Team 23 - Mission: SlimPossible

Hey everyone

Sorry I have not been on much. Still do not have the net hooked up so having to use a net cafe and not had time to come to one! Pity my silly work has this site blocked otherwise I would be able to check in everyday.

Jo - So great that CD is working for you, keep it up! Once you get past the initial 2 weeks you';ll find it a lot easier. In regards to the energy, I find my levels go up and down, not sure why, but I think lack of water has something to do with it for me personally. Right now though, I am managing 3.5litres, 3 shakes and coffee and my levels are right up! Loving it!!!

Welcome to our team Shona! We are a friendly bunch, just here to support each other through this experience, we all know that there are some tougher times and it is so lovely to know when all we want to do is eat we can hop on here and get the support we need so we dont, and if we do eat - the reassurance that we will be ok and to get back on track!

On the shakes thing, I am loving them at the moment! Sorry you are not a fan Scojos! I love cappucino at the moment and for the past nearly 2 months thats the only flavour I have been having, so yes on SS thats 21 cappucino shakes a week!! haha, sometimes with an extra scoop on instant coffee too!! MMmmmmm....!! :)

Good luck with your weigh ins everyone, I may not get a chance to pop in again until Saturday morning.....I have my weigh in on Saturday. I must say I feel so good physically and emotionally that I will not be too fussed if my loss isn't huge. I am just happy that I have had enough energy to go to the gym, and are for some strange reason, not tempted to pick at the moment, at all!!!!

I have a proud moment for this week I thought I'd share, and would love to hear other peoples when you have them -
I came home from work to find my boy had a couple of mates over, they were discussing what they were going to do for tea and I offered to cook. I went to sainsburys - got them nibblies, (my fave foods but I didnt touch them! I think it was the act of buying them that I had to do :)) and cooked them a lovely dinner, one of my specialties, and did not even lick my fingers or taste whilst cooking! For me thats quite an acheivement. And I'm a bit happy to say I have been 'pick free' since saturday!!! Thats an achievement for me if you know my recent activities with cd.

Anyways, off to check out some other threads

3 good things for today
1/ I was able to jog/walk 2 miles without any difficulties tonight (and burned 220 calories too)
2/ I got emails from mum and one of my good friends from home, made the day so much brighter!
3/ I have now bought a travel mug and are really enjoying my morning coffee on the overland to work :)

By the way Jo, I am loving my new flat, thanks for asking!

Have a lovely rest of the week, talk to everyone Saturday!

morning all, i was so close to giving up yesterday.:wave_cry:
i found day 2 so much harder than the 1st day. if it wasn't for my husband telling me "you can do it, don't give up!" every 5 seconds i would have just given up. I'm finding it much harder second time round.:confused:

but today is a new day and I'm feeling much better:p I'm in ketosis, so I'm hoping it gets easier from here on. headache has gone too! and iv got to say generally iv never felt better.

yesterday i was thinking to much about the bank holiday, and how we normally have a BBQ and go out for meals.
this diet has really made me think about how much my life revolves around food.:cry:but has my husband keeps saying, food will still be there when you get to where you want to be. (its true i suppose lol:D)
I'm planning to SS for 9 weeks and then work my way up the steps in time for my holiday.:cool:

last time i was on CD i SS for 4 months cheating on the odd occasion and some how managed to loss 3st ish (might have been abit more) but went strait from SS to eating like a pig lol and couldn't stop being sick and it sort of ruined the holiday.

scojos, i might give the porridge a go, does it taste like porridge or is it quite watery? I'm not keen on the cartons although iv not tried strawberry which i might like caus i only have strawberry shakes anyway. good luck for your WI tomorrow.

Lizzy iv tried adding more water to the shakes and they are easier to drink thank god! iv only tried one of the bars last time and i remember it being really chewy, are they all like that?

wow rainbow, thats fantastic SS whiles on a weekend away, you should be proud of yourself!;)

thanks for the warm welcome Raquel, just reading your post has given me so much inspiration. good luck for your WI on Saturday.

so how far is everyone with there CD journey? and is everyone SS or are some on one of the other steps?

have a fab day everyone x

hey everyone :)
Following my buzzing around yesterday I 've been a bit down with the energy today.....but got on with it. Its weird how one day your up there then the next your running on bare minimum. I think i need to keep glugging the water it always seems to make me feel better. I'm not craving things as much now and have developed a weird obbsession with preparing food for my OH and little one . I'm enjoying experimenting with the cooking which is sooo out of character for me......maybe thats my way of satisfying my food cravings lol
The weathers been a bit grim today i always find it better when i get out and get some fresh air......I live out in the sticks so other than getting in the car to go shopping theres not too too much to do ( roll on summer !!!)
Anyway hope everyone elses day has been good. Dont give up angel you'll probably remember the first week being really hard when you last did it. xxxxxxx

Last edited:
Evening all!

Good to see the thread getting a bit busier again!

Glad the shakes were a bit better Angel, yes the bars are really chewy but I need to have the variety, would go insane on just the shakes!!

I'm a bit like you Jo apart from I don't cook my OH's meals, I just smell them!! I'm also obsessed with cookery programmes and keep seeing things that I can't wait to cook when I get to goal! This diet does really odd things to you doesn't it?!

I have my weigh in tomorrow, really hoping for 4lbs to take me to 3 stone - fingers crossed!

hey all, just a quick note to wish you luck on your weigh in Lizzy.........nearly 3 stone is fab. I'll check back later after work to see how you've done (fingers crossed eh)
XX

Thanks Jo!!

Well, I'm delighted to say that I did it!!!! 3 stone gone, it's taken 13 weeks but I'm really happy with that! I have also lost 6" from bust, 8.5" from waist and 5.5" from hips - 20 inches in total - woohooo!!

Hope everyone else is well today and good luck to those weighing in this weekend!

;)hello all...
well, did wi after 2 weeks off (and a few unwise choices;), i have put on 1lb, which im really pleased with, shows i can be reasonable when not regimented:D
had ok from cdc to start again (yes, more back issues) so starting on 810. dont think i have the courage to go straight in on ss- -she is going to new york, so i dont wi officially until 21st ie 3 weeks!
so nearly £120 worth of cd is a good motivator!:sigh:
so, going to give it my best these 3 weeks, weighed in at 13 4, so hoping for 12.4 in 3 weeks. i should add that my birthday is the 28th, and when i started again i wanted to be 12 5 (my lowest weight) for my bday- it will be a great present.
sorry to ramble - i think ill be doing alot of rambling to get my through the next 21 days!
so gone ben and jerry and on with this journey:eek:
thanks for reading my rant
tx
ps the porridge is ok, but still a bit "chemical" i have also brought some mix a mousse, so i can try angel delight and some savoury shakes, which i never do, so i can make some "pate"... i need variety!

Hey everyone,

Checking in for the morning.

Firstly, congrats Lizzie! 3 stone loss is amazing!!!!!!!! Well done!!! :):):):)

My loss this week, on cdc scales this time was 1.54lbs - another .7 of a kg. Making my loss the past two weeks 2.2kg (4.84lbs) and 3 inches from my waist (thats just crazy!)

My CDC has decided now to put me on SS+ (add a meal) for possibly the next two weeks as a part of maintenance.....so now the hard work begins! I think I will def. need the support on here now I am going back to food again.

Scojos, £120 has gotta be inspiration!! haha....golly gosh, its amazing how much we spend on this, but think if it is your sole source, or close to, of food, thats now too bad for 3 weeks really!

Hope everyone else has a lovely weekend, I'm hoping to get the net for our house today, fingers crossed!

hey everyone :)
Following my buzzing around yesterday I 've been a bit down with the energy today.....but got on with it. Its weird how one day your up there then the next your running on bare minimum. I think i need to keep glugging the water it always seems to make me feel better. I'm not craving things as much now and have developed a weird obbsession with preparing food for my OH and little one . I'm enjoying experimenting with the cooking which is sooo out of character for me......maybe thats my way of satisfying my food cravings lol
The weathers been a bit grim today i always find it better when i get out and get some fresh air......I live out in the sticks so other than getting in the car to go shopping theres not too too much to do ( roll on summer !!!)
Anyway hope everyone elses day has been good. Dont give up angel you'll probably remember the first week being really hard when you last did it. xxxxxxx
Jo I think water is def. a helper when you are feeling a bit lethargic! I too have up and down days. The start of the week I was bounding with energy, last night I felt I could barely put one foot infront of the other! haha.

hello everyone, hope we are all doing well. its day 2 for me and iv still got a really bad headache. just had my 1st shake. the shakes are the worst part of the diet for me, i dread haveing them. they make me feel sick, i dont know why? i wish they did they cd in the form of a pill it would make it so much easyer for me. lol

How are the headaches? Feeling better yet?

hi guys, have spent a busy day gardening, alot of money lighter but my front garden now looks beautiful:p we have raised the bed by the front door and put loads of flowers in it - it looked a right mess before, only had 1 shake all day, not been hungry :D
sitting with a coke zero waiting for my chicken to cookk!
i made butterscotch angel delight with my mix a mousse last night which was a deff 10/10, just made chocolate pudding for after chicken tonight, will feed back later;)
am drained but happy, going to watch tv for a while and relax, im abit sore if the truth be told!
tx

morning, choc pudding was ok, didnt add enough mix a mousse so a bit runny but better than shake form ;)
100% yesterday, kids had chips for tea, which is my major evil, and then dh had cheesecake for pudding :cool: and i didnt flinch, i am so proud of myself. our life revolves around food, we are major foodies, dh is a head chef, im a food teacher, school will be harder as kids want you to taste stuff they make... im going to be strong have until the 21st to impress!!
tc have a great sunday
tx

morning guys, 100% again yesterday!! i am so proud of myself:p, i know its only day 3 but i would normally have started cheating by now- i have substituted a low fat yogurt for milk (i have lactose issues and cant drink milk, yet can eat yogurt and cheese, i am a very wierd person!) and am enjoying experimenting with the mix a mousse, made vanilla cheesecake lastnight which was yummy, but i preferred the butterscotch!
anyway, where are you all hiding, i feel like im talking to myself!:rolleyes:

hi everyone,

I've had my second weigh in yesterday and i've lost another 5lbs Yippeeee....a stone in 2 weeks its crazy. Well done lizzy for getting those 3 stones off too, you must be really happy and Scojo you should be proud of yourself sticking to this its not the easiest thing. Me and my hubb have realised that most of our time together revolves around food. On a friday night we always made something nice and would watch a good film, if we go out it would involve a meal at some point or if we were just generally kicking back together there would be some kind of 'treat' involved. Its only now that i've cut these out that we're like wow everything we do together just about involved food lol . Guess thats why i've put so much weight on : ) My hubs loves his food yet his weight rarely changes and at 6'1 any weight he does have holds really well (grrrrrrr) I think i put the weight on for both of us!!!
Hows it going Angel???? everything ok???
Hope you guys are all having a good bank holiday
love jo xxxxxxx

:break_diet: i come holding my head in shame, after 3 perfect 100% days i haveblown in completely this may bank holiday monday. we went out for lunch i did not make wise choices and i am not going to beat myself up about it!
i am very full- doubt i will need anything to eat tonight, so the 3 shakes for today just converted into a (bad) main meal. i resisited dessert, told the kids i refused to spend £15 on pudding, so i took them to the tesco express and bought them what they wanted! 3 magnums later - its cheaper than £15 and i wasnt tempted!
ok, so im cheap but it worked for us, lol!!
i had great fun shopping on line last night, not! its again easier to resist temptation on the screen than when you have cake in front of you!
i have bought just a few kit kats for lunch boxes,nothing compared with normal :D:D- my kids eat very well its me and dh that snack on junk.
(as a small aside dh weighed himself today and he is 6lb heavier than me, its the first time i have been lighter than him since we met 15 years ago!!
he is now on a health kick - we have been simming with kids and we are both dead, the kids are still hyper!!!
hopefully this will motivate him to support me (he ll never do cd, he doesnt approve, but at least hell be snacking on healthy things!
txx

lift your head up Scojo and draw a line under it . Its ok hun bank holidays/ family /spare time etc bad combination .....pick yourself up and carry on your going.....besides its great being lighter than your other half ; )
You'll do fab hun : ) and if we have bad days thats what we are here for to pass on that virtual hug lol
The bank holiday is almost over : ( back to work tommorow. xxxxxx

Hi Guys

Sorry I've not been around this weekend, had a pretty manic few days!

Scojos, firstly, well done for doing 3 days 100%, it really is difficult but now you know you can do it. Forget about today, just get back on it and get glugging that water.

I really struggle at weekends and have had to make myself busy sorting out my wardrobe today - have put loads on e-bay, it's really scary that I had so many clothes in a variety of sizes that I've never worn!

Rainbow - huge congrats on the 5lbs this week!! You must be so proud of yourself!

I think this diet really makes us realise how much our lives revolve around food, we spent a lot of the weekend with friends and most decisions revolved around what they were all going to eat. It's really quite scary isn't it?!

Anyway, I'm off for a bath and a night with Gene Hunt.

Catch up tomorrow xx

hey everyone hows it going today?? Today has been ok diet wise I tried the spicy tomato soup for the first time and although it was ok was not really my thing ......i couldn't even get the oriental chilli down the other day that was awfull . I 'm just missing something savory tasting.
I came clean to my mum what diet I was on also today and not really sure she approved and most comments i seem to be getting about it seem to be negative. It really annoys me when people are negative about trying to do something positive for yourself. My sister has already wrote me off with this diet saying that i'll probably not stick to it anyway oh and that i've always been chubby (the cheek lol). So today i feel more competitive than ever and more determined to succeed to partly prove them all wrong (is that bad? ) of course I'm doing it for me too but thats just a bonus : )

hope you guys are having a good day. take care : )

good evening!
3l of water- done.
100% done
extra exercise - done!
tlc (ok i have bought some lovely body lotion for dry legs) done! :D

had shake for bfast, bar for lunch, chicken salad and yogurt for tea, jogged (ok, i walked a bit!!) for a mile, and then had chocolate pudding, so i am happy bunny:D:D:D

on a excercise high, feel brilliant today, i know i will crash and burn tomorrow after yesterday excess, but ill get through it.
tomorrow will be hard, kids are making lemon swiss roll which is my fav thing in the WHOLE WORLD... must be good:rolleyes:
i have decided to do the race for life so jogging/ walking until 20th june to get me ready, are you all proud of me??
still have 2 dresses i can t fit in, so have 12 weeks to go!
ok, im rambling but im happy today;)
rainbow - ignore negative people, people who love you will support you and others? well you dont need them. my old boss used to say "your either part of the solution, or part of the problem" very apt here i think.
lizzy - your right our lives do revolve around food, im a "feeder" i must find other ways to show my kids i love them, ds 9 has been jogging with me tonight, that was nice quality time, and dd 6 and i did her hair, so that was lovely too...
hope you have all had a nice day too
tx

Back