Team 23 - Mission: SlimPossible

Hi all

Just popping on quickly between conference calls - I thought Friday's were supposed to be wind down days?!

I weighed myself this morning as my CDC is on holiday and I have miraculously lost 2lbs. Not as much as I'd like but better than the gain I thought I had earlier in the week!!

Scott - sounds like you've been on a bit of a rollercoaster over the last few hours, glad everything sorted itself out though - how was the film anyway! :p

Aussieraquel - hope you're feeling ok today? :hug99:

The film was lovely, even better if you've got someone to share it with (if your a stickler for crying at films I'd definatly bring someone to comfort you haha). Really well done, and incredibly sad! I don't think a woman in the place wasn't crying hehe, was a mass exodus to the toilets after it with all the blokes stood outside waiting, funny to see really.

I'd say its a possibility yeah hehe, depends how old and macho they are :p

Sorry scojos was at my dads hehe, has been abit quiet today :)

Well another day in the saga that is my broken heart!

Not going to get into too much detail but looks like its over, and low and behold it boiled down to my weight (more importantly how it made me look). I just thought after this many dates and everything thats gone on in them and between how can it only now be an issue? Just feel like I've been messed around so much, my head is in pieces (but at the same time I'm releaved its over?)

Dunno what to do with myself now, practically all my spare time for 2 weeks has been about seeing her or talking to her.

oh scott, im so sorry.
may be you can work it out, you dont deserve such rubbish you seem like a genuinely nice block. weight affects not just the way other people see us but also how we perceive ourselves, and may be in a few weeks when you have more self confidence you could try again?
if she only sees the outer you then she is probably not worth thinking about- you are the person inside...
im luck, if have been happily married now for 12 years, but my weight issues have affected our relationship in the past- so i understand where you are coming from.
smile and be happy, let her know yu ll be ready when she is, space and time will either make you realise it is something worth fighting for, or just the opposite.
many hugs mate
tx

Cheers, those are lovely things to say :)

I'm not sure, she is a nice girl and she's allways mainted she likes me as a person but just doesn't "fancy" me. I wouldn't know what to think if after a while and losing my weight she's interested again, it's like saying I wasn't good enough before. She sees the inner me but just that isn't good enough? (I guess that's why it took her a little longer, she liked the inner me enough to see if she could make it work?)

I'm sure I'll be fine :)

im sure you will be fine, really arent we always? just takes time...
sounds like you have come to a sensible mind set. but if it really is nothing to do with your weight, and SHE needs time, then wait. time and space, mate, time and space

Scott sorry to hear about your troubles....I dont really have any good advice as I am now in a 6 yr relationship and its the only proper one I've known - so I dont have a lot of experience in that area. The only thing I can think of is honestly it is better that you know now, and that she worked out her feelings, cos imagine the heartache, if I few months down the track she told you the same thing....a colleague at work has just been through a 6 month relationship where at the end the statement made was 'I love you but i'm not in love with you' - ouch! She did not take it well after the relationship had been going on for so long.

Weighed in this morning, 1.2lbs lost....not a big loss, but 1 inch loss from my waist, so I'm quite happy. And after the week I've had emotionally and with picking and feeling pretty crappy I'm quite happy that there was even a loss at all.

I have decided to SS+ a few meals this week and see how I go, I think this may help me stay focused!

How has everyones days been so far?

Weighed in this morning, 1.2lbs lost....not a big loss, but 1 inch loss from my waist, so I'm quite happy. And after the week I've had emotionally and with picking and feeling pretty crappy I'm quite happy that there was even a loss at all.

I have decided to SS+ a few meals this week and see how I go, I think this may help me stay focused!

How has everyones days been so far?
Well done on the loss :)
If you think SS+ing will help you then there's no harm in giving it a try!

Having a bit of a crappy day today. Feeling really low and can't get myself out of it :( I'm sure I'll be feeling better soon enough though. It just makes me want to eat but luckily I have nothing in the house.

Thanks Scojos, nice to know someone is AAM too.

I was discussing with my CDC today, that I was putting off adding a meal due to feeling guilty for eating, I was a bit concerned about my thoughts, as its not like it is food that is bad for you. But I had convinced myself that eating was just something I should not do......has anyone else had conflicting, crazy thoughts like this.......I am worried that CD is making my attitude towards food not so healthy, and I';m hoping that by adding a meal, I may be able to combat this?!?!

Fiona, sorry to hear you have had a pooey day! That is a similar feeling to how I have been this week. Is there something that you can do to 'switch off' have a bath and listen to some music, watch a movie??

paint your nails;) always works for me.
i have just gone back on CVD after a 6 month break, when i stopped in the summer it was to go AI in turkey, i didnt feel any guilt but when i came back i did- it soon goes, but the little brain "ticks" bad choices and i am aware that i should go easy for the next few days if i have a splurge... maybe thats why i only put on 5lbs in 6 months eating whatever i wanted:D
eat enjoy, get ride of your cravings, go back to ss if you need to after.
as an aside my v good friend lost 11 stone on CD and never one did SS only AAM - so it is easy to lose weight and mentally probably better for you
tx

Back