***** Team 19 - Fat Guys Slim NEW Official Thread *****

G'day all

Can i ask if the weigh-in chart we post onto is still recording weight loss? It now appears to save on its own as opposed to me saving and closing once i had entered my results! No idea whats going on, just wanted to be sure that when i put in my results after WI, that it can be seen by all.

Anyhoo.....hope everyone is doing well, its been quiet of late and i was just wondering how we are getting on. This is the end of the 3 week challenge. I only made 9lbs! better luck next time Anni ;-(

As always, positive vibes for everyone :vibes:

Im car-less tomorrow, so not able to go galavanting...just hoping the weather is nice enough to take monster-children out to feed the ducks, go to the swing park and then treat them to lunch.

have a wonderful Friday :cool::cool::cool::cool:
xxxx Anni XXX

p.s.... mini celebration as my BMI is now under 40!!!! yipeeeeeeee

Hi Guys
Like Anni, just checking in to see how we are all doing, hate it when its so quiet on here, makes me think that all is not well?
D Day for me tomorrow, really want to lose enough to give me that 5st loss - think its around the 5lbs mark give or take a little!
If I dont make it, just over 3lbs will do as it then takes me from the 20st somethings to 19st something!
Fingers crossed, will know in 12hrs time!
Hope all IS well with everyone.
Let you know in about 13hrs how I got on.
Take care team
Dean

Hey Team
I did it!!!! Lost 6lbs and got into the 19st somethings and also managed to get to the 5st lost figure - am over the moon!!!!!
Hope you all get on ok.
Am now coming into week 12 so have to move up to the 810cals for a week before going back onto ss.
Best of luck guys
Dean

Well done guys, Dean you have done so well.

Sorry not been around much this week but work has still been manic, my colleague is still off sick. But I am re starting today so will be on here as much as possible to keep us guys and myself going.

I will pop back in with results in mo.... xx

Congratulations to this weeks winners:
Mission: SlimPossible (23) with 2.42%

Well done to the weeks biggest loser from Shape Shifters (13):
Count210 with 4.55%

and finally:
images

This week's Wooden Spoon goes to:
Fat Guys Slim (19)

guys
are we all still on cd?
are we still a team?
just really confused at the moment, i know we all have issues, but it seems that at the start, everyone was bang up for this task, then slowly but surely, we stop hearing from people.
guess that i am really pissed off that out of what, 25/26 teams, we finish last!
sorry to be blunt and it may seem harsh, but surely, our health is mega important to all of us, our weight is a major factor, each one of us need to decide if we are going to carry on and shed the excess weight once and forall - no comfort eating - i know i wanna still be with you guys and finish this with you guys, as a team!!!
but on cd, we all have to commit, we hate the way we looked, or we wouldnt have started the journey!
come on guys, lets all get focussed and change our lives!!!
its damn hard, i know, but if we dont, we will still be in the same position this time next year.
i believe we can all do this, but we all have to want it!
sorry again, but i think i had to get it off my chest.

guys
im not digging at anyone, promise, i am just really disappointed with the entry from minz - its gutting!
i really want us as a team to suceed - i know we can!
sorry to be a s**t

Don't feel bad Dean, we all need a kick up the a*se sometimes!
I am very much still in it! still on ss+, still going to the gym and still focused on loosing weight.
Nya hasn't been on in a while and she has not updates her weight record in 2 weeks so maybe its time to cut her loose? Sorry Nya, but with a couple of team members having a hard time sticking to the diet, we need as many active members as we can get!

In other news, i had my first dress fitting today. 1st time ive had the dress on since i bought it 2 sizes too small. and guess what - it has to be taken in! I am sooo chuffed!
Have a look at my profile pics - album is titled 'the dress' and you can see some before and afters!

Evening guys!

Right- I am going to post in advertising section to replace Nya, had her second chance we shall replace to get a new team member.

Dean- I can see where you are coming from but I think you could be a little more sympathetic towards the fact that not everyone can cope in the same way you do, or at least thread a little more carefully. I for one have had a whole host of crap going off in my life the past 2 months, some has been going on for much longer but largely it has come to a head of late and I have been finding it very hard to cope, and yes food has been my allie, and yes I know thats stupid but such is life. I am not going to go into details about whats cracking off on a public forum, but believe me I have had it hit me from all areas, family, financially, work & friends so forgive me if I have had a hard time lately & sticking to a no food diet like SS has been a tad difficult. I would love to be able to log in here and post via my phone so I could be here more often, but my phone won't let me post only view. I have been working largely 13 hr days & start early and finish late, forgive me if when I get home I just want to go to sleep rather than spend an hour online :(

I don't want to sound like I am ranting :sigh: but I just want to stand up for myself, because despite the fact I haven't been on SS properly until yesterdays re-start I only put some weight back on over the last few weeks prior to that I managed to stay the same. I know this team thing is largely about entering our results & being in competition with other people, but its also about support.

I will place the add for a new member & hopefully we will hear more from Dee on a regular basis and myself, but I do know we both lead very busy lives, which I know I did warn you all about when you asked me to be leader :sigh:

Have a good evening all :p

Anni & Rach, hope your well, both doing so well & so proud of you :D

Dee- hope your okay honey too, will facebook you later on :)

Kate x

Hi all ;-)

This is what we need

MASSIVE :grouphugg:

Please don't let the group start sliding
we all need the support.

Hope Nya comes back, but if not, im sure we will welcome the newbie with open arms

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

kate
yeah you are ranting, but i love ya chick!
like i said, i wasnt knocking anyone directly, nya..........
look at me, i was in hospital for 2 weeks and didnt come on here for that time, so i am as much responsible as anyone else.
i guess it did sound unsympathetic, that wasnt my intention - thats why you are our leader and not me, you are better than me at giving people a kick up the ass sympathetically!
i am so desperate for us all to get there in our goal time, i can just see it all sliding.
oh, and for the record, i have had a death in the family, had to go bankrupt due to some a**hole, stacey suffers from panic and anxiety attacks so dosent get out hardly at all, so i do the shopping and take care of bills etc etc etc, been in hospital, had my engine on the cab blow up and finally, i work 14 hrs a day, 6 days a week.
so i do know that we all have issues, i wasnt trying to be unsympathetic, but im a bloke, sometimes things come out wrong - if i offended anyone, im sorry

guys
you lot would be better off without me, so im leaving the team - sorry to drop ya's innit!
the team would be a better unit with 6 ladies anyway.
wanna thank you all for your help, support and laughs.
i wish you all nothing but success and good luck!!!
thanks for everything team.
dean
ps, once again, if i did offend anyone, sorry!!!

WHOA!!!!!
This is getting out of hand!

First of all - Dean - WE WOULD NOT BE BETTER OFF WITHOUT YOU!!!!
Have you ever lived with more than a couple of women? we are a nightmare! We need a bit of testosterone to even things out.
joking aside, you are a really important member of this team and the losing you would be like loosing a limb! you are an inspiration to me, your weight loss has been incredible and i think, if he can do it then so can i!
Please dont leave.
I understand where you are coming from though. I am not going to say this at anyone in particular cause i have my bad days too and i know what its like but.......
when you are in the zone and are working hard and you find that some of your team mates aren't, you do get a bit discouraged. having said that, maybe its different cause you haven't seemed to have any bad days Dean, which is really impressive. I understand where others are coming from cause i have had those days.

I have had times when i felt like i wanted to leave the team, not to leave the people, but to be in a more motivated team. But I haven't been in any other teams so who is to say that they are motivated 100% of the time? they must have bad weeks too.

all i know is that i started this journey with yuo guys and id like to finish it with you too.

maybe we all need to agree to post more, even if its a 2 second 'hi'. just to keep the page active and let the team know we are here. i sometimes check and since nothing new has been posted i dont bother posting but i realize now that i should. and i will.

lets all be more active on here. I know there are time constraints, and we get tired from work but lets all make an effort to just say hi to eachother, keep us all going.

i agree we should post an add for a new member to replace Nya but i refuse to repace Dean!!
You are not alowed to go, i forbid it!!!!!!

Im with Rach

Noone wants anyone to leave, Dean, we need you here.... You cant go swanning off and let another team gobble you up! it wouldnt be right! *flutters eyelashes* please say you are with us.

At the end of the day, we all deal with cr*p going on in our lives, we all have very different ways of dealing with it - but we are here for OURSELVES!!! Our journey is our own, and its support we get from each other. That's what we need.

So, we got the wooden spoon!! I admit i was a bit miffed, then thought, we arent here to 'win' anything or prove anything to anyone. Its all a bit of fun, fun to help us on our way. The last thing we should be doing is thinking of leaving the team. We have come through some trying weeks....and each one of us is slowly making their way out the rough side and will succeed. They will, because they have the drive to do so. There may be many glitches along the way....but i would rather get the wooden spoon every week, knowing that as a team we have encouraged even one of us to go a little further along the road than they thought they could have. That's much more important!

I think all of you guys are great, Kate, you have done a fab job keeping the team going and encourage us all even when you have had a rough time yourself. You havent given up! I know i would have been a rotten leader. But, you motivate us all;););)

Dean - I love logging in every week to see how well you have been doing - and i always comment to DH, 'Dean lost xlbs this week' He is even thinking of considering joining CD in the future! I would miss you if you left, we all would.

Everyone have a good night, think happy thoughts and i hope to feel the love when i next pop along

:vibes:

anni xxxx

I think your right Anni,
we all deal with our stress differently but we are here to learn how not to turn to food and we are here to support each other.

i think Dean was just trying to give us all a kick up the butt, not place blame.

maybe we need something more than just support, I know I do!!!!!!

My wedding is only 9 weeks away and i want to loose 1 1/2 st. - 2 st by then. I dont want to set that as a challenge cause its too far away but i would like to set 2-3 week challenges.
What do you guys think? maybe 7 lb. in the next 2 weeks? or is that too much?
I think we need a bit more challenge in this team. A bit more 'lets do it' sort of attitude. so how about some mini challenges?

Let forget the past, its done, its over, so we lost, big deal!
lets get motivated to show these guys, and ourselves, what we are made of!!!!!!

Mini challenge HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

sorry team, dont wanna leave you rough and ready bunch!
just letting off a bit of man steam!
didnt really wanna leave you lot!
so, kate, rach, anni, dee - sorry folks - just want us all to succeed within our goal dates!

Dean- thanks for your private messages hun, you can stop grovelling now, no worries. Glad it is all out in the open. I know we all have our own issues, I just want us all to be a little bit more sensitive towards one another before running in like a bull in a china shop *Coughs !!Dean!!*

Rach- I love your idea, about the 7lb loss, in what 2 weeks? I can't believe your big day is only 9 weeks away, gosh, how fantastic is that! How are all your plans going? Thanks for your texts yesterday, helped me get through my first day.

I have a new short term (ish) goal- I am going to Spain in 10 weeks & 5 days for a girly weekend :D I would love to be 2 stone lighter, and maybe be able to wear some swimwear confidently :D If I could get into the 13's it'd be fantastic.

I weighed in a 16.13 yesterday so hopefully a big loss in my first week re start and then maybe another 4-5lbs in week 2 would be fab, but we shall see. Dave and I have had long chats today cus he wants to bulk out a little, so we are using these just under 11 weeks to really work on things together- we have exercise planned for this week & talked about how to support one another which will be a big help. Like I said earlier, sometimes I am dying to log in here whilst working to post but my phone won't allow me too, so instead I am going to call Dave & get some support to see me through the tough times :D

I have my shifts for the next month now and they are a lot nicer :D thankfully they have finally employed more staff which entails me to have some bloomin time off- I will be able to spend longer on here cus at the moment all I do is check this post and not a lot else:rolleyes:!! To be honest with you all, I have a job interview next Monday am with another care provider down here, I imagine they have the same issues as my current employer but I really feel I need to get away from my current situation, it is really bringing me down and I feel like if I don't get out I might actually have a breakdown, my confidence is below zero right now with regards to my abilities so I just want out.....anyways, another 6 days before I have to worry about that!!

I am also going to try my wedding dress on on 14th April- according to my ticker 19 days!! Yikes!! So if I can lose 14lbs or so before then it would be a big help!!

I think we should do the 2 weeks 7lb challenge, and then afterwards think of a new challenge to do.....maybe we could even think of a prize to give to the winner?! I have a few ideas but it would entail whoever wins being happy with me having their address to post it to them......

Anyways.....I have facebooked Dee and asked her to log in here and catch up, hopefully she will be able to log in here more often too and crack on with all of us.

I am off to the advertising section now to post for a new member, sorry Nya when you read this, but as you can see from above, we're all wanting to push on....

Kate xxx

Im glad that all sorted!!!! crisis averted (wipes brow, phew!)

So its ON!!! 7lbs in the next 2 weeks!!!! so that 7lbs by 2 saturday WI's from now!
Up for it team??????

and as a side challenge, for whoever wants to join in, lets say 1 1/2 stone by May 25th!. which 9 weeks away, and the date i leave for mexico!

Hurahhh Team 19!!!!
Lets kick some butt!!!

Back