Team 23 - Mission: SlimPossible

Hi Lizzy, I didn't mean it to come across quite like that haha. I'm sure it will be nice to speak to you all there just doesn't seem to be too many fellas around these parts :)
Don't worry, I knew what you meant!! ;)

How are you getting on anyway?

Fine thanks!

I've never been a big drinker so yesterday the only trouble I had was getting through 3 litres of water. Felt so bloated half the time. Today though as if by some miracle I cant stop drinking the stuff and nearly finished 4.5 litres allready. Didn't think it would only take a day but my mouth seems gagging for water constantly, starting to get abit of a weird taste too.

I've tried the choc, choc mint, choc orange shakes and a chicken soup so far. The choc orange was pretty terrible, had to chug it down. The mint was ok didnt really taste much different to the choc but the soup was really nice, alot better than I expected.

Hey my son is called scott so welcome! Had a bad day hubbie is home safe but i ended up eating at hospital. Ate best option chicken noodle soup rest was fatty or would set of my allergies so feel guilty now. T c tx

Good choice in name! :p

I wouldn't welcome me yet still need to hear from mat, probably being abit cheeky just talking so much in here till he does :)

Don't want to sound hypocritical giving support considering this is only my second day but so long as you stick with it everyone is human and bound to have difficult moments. I'm sure with your husband being in hospital it's been quite stressful and the fact you havn't caved in should give you confidence! :)

Hey everyone,

Hope everyone had an ok day today, it sure is lovely to see this thread more active.

I have struggled the last couple of days, I am now in week 6, and feeling such a loss of energy....all I want to do is eat, though thankfully, my willpower is strong enough to not splurge out, but not strong enough to pick at OH tea when I was cooking it, mouthful of mash, sausage, etc!

Not sure what it is that is causing this as I found week 5 really easy.....TOTM is still here, four weeks later, maybe that is influencing my cravings.

Lizzie, I remember you stating how you would check with your CDC, thankfully, I was able to book a doctors appointment for this thursday, so I am really hoping I get some answers.

Scojos and Fiona, hope your days were well and you are coping ok with CD and 100%, especially all the water.

Lovely to meet you Scott, I'm sure Mat will check in at some stage tonight and let you know what goes on. well done for getting through so much water! Oh my gosh, for me the trips to the loo would be so frequent after 4.5 litres, that I may as well live in the loo.

Nice to meet you too aussieraquel :)

Thankfully I work from home practically next door to the loo, it's certainly getting some usage haha. I couldn't seem to help but drink that much though, my mouth was just begging for it.

Sorry to hear about your slip, have you checked to see if you are still in ketosis? From what I've read the hunger and energy loss could well be from you coming out of it?

From reading other peoples post the slightest things have taken them out, some people struggle to eat certain bars without being brought out of it.

got my details to work, finally!!!
doesnt it frighten you when you see BMI on the screen for all to see!
might motivate me!
ps matt my WI is friday this week, but will probably change when i go back to work, WI will be after 10 days, is that cheating??
ta
x

Well done getting your details up and a big well done so far with being so good. 5lb so far is excellent, keep it up. Your weigh in will be fine. :)

Last edited:
I'm so pleased you decided not to eat in the end :) and glad you liked the muffin. Toffee and walnut muffin is yummy! x

It was scrumdiddlyumptious!! I actually had two packs to make an uber-muffin. ;) The great thing was that it didn't quite cook on the top in the middle, so it was like it was topped with butter icing!! :D

Hi Scott,

Well done for starting CD and it's great to hear from you. It really is a great place for information and real life experiences of people that have been through it all and others at various stages. It was thanks to Minimins that I am now on CD and over 2.5 stones lighter.

We do still have one place left. So it's yours if you want it!! I also agree that it would be good to have another guy on the team, and have nothing against the girls either. :D

I know what you mean about not wanting to open up to anyone and everyone, I was a little apprehensive at first too. But when you realise how wonderful everyone is, it may change your mind. It's good to be able to open up to others who actually understand what you are going through, as they are going through the same, or have been in the past. But if you don't want to post certain things on the forum, you will be able to send private messages to anyone, once you have posted over 50 messages on the forum. :)

Hey my son is called scott so welcome! Had a bad day hubbie is home safe but i ended up eating at hospital. Ate best option chicken noodle soup rest was fatty or would set of my allergies so feel guilty now. T c tx

Don't feel guilty about it. Under the circumstances you did great. I can't see it making any difference to your excellent progress so far. Stay positive and you'll be fine. :D

Have you still got vacancies for teamies-pleez!

oops-sorry-see your full now.
boo hoo!

Thanks Mat, would love to join the team :) (sorry letmeout, feel bad for getting there just ahead of you :()

For team information my weigh ins are on a thursday, the first one is only a 5 dayer so I'm not banking on a big loss, depends how long it takes for ketosis to kick in I imagine (first pee test tomorrow, fingers crossed!)

Been a weird one tonight, I've allways been good at dealing with hunger, I've gone from morning till 8pm before eating plenty of times (not a good habit I know :(), so the hunger hasn't botherd me. Just had this weird feeling of how nice it would be to just "eat" something, not because I was hungry just actually putting something solid in my mouth haha. Was never tempted just had a brief moment where I thought it would be nice :)

Not to worry poogatch- think I've found another team Enjoy being a Mission Slimpossible Agent
xx

Ah good :D

Good luck with your weight loss!

Sorry, letmeout. Hope you have fun and do well, whichever team you join.

Scott, welcome to the team!! :D Thursday's are fine, same day as me. You may be very surprised at what can happen in 5 days. I know I was.

I know what you mean about the thought of "real" food. It's something that was on my mind too. As you say though, not tempted (until an incident a couple of days ago) and I didn't eat anything, but the thought was there. The porridge and the bars are really helping me, as they are like having normal food.

I posted another photo earlier if anyone wants to take a look. Don't blame me if you don't keep your shake down though!! :D

Well, the pee test went pink so I'm guessing I've hit ketosis, hurdle one complete :D

Got a cracking headache this morning mind.

Wish I could look at the photos Mat but I need 50 posts for that too it seems.

How is everyone doing? Did you manage to get your water sorted by days end Fiona? Hope your first day went well!

Back