of mini-goals ....feels much more achievable.

Yipeeeeeeee!

Dee - glad you had a great birthday! Hope its not too much of a shock to get back on track.
Kate - hope you are doing well x
Good luck to everyone. keep in touch

anni xxxxxx

Glad to see you are back Dean!

What a nightmare you have been through, hope you are holding up ok. Are you allowed to carry on with CD through all this, I wouldn't want do yourself any harm.

Glad to see you back on the boards, look after yourself honey.

Love Dee xx

Hi Guys,

Just a quick note to let you know that I have filled in my results a bit early, I'm off for a short break this evening so I thought I'd better do it now.

Have a lovely weekend all of you xxx

Have a good break Dee. Looking forward to catching up again when you get back.

Positive vibes for everyone today. Hope you guys are all doing well.
Off to smother myself in bio-oil to help the skin.

ciao
xxxxxx

WELCOME BACK DEAN!!! Missed you around honey!! :hug99:

Hope all is well with everyone, will try and post properly later on, off to work now xxxx

DEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNN!!!!!!
Welcome back honey!!!!!!!!
oh how we have missed you!
are you still in pain? i hope not. and did you stay on the diet while in hospital? as for your results - we have been putting you in as STS each week so im sure you can post your loss as normal and if its a big one, so much the better! our figures have been pretty poo for the last couple of weeks. lots of us (including your truely) have had STS's.

I was woken up on monday night with terrible pains in my stomach. i paniced, thinking of what happened to you but i went to the doc and he said it was acid. gave me hardcore ant-acids and im only starting to feel better today. didn't manage do stay on CD while i felt ill, just couldn't stomach the shakes, but i onlt had chicken soup with the fat trimmed off and none of the veg, hope it doesnt affect my losses.
Anni - great start to the mini challenge! i was doing really wel till i got ill but im back on the wagon today since i feel better. off to bodybalance and salsa-size tonight!

hope everyone else is doing well too!
Kate - how you feeling honey? back in the saddle?

xx rach

Hi Team
Sorry I havent been on since I got back, but being self employed and missing sooooo much time due to the hospital, I need the money so have been working like a dog doing 14 hr days and am nackered.
Just had my weigh in, and since my last, I have lost a total of 20lbs. Am chuffed, especially as I was on all the drips and medication in hospital!!!!
I will update my chart now.
I really hope everyone is ok, I will be back on later today, just off to work for 3/4 hours.
Take care all, spk later.
Dean

OMG DEAN!!!

Right thats it... I need to get me one of those drips you were on, oh and lots of medication....i wanna lose 20lbs in 3 weeks!!! lolol

here we are trying to do a 10lb min-challenge...and you beat us twice over. hehehe

Glad you are back on track.

just in from work myself, so feeding kids then its time to have a bath and settle down for the night in front of the box! before working again tomorrow!

have a good night one and all.

anni
xxxxxxxx

Hi All

Sorry to say but I have failed you all again this week, it has been a really difficult week again and food has been my friend, even though I know really its my enemy. I am going onto Day 1 again tomorrow and going to try my best. I have been invited out for a night out in Plymouth 2 weeks today so I wanna be able to fit into this really nice dress I have ordered. I also don't have long before seeing my wedding dress again, so I need to really get a grip of myself :( I'm just really struggling & have been feeling v isolated, I'm on the verge of going to the docs to see what help I may be able to get :( just feel ****. Sorry guys for letting you all down. I will hand on heart try my hardest as of tomorrow. Love to you all xxx

AWWW Kate! :)

You haven't failed us! Our journey is our own personal up and downs and we are only human. You have done so brilliantly and its time to go easy on yourself. The worst thing you can do is beat yourself up about it, it will only do you more harm than good. Noone is perfect and im sure everyone will agree we have all tried to lose weight over the years trying a multitude of different diets etc... before discovering CD, and that it isnt easy! Its bl**dy difficult and you have to be completely focused on what you are doing.

Maybe seeing your GP will help honey, I know while i suffered with depression and shortly afterwards, I wasn't ready for the life CD offers, both physically and emotionally. I have had to deal with a lot of things before getting to this point. You can only fully focus on one thing at a time,and taking care of 'you' emotionally is much more important. x

Food is our friend - its life's fuel and sometimes along the way we keep the fire fuller for longer than we should. Dont put yourself under any more duress, take it one day at a time.

We love having you as team-leader and i will be thinking of you over the next few days. Good luck getting back on track, if its what you decide is best for you. Keep posting and let us know how things are going.

Take care, be strong and look after yourself. We are always here.

We know you would go all out to help one of us in the same situation ;-)

Anni
xxxxx :fingerscrossed:

Hi Anni

Thanks so much for your kind words, they really mean a lot to me :) :hug99: I shall take on board what you have said and really I am going to try my hardest as of today. As we speak Dave is making up my porridge- I have one bar for later on and a tetra for tonight. I am working 10-7 then off to do another shift (plus a sleep in) at a different service for 7.30pm, so I thought a tetra would be good for when I am on the go.

I am a bit worried about tomorrow as I am finishing tonight sleep in at 10am, then I have the day to myself but I am off to yet another service tomorrow night (9pm) to do the night waking. Now in the past I have munched my way through the night, I plan to take another bar and tetra with me and hope that I can keep my resolve, I don't really wanna fall at the first hurdle. Its such a shame that my phone will only let me view this website and not post cus I could have posted on here, even if no one replied. Oh well!!

I know I have everything to aim for, last night I was looking at some photos on my phone from when I was 1.5 stone lighter than now. I looked so much better, I wanna get back to that and then some :D I will do it. I need to channel all my negative energy into this, it can only result in good & that way I will feel I have worked hard to deal with the current issues which have been bringing me down.

Rach- thanks honey for you pm. I probably won't be able to log on now until tomorrow day time, but I will do, I shall update you all on my progress & also support you all. I enjoy being team leader, apologise for not being able to log in as often as I'd like of late, but now this past month is out the way I should be on here more frequently :D you will all be sick of me soon!

Anyone heard from Nya- her results haven't been updated of late!

Love to you all xxxx

Kate
You havent let anyone down chick and you havent failed us either!
Everyone has periods where they feel like s**t, its only natural!
You will come out of this stronger and slimmer - youll see!
I know that I am not half way yet to losing my total of 10st, but after losing over 4st, I feel and look completely different to how I started, my tolerance levels are crap and my patience levels are worse, what I am trying to say is that if I can somehow do this, I know that you can. So, new start chick - lets, as a team, all pull eacother along through the bad times, and all make new bodies for ourselves.
ITS DAMN HARD, BUT IT WILL BE SOOOOO WORTH IT!!!!!!
Dont forget, I want the wedding pics on here, so I want you looking the best that you can - you can do it Kate!

To the rest of you food dodgers, and you leader, thanks again for all your words welcoming me back, I really missed you guys whilst in hospital - was desperate to get back on here with my team-mates and losing weight!
Thanks again guys.
BE GOOD, and just think, this time next week, you WILL have lost weight!
Speak soon guys
Dean

Back