Team 23 - Mission: SlimPossible

I have an urge to eat at the moment. Am thinking about a meal tonight and back to CD tomorrow. I know it's not really a great idea, but after 4 straight weeks with no cheating at all and losing a whopping 36lb, I don't think it would be THAT bad. It's not like I am giving up. :sigh:

Hope you don't mind my popping in here mat ((hugs))
have a look at your book in the SS+ section.. have a 'meal' out of what is there.. only!! For your own sake ((hugs))
IF you have a normal meal, the likelyhood is you'll kick yourself out of ketosis and the brain is awful sometimes.. soooo many people fall off the wagon because of this - and struggle to get back into ketosis. I'd hate to see it happen to you ((hugs)) You probably won't even notice a difference in your losses if you have one meal from the 'green and white' section of SS+ - I would say to have Quorn rather than meat as it comes up huge when you weigh it!! I can only eat half a serving at the moment! :p And believe me I could have eaten 3 times that amount before.
Remember that your stomach will have shrunk and be prepared for feeling too full after.. ;)

Hey everyone,

Quick check in for the day.

Weigh in was this morning, I have lost 5lbs this week, I am really happy with that loss, I was thinking I hadnt lost hardly anything!

Mat, I have had the need for a meal, and decided with my CDC that once a week or everyother week, I would have a SS+ friendly meal to eat. Maybe that might be an idea for you, as she said to me its all completely emotional but if it gets you through the week 100% then do it!

Thanks for the advice from everyone, it is very much appreciated. With a bit of thinking and the help of someone who is becoming increasingly special to me, I have managed to ignore my urge to eat something I shouldn't. I'm not sure why I was thinking the way I was, but instead I am about to try making a muffin. Wish me luck.

Well done on your 5lb loss aussieraquel, that's excellent. :)

The muffin was a success and I quite enjoyed it. I'm glad to have got through today without doing something I would have regretted tomorrow. Thanks again everyone.

:grouphugg:

Great news Mat!! Well done!! :D

well done matt on resisting temptation!
note to self- try making muffin!
aussie raquel well done too!
I have now to confess that i have jumped on my scales at home - i know its a no-no, but hey, we all do it...
And i have lost 5lb in 5days and thats on 1000 cal, imagine if i had the strength to SS!!!
im struggling im on half term at the mo, and not being at work is making it hard (i find it easier not to think about food when im surrounded by it all the time, :eek:, so hopefully when im back at work it will be easier:rolleyes:.
Yesterday was a hard day, took my DD ice skating (she is 6 and has just got her gold Dance, she is now doing her bronze free style she has been skating since she was 3 and is the youngest to progress at her rink... i dont want me kids to have the same weight problems i have had, so both boys play league football and she ice skates...) i digress, normally have hot chocolate and cake whilst watching her and resisted:)just ate sugar free polos!!lol!
then my hair dresser came and again, normally eat biscuits etc.
i think yesterday i realised how much processed food i eat but dont "count" in my diet - if you know what i mean. i always thought i had a healthy diet but am slowly realising how many bad habits i have developed since stopping CD last summer.
Ate couscous chicken and veg last night which was yummy!!
anyway off to watch DS10 play football,
tc tx

got my details to work, finally!!!
doesnt it frighten you when you see BMI on the screen for all to see!
might motivate me!
ps matt my WI is friday this week, but will probably change when i go back to work, WI will be after 10 days, is that cheating??
ta
x

Last edited:
Evening all!!

Welcome to the team Fiona and Scojos, look forward to getting to know you over the next few weeks! :blahblah:

Well done on the 5lbs aussieraquel - you must be so pleased!! :D

Well done to mat too for resisting the urge to eat! :D

I have eaten this weekend unfortunately, however, it was chicken and salad so hoping it doesn't have much of an effect. I'm not going to beat myself up over it, I'm back on track today and drinking plenty of water.

What a small world Purple Hugs!! :p

It's quiet on here again today, hope everyone's enjoying the remainder of the weekend!

lizzylocket i look forward to knowing you too, do you use the same sigh in on another chat forum?;)
i am proud of myself- dh is going in for an operation tomorrow and we have just gone out to dinner and i avoid all temptation - chicken breast, JP no butter and green salad, yeah me!!!:D
i really wanted something really bad but i avoided temptation
tc
t

Thanks for the advice from everyone, it is very much appreciated. With a bit of thinking and the help of someone who is becoming increasingly special to me, I have managed to ignore my urge to eat something I shouldn't. I'm not sure why I was thinking the way I was, but instead I am about to try making a muffin. Wish me luck.
I'm so pleased you decided not to eat in the end :) and glad you liked the muffin. Toffee and walnut muffin is yummy! x

Hi there!

I've been reading the forums for nearly a week now but this is my first post :)

All the information and stories really helped me in deciding I wanted to give this diet a shot and today is my second day. Anyway I'll stop nattering and get onto why I'm posting in here hehe.

Basically I'm not that keen on being "that" open with a whole forum full of people, so when I found out about teams I thought that was a great way to relate with a small section of people going through the same thing.

Anyway I was wondering if you still had an opening? The fact you have a male in the team was a major factor, don't get me wrong nothing against you ladies but I'm sure it would help being able to talk to a fellow male as well :)

Cheers

Scott

lizzylocket i look forward to knowing you too, do you use the same sigh in on another chat forum?;)
i am proud of myself- dh is going in for an operation tomorrow and we have just gone out to dinner and i avoid all temptation - chicken breast, JP no butter and green salad, yeah me!!!:D
i really wanted something really bad but i avoided temptation
tc
t
Hi Scojos

I don't use this sign on for another forum - there must be two of us!! :D

Hope your hubby is ok and well done for not giving in to too much temptation for your meal. :D

Hi there!

I've been reading the forums for nearly a week now but this is my first post :)

All the information and stories really helped me in deciding I wanted to give this diet a shot and today is my second day. Anyway I'll stop nattering and get onto why I'm posting in here hehe.

Basically I'm not that keen on being "that" open with a whole forum full of people, so when I found out about teams I thought that was a great way to relate with a small section of people going through the same thing.

Anyway I was wondering if you still had an opening? The fact you have a male in the team was a major factor, don't get me wrong nothing against you ladies but I'm sure it would help being able to talk to a fellow male as well :)

Cheers

Scott
Hi Scott

I'm sure Mat will be along shortly to let you know if there's space in the team, will be good to have a mix of people here to chat to! ;)

Hi Lizzy, I didn't mean it to come across quite like that haha. I'm sure it will be nice to speak to you all there just doesn't seem to be too many fellas around these parts :)

Back