***** Team 19 - Fat Guys Slim NEW Official Thread *****

Side challenge sounds good too hun, good thinking :D Thats 2 challenges if people are up for it....!! I shall arrange a little prize for the first person who reaches the 7lb loss within the 2 weeks :) excluding myself of course- hehe!! ;)

xxx

I am going to start this post by apologising profusely, I have been avoiding this site as I have not been sticking to the diet at all. It was pretty selfish and so I'm going to make a real effort to be a part of this team again.

I really hope you all can too, please all stay! I hope we can all support each other through whatever we are going through and whether we are doing brilliantly or struggling to find our motivation. How does that sound?

Looks to me like we're all going through some ups and downs at the moment, and not wanting to lay all my rubbish on you guys meant that I wasn't hear to listen to what is going on with you, so I am really really sorry!

So let's start again. Kate honey, thanks for dragging me back here, you are such a sweetie. Your holiday sounds great, I haven't been to Spain so am completely jealous :p. Maybe you could buy some holiday clothes a bit early to enspire you? And good luck with your interview - honey you can be anything you want to be, don't let anyone make you feel anyway else. You are fabulous and they will love you.

Dean - glad you are staying! You are doing bloody brilliantly, well done on getting to your 5 stone milestone. And how are you healthwise now? That infection doesn't sound too good, hope it's clearing up. Hey - I think it's about time you amuse us with some more stories from your cab ;), had anyone interesting in lately?

Rach - thanks for all your gym info, it's really great because I've never been an exerciser before (is exerciser even a word??). It's all new to me! I'm definitely looking into getting the bike, and I'm hoping desperately that it really is something that you can't forget how to ride, because I haven't been on one in over 15 years. I'm on 810 (when I'm actually on CD, which hasn't been lately) so I think I should have enough energy for some light exercise, what do you reckon? And hey, great news about that dress, well done chick!

And Anni, how was your birthday babe? You did so well to stick to something really light and healthy when you had a night off. Such an inspiration :D

Well, I have chucked out all the food in my house and have only CD products. Although I have been avoiding my CDC for the last month, I have enough packs for the next week and I have made an appointment to see him on Monday, so NO MORE EXCUSES FROM ME! I have had no real reason to not stick to CD, I just lost all willpower which is really frustrating because I have been on this diet for over a year and never really experienced this before.
I am going to a friends wedding in two weeks and bought a wedding outfit for it this weekend just passed. It's a whole size bigger than I had been buying recently and that thoroughly depressed me because I always said that I wasn't going to go back up in sizes again. Hopefully that is the last straw that gets me back on the wagon.
Having said that I threw a BBQ birthday party for a really good friend on friday and although I did eat some crap I was pretty good (had salad and made the boys cook me quorn on the BBQ!) and managed to avoid alcohol. So I feel like I am kind of scraping back my willpower, I'm at least going in the right direction :rolleyes:..

Anyway, loads of love and good vibes for you all and I promise to come here more often from now on.

Dee xxx

PS, am up for the challenge. 7lb in two weeks? Bring it on!

Hi Dee

Thanks for logging in honey and posting :D we are glad your here and part of the team. Love you being on Team 19!!

You and I are back on this together- if you want any support feel free to facebook me cus I can reply on there via mobile unlike email/forum :D I will need some support too I'm sure!!

Thanks for you kind words too honey- I don't feel like I can do anything right now so your words are very warming to me :hug99:

I'm really glad you back :) missed u. I am so proud of you for not vegging out at the BBQ, well done! Also well done for getting rid of all your food and booking an appt with your CDC me and you are both going next week :) I'm there Monday 6pm!!

xXx

Thanks honey :) you are right, we are in this together! I'm seeing my CDC at the same time as you, 6 on monday! Let's see if we can't both lose a pound or two before then eh? :eek:

Ooh - I forgot to say before, I had a great experience on the weekend. I was looking for this wedding outfit and out of habit I walked into Evans. I couldn't find anything I could wear it was all too big! I loved that so much that I spent about an hour in there looking through all the racks at all the clothes that would have once been too small, and now are too big. That gave me such a lift.
I ended up buying a skirt (not in Evans I am happy to say) and I haven't worn a skirt since high school. I might have to get some opaque tights as I am a little nervous about getting the old legs out, but it's not as scary as I had thought. My family would have a fit if I told them, me wearing a skirt or dress is just something that they have accepted does not happen. Can't wait to send them the pictures afterwards!;)

Me x

hey Dee,
know how you feel. I walked into top shop for the first time in about 3 years and i took a deep breath and picked out some clothes to try on. guess what? they fit! i can fit into a top shop 14 on the top!!!! didnt want to to push my luck and try on the trousers cause i felt sooo good fitting into the 14 top and sun dress but i will brave the bottoms next week.
the only bad thing about it is that the clothes suck. what happened to top shop? just as i loose enough weight to shop there again, the clothes just arent very attractive.

Hi Dee

Yeah that sounds good to me :) I'm there at 6pm too. I hope we both lose more than a lb or two :)

Great news about Evans :) and topshop girls - I went into Musto in Falmouth a few wks ago & managed to fit into a size 2 (so size 14) top felt well chuffed!!

Have a good day all

xxx

Hi guys
Listen to you lot talking clothes/weddings/holidays etc etc etc - wicked!!!!!!!!!
Challenges, Im up for that too - give us that extra bit of motivation!
Had a crap night/day at work today, had a "runner", £70 quid job and he had it on his toes, couldnt leave the cab as was on a busy main road - bloody gutted!
Ah well, we live and learn!
Hope you are all ok guys
Spk later
Dean
PS:Im on 810 this week, finding it hard to eat as not sure what to eat as I dont want to go over! Not a salad person either and have had chicken for the last 3 nights, so thats now been sacked!
Beans on toast? Would that be ok?
Take care team
Dean

I don't think one lot of beans on toast would hurt you this far in honey, enjoy it if you have it.

Sorry to hear about your 'runner' how **** is that!! :( very unfair when people do that kind of thing!!

Let us know how you get on tonight. xx

kate
yeah the runner really p****d me off, he seemed like a decent fella aswell!!
ended up having a toasted ham sarnie in the end, didnt really enjoy it as like the last 3 nights, felt really guilty eating.
i felt crap to be honest, all i could think was, is this gonna cause me to put on weight!!
probably silly, but thats how i felt.
went for a mile walk and did 200 sit ups to try to work it off.
how are you doing today?

Not bad honey thanks, I don't think you should feel bad about eating because remember its all well and good going off food to do SS but sooner or later you have to start eating again and its then that the hard work really starts because you have to deal with any eating issues etc so you don't put all the weight back on. One little ham sarnie won't hurt you at all, especially with exercise as well.

My day has been okay, bit crappy due to work but not bad, ended it with a 3hr walk in the nice weather with my 2 boys which was lovely :D sadly I feel shattered now and face getting into bed before 9pm!! Haha!!

xxx

Sucks about the runner Dean, but i take it you took your rage out on your abs. 200 sit ups? i feel great when i manage 80.

try to enjoy your food. you don't want to go the opposite way and give yourself a complex.

So glad we are all up for the mini challenge. I better up my cardio ;)

Any news on a replacement for Nya?

kate, 3hr walk!!!! gee whizzzzzzzzz, thats like, ages!!!!
well done you!
Hey Rach, i use one of them sit up machines, seems to hit the spot and it dosent hurt my neck or back like conventional sit ups!

Like Kate, Im knackered, gonna try and get my head down for an hour then off to work again at about 11.30 tonight!
Spk soon guys, take care
Dean

I haven't checked the ad section yet, I did post about it yesterday though.

Yeah, 3 hrs, gosh & it was my idea, lol, I must have been having a stupid moment, although I feel better for it just so tired!!

Have a good shift hun xx

Morning everyone!!!

Great posts for reading over the last day or so ;-)

Proper team now - hope we get number 6 soon.

I will post laters all - just wanted to give everyone a hug and say 'we can do it'

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Everyone ;-)

Hope everyone is doing well tonight!

I've been threading about my 810 (old AAMW) which is due next week! My CDC has never mentioned this to me, im not sure if she wants me to continue ss'ing through it. Part of me wants to go up to see if i can still lose as well as enabling me to make better food choices - but im a little scared as i've been depending on this 'no food' thing for so long. Dean, hows it going with yours? Sorry to hear about your runner... b8s6a35ds!

Cant believe i actually made the 3 stone mark this week....i am very chuffed. Only 12 more pounds until i am at the lightest i can remember for a long long time - probably HIGH SCHOOL! It's weird, but i dont really 'feel' i've lost that much and i dont think the loss is a 'wow-factor'. I expected it to look more obvious. Im never happy! hehehe

You guys are all doing fabulously, and its been a great couple of months doing this alongside some really inspirational and supportive people. :):):):)

Im up for the 7lbs fortnight mini....and my own personal one will be the 12 lbs-to-get-to-my-lightest-ever! challenge which i hope to accomplish within the month.

Anyway - time for night shake for little ole me and tonnes of water (im bad at drinking this)

take care one and all
anni
xxxxx
:cool:

Well done Anni on reaching 3 stone!!!!
Im sure others notice the change, even if you don't. everyone keeps telling me how great i look and say im crazy to want to loose another 2 stone, they think i lost enough already, but, like you, i still see myself as just as heavy as i was when i started. I think it will take a while to get used to the slimer self.

Kate - how is day 3 going babes? Im sure you are doing great!!!!! and if your not, no judgments, just support over here so let us know how we can help keep you going:D

Dee & Dean - hope your both fab!

i had a great yoga class tonight and really looking forward to salsa-size tomorrow.

xx

Evening guys!

Well done Anni so proud of you honey :D I bet you so can tell a difference :)

I feel well and truly depressed- I have so far not managed to do a full day of ss'ing :( why can I not get a grip of myself & stick to it cus I know I can do it :( I want to make the difference & lose the weight, seeing your loss Anni really makes me feel sad in a way cus I know I can do it too but I am failing myself *cries* how can I get a grip!? I just find it so hard to say no, I just eat & don't even think about the fact i don't need the food!!

I have 8 days before I see my CDC again as I have changed my meeting to a week on Friday instead of monday. I would love to have lost 7lbs or more by then.....if I can get on it properly from tomorrow!!

Going bed now cus feel crappy!
Night all!
Kate xxx

Hi Guys - wow, so much going on!

Rach and Kate, listen to you two in your size 14s! I am so jealous, can't wait to be there. I don't remember the last time I was that size, but I reckon it was when I was about 14 years old. Oh, I can't wait to fit into something at Topshop, even if the clothes are awful :D

Dean, what a **** about that bloke in your cab! Does that happen often? I can't believe someone did that, how cheeky. It's a pity that you can't lock people in until they give you the money..:rolleyes:

Anni well done! Three stone is loads :)! If you aren't feeling it you should go into your local supermarket and lift up 42lb of potatos. That always helps me when I have trouble visualising what I have lost.

A couple of you were talking about 810 which is what I am on pretty permanantly. There are loads of choices, much more than you might think. And it can be really tasty too. Last night I steamed some brocolli and cauliflower, and grilled some quorn fillets. I made a sauce out of a thai chilli soup (with lots less water than I would have used in it as soup) that I had added loads of 7 Thai Spice powder to make it like a proper Thai curry. It was completely delicious!
Tonight I made a salad out of lettuce and cucmuber, I grilled some quorn again and a couple of mushrooms. I tend to out a little no fat italian dressing on to give it a little bit of flavour, it seems to be ok (although not really allowed, so I'm not endorsing it!). I often have mushrooms baked with cottage cheese on top that has been mixed with herbs or curry powder as well.
Before I started CD I never would have even tried a meat substitute, but now am absolutely addicted to quorn. I love it! I have a George Foreman grill that I cook it on, it's really quick and easy.
Ooh and something else, and I know this is weird but it really works for me. When I prepare all my meals I cut everything up bite-sized and then I eat it with chopsticks. Even salad! I used to inhale my food without really even tasting it but now I find that the chopsticks mean I have to eat much slower and really enjoy my food much more. And I can appreciate when I feel full much sooner because I'm not finished in 2 seconds flat :rolleyes:. My friends think I'm a bit of a freak, but I can handle that, lol.

Well I have made it through my third full day back on CD, and I can feel the effects already. Everything is feeling a bit looser and that is soo motivating to me. Just wish I hadn't buggered around for so long! Oh well, onwards and upwards.

Hope you are all good xxx

Kate - just saw your post, you must have posted it while I was writing mine. Don't give up, you can do it!

To get myself started and back in the habit I had to completely take the pressure off. Somehow thinking of being on this diet for the foreseeable future really freaked me out so I had to break it down. So I started by just having a CD pack for breakfast, that was all. All I was focusing on was the breakfast. Afterwards I was like, right, now all I have to do it get through to lunch. Forget the rest, it's just three hours, I can do that. Just to lunch. And so on, I don't know, it just seems to make it easier for me. Having said that, when I get the cravings I have a cup of tea, at least I am doing something and don't sit there thinking about it. And I am drinking LOADS of tea now!! :D

Partly though, for me, is that I gave up smoking three weeks ago too. It's fine, much easier than I thought, but smoking cravings and food cravings are surprisingly similiar and I have to do SOMETHING to ease them, so I am fully on tea. The caffeine high is interesting, but at least it's not calorific or killing me :rolleyes:.

But back to you, how about trying to break down your day a little into blocks, and just get through each block as you go. And how about trying 810? I never could stick to SS, it's just not for me because I need some food each day. And I like looking forward to my meal at the end of each day, it helps me to stay away at other times knowing that I have something to look forward to.

Whatever you decide, we are all behind you and I just know that you will find your mojo again. Try to think of what made you want to start in the first place and focus on where you want to get to.

We are here for you sweetie xxx

Wise words Dee!

poor Kate - i dont want you feeling bad about how you are getting on. i didnt mean to post my 3 stones in a way to make anyone else feel bad ;-( This diet IS hard! I used to struggle every single day with it in the early weeks. Maybe trying the higher plan like Dee suggested would be best, having food and knowing you are not depriving yourself would make you feel more positive. :girlpower:

I wish i had words of wisdom, but Dee is the best person to help as shes been on the diet longer and knows all the best ways to help you along. Like her im well jealous of you girls fitting into size 14 clothing!!! I have a long long way before i ever get into 'normal-shop' clothing. Im still in the 20's (ah, to be taller!!))

Now looking forward to starting 810, if my CDC suggests its the next step for me - never thought of using my packs as sauces ;);) Dean, have you tried this? Any suggestions on what to eat would be helpful! Minus the mushrooms though yuk!

Thinking about you all every day and hoping you are all in a happy place.... did you read KD's thread about getting to our journeys in our own time, even if we have pit-stops along the way?? was so true and it really does allow us to take the pressure off ourselves.

Hope you girls are getting excited about impending weddings, looking forward to more 'dress-photos' and of course ones of the final day.

happy thursday

anni :silly:
xxxxx

Back