***** Team 19 - Fat Guys Slim NEW Official Thread *****

Evening all.

Dean thank you for your special words honey, they mean a lot :D I haven't re started yet due to my wacky shift schedule yesterday & tonight. I have been feeling really weak for some reason, probably due to lack of sleep so I have been eating but nothing too bad I don't think.

I am re starting tomorrow & will then have 2 weeks before I see my CDC. I think she may be half the problem- I don't hear from her in the week and the extra support would be helpful when I can't log in here. My mums CDC has offered to be my support line & I just get my stock from mine, which I thought was a nice offer. I just need to meet her on Sat once we go home for the weekend and then I will feel more comfortable chatting to her etc.

I think you have done so well Dean- really really well babes. I need to use you as inspiration. Come tomorrow I will get back on it and I will do this!! By the end of March I would like to weigh 16 stone- which in theory I could get down to in my first week with a big loss :D but I will not count my chickens just yet!

Right off to get ready for work- got a night waking to do at a strange service, never worked there before, not looking forward to it :(

Love to you all xxx

hello my fellow teamies :D:D:D:D:D

Just checking in as i hate seeing us soooooo low down on the CD teams forum! I want us to stay in touch as much as possible ;-)

Kate - how are you doing honey? Hope you are feeling more positive :girlpower:

Dean - how are you doing?? If you lose another 20lbs in 3 weeks im coming to live with you and Stacey to see how you do it! lolol:) 4st is wonderful and you must look and 'feel'like a new man :p ooo-er

Rach - How is the mini-challenge coming along??? 1 more week and i have to manage 4lbs (i seem to be a 3lb maintainer, so no idea how to alter this....watch this space......) good luck :happy036:

Dee - you back from your jollies? How was it? Hope you are doing well too ;)

Nya....you ok? havent heard from you in a while.

caz....you still wandering in here and again as we would love to know how you are getting on.

Off to get dinner, and watch supersize vs superskinny!

Positive vibes everyone. :vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes:

anni xx

:grouphugg:

Hi all,
sorry i haven't been around the last few days. our hard drive died and martin had to install another one. good thing the boy knows about computers, i would have thought i needed a new one.
The mini challenge is going well. kinda.
I am going to gym every night i can, the only times i have missed it out was when i have had to work late or meet my CD.
the problem is i feel more hungry. i dont know if its mental or physical. am i really hungry cause i am working out or do i just think i need to eat more?
I have decided to be strict-er with myself and not nibble as much to see how i get on. also, im addition to the gym im going to walk to work most days as well. its now only 12 days till the dress fitting and i have 7lbs to go to complete the challenge.
Kate - sorry i havent replied yet, going to message you tonight. hope the new servie rocks!
Anni - even if you dont manage that 1lb, loosing 3 lbs a week is a great accomplishment and you should be very proud. im doing that too but having to kill myself at the gym to ge there;)
everyone else - keep up the good work. lets all work even harder to ourselves and eachother, summer is just around the corner :D

Evening girls!

Thanks for your pm Rach, I will reply when I get a little while longer on line.

Anni- glad all is well your end. Thanks for your support this past week. I have re-started today- felt good about it & more positive when I tried on my new size 16 dress from DP's & Dave took some photos of me in my outfit, for a night out in a few weeks. I want to try and lose half a stone before then so I feel even better in the dress :D I will use it as in incentive!

I don't know if I have time to meet the mini challeneg starting this late on....when is the deadline to have lost the 10lbs?

Hope everyone is fine and dandy....Nya, where are you?

xxxx

Hi guys
Just checking in to see how you are all doing - well and on track i hope?????
just had another clear out of my old "fat" clothes, god it felt good!
people are really starting to notice a difference now, which is also a major boost.
gonna have a chat with my cdc tomorrow to see if my target weight is realistic, as its another 5st4lbs away, but people are telling me that they think that i may look ill if i drop to that weight - i dunno though, so will get advice tomorrow. i have plucked up the courage to show you guys my before and current pics, i will try to upload them in a minute - its nothing major, but for me, its mega embarrising to think that i let myself get to that size!
ah well, see what you guys think.
spk later team, good luck all
dean

guys
done it!
photos are in my album, look at the SIZE I WAS!!!!!!!!!
Not only fat, but f*****g grose to look at!
Not that Im a model now, but that was mega mega fat!!!
Take care
Dean

Hi Dean..... posted a comment on the other thread!!

I think you look great!.... even the before photos :p

I am getting hubby to take monthly ones of me....not that i can see much difference, but im sure there is some! Weird how i still seem to have the 'fat-head' on.

Ive put my loss into the chart for this week...(at least i think i did, but wasnt sure if it saved....let me know if it hasnt gone over.)

Not sure exactly when the 10lbs mini-challenge is up...think its next week sometime. I get weighed on tuesday, so hoping i manage to squeeze out a couple of pounds.

Well done kate on size 16's...lucky you.... i was chuffed getting to my 22 tops (b4 size 26/28), still have a long long way to go before 16's fit me :(:(:(

have a good weekend all...im off out for my birthday tomorrow night, sparkling water and a bar for me!

toodle ooooooo

anni
xxxxxxx

thanks for the message Anni, that was nice and more reason to keep going!
regarding your comment, it wont be long before you can put your pics on here - keep it going, youll be fine and feel 100% better!
if i dont speak to you beforehand, have a great birthday!!!!!!!!!!
take care
dean

Wow Anni - you are sticking to CD on your birthday! You are an inspiration of dedication!

And so are you Dean! thanks for posting those pics. I know how you feel, looking back and being a bit embarrassed but don't be, your a handsome guy.
I sent my mom a recent pic of me and she was shocked at the loss and said 'never let that happen again'. i know she meant well but i was taken aback cause she was right and i was embarrassed that i had let myself go that far.
As for the Mini-Challenge - still one more week to go, next saturdays WI is the last.
I didnt do so well this week. TOTM and i have a cold so haven't been going to the gym. but cold or not, i have to go cause i have 6lbs to loose this week:eek:
Good luck everyone for WI!!!!

hi team
thanks Rach, thanks Kate, your comments mean alot!
just had my weigh in, lost 4lbs!
Am happy, want to try to lose 5.25lbs next week then thats a total of 5st lost in 11 wks!
fingers crossed.
be good team, good luck all
dean

Hi Guys!:D:D:D

well done Dean, another 4lbs ;-)

Its good having mini-challenges for ourselves and 5st in under 3 months would be so fabulous...although, you already are an inspiration in my eyes ;)

Rach - Im only sticking to CD on my birthday because im afraid to eat anything else....incase it starts me down the spiral of back to fat-land. Im taking my bar with me, but if we go out somewhere that does a plain chicken salad, i will see how the mood takes me, especially as im going out in a group. I really dont want to go, but dont want to alienate myself from my friends because of CD. So, being open-minded and not putting myself under pressure.

Hope the rest of you guys are having a fun day.

Doesnt look so great here in my neck of Scotland - but the sun appears to be shining - going out for coffee soon, once kids are packed off to nana's.

Anni :grouphugg:
xxxxxxx

Hi Guys

Happy birthday Anni, is it today or tomorrow? Hope you have a fabulous one :D

Dean - your pictures are amazing. What a difference to see, you must be feeling great. I hope so. How are you feeling health-wise these days?

How is your cold Rach? Hope you are feeling better soon. I wanted to ask you about the exercise thing, do you usually have enough energy for it?

Kate my darling, I think you and I are going through something similar at the moment. How are you getting on with your restart? And how are you feeling in yourself?

I have been going through some really tough things at work that I just don't want to have to deal with and I have completely turned to food for comfort. I have been conscience of doing it but just haven't had the willpower to stop myself. I even considered leaving this group so I wouldn't have to admit this to anyone, but then who am I fooling? I'm only doing myself harm, what an idiot. So I am sorting myself and getting back on track. For good this time! I know I keep saying this, but I really am. I have had a number of events and birthday dos lately and kept putting off being fully back on the diet until after each one, but I just realised that I was using them as excuses.
It really hit home a couple of ways this morning. I was talking to my Dad on the phone today, he is in Australia and I haven't seen him in about three years. The last time I saw him I was about 26 stone and a size 30. I didn't tell him that I was on a diet and wasn't going to until I saw him next, but by the end of last year he was starting to get suspicious that he hadn't seen any pictures of me in a good long time so my sister sent him some and he saw that I had lost loads of weight. I have never heard him so proud, it was heartwrenching. Anyway, this morning he told me that I have inspired him to go on a diet and he has lost 9kg (about 20lb) since he found out about me. My Dad has always been a large chap and I have never known him to ever try a diet in my whole life. Man, if that doesn't kickstart me back into action I don't know what will!

On top of that I have a friend who is also on CD. She started before me (she was my inspiration for doing it as we spent years living together in the past trying various diets and failing badly!) and has always been a couple of sizes smaller than me as we both progress. It's great because I get all of her fat clothes as she shrinks. I just got a load more from her including clothes that I would never dream of wearing like tight t-shirts and a denim mini skirt. Well, I have just put them on and they don't look too bad! It's not quite a mini skirt, but it's above the knee :eek: which is shorter than any skirt I have worn in the last 20 years. I'm still a bit podgy in the clothes though, and summer is coming along. I NEED TO GET MY ARSE INTO GEAR!!!

Sorry guys, I hope you don't mind me letting all this out here but it really helps me. I have put weight on this week so I don't know how I am going to get to the mini challenge we have set ourselves but I am going to try.

I hope you are all having wonderful weekends and that you are doing ok.

Love Dee xx

Morning everyone....

dee - :hug99:thank you for being so open, and good on your dad for being so lovely and encouraging you. And it must be god to have a CD companion. Hope you have a good restart.

kate - how is your restart coming along??? Positive vibes for everyone :vibes:

Well, i survived the dinner night out.... its my birthday today but hubby and friends fancied a night out in Edinburgh yesterday watching the rugby and then going for munchies. I didnt put myself under any pressure and took my bar along incase there was an opportunity to eat it along with drinking copious amounts of sparkling water. Turns out, they chose somewhere i couldnt 'not eat' and opening up a CD bar just didnt look quite right, so i opted for the baby caesar salad, no dressing...my friend ate the croutons, hubby ate some bread product next to it, i scraped off the cheese and ate my 3 slivers of grilled chicken and cos lettuce! It was okay! Not very exciting and made me realise that i can easily wait another 6 months before eating normally :)

Now off to buy a cake so the kids can help blow out the candles, as well as eat it on my behalf lololol :D:D:D:D:D:D

have a relaxing sunday everyone

anni (who is now on the wrong side of mid- 30's eek)
xxxxxxx
Weird, i feel my attitude to food changing already so feeling positive today.

Anni
Happy birthday chick, well done last night, it would have been so easy to over endulge - you did great. Have a great day!!!!
Dee
Only you know when the time is right to lose the weight - nobody else can decide it or tell you when to lose it - only you!
Dont leave the team, we are all in the same boat, so we are all here for eachother.
Slim people have no idea what we go through, they look at us bigger people as being different, they dont say anything but you know that they think it.
I am no expert, far from it, I just go on my own experiences. I do know how great it feels when you get the compliments that people have noticed that you have lost weight. You grow an inch in height and feel untouchable - it gives you such a buzz and gives you the determination to carry on.
CD is hard, but you get the results alot quicker than any other diet out there, which, at the end of the day, is why we are all here.
Only you will know when the time is right, you think to yourself, enough is enough, I hate the way I look, I want to change my life and size!
You/We can all do this, we have all lost various amounts of weight, so know it can be done - its just the willpower and determination that keep us on cd.
Its far from easy, but it can be done if you want it.
I hope that it works out for you this time, just think, in 2/3 months, you will look and feel like a different person, people will tell you that too!
Kate
I hope all is well with you, am worried about ya.
Rach
Chick, how ya doin'? Well I hope!
Nya/Caroline
Really dont know what to say apart from where are you guys?
Whats happening?

Have a great remainder of the weekend team, enjoy the sunshine while its there - just remember, if we keep it up on cd, we wont have to cover up and hide our bodies when the real sun comes (hopefully) later on in the year!
Be good team, Dean

Morning everyone

I am sorry I haven't been online since we got home its been one disaster after another and I just haven't been able to concentrate on anything other than my family, so I am afraid I didn't get to log in by 6pm last night to enter our results but since two of us have been pratting about I guess it won't affect us too badly. I'm sorry though.

I haven't got time just now to read through posts in detail sorry- got to get back to the hospital. But I will try to later on and then we're coming back home tomorrow all being well so I will have more time Wed onwards for the site.

Keep going guys. I am getting back on it. Today is day 1 :D wish me well! I need to do this!!

Love to you all xxxx

Ps, sorry again.

Kate & Dee - No need to apologize! we are here to support each other and that wouldn't mean very much if we were all happy and 100% all the time.

Dee- good for you! and your dad! just make sure you are doing this for you and not other people. the thing about the clothes is great and such good motivation. Im so glad i kept some of my smaller clothes because fitting back into them is keeping me going. Ive even started buying some size 14 dresses to keep me motivated.
as for the exercise - yes i do have energy for it but i only push myself as far as i can go. when i started i only did 10minutes on a bike and 10 minutes on the crosstrainer at a moderate speed and built it up from there. I am now doing interval training - you get on any machine and do 1 minute at your normal speed & level and then go up to the hardest you can do for a minute and then drop down again. so a minute normal and a minute hard for 30 minutes. when i do that i can get my heart rate up to 145 and it averages 135 throughout the 30 minutes which is amazing cause i could never get it that high and sustain it for a full half hour before. i feel very light headed when im done and have to sit down for a bit so i wouldn't suggest jumping right into intervals but man, what a work out. I'll be doing interval training 3-4 times a week, along with the weight circuits and then i have 2 different types of yoga classes and my salsasize class so im at the gym 5-6 days a week.
if you are planning to start excersizing regularly i would suggest going up to ss+, you will need the extra calories and the extra protien will help you build some muscle. you find it becomes an addiction and i feel bad now when i don't go.
sorry to bore you all with the gym talk but i just love it! and you asked for it Dee :p
Anni - well done on the meal out!!! i know how you feel about 'boring' food but its great feeling like you can actually control yourself in a restaurant, isn't it? oh, and this is the RIGHT side of 30! Happy Birthday!
Nya - where are you????????????????
Dean - hows it shaken hot stuff?
Kate - hope all is well with your mum and dad and work is gettin better. send me a PM or give me a call and let me know how your ding sweetie!

xx

Evening guys

Well what a bloomin weekend and a half, won't go into details but I'm glad its all over.

I have been thinking a lot today about CD and how much I have been pratting about for the last 2 months pretty much. Well it all ends today- tomorrow will be Day 1 for me. I have managed to maintain and not put any back on which is good, but I am just yoyoing over the same few lbs and I hate it. Plus going into a big city today & seeing all the pretty clothes I'd love to try on but didn't dare probably spurred me on! Plus my SIL to be gave me 5 x pairs of size 18 trousers which is nice of her and all cool, but I wanna use it as incentive to get back on things and not fit in them for too long....size 16 trousers here I come :D that would be great!!

I have porridge, tetra & a bar planned for tomorrow....we travel back down to Cornwall tomorrow night so for the car journey I plan on drinking quite a bit of H2O if I feel peckish, although I doubt I will, I never did, it was only ever in my head!!

I don't wanna let you guys down, cus your all doing so well!

We can all do this. Dee well done to you :) glad I have someone in same boat as me to chat too. The rest of you guys have been fab and so supportive :D

Anni- belated happy birthday honey.

Caz- Hello, long time no speak hope your well.

Nya- where are you?

Dean- missed ya honey, thanks for thinking of me, I will log in more often to keep in better touch with you all now my work hrs are dying down. How you feeling mate?

Rach- thanks babes. Will pm you once home!

Kate xxxxxxx

Hi Team
Kate, hope all is well, so, today 1 for ya', how's it going?
At least you know exactly what to expect whilst being on cd - you know that you can do it - lets hope that this time is the last time that you start again. I know that you have the will and drive to do it, and you have the goal also.
We'll pull eachother along, we'll all get through it!
Rach/Anni/Dee/Caroline/Nya, hope all is well guys - are you all still on target?

I have just come from the doctors (again), I got a small cut on my stomach, size of a 50p, then it swelled up a bit and was like a bloody (as in blood) boil - which burst. Doc says that its now infected and has given me antibiotics.
Bloody great (excuse the pun)
Ahh well, things could be worse I guess!
It dosent affect my cd so should not have any problems!
Have been watching all those weight loss programmes on Sky, you know the stuff done in NZ and Australia - makes you realise that there are alot of people in the same boat - but also, its eye opening when you see what they used to eat, plates and plates of crap - I was never that bad!!!
I find watching those really helps as it shows you exactly what you dont want to be and gives some kind of inspiration to carry on knowing that if we all stick to this, our results will be great and fast!

Off now to cook dinner for Stacey and the kids - find that this helps me too (in some strange and twisted way?!?!?!)

Guys, take care all
Dean

Hi all.......

Group hug necessary here.....:grouphugg:

We ALL have what it takes to succeed, its just timing that gets in the way!

This place is amazing to me and if it weren't for Minimins and you guys, I know i would have struggled big -time. I feel very lucky now that i have managed to reach a place where i am happy on CD, and seeing that it can be done by others just spurs me on even more.

Noone is a failure! Thats just us being way too hard on ourselves, and as team members we are all there to help and share the burden of someones bad day/week etc...

Just tell yourself you can do it! I always dobted that i could - but now i KNOW i can and i look forward to every day knowing im getting smaller. I may be a grumpy cow at times, but on the whole, I am much more positive than i have ever been in a long time. You guys have contributed to that.... :D

Hope everyone is doing well today and positive thoughts for us all.

Dean - hope your bloody yukky bits heal soon :(

Im now off to be weighed.

Toodleoo

anni
xxxxx

Back