Team 30 **The Meltaways**

Yay welcome Mrs Heffalump!

We are now officially The Meltaways :)

I will take on Team Leader duties for now until we get settled then if someone else would like to do it then that's fine.

We're just waiting for thinfor30 to say hi and we have our team!

ok girls - in order to register our team data this is what I'll need.

Your weigh in day

Then each week I will need

Your loss
Your new weight

You can PM me this or email me if you're not happy about posting your weight here.

I will not reveal or discuss your weights with anyone if that is your wish.

I would be grateful if these could be sent/posted in good time for me to post before the deadline which is Sunday.

Sorry if that sounded regimental!

Hi Becky,

Well done on your weight loss so far. And thanks for the reassurance about still losing weight even with the occasional blip! Is good that your bf is diet minded too, I think that makes a big difference. I'm single at the moment, so I don't have to worry either but a large part of my weight gain was from my last relationship (all that naughty food in the house, plus lots of eating out!).

Are you on SS still? Or are you on one of the other plans?

Lisa

PS Which medical school are you at? I went to Bristol :)

Rhiana,

My weigh in day is Monday, but I didn't get weighed yesterday as my CDC is away. So don't think I can 'compete' in this week's team thingy. But I looked at the rules and hopefully it shouldn't affect the rest of the group.

I'm moving in August so may have to change my weigh in day then (plus find a new CDC, how scary!)

L xx

And to everyone -

Thanks for the reassuring messages about being naughty! I was feeling soooooo guilty about it and was debating not telling the group. But then I thought that part of the problem with my weight gain is secret eating, so thought I'd fess up. And feel a lot better about it and more positive about things! Feeling physically a bit gross at the moment as not back in ketosis yet and have a couple of days off work (nothing else to focus on...) but hopefully back on track soon. And hoping for a (good?) weight loss next Monday....

Lisa

PS Hello Mrs Heffalump! Love the name!

Hello everyone! Sorry for the late arrival. Today is my DAY 1.

I'm Katie, I'm 29 (hence the username) and I'm trying to lose weight and KEEP IT OFF. Find it relatively easy to lose but hard to maintain it long term. My first time on CD but not my first time on a ketosis based diet.

I was worried about today not because of the food but because of my Diet Coke addiction. Thankfully I haven't had a headache today and I haven't had one can. I'm pleased, got through Day One without much trouble. Not looking forward to the headaches that may come tomorrow or Thursday but I know it'll be over soon.

Pleased to meet you all, sorry if I don't reply to every post but I'm here in spirit and I'll be posting my losses (first weigh on Wed July 29th)

Keep on keeping on everyone!

Hi all!

Just realised I didn't introduce myself properly! I'm Claire, i'm 26 and a teacher from Slough. Like you Katie, I don't find the losing weight part the problem, it's keeping it off. Got a stone from target on WW a few years ago, then met my current BF and let it go a bit - well, a lot! Am determined this time to make it to target AND keep it off!

Rhiana - think you're gonna make a great team leader. Not sure what day i've got my WI this week as CDC is in hospital, but it's usually a Thursday or Saturday depending on CDC's job.

Very excited today, but a tad apprehensive, just booked a holiday last minute! Off next wednesday, but i'm concerned about how much weight i'll put back on when i'm there. Does that sound silly?!

Hope you're all having a good Tuesday!
Claire x

Claire, I'm totally with you on the holiday thing. I tend to find any kind of 'break' difficult - it's starting up again once I get back that's the problem for me.

Are you okay with accepting you're coming off it while you're away then re-starting when you're home?

Make sure you enjoy your holiday, thats the most important thing :)

Katie, I know what you mean about a Diet Coke addiction! I'm afraid that I've just swapped for lots of coffees instead. When my CDC suggested I cut out caffeine as well, I think I developed selective deafness....

Claire, I agree with Katie. Make sure you enjoy your holiday! I'd definitely have a plan for when I'm away, either saying you're off plan completely or whether you are going to watch things calorie wise?? Where are you off to? Anywhere warm?

Lisa x

Lisa, I haven't had any caffeine today. It wasn't too bad but I think most days I'll have a least one can of Coke Zero (my CDC says it's allowed because of no citric acid).

Another lo carb diet I did flat out banned caffeine as it said that it raises your insulin levels which can affect your cravings. But I drunk any diet soda like it was going out of fashion on that diet and I still lost 4 stone in 3 months. So I don't know?

So for my first day I had 4 servings (I'm 5'8"). I hated the strawberry tetra (not pleasant at 8am) and the strawberry shake wasn't too hot either. However the choc tetra was gorge as was the teeny portion of porridge. So I'm pleased there's at least something I'm going to 'enjoy' :)

Me and a friend are going to Barcelona. Never been before but my Dad loves it there so thought we'd try it. I'm going to try and watch the calories I think, although not sure how well that'll work cos i've never been very good at it in the past! I think what i'll try and do is just avoid carbs as much as possible and make healthier choices. I'm well aware though that it'll be difficult to start again when I get back, but as long as I see my CDC as soon as I can, i'm hoping it won't be too bad.

Anyone else off anywhere nice over the summer?

Ooh, very nice! I've never been to Barcelona, but apparently it's very good for shopping. Which is always a good thing, in my opinion! Shouldn't be too hard to do low carb there - aren't the Spanish meant to love their meat?

I'm not off anywhere this summer, have an exam to do in September so lots of revising for me! :read: Might try to have a mini break to London or something after that (especially hoping that I can get some new clothes in a smaller size!).

Katie,

Can you REALLY have Coke Zero..???? Ooh, the possibilities! Am just thinking that might be a nice treat sometimes as I do really like the taste of it.

It's funny that everyone has different likes/dislikes on CD. I think the tetra-packs can do no wrong, but have real problems stomaching the porridge. I think the main problem with it is that I am very lump averse with the milkshakes and so because the milkshake has lumps in it, my brain assumes that I haven't mixed it properly. And then I gag. Sigh.

But I currently have loads of porridge left so as soon as my CDC gets back from holiday (Thursday I think/hope) I'm going to see if I can swap!

Hope your first day went OK!

Morning everyone,

Claire I'm off to Portugal in September, should be nice. Bit of a come down from last years honeymoon in the Maldives tho lol.

Welcome Katie!! nice to see you.

Lisa I have a can a coke Zero a day, my CDC says it's ok but as long as I only have the one.

Hope everyone is having good days so far.

Weigh in for me tonight :eek:

xxx

PS changed the first post to show our newly completed team!!

Gosh theres so much on here since I last popped in.

Lisa- I am at Durham University but its a bit weird course as in third year we transfer over to Newcastle Uni. So as of Sept it will be Newcastle (although I will be hosptal besed)lol! I hope that makes sense.lol!

Diet Coke! hmm. I have had this debate a few times on here, as lots of people say it a big no no and its like swearing! Coke Zero and Dr Pepper Zero and also Sprite Zero do not have citric acid and no carbs/sugar, so I drink them and sometimes diet coke too.lol! I started off quite well just drinking about 500mls of coke zero a day but as the diet has gone on in probs drinking 2litres a day!eeek! Thats bad isnt it! I still lose weight though and it doesnt affect my ketosis. It really srprises me the number of people who drink a lot of diet coke.

Im so jealous about your hols, mine seems so long ago. When I got back from holiday I was a stone heavier (in two weeks) but it took me a week and a half to get it off. Thats the beauty of this diet if you are bad it wont take you months to get back to where you were. I think a lot of that weight was fluid. I say try your best but if you are bad just try and get back on the plan as soon as you get home. How long is everyone away for?

I am doing sole source, but at the weekend my consultant told me I could have the odd meal of I wanted (not that I have to) white meat and veg. I did have something sunday and monday (and an still in ketosis) but am not going to do it everynight.

On friday night I am having a little party for my friends. I am cooking Lasagne and doing cocktails, there will be nibbles and pudding too. I am seriously going mad I wont be drinking but may have a meal of meat and veg just so I dont look to out of place. Have I lost the plot. The strange thing is I will just enjoy the entertaining and dont feel the food will bother me. I can see the end in sight, although its a stone or so away but I think its keeping me motivted.

I hope everyone else is doing OK.

Bex. x

Rhiana - good luck for tonight!!!

Becky - Sprite Zero too???? I love that stuff. Although, strangely, you can never seem to get it in the shops where I live. Will go on a hunt this weekend I think :)

I think you're very good to be planning a dinner party and not having any 'bad' food. Still, like you say, as long as you're eating something, then guests don't seem to mind. I did LL a few years back and definitely found that as long as people felt you were joining in, then you didn't get pressurised. Is quite sad that you have to plan your diet to please other people, but suppose that's just life.

I've just got very overexcited and bought myself a tassimo coffee maker. I think that I was a little deflated that my 'dinner' only takes about two minutes to prepare (I'm all about the faffing about in the kitchen, and there's only so many ways you can whip up a shake!). So I now have all different kinds of swish coffee. I'm allowing myself 200ml of skimmed milk (SS+ I think) so am using small amounts of that, frothed up with a bamix - aka best invention in the world ever - to make cappuccino. Lovely! Just having to avoid buying the hot chocolate pod for my housemate as I think that will just be a temptation too far...

Hope everyone has had a great day today. I'm on nights again tonight, hoping for a quiet one!

Lisa xx

Evening everyone! How are we all doing?

Most of today I was so energised, I was tapping my foot and leaping out of my chair at work. Now I'm home and I've had my porridge I'm just knacked, completely wiped! I feel like I could go to bed now, how odd.

Does everyone else have differing body feelings/moods on CD?

Oh and I'm getting soooo thirsty at the talk of diet drinks. Plus I had to turn down a lunch out with workmates on Friday. I sounded like a right mardy cow!

Remember, advice is to stay away from these types of drinks. Im just a rebel.lol! I do have the water flavourings, im going to try and use them a bit as I really shouldnt drink so much carbonated stuff.

I have days where I am totally exhausted, it is a struggle to even lift my limbs and walking up the strairs knackers me. This doesnt happen often though. Generally I have felt quite good and full of energy.

I love being in the kitchen too. Hence why im doing this meal really and I feel I neglect my friends when im studying so thought it would be nice. Infact I neglect myself too as in never go anywhere as Im always working ans studying.lol!

Its the canepes im making that will be hard to resist. I was going to make a pudding but bought one instead, dont think I could have made it without seeing if it was right. Im looking at things positively. Its not like this is forever and when im at target I can have whatever I want in moderation.I hope.lol!

Its been so long since I was thin I do hope I can maintain it. Infact im the lightest now ive been in 8-10 years. Dont think I would have got this far on any other diet. Has anyone done CD before?

I hope everyone is having a nice evening, is anyone due a WI soon. x

Evening!

Having a fairly good day thanks. Think it must be the fact that it's the start of the summer holidays. By week 4-5 though i'll be bored!

Lisa - I completely agree with you about lumps in milkshakes, makes me feel sick just thinking about it! I get around that by seiving them. Sounds daft and i'm sure some of the nutrients in them must be sieved out, but i couldn't drink them at all otherwise. All i can't stand the tetras - too concentrated.

Up early tomorroe to wait for Argos to deliver some furniture, then will spend the rest of the day swearing as i try to assemble it! I am determined not to have to ask for help as bf will be so smug about it!

Have my WI Friday morning, so am upping my water intake in preparation!

Claire x

Katie - I am totally the same! I go from feeling like I could sleep for England to bouncing around with a ridiculous amount of energy (only to then crash and burn an hour or so later!). When I did LL a few years ago, I seemed to settle in a state of more energy, but then that could have been the positive vibe from losing lots of weight, getting compliments etc.

I'm currently on nights and so a bit worried that my energy levels may fluctuate. On 2litres of water already plus goodness knows how many coffees! Am w-i-r-e-d! :eek:

Back