***** Team 19 - Fat Guys Slim NEW Official Thread *****

Hey guys

Dee, hope that alls well! Glad to hear that after such a short time, you can feel the changes already, thats great and will hopefully spur you on!
The runner, well its happened before, and you can keep your foot on the brake which locks the doors - but alot of the time you look at the customer and judge them, he looked like a really decent bloke. When chatting to him, he seemed genuine too!
Just goes to show aye!
Kate,
Maybe everything that has happened recently to you is coming to a head now, it could be out of your control?
You will wake up one morning soon, and just think, "you know what, I dont need this s**t anymore".
Like you, I know that you can do this, you have a great reason to want to lose the weight. With me, it just hit me that I had made excuses for too long and enough was enough!
Mentally it worked - but like many have said before, we are all different and deal with things in different ways.
You will be ok Kate, you can and will get through this, we all will.

Anni, well done you on the 3st, regarding 810, I am having a bad week. I have stuck to it but when I went to see my doc today (he checked out that infection I had) he reminded me that due to my gall bladder not working, any food I eat will make me gain weight. I need it removed but they keep cancelling the op date at the hospital.
So have mailed my cdc as if I was to have put on, it will really knock my confidence, even though it would have been a medical reason as to why!
I await her response. Just cant wait to get back on ss as at the moment, I feel happy there!

Rach, whats happening dude, salsa size???? Posh dirty dancing????
Thats great, bet you burn some cals doing that!
You go girl!!!

All you guys, love being in this team, want us all to succeed together, and know that we will.
Take care
Dean

hey dean ....cr*p news about the diet ;-( But its good you will know the reasoning behind the weight gain, if theres any. Im hoping my CDC tells me not to do 810, and i am happy SS'ing too, i just dont know if im ready for food. Cant i do this forever??? LOLOLOLOL

I've just bought 'My fitness coach' for the Wii... hoping it will kickstart me into getting fitter. Although i've managed to walk a fair bit this week, my ass is killing me though :D But its fun and im going to be walking a a nice brisk pace a few times a week....and then i may venture into taking the wee one to the pool on thursdays (when its quiet) So dreading putting the swimsuit on!

Not much else going on here....im starting to think more and more about food over the past couple of days - not that i've touched it, but im worried im starting to get bored of CD. maybe thats what 12 weeks does for you. It is a long time to be away from normal eating. I took my little girl to debenhams cafe today and bought ther a little kiddie box, she left the WHOLE cheese sandwich! Couldnt believe it....meanwhile i munched on my cd bar and coffee. :eek::eek::eek:

Ah well, no work this weekend for me!!!! Yipeeeee so glad as i can have fun doing some window shopping in Glasgow on saturday. mental note to self ...'the children do not need new clothes, repeat 100 times.....'

have a great night everyone,

any word on Nya or a new gang member??
Hugs Kate, Dean, Dee & Rach
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Guys

Thanks for your words of kindness and wisdom :) they mean a lot to me. Again I have failed myself today- I went on a training course and even though I went with full determination, come lunchtime and the lovely looking buffet I just helped myself. I didn't even feel guilty, although I do now :( I feel **** now!! :(

I am doing two night waking shifts, tonight & tomorrow so I am going to try and get through the night without vegging out too much!! I was trying to think of some big jobs to do to kill some time but I am pretty limited in some ways, I did think of painting the bathroom but I am alone and I guess my boss would advise against it in case I were to hurt myself etc and not be able to help the lady I support. Pretty wise thinking though!! I will try to busy myself in other ways, I do have a book and 2 magazines to keep me going :D

I hope your okay Dean & not feeling to crappy. Hopefully the doctor will help you out and you can carry on your way honey :D

Anni you didn't make me feel bad, it was just me making myself feel bad cus you have done so well for 12 weeks. I have been on CD the same amount of time but have achieved nothing :(

I think I will do what Dee suggested, just try to get through each period of the day :) Its going to be hard anyway working these weird shifts plus I've been invited out to a friends sat pm for chinese and drinks which I wanna do but I am going to try and limit what I drink and eat :) especially if I manage to get on with ss'ing in the meantime!! I will start tomorrow, have my tetra when I feel hungry during the morning, then have my porridge and bar later on in due course. Hopefully that will work & I will be able to get through 24 hrs of ss'ing :D I have 10 weeks and 1 day before I go to Spain. Come on Kate get a grip of yourself!!

Right off to work now thanks for all your support.

Love to you all xxx

Hey folks,
Back from salsa-size and i am totally knackered! it is really good fun though, but i am so uncoordinated.

Kate - are you doing ss or ss+? maybe you are pushing yourself too hard, putting too much pressure on yourself. Dee's suggestion is great but maybe you should start on 810 and work your way down, might be easier for you at this stage.
And don't say that you have achieved nothing because that is just not true. you need to be proud of what you have achieved so far and use it to motivate you to achieve even more!!!!!

I went shopping today and bought a bathing suite for the first time in years. Im still not happy with my thunder thighs but i looked at myself in the changing room and thought - well done you!!!!

Im off tomorrow and will be down at thr gym, working on said thighs!

Hi Guys - I was hoping that slot was still free on your team - would love to join in need of some support at the moment :)

hey guys - didn't realise the waterbabies had already posted back saying I could join them thanks margie xxx

Hi Guys - oh it's so great to see you all here! :) I have just had the most awful couple of days at work, it's been so busy (which isn't a bad thing) but I have also been dealing with a colleague who took something that I did out of context and really personally, and has decided to bad mouth me all over the internet. I shouldn't even rise to it, I can't believe that he was immature enough to do it, but it just really upset me to think that someone dislikes me enough to do that. And I have a really scary meeting tomorrow that I'm completely stressed about, oh I just can't wait until the weekend!!

Anyway, how are you all? Dean honey, I don't really know anything about gallbladders so I hope you are ok. Do you think that you will have put on weight if you just ate a little bit but was on CD for the rest of the week? Even if you have gained, just put it behind you and focus on next week. In the scheme of things if it makes your being on CD one week longer, then it's just one week and then you have your whole life ahead of you right? I know that I'd love to be slim tomorrow and get on with maintenance, but life just doesn't work like that and there are some bumps in the road. Honey, you have done so so well so far and will do again in the future, don't let this knock your confidence ok?

And Kate, sort yourself out Mrs! No really, I don't mean that :eek:, I feel for you because I know so well how you are feeling. Please don't think that you haven't gotten anywhere, because you have done wonderfully, and you will again. I'll give you some advice that really helped me, you don't have to follow it and it definately won't be recommended by CD but it may be what you need. I think you should set Sunday as your Day 1, and don't give yourself a hard time until then. Take the next couple of days to have an acceptable break, have your chinese and make sure you enjoy every minute of it. But then say to yourself that this is it. Come sunday I will be focused.
For me, when I am struggling, I feel so bad about it and that makes me turn to food in turn and then I feel bad about it all over again! It sets me in this downward spiral that I find really hard to get out of it. But then I had this advice from a friend and said to myself right, I am starting this on so-and-so date in the future and between now and then I a going to get this out of my system. I will not go overboard, but whatever I do eat I will not make myself feel guilty about. But I only have to so-and-so date and then that's it.
And then when I get to that date I do the thing where I break down the day into just getting through breakfast on CD, then just getting to lunch on CD etc.. I just find that it takes the emotional attachment out of it and I can get back my positive attitude about being on CD.

You have to find what works for you though, I know you will just don't give up. We are behind you, and still adore you even when you are struggling :p

Rach and Anni - listen to you two talking about swimsuits :eek:! You are far braver than me, well done girls. I love swimming but am too scared to get my bits out in public. Can't wait to hear how you get on :p

Love to you all
Dee xx

Hi , If the place is still going can I join you guys

Hello MsJMC, I am happy for you to join our team if everyone else is as there is still a place going :D PLease, tell us some more about yourself! Also, hopefully someone, maybe Rach will be able to add you to our team spreadsheet.

Just so you know, everyone lets me know there weekly losses, last weeks weight and this weeks weight by 6pm every Saturday evening :) I then work out the stats and enter them officially by sunday pm :) Hope this is okay!!

Dee- thanks for your advice honey. I will do that I think it makes sense otherwise I wont really feel happy eating tomorrow night, I will then rebel and probably eat too much. I have however lost some weight this week which I am happy about despite the fact I have eaten during some days :)

Dee- I have had work issues of late too, totally knocked my confidence within my small team, unsure of who truly likes me when really I feel I haven't done anything wrong in fact I work bloomin hard. So I can sympathise with you, what this bloke has done sounds unfair and immature like you say, try not to let it get to you. How did the meeting go?

Hope your all okay, Dean feeling any better?

xxxxx

Hi everyone , I'm Jackie , and i'm doing SS +
I live in a town Lewis Hamilton still calls home , anyone know , where I am ?
I am more of a poster in the day rather than night , but from time to time I do look on minimins at night time . When do people post more so on here , I will try catch up with you guys by reading some of your threads maybe tomorrow .
I will let you know ,I was on another team but came off as I felt it was not a full team , mainly 4 of us and not 6 .
Anything you feel like asking ask away :)

hi guys
due to what i said in a previous post, am not weighing tomorrow, cdc ok with this!
back on ss as from tomorrow, thank god, had to do a full week on ss+, that finishes today - didnt like that at all!
so, Jackie, another bloody bird!!!!!!!!!!! youll get on well here with this lot, "ive dropped a dress size, totm, buying a new dress, totm, bought a swimsuit, totm, love ironing, totm, just vacumed, totm, dean is a dreamboat, totm etc etc etc"
you guys better have a smile on ya faces, if not, im deep in the s**t!!
Jackie, im more than happy for you to be here, but as in life, the geezer has no say, does he ladies!!!!
hope you lot are all ok - kate, tomorrow is another day chick, things will get better, youll see!

see ya's later, off to work now - kate, my chart will stay the same, but will update in the morning.
bye guys

Hi there Dean
Lol about your post there , huh yes I'm another bird last time I checked lol
I'll tell you a bit more about me , I have 3 kids , 18 , and almost 15 , and 5 year old .
I almost got to Goal nov , but went on holiday and things went not so postive from there , but hoping to get to goal soon and my life not be a diet anymore !!!
I Will Pm my the Team leader my weight results , and that would be good if Rach can add me to the spreadsheet .
How are you guys doing on here ?
I will have to read back on some of your posts on here to get an insight on my 5 Team players !

Ok Just been trying to see whos on the Team and who the leader is , its like the new girl here lol
Hi Kate , Team Leader , I see you do Cardio , how do you find that , I must try and have a go at tonning up , i'll just start off slow and build up , how much exercise do you do Kate ?

chilli chill , Rach , Good reasons for losing weight the amount of people I have heard who do DC become preg , but I have heard it makes you more fertile . When are you getting married ?
Can you tell me Rach about the speadsheet , what do I need to do ?

Dean , you seem very much a team player and i'm sure if I let you guys down i'll get my butt kicked lol . So I see your an essex lad , and a cab driver too , where in essex are you , my OH is from Dagenham .

Hi Anni , I see you have two lovely little girls there and are a working mum too so pretty busy !How are you finding CD , I see you was going on todo LL but the cost put you off , same here , going back 2 years ago I went for a meeting and it was then 66 a week , and my doctor wanted I think 98 to sign the forum , I thought forget it .... But all you get really is the meetings in a group , hey CD have more choices too , also with your CDC and minimins you will do just as well and your 5 Team players .

DeeJay , Hi there I read your an Australian , are you there now ? and where in OZ are you from , my sisters bloke is from brisbane .
Lets show the other Teams whats what :) in a nice way :)
Ps , Don't forget about the clocks this weekend .Don't forget, the clocks move forward 1 hour on Sunday 29th March at 1am

Last edited:
hi guys
jackie, i live in hornchurch, lived in dagenham east for a while, surrey rd, near dagenham redbridge fc!
originally from bow, lived there for 20yrs!
where is the oh from in dagenham?
rest of you guys, how ya getting on, how did you do this week?
sorry no wi for me this week, but in the circumstances, my cdc and mainly me, agreed that its probably best!
hope alls well
spk soon
dean

Afternoon everyone

Jackie- great to have you on board :D please can you confirm your weight last week and this week, I know you have lost 2lbs but I need to know the weights too in order to figure out all our results.

Nice to hear a bit more about you. How much weight have you got to loose before you reach goal? In answer to your question I have only started going jogging outdoors with my OH recently so I dont go very far, I have managed around 2 miles but nothing more and haven't been out for over 2 weeks :( I hope to get out this week though if the weather holds out.

Dean- great news about you getting back on ss babes :D and very funny about girly joke ;)

I have decided to start tomorrow like Dee said and also take it hr by hr so that I don't focus too much on the whole day or week :( I am working a 24 hr shifts as of 9.30am tomorrow morning with a lady who likes to go out and also eat out, so I will try my hardest to stick to things and remember why I am doing it all!!

I would love to be down to 16.2 by next week :)

How are you guys doing?

xXx

Hi Dean

My OH lived in Sterry Road , then moved to sunrise Ave in hornchurch then moved back to Dagenham .
My mates bloke lives in Bow .

Hi Kate

Thanks
My weight last week was a loss of 3
this week a loss of 2 .
To get to goal I am happy if I get to 10 stone , thats 140 pounds .
I almost done that in Nov but went away and yes the food was eat what you like , really didn't put on to much .. but then I got into a habbit of doing it back at home and , then said right i'm going to sort this out again in Jan as Xmas was out of the way , then got sad news about mu mum , cancer and months to live and I could not get back into CD then .
How did you find jogging ? I know you soon warm up no matter how cold it is , but I know now i'd be stopping more than running lol

Welcome jackie! Just a quick hello as im using my mobile and not sure how much text i can write! Glad to have you on board. Yeah im a busy mum of 2 and work almost full time now! Cd been going well for me, its hard but im getting there. Good luck on your journey. Dean, had to smile! I only log on here to hear your dreamboat chat! Hehehe. Catch you all soon. Hope my results are on spreadsheet. Xxx Anni

No I meant your actual weight, as in stones and lbs, eek, I can't work out the results now because I dont have all the info, I am out tonight working and then all day tomorrow like I said so Dean, my main man.....could u be a real mate & work out the scores and enter them to those in the know for me?!?!

I just got back from walking the dog with my work colleague and friend and she updated me on what went off this morning at work with another colleague. I have basically now had it up to here and feel like just handing in my notice. Bring on the chinese tonight!!

xxxx

Hi Jackie,
Welcome on board!!!!!
I'll need your e-mail address to add you to the spread sheet and send it to you. its better if you have a google-mail account since you will need it to get into google documents, which is what the spread sheet is on.

Im getting married May 30th so its crunch time for me now. Really working hard at the gym to shift these flabby bits!

Dean - you are way too funny!!! glad your going back to your comfort zone. As you know, i have been doing ss+ but going to try to have some ss days to help me get to a 7lb loss next week since i was a sts this week :mad:

Kate - Chinese? surely you are taling about an oriental chilli soup pack :p

Hope all are well,
xx- rach

Back