***** Team 19 - Fat Guys Slim NEW Official Thread *****

Hiya, just a quick one cause im on my phone but to answer your question dean- you wont have put on a pound of muscle yet, that takes ages. Exercise can affect you weight because muscles retain water as they build. As you build them up, it should level out but at the start, you can retain water. Also, another interesting fact, your eat cells stick around. My cdc told me that you fat cells can empty of fat but the cell wall can hang on and fill with water so even though you lost the fat, you can still have that cell hanging on for a bit. Ok, thats your facts for the day.

thanks rach, had to read it 3 or 4 times as that was deep, well for me it was!
Thanks though, but because i am slightly slow on the uptake, will I still burn calories by swimming and walking?
Sorry if that sounds divvish!
Anni, well done on the walking, like I have said on your pm, be strong, you will get through this!
Dean

Evening guys!

Dean you will always burn energy and because you intaking less than your expending you will definately keep burning those lbs off :)

I have decided I am going to search for another CDC in my area because my lady isn't that supportive, I hardly hear from here and its dawned on me that that may be part of my problem, if I heard from someone more and knew the support was there more frequently I think I would have 1 more thing to keep on the straight and narrow for :( so I am off to search the CD website for other local counsellors....

Not been a bad day but not great either due to one thing or another, but tomorrow is another day and I am off for most of it so off out with OH in the day for a big walk so long as my body can hack it, after Tuesday horse riding I am still very very achy :( so much so I was nearly in tears earlier :( off to bed now guys!!

Hope you are all well and working hard

xxx

Dean
EXERCISE

Since the Cambridge Diet is so restrictive, exercise should be done cautiously. It is not recommended to start a new strenuous exercise program while on the Cambridge Diet. Moderate exercise like walking or biking is useful once you start to lose weight, providing that it is approached with caution and not done with excess.

Hi Team

Lets hope work picks up dean , I think your body will tell you to stop , listen to the signs , if you over do it you will know about it .
Anni , there is alot of throat infections going about , hope you feel better , and yes with this diet you never know when it will bite , as you feel strong one min and the next your willpower is blown away . It scares me sometimes to think , will I get to goal , sometimes when i read peoples post's saying they did it 100% and got to goal without a prob , I think I wish I was like that . all I can say is keep trying !
Kate , you really need your CDC to be more surrportive , I think you know that sometimes even if you try tell your CDC that you are struggling taht you feel it won't make a difference , so best really to get the phone number Kate in case there are more CDC out there that are not listed on the site .
My CDc is my friend .... she is good , she told me she forgot to bring the new mag around last week , bless her she is a rock !
Who has the mag ? Think they only come out every 3 months .
Hi Rach , some good reading there for Dean , yes you really do have to take it in as Dean is sayting over and over , how are you going ?
Hi Dee , i know you are reading this :) so just saying keep shaking em down lol
Well off to look at all them pics of them fat to skinny's lol

Sorry Dean, not only was it deep reading but i wasn't very careful with the predictive text on my phone, hope you figured it out :)

not got time, on my way out but ill post more tomorrow.

Good luck for WI everyone!!!

Rach, no probs hun!
hope everyone is well and did well this week.
just been for my weigh in, lost 5lbs and another half inch off my waist and am now at 41 and half inches!
really happy with that especially after my 810 week.
am now half inch away from losing 10 inches off my waist.
good luck all, spk soon
dean

well done Dean!!!

Good for you - I cant believe how far you have come in the same space of time as myself. :happy096:

I'm having a rotten time :(:( To stop myself 'cheating' i planned on doing 810. I did this wed, thursday and yesterday. I was so worried that if i didnt taste food i would go mad and eat the fridge!!! lolol However, as im also feeling lousy with my chest infection and i have a huge boil under my armpit, i decided i was only feeling this way due to boredom and feeling sorry for myself,so today it was back to SS. just wish i hadnt felt like this as im sure it will affect my loss now :( thanks for pm Dean x

Anyway, Feeling much more confident now, guess i had to get it out of my system, but did it right as i could have so eaten all the delights my 'supportive' husband brings into the house!! Lets just say, i eat porridge and drink water while he scoffs boxes of cakes and packs of crisps every night! :mad::mad:

So....... im back to being me! I still have such a long way to go, but not going to give in.

Just in from work, so off to make some porridge and a pint of berry sparkling water with ice. *slurp* Then getting kids sorted for a delightful kiddie party tomorrow afternoon, which im sure will be full of yummy buffet food....the ultimate test! CD bar already in the bag.;)

enjoy saturday all.
xxx Anni xxxx

Dean , how good does that feel , 5 big ones , yeahhhh , now you need to say , I'm feeling it , i'm loving it , over and over until wifey says stoppppppppppppp lol
Anni , same here I also have a boil under my Arm too , ouch , its my Left Arm , now don't tell me yours is too lol .
Also my OH sits there eating goodies too , but he did say he would help with losing a stone too , so he said he will do it his way and i'll lose it my way , but yesterday I saw him eat Hotcross buns and nougat, I thought , wow I like that diet . lol!!!! I think he will gain rather than lose lol .
Hard Anni isn't it , one min your strong one min your not , and them days a so hard to keep your eye on the prize !
Stay away from the food table today , I know Anii you will smell all the food and drool , just think of it as a test lol
How is everyone doing ? Wahts everyone's plan of action today ?
I will take Mia Pony riding today , she is 5 , and then shopping , and then to do some Jobs for my mum . That should kill another day on this Diet .
OK Guys keep shaking

Jackie -
you haven't updated your spread sheet for this week. Kate has asked me to do them for her and I have to do them now cause im going out.
Your signature says 177, so ill go with that, hope its right and if so, well done on your 3lb loss!

TOTAL TEAM LOSS FOR THIS WEEK
1.06%

And guess who our biggest looser is????
DEAN!!!!
Well done team, almost all of us managed to loose something this week, lets keep it up!

Hi Rach , ops sorry I did go in there I think Friday but it was set for the saturday , and then i thought thats ok i'll go back and do it saturday , but forgot . Will update later as more time .
Yes thats right 177
Hope everyone is good ?
Dean , wow losser ! lol
Ok kids are off school need to put some time in with them .
check in later

Evening guys!

Rach thanks for last night, I was stuck with work and couldn't get online on my phone as you know :( Well done Dean, you are doing so well.

Well I have nice news --- I have been to meet a new CDC tonight and really liked her :D she seems far more supportive so I am now converted. I am back to see her a week tomorrow 9am - 2 hrs before my visit to try on my wedding dress so if I could be 2 stone lighter than my original weight plus some by then I would be over the moon!!

I have a night out thurs planned and I am off for a spa day sat with my mum with which we get lunch, but as I discussed with my CDC I shall tell you guys that I am not going to drink anything but water and I will try to pick the lowest carb thing on the menu, so hopefully chicken and salad of some sort. No pasta or potatoes or heavy sauces :D:D I should still lose some that way!!

I hope you guys are all doing well. I wanna do this, feel more energised and ready. I have written my exercise plans in my diary for each day for the next few weeks which feels good too.

Love to you all xxx

Hi Team
Kate, well done you, am so happy for ya! You seem so positive, really hope that this new cdc works with ya to help you get to where you want to be!
Its like you are starting all over again but having lost some already!!!!
Keep positive Kate, you'll be fine!
To the rest of you motley crew, I really hope that you are well and on track!
I am desperate to crack 6lbs this week, I know its alot to lose in a week, but I feel that I have to set goals - I know that my body will lose it when it wants to, but thats what I hope for.
I have only been in the 19st somethings for 2 weeks but just wanna lose that 6lbs to get me into the 18st somethings.
Am doing more at swimming every day and am walking at least 2 miles every day - so hopefully, I'll do it!
The main thing is a loss of anysort, but for me, I need a goal to egg me on!
Lets wait and see aye.
Really hope that all is well with you guys.
Spk soon
Dean

Go Dean, Go Dean :D:D:D You can do it honey!

I do feel more positive, had a bad afternoon though and felt like I needed to eat something so after going jogging I have decided to have a chicken salad so I can satisfy the need to eat but do so in a healthy manner :D I hope to get through tomorrow just on SS'ing!!

I am exercising each day- hopefully even if its raining I shall drag myself out there!!

Hope everyone is doing well and staying strong!

Love to you all xxx

Hi Team , Dean you are going for it , great guns , and kate is picking up too , hope everyone eles is doing well , strong mind will take us places ....
(Mike scott) who lost a ton of weight on CD has a great website ice moose

Hi all ;-))

OOOOOOOh, im feeling the love tonight! Everyone is doing great and so motivated!! Good on ya all.

Im feeling much better, all non-sick now and all my cravings have gone away.

I didnt manage the 7lb mini challenge though, but came close enough.

Hope everyone is having a fab night! Got a lot planned this week and weekend, so maybe not able to log on as often.
Take care all
XXXXXXXXXXXX

Evening all.

Anni glad you are well and fighting fit again honey :D

I hope everyone is okay and looking forward to the end of the week :D

I have had a good day today. Went out jogging this morning with Dave and burnt 600 cals :) then I did 30 mins on my wii tonight doing aerobics and burnt a further 300 :D woop woop!! go me!!

I do hope when I step on the scales next tues at my new CDC's that they show a big loss. I have decided not to eat at the spa day I'm going to on sat with my mum and she has decided the same :D she is doing so well on SS. Lost 3 stone so far since jan, putting me to shame!!

So I am only eating tomorrow night and went past the restaurant tonight, looked at menu and going to pick the ceasar salad but ask for no bread or dressings etc, just as plain as possible!! How boring but hey ho!!

Off out again in the morning before my training day to go out on the bike or for a jog, really getting into it and figured if I wanna make a difference for my weekend in spain I need to get on it and properly!!

Love to you all

xxx

:D Morning all!

How are you all?!

I am excited because my parents are coming down today, they are on there way now :D I have the next three days off after my training day today which will also be nice :D especially my spa day on Saturday with my mamma!!! :p

I have just got my lovely porridge cooked for me by OH before work, we went for an early morning bike ride this morning, it was great burnt 500 calories!!! :cool: Woop Woop!!

My exercise plans are as follows for the following few days:- (wanna share so I stick to it)

Fri- jog (am) & dog walking (pm)
Sat- gym and swimming at spa
Sun- jog (am) & dog walking (pm)
Mon- dog walking (pm)
Tues- rest day
Wed- cycling (am before work)
Thurs- jog (am before work)

I do hope when I go for weigh in Tues that I have seen a good loss.

I promised not to get on scales before then, so what I'll do at weekend is get OH to look at the scales for me and work out our team scores, write the message etc and I won't look at anything that may give my weight loss away :D:D

Love to you all

xxx

Back