Team 27 - Weight to go team- The CD Returners

Hey all, well done on your losses.
I know I was craving to go back to work and I do love it when I am at work but the organisation at home is reaching military proportions. I know we will find an even keel eventually but the days I work the routines are all over the place. DD is loving school, thank goodness and baby has settled better at nursery but still cries when I drop her off to add to the guilt but at least she is only there for 3 days. Diet is going well, eating more this week in the evening meal and loving salads for lunch which dh prepares for us both. He is off at the market today to stock up on fresh fruit & veg, managing to drink water when at work but sticking to tea at home.

MsJMC, really you can have my place, I am not on the team as my results are not cd so are not entered anymore, I just stay on the board for a chat. Hope you are keeping that walking up, it is a great exercise but the kerbs here are a nightmare for the pram, still I walk dd to & from school on Mon & Tues so it is better than nothing.

Trisha, how is the term going? It is amazing how quickly you get going again as though they wasn't a break, it is just motivating the kids who seem permanently on holiday mode. I hate application forms, they've gone online now so it is easier to just save & update. Are you doing yours by hand?

Minivix, families can be so hard, the old adage on choosing your friends not your family rings so true. I have no relationship with my mum after her bitter divorce from my dad, saw her at my nan's funeral about 15 months ago and my sister and I had an argument with her and my aunt (her sister) at the graveside which was deeply upsetting but unavoidable. We haven't spoken since but she sends cheques to my girls and I bank them in their trust fund. My dad's new partner is lovely, we aren't close but we do get on but he says he would never marry again, although they are engaged and live together in her home. My Mil died 4 years ago so my dd calls dad's partner nanna as she is the closest she has & only one she knows. I am not in touch with any of my mum's side of the family and it is fine, we only used to meet up at christmas anyway.

morning everyone,

wez, it's hard getting back into routine, especially when there has been a change like dd starting school and baby at nursery, but you'll soon get there. where did you hear about the Scarsdale diet? I haven't seen anything about it for years.

As fort the jobs, 2 of them want hand written application forms, the other 2 I can do on line, Went looking where one of the schools is yesterday, as its not in my LEA, and is about a 35-45 minute drive away depending on traffic, I am going to ask a TA at school if she knows much about it, as she lives in the LEA that the school is in. One of the jobs I'm not going to bother with, after reading the job spec the hours are different to those advertised, the advert said up to 37 hours but the job spec they vary according to demand, and could be as little as 10 which is no use to me -.

Minivix, yes families can be hard and what Wez said about family/friends is so true. A friend of mine used to have a plaque on her wall that read "God gave us our relations -thank God we can choose our friends". I come from a large family, next to the youngest of 7- but we arn't really close, most of them live in other parts of the country/world and we don't really keep in touch except for cards for birthdays/christmas and family do's such as weddings and special birthdays, everyone is busy with their own families in their time off.

Jackie, keep up the walking its great exercise, I love walking, and would rather walk than drive, when possible. Going out for the day shortly with dd last chance before she's off to uni.

Good luck with your applications Trisha, it must be horrible being unhappy at work. I was at my last school for only 2 terms when there was a change of head in the middle, she was a true control freak and I was checking the vacancies after the 1st week of her starting.
When is dd off for uni? How are you feeling about it? At least technology now makes it so much easier to stay in touch.
Scarsdale was mentioned in a diet mag, apparently Gaynor Faye did it before her stint on stage in Calendar Girls. The 6 week plan
was laid out in it but based on it, dh and I have followed it really well and makes food shopping easier with all meals laid out.

PTA have organised a Ball for later this month and I have been searching for dresses. I've found The One on ebay, it ends this evening and I have been into Jones today to try on the matching shoes I saw on their website, they are perfect, so just need to win my dress....
I'll let you know.

Team results:
Minivix 1.66%
Trisha 0.35%
Sorry MsJMC, I didn't know your last wi so couldn't enter you this week.
Needed 3 to enter so no team entry this week.

I'VE WON THE DRESS!! Just hope it fits now!

Attachments

• front.jpg
    front.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 28
  • back.jpg
    back.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 29
  • closeup.jpg
    closeup.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 32
wow Wez the dress is beautiful, I'm sure it will fit and you will look amazing!!

The trouble with school is our senco - she is a control freak as well, we have to document every minute, she is always coming in the staff room in the morning or at the end of lunch, looking at her watch and says "has the bell not gone"? and if she sees us out of class asks "what are you doing where should you be"? the fact that we are often doing a job for the teacher or on our lunch break (when we're on lunch duty we take our either before or after the rest of the school) doesn't seem to matter - aarrgghhh thinking about it makes me want to scream !!! :mad:

dd is off to uni on Saturday, we're taking her up, I'm really going to miss her she is such good company :cry: still we've got a web cam on the main comp and she's got one on her lap top, just have to set it up and learn how to use it, as I never bother usually I leave it to dd. We are going to go up to see her at half term, as its really close to her birthday, then a month later she's going to come home for the weekend as its my and dh birthday (a week apart, she'll come the weekend in between) and also her best friends who is having a year out, as she changed her mind about uni course and left it too late to change.

Wez: Pretty dress, great colour for a ball too (think: spillages!).

Trisha: I totally sympathise with your situation, the 'power' of being a senco has quite clearly gone to her head. These things always have a funny way of working out, I find that the best thing to do in these situations is to smile sweetly and say nothing. Try throwing her the odd compliment every now and again (not enough to make you look like a suck-up, just enough to show that you are a caring, responsible human being of course), it tends to work wonders or, at the very least, should keep her off your back for a while. Remember, she's a bad manager, you're not a bad TA!

Absolutely ravenous today, nearly ate a bar of choc. Still tempted to lick it till it's gone (does it really count if you don't actually chew it? Only joking). TOTM next week so that probably explains the hunger pangs. Still SSing but have had 4 cups of tea with a splash (lit) of milk since Sat night to keep me going. Have just ordered SS for next week, didn't order the fail-safe extra sachet this week, wondering if this is a mistake, was using the extra as a Fri night treat. Maybe it's time to move up to SS+...

Trisha, it sounds a complete nightmare at work, after all you are all professionally carrying out your duties so don't need checking up on. Some people are beyond help and at best ignored; but when it affects your work and the atmosphere then she needs telling by her line manager.
DD is off this weekend, I guess you have to be the strong one when she'll be going through mixed emotions as time is getting closer. It must help that you have set up dates to see each other. Good luck with the webcam, if you have any good advice once it is set up please let me know. My laptop has one, the girls love it to view themselves but it would be great to have live outside contact but don't really know where to start.

Well done Minivix on avoiding the bar. It is a tough one about going up the plans, when I added a meal I just nibbled even more, it must depend on how you believe you'll be able to handle it. It was a case of opening the floodgates for me. But avoiding eating a chocolate bar is a major achievement in itself so give it a go and try going up the plans, you can always return to ss. Your losses have been fab so you could have a smaller loss without it being a huge setback.

My loss was 1lb this week, tbh this is fine as I eat loads so a loss is great. The diet advertises lose a stone in 6 weeks, well that isn't going to happen but if it drips off to the end of term (Christmas!!) then I'll be pleased with a continous stream of small losses.
Dh had my keys in his car today so felt stuck at home today. Meant to have a mechanic out to fit remote locking to my car but postponed till tomorrow. Managed to squeeze dd in for a fringe cut at a 4:45 appointment in the village, trouble was that is baby's tea time so moved that to half four and she was having none of it so took her screaming there. I was glad to be home. DD stayed till 1 today and loved having her lunch at school, she is filled with excitement and skips to school, hope that lasts!

Well finally got my car back today!!! its only taken them 9 weeks to repair it. Had to go and pick it up myself or else it would have been tomorrow at the earlist, luckily dd was at home so she came with me to drive ours back form the garage we then went and dropped hire car off.

Most times at work I can ignore senco and let her comments go over my head, and as I normally keep out of her way, and get on with my job - it works okay, but its all the TA's she's been getting at, and she seems to be getting worse, one of them overheard her say to her sidekick that we all need kicking into shape - charming ! because one of the TA's is always late etc she has a go at everyone, instead of just speaking to the one person concerned.

well done minivix on resisting the chocolate, like Wez it was when I went up the plans that the picking started, think I need to go back to ss, but will leave it until after dd goes at weekend.

Wez I remember the scarsdale saying you could lose up to 1 stone in 2 weeks, must have changed it from when I did it years ago. Still your 1 lb loss is very good seeing its your first week or so back on food. glad dd is enjoying school I'm sure it will last. I remember when mine started school, she loved it, and couldn't wait to go everyday, think it might be a girl thing, my friends son who started the same day had, had enough after 1 week and said that he'd done with school and wanted to stay home.

just catching up on the threads , Wez lovely dress , I got some stuff on Ebay the other day some wall stickers , its of a street lamp with cats at the bootom of it , as my house is being all done .
Also I got another one these pink flowers , going to paint the wall black on one small wall then take these off the sheet and put them on .
Soemtimes when people get high up it goes to their head they lose their humour , don't worry , as minivix said , say something nice to them make them think .
I'm not too good on CD to be honest , going to have to sit myself down and give myself a good talking too .
hows all

Jackie I'm struggling at the moment, have a couple of goodish days followed by a couple of picking days, but there is so much going on at the moment, once dd is at uni, I'm hoping to find it easier as there wouldn't be as much food on the house for me to pick dh won't mind not having crackers and biscuits etc in the house. I've changed wi day to this week as there is lots to do, getting dh ready for uni, places to go, people to say bye to etc,.

Wez how is the scarsdale going?
mimvix you put me to shame you are doing so well!

Last edited:
Trisha, I've been terrible this week! Definitely not in ketosis today so moving up to SS+ this week to try to get back on plan.

Was on 3 CD per day but, have been having milk in tea all week cos so fed up with black coffee. Yesterday I cheated like mad:
Breakfast went well, shake as per usual, then things went downhill. Walked DD to nursery in the pouring rain, then went to hairdressers - total 45 mins in a storm. With no coat. Stupid. 'Was so cold I accepted the complimentary cuppa, forgot to say 'no biscuits' and it arrived with a side order of my *fav* orange double choc chip cookies. Managed to resist the cookies for 20 mins then scoffed one. Was quite enjoying having some 'me' time so asked for full-head of highlights instead of half-head. By the time my hair was done, I'd had 2 white cuppas and had eaten 4 yummy scrummy cookies.

This would have been fine had I not forgotten I had class all afternoon (NVQ/2 childcare) and had no time to get home for lunch. Went to class, had another tea with milk. A friend on the course invited me back afterwards for a quick chat - more white tea and TWO more biscuits (it was 5pm by this time, I was ravenous).

Went home, cooked DH & DD's dinner, scoffed two meatballs and a mouthful of spaghetti. Didn't tell DH but, did admit to the biscuits. Then had CD shake which was a stupid idea as should have had *hot* soup so, had soup as well.

Went to work, got home 11pm. All the Christmas chocs are in-store and the rep had been in doing a promo so I spent the whole shift thinking about choc. Got home and ate 50g milk choc (DH was already fast asleep in bed). Felt sick but, kind of glad I'd eaten it.

Admitted everything to CDC this morning at weigh-in, except the choc (seem irrelevant by the time I'd mentioned the biscuits and milk). She was lovely about it, I'm so lucky to have found her she's brilliant.

The good news is that I've still managed to lose 3lb, the bad news is I'm doing the pre-Christmas trip to France tomorrow on the ferry and have a barbecue on Saturday to go to, if I manage to stay on plan this week without being in ketosis it'll be a bloomin' miracle.

Sorry for the rant...

hi guys
Minivix , how are you today ? after your day yesterday , trisha , yes I think if I carry on like I am i'll be on this thread for life and I need to crack this milestone once and for all , I read blogs and think i'm not the only one who feels so low and feels like demons are talking to them , but thats what I have to get over , thinking I just know I will feel different the next day if I stay 100% , so today is a new day , 3 hours of walking again , feet and knees killing me , cos of carrying so much weight around .
Wez hows things on your diet ?
Can't say i blame you after being on CD for so long you just think enough is enough now , I'm going to have to get this BMI down , its so high now , its like carrying my daughter around with me all the time with how much I have to lose , geeeeeeeeeeeee.
Ok I'm off now , thought i'd get it off my chest lol

3 hours of walking (what on Earth do you do)??? Can just about manage the 20-25mins to nursery (3 days per week), 5min pitstop, then 20-25min home again haha.

Today was going well until I decided to make apple crumble before having my 2nd shake of the day, the crumble mix was looking really lumpy so I thought I'd just pick out the bigger ones - somehow they ended up in my mouth. Raw crumble mix... what was I thinking?!

Seriously, I think I must be due on because I've lost the ability to think rationally and have no self-control whatsoever.

Like your way of thinking MrsJMC, I've shifted x1 DD equivalent already - another x1 to go (albeit she's only 2yrs old). I don't know, maybe now I've had a good loss I'm getting a bit complacent or, most likely, maybe I'm just finding excuses to not stick to it this week because I'm too tired, grumpy and irritable. Grrr!

*WE CAN DO THIS GIRLS, FOCUS!!! x *

Well another day of cheating for me as well :cry:

It started well, but there were 3 boxes of biscuits and a huge tin of chocolates in the staff room. I resisted until after lunch, but then caved in, but didn't leave it there came home and can't stop picking!!!

I was even going to make some flapjacks, but thank you minivix, I read your post earlier about the apple crumble and it made me think "who am I making flapjacks for" answer ME!!!! so I haven't made any, if I hadn't read your post, flapjacks would have been made and I would have eaten half of them by now!! so THANK YOU.

Not looking forward to wi tomorrow, one of the reasons I changed wi day was in the hope I might lose some weight, but now I know I will have gained :cry: that will teach me instead of a sts it will show a gain :cry: I'll just have to face the music.

Hey ladies.
Minivix I am surprised you cracked, you have a perfect record but it happens to us all. Are you back on track now?
Gosh Msjmc, how do you do so much walking, I am so lazy in comparison. Wore my fitflops to work yesterday and my feet ached thid morning - need to do more.
Trisha, a gain at wi can be demotivating but it could also motivate you to stick with it 100%. Are you ss?
Diet is going well, singing it's praise today as I couldn't finish my lunch & I have a big appetite. Love eating fresh foods & the smell of roast meat is mouthwatering (sorry). No temptation to cheat as hunger means drink water & eat fruit. No desire to have chips, choc or alcohol. Don't know how much longer I can eat salads for if the weather turns.
had to phone dd's breakfast club as she was told (version of a 4 year old) that the lady told her that she wasn't allowed breakfast even though there was an empty chair. Luckily she'd had toast at home and would have only had cocopops there. Spoke to the manager, not accusung, light & friendly, she was going to investigate tomorrow & assured me dd would get breakfast tomorrow. I felt sad because it was only her 2nd visit & I'd have hoped they would be more welcoming to help her settle. I'll be monitoring it carefully and praised dd for telling me but she replied "will the lady tell me off tomorrow?" TLC was needed!

Morning all.
The dress came yesterday. Even with my highest heels, it seems too long, like it would be in danger of being stepped on by others and ripped. Contacted a seamstress this morning and I can bring it round on Monday, thank goodness.
Contacted dd's breakfast club again and the manager assured me that dd was told she couldn't have breakfast 'yet' as the staff member was clearing up spilt milk and that measures were put in place to ensure they all had breakfast. Dd got spoilt yesterday and had 3 bowls of rice crispies so now believes it is a great club. Hopefully that is a closed matter now.
Glad it is the weekend, didn't get home till 6:45 yesterday and then with a box of unmarked books. Baby was in bed already but I could put dd to bed after a much needed cuppa.
DD has a party this afternoon. Strange now as the protocol will be different, with her nursery friends all parents stayed but she is at big school now, do I leave or stay? Just have to suck it and see I guess. Only know 1 other mum from the playground so it could be a good opportunity to chat. Don't like the idea of leavng her with strangers who can't contact me.
DH has taken the girls shopping so with 1 washing load in the machine and a full clean dishwasher then the immediate chores are already calling. Here's to a fun morning!
I hope all you cders are doing well.

hi all, sorry to say 2.5 weight gain this week :cry: but I expected it. So much has been happening the last few weeks getting dd ready for uni, meals out etc and then work!!!! I haven't been able to concentrate properly.

Just got back from Newcastle having left dd, really hard leaving her - she was fine and within minutes of arriving at flat had made friends with flat mates, 2 had arrived late yesterday but hadn't really spoken much to each other, they all have their own rooms and a communal lounge and kitchen, the other girl arrived about an hour after us, when we left the girls were all going out together to get their freshers wrist bands, and planning a the night out, I cried of course, it seems so strange leaving her, knowing it will be weeks until I see her again.

I think I'll fnd it much easier to stick to cd now though, at least I'm hoping so.

Glad the breakfast mix up has been sorted at dd's breakfast club, I'm sure she will be much happier, did you stay at the party? I used to find that sometimes parents wanted you to stay and other times they didn't it all depends on where they have the party and of they know the parent etc.

3 hours of walking (what on Earth do you do)??? Can just about manage the 20-25mins to nursery (3 days per week), 5min pitstop, then 20-25min home again haha.

Today was going well until I decided to make apple crumble before having my 2nd shake of the day, the crumble mix was looking really lumpy so I thought I'd just pick out the bigger ones - somehow they ended up in my mouth. Raw crumble mix... what was I thinking?!

Seriously, I think I must be due on because I've lost the ability to think rationally and have no self-control whatsoever.

Like your way of thinking MrsJMC, I've shifted x1 DD equivalent already - another x1 to go (albeit she's only 2yrs old). I don't know, maybe now I've had a good loss I'm getting a bit complacent or, most likely, maybe I'm just finding excuses to not stick to it this week because I'm too tired, grumpy and irritable. Grrr!

*WE CAN DO THIS GIRLS, FOCUS!!! x *
On TV last week they made a crumble , he said to not over mix it but it sure looked good , think you just miss some food thats real :) normal .
Yes , I have to lose the weight of my daughter ouch , when I lift her I can hardly do it .

Hi Guys , sorry not been on , i have been painting and getting my pc sorted out .
You know I looked at myself in the mirror today and thought , now tahts the reason i'm on a diet . I am angry at myself for straying a bit . But after the shock in the mirror its put me back on track .
3 hours walking is on a wednesday and I do an hour each day . I have to help my son with his papers on wednesday so when i'm back on CD 100% I feel so full of engry it feels so good . but this diet is a rollercoater , and I better strap myself in .
Hows everyone ? will catch up on the threads here

team:
Minivix 1.69%
Trisha 0%
MJMC ?? - sorry I haven't you details, can you pm me your last wi for next week's loss?

Back