Team 23 - Mission: SlimPossible

Hi!

I'm getting there thanks, slowly calming down!!

It must be so good knowing that people can see how well you're doing and you haven't got too far until goal - woohoo!! How are you getting on with ss+? Does it make you want to eat or is it enough?

I know, closer and closer to goal, slowly but surely! I am really enjoying ss+ .... loving the food. The eating thing, I am finding that I am completely content, though I think that I am maybe eating too much salad with my protein portion! But at least its too much of salad and not a sweet or anything else!

Have not weighed since my last weigh in with my CDC, my OH wont let me sneak a peek at the scales ..... so I dont know if I have lost anything over the past couple of weeks, I feel good so really to me right now thats all that matters.

Afternoon all! :D
Sorry I have been awol, have had a bit of a pooey week but it's all looking up now :woohoo:
Had a gain after my birthday meal and the scales didn't move for a week (TOTM :mad: sometimes I hate being a woman!!) but have moved a little this week so will weigh on Saturday and hopefully will have a decent loss!
Now I need to have a bit of a catch-up! :)

Evening all!

Scojos - hope the interview went well!

Aussieraquel - so glad you're coping well on ss+, I might look to do that once I'm just a couple of stone from goal. Don't want to be on this so long that I get a fear of eating!

Well done to your OH for keeping the scales hidden, at least you should be in for a nice suprise when you go to see your CDC. You're quite right though, if you feel good about yourself, it doesn't really matter what the scales say!

Fiona - glad you're feeling better, I've been stressing over 2lb losses so it must be really frustrating when the scales don't move at all, no doubt that'll be me at some point in the near future! Fingers crossed for a good result on Saturday!

Well, I've had a much better day today, have had some really good chats with my boss and her boss and am glad to have their support over my vile client, has made me feel so much better!

I have my weigh in tomorrow as my CDC is back from her hols so hoping for a good loss! I do feel thinner and I'm at the stage where my clothes are too big but I don't quite fit into the next size down yet, give it another couple of weeks and I'll be sending these clothes off to the charity shop! :D

Have had a few compliments today so feeling quite upbeat! I'll report back once I've been weighed tomorrow! Anyone else due for a weigh in over the next couple of days??

Hope we hear from Mat too, hope he's continued with his good losses!

Hi all

Just popping on quickly to let you know how I got on today, I've lost another 3lbs this week so that's 31lbs in 9 weeks - really pleased with that!

I have also lost in total 4" from bust 7" from waist and 4" from hips - soo happy with that!!!

Hope everyone is well today and enjoying the glorious sunshine!

firstly the important thing... i got my new job, woohoo!!! big salary increase £10k per year, although im sure the tax man will take most of it plus normal holidays and i finish earlier!! awful interview but the end result was great!
however, because of all the stres s for the last 4 days i havent been dieting at all, not eating properly-if at all- and thats had an affect on my wi -2lb this week, so back to -7 overall, but hey, thats ok, sometimes life gets in the way!
when i have received my blood test results (hopefully monday) if everything is ok i am going to ss...
tc
tx

Yay, CONGRATULATIONS Scojos!!

So pleased for you!! Hope the results are good on Monday too!

Hi guys, back from my trip to see the new mrs today so have been a bit too busy to check in :)

Don't really have time for a catchup today as it's my birthday so been a busy bee!

Will catch up sometime tomorrow!!

Hope everyone is ok :)

Happy Birthday Scott!!

Congrats on the new job Scojos!

Just checking in, I am leaving again for Italy tonight for 13 days! Got all my shakes to take with me and decided with my CDC I will do a mixture of SS+ with the milk and with a meal, depending on what is available.

Loss was not as good as I had hoped and after discussions with CDC could be sure to a few factors - lack of water while away for last week, not being a a routine....so my loss is 2lb for the 2 weeks. 1b a week! :( Sorry guys

I must say I am still happy with how I am going as I am feeling so good lately, looking better healthier, and feeling much better about myself. I found this book called froth on the cappucino(maeve haran), which I have found very interesting as it is a book about all the small pleasures in life. Some of them listed are (I'm literally gonna pick any pages and write whats on them)- buying shoes, throwing coins into a fountain, drinking from your favourite cup, holiday reading, decluttering, giving advice, hot water bottles, being creative.....books goes on.

Really made me realise the things that we take for granted, because of other stresses and pressures we put on ourselves as humans.

It also had this nice idea of listing 3 good things about each day.....thought it might be a nice thing for us to do as a team.

Heres what it said in the book
"We all have an inner voice that critisizes us and undermines us. Often it encourages us to compare our lives with other peoples and feel envious. Other people seem to have better lives, more money, nicer cars. Or subtler they seem to get what they want more, or be calmer or more sorted than we feel ourselves.

The answer, when the envy demon gets his poison claws into you, is to remind yourself that envy only damages one person, you. Instead of feeling envious, list 3 good things that happened today......

All good things break those negative thought patterns".

So....thought this was a lovely thing to do, and whenever I log onto this thread, and everyone else (if youd like to join in) thought it would be nice for us each to list 3 good things from today.

My 3 good things from today are -
* My boyfriend showered me with affection and praise this morning for how good I am looking, was so lovely to hear!
* I cleaned up our cluttered room, 10 bags to the bins later, so much nicer!
* started packing for our trip to Italy tomorrow, confirming flights and accommodation - cant wait to spend some quality time with my boy!

So , well that was a bigger post than I intended , hope to pop back on later tonight

Raquel xox

Haven't had much time to go through things, but the weigh-ins and figures are getting a little confusing (again). I'm putting forward the weeks results to the best of my knowledge.

Evening all!

Raquel, you've still lost while travelling so I'd be pretty happy if that was me - well done!! Have a fantastic break and we'll speak to you when you get back - who knows, you may be at goal by then!! :D

Scott - Happy Birthday!! :birthday: Hope you've had a great day and an amazing time with your new lady! Look forward to hearing all about it! ;)

Raquel, I'm up for the 3 good things of the day, here are mine:
  • Waking up to the sun shining
  • Fitting into a top a size smaller - really was expecting it to be tight!
  • Sitting with a bottle of water while my OH ate his lunch!
Thanks for posting the results Mat - Scott, are you happy to take this on going forward? I'll have a scan through the posts to see if I can find out what needs to happen!

Hope everyone's well and I'll catch up with you all tomorrow!

hi guys, i ve had a awful w end, my bf and her oh have split up, i spent all day saturday with her- i wont go inot details, but it is an very nasty situation...
oh did win£715 on the grand national though!!
i was ill all day yesterday i think i violent reaction to food, im allergic to onions and i ate something sat with onions in it... will teach me to ss!!!
waiting on blood reults, when im better (hopefully tomorrow) im going to try and do ss...
hope you all have a nice day and happy bday scott, even though its late!
tc
tx

Sorry to hear you've had such an awful weekend Scojos, hope you're feeling better today.

Well done on the win though! A new job and a win on the national, just need one more good thing to happen for you - lets hope it's good results for you!

Hey guys, sorry I've been AWOL but it's been crackers recently. Boss is off for 3 weeks for his honeymoon so im being briefed on all his stuff to cover, the new lady friend is taking up alot of my time too especially with the travelling and spur of the moment trips to see her hehe.

I had a great birthday thankyou and a lovely time seeing Lauren. I drove down to her last night on a whim hehe to stay for a few days, just thankfull my work from home job means im mobile and able to do it :)

Had an emergency weigh in yesterday as i wouldnt be around for my usual day again and lost 6 lbs. Was actually exactly a week from my last weigh in which was an early one.

Afraid I don't really have time to catch up just now, but hope you are all well and doing good on the diet!!

Well done on the 6lbs Scott!!

Sounds like you're a very busy bunny at the moment!

Hope everyone else is ok, it's shockingly quiet on here..... :(

I've had a pretty pants day today, found out this morning that my uncle died on Friday, he was only 58 and had a heart attack in his sleep.

It's hit me and my sister really hard as he was really the last link we had to our childhood and was such a lovely man.

I have been so tempted to eat today but have resisted so far, I called my CDC for a bit of support and love her, she's invited me over for a coffee and a hug later. So glad I have her as my CDC!

Anyway, I'm off to take the dog for a long walk and have a good old cry. :wave_cry:

lizzy im so sorry to hear about your uncle.
ive had a pants week too, hence why i have not been around, work are putting alot of pressure on me now they know im leaving, and my kids are at home even though im at work:cry:
bf and her oh have split up after it kicked off on saturday and i have been ill all week - some virus going round at school.
so really not the best. hyave wi tomorrow have not been dieting at all, gasp, so expecting a gain, even though i have been making healthy food choices.
pretty pants all round.
scott well done on yet loss, looks like your the only one having a decent time!;)
still waiting for blood test results, should be available tomorrow- so will talk to cdc and see if i can ss after that - i think i need to remove food from the equation all together to "kick start" my arse into doing something.
I also told 3 of my kids today i wouldnt be there in sept - they cried and i felt like the most evil person ever:cry::cry: i love those girls, they have kept me sane for 2 years, and ill be sad to say goodbye...
anyway enough bad things, lets be positive;)
tx

I'm a bit short on time, but Ijust thought I would update everyone with what's been going on.

I passed my exam last week, which was a relief. Trying to fit another one in ASAP. I've been doing a bit of decorating, which I should finish today. Also been trying to spend as much time as possible with the wonderful lady in my life, but everything else just keep getting in the way!!

I have something to admit too. There was another reason for saying about leaving the team. I had a bit of a problem (which we don't need to go into the details of) and I decided it was a good idea to come off CD for a week. I knew that my losses would be affected and didn't want to let you all down. It affected things far more than I imagined though as I put on 10lbs!! :eek:

Anyway, I am back on SS now, so will see how things go.

Back