Team 30 **The Meltaways**

Becky - you rebel, you! Have you tried the flavourings with sparkling water? I know it's still carbonated but surely water is better than Coke and the like?

Having an OK evening so far.... Watch this space though!

Lisa xx

Claire,

I don't think that sieving is a bad thing. Better that than bringing the whole lot up again! I love the tetra packs though, apart from they seem to leave a really icky aftertaste. Not sure if it's just me. Am going to stock up on them next time I see my CDC I think. As I don't take a blender to work and lump aversion is not compatible with the shaker!

Hope that you get all the furniture assembled. I once took 15 hours to assemble a double bed when I was at Uni. It had no instructions, I had to borrow a screwdriver that was the wrong size... There were so very, very many planks of wood to screw in. But the feeling of satisfaction when I (finally!) got in was immense. Even outweighed the pain from the blisters on my hands for a while!

Lisa xx

PS Good luck for Friday!!

Morning girls,

3lbs loss for me last night :)

I hate lumps as well, the trick I've discovered is if you put a whisk between the palms of your hands and really quickly rub your hands together it gives the effect of a blender, if you do that for about 2-3 mins it gets rid of the lumps. Just stop the movement for about 30 secs and if there are any lumps they float to the top and just whisk for another minute. I keep a whisk at work especially for this.

Just a thought that works for me.

Well Done Rhianna, thats a fab loss. :happy096: How are you feeling?

I have a hand blender that I have been using. I have one I got from Tescos ages ago. The value hand blenders are only about £4.97 and worth having to have a shake without lumps. Yesterday I actually invested in an upsight blender, just so I can do crushed ice for my shakes (and cocktails on friday) they are good but not as easy to clean and a bit bulky, they are really good at getting smooth shakes though.

I dont like the strawberry or chocolate tetras, they have an awful aftertaste so I never got the courage to try any other flavours.

Lisa it must be hard woking evenings, really messing with your body clock.

Claire, im sure you will manage with the furniture just fine. I hate assembling things like that though, good luck.

Thinfor 30- I hope you are still feeling energised! Do the grils at work know about your diet?

I hope everyone has a lovely day, mine is going to be filled with cleaning.lol! Also I am going to make sure I have a 2litre bottle of water today. :eek: x

I'm feeling good about my weight loss but a bit sluggish and bloated today, hope you're well Becky.

I've been angelic in my water drinking and have downed a litre and a half this morning - going to go fill up and hopefully chug that by lunchtime - I'm hardcore me!

My colleagues say they're keeping one cubicle in the toilets free permanently because of my frequent mad dash trips for a wee!

Hope everyone else is doing ok today xx

Rhiana - well done on your weight loss! So did that take you over the 3 stone mark?? Amazing! :scale:

Am debating using the toilet cubicle idea and reserving one at work! Although it was a bit of a worry, when I started the diet I didn't need to wee for ages. Must have been more dehydrated than I realised - just hoping that all this water (with the occasional Coke/Sprite zero....) is going to do wonders for my skin!

Hope you feel less sluggish soon :)

Becky - I think I may invest in a cheap blender, just for work. I use my Bamix for shakes at home. No lumps to be seen (or more importantly, felt. Ick).

Nights aren't too bad, I just get a bit confused about what constitutes a day and so when I'm allowed what. Went a bit wrong last week, didn't take enough to work and ended up eating 'bad' food from the mess (so very, very tempting!) so figure even if I have one shake too many in 48 hrs, is probably better than falling off the wagon!

Enjoy the cleaning!

Lisa x

Hi Lisa -yep that takes me to 3st 2lbs so feeling very chuffed :)

Rhiana - WELL DONE I'm amazed at how much you've lost in 13 weeks, fantastic

Becky - I agree, the hand blenders are a godsend. Great for soup too. (Normal, not CD)

Again, I feel fine today: light and full of energy. I wonder if it'll last?

Lisa - I haven't told anyone at work I'm on CD. I feel a bit embarrassed because I lost 3 stone last year then piled it all back on again. I did it with my own style VLCD which was very low carb. They kept saying while I was dieting 'oh be careful about putting it back on' etc so I kind of just don't want to tell them? Of course they'll notice I'm losing weight eventually but I was just thinking of saying I was eating lighter. I hate being judged and criticised, something I should address really. I wish I could just say 'sod you all, this is what I'm doing' but I'd rather just avoid. Am I silly? My best friends know, and my sister and they're being really supportive. They don't know about diets so they're all fine but my workmates are all SW/WW diehards.

Rhiana- once again well done 3 stone, thats fab!

So Lisa are you an Army Doctor, just with you saying the mess. How long have you been qualified? Oh I cheaked today and its 7up free I get not sprite zero. But sprite might be OK, just cheak the ingredients and make sure there is no citric acid in it. Soz! I hope you like 7up too!

I was worried at first about telling my uni mates about doing this diet. At first they were worried about they diet itself and because it was 2 weeks before our end of year exams too. Now they can see how well I am doing and that its better for my health having a lower BMI (especially with my family history of heart disease). Now they always ask how im doing, they just think its funny seeing me skinnier as they arent used to it. My mates are all slim and well into exercise too!lol!

Dont you all just hate it when people say to you 'all you need to do is eat less and exercise more' I feel like screaming at them. Obviously Im not a keen althlete and like my food or I wouldnt be overweight. I know this is a lifestyle change but some people dont know how hard it is. Especially when I dont like exercise that much! Its the kind of thing I do for a few months then get sick.

Anyhow, today I have drunk more water and less diet coke. I will try to behave myself again 2moz. How is everyone else doing? x

Hi everyone!

How are you all today? Just had my WI and have lost 5lbs! Very impressed considering the bread and cheese blip from Monday. Think it must be the fact that I drank shedloads of water to make up for it. What info is it I need to give you for the team competition Rhiana?

Spent most of yesterday building my flat pack furniture and am actually quite proud of myself for doing it on my own! BF was surprisingly impressed too! Off to Wembley to watch Spurs play Barcelona this evening which should be good. Just got to avoid the temptation of getting a kebab on the way home, which is what BF and I usually do.

Well done on your loss!!

Thats's fab - all I need is your loss and either what you now or what you were before you weighed in. If your details on the left are correct then I can just take it from that.

Thanks for all your congrats everyone xx

Well done Claire, thats brillant. It just goes to show if you can get over a small blip you can have fab results. You should be so pleased with yourself. :bliss:

Thanks guys! Would love to lose 2-3 lbs by the time I go on holiday - would be great to go in the 12s!

Rhiana - was 188lbs, lost 5lbs so am now 183lbs. Hope that's what you meant!

Claire Well done on your weight loss! And it is very reassuring that you had that even with the enforced cheese and bread blip! Maybe it was all the exercise from the furniture building :) Hope you managed to resist the lure of the kebab...!

Becky I'm just a regular NHS Dr, qualified about 5 years ago. Was talking about the hospital Dr's mess. The one where I currently work is really nice and they have lots of bread/cheese/jam/nutella (!)/biscuits/cereals... available all day (which is not so nice when you can't eat it!). The main problem is that the mess is right next to the ward I'm based on, so each shift is an exercise in willpower. Ah well, it will make me stronger in the end!

I'm with you on people giving the 'eat less, exercise more' advice. Like, duh, I'd never thought of that! I fully accept that I eat too much at times and just need to sort out a happy medium. My exam in September means that I can't really maintain the level of exercise I've been doing so am using CD to give me a boost which I can hopefully maintain a lot more easily when I start working out again...

Katie I think you have every right to tell whomever you choose about being on VLCD. I debated whether to tell people at work as then you get the raised eyebrows about crash diets etc etc. And from previous experience, if you get even a slight cold everyone comes down on you like a ton of bricks about it being caused by 'your silly diet' Grr. But in the end I had to tell them - mainly as then it's a safety guard against the temptations mentioned above!

Just ignore anyone else who makes any unproductive comments. Weight loss (and weight in general) is such a personal thing that I don't really think anyone is qualified to dictate to you what you should or shouldn't be doing (apart from eating disorders I suppose). Grr again!

Hmm. Two Grrs in one post. Maybe I need some more water or something!!

Hi Everyone,

Well I just got weighed and I lost 3lb. So thats now 2 stone on CD.yey! x

My party was a sucess and everyone seemed to enjoy themselves. They were all quite happy with me having some salmon and veg. Infact it wasnt really mentioned, we talked about my diet but generally. So I was really happy. I did though have two small glasses of wine. On the evening it had brought me out out Ketosis but I was back in it this morning.

Hows everyone else doing? Im quite tied due to my late night so I might have a power nap before work. x

Becky - well done! 2 stone in 11 weeks is fantastic!

Glad you had a nice party too and well done on not cheating, if I had two glasses of wine I'm pretty sure that'd be an excuse for me to reach for dessert.....

Hope your nap was productive (I'm a mega fan of power naps!) and you have a nice time at work.

How's everyone else doing? Good weekends all round I hope! xx

Well done Becky, that's brilliant! That's good about the party too, I always fear social events so I'll need to take a few tips from your book.

I had a diet coke today (shocker, lol) but I was still in ketosis afterwards so no big deal. REALLY looking forward to being weighed, even though I think it's nearly TOTM : (

Hope everyone else is having a fab weekend. I was invited out tonight but said no because I didn't want to be tempted with alcohol...

Im feeling much better after my nap but could have done with longer, am at work now huh!lol! Its in an IT suite hence why im on here!

Im going to try really hard over the next few weeks. I dont want to become lax and start cheating when my target is in sight. I know I shouldnt have had the wine but dont feel guilty about it as felt I did quite well with everything else.

Im sure one diet coke is OK, as long as you dont have gallons of the stuff.

Has anyone taken before photos. I did so might take some now to see what the difference is. If im feeling brave I might put them on here. xx

Ooh! I love before and after photos! I find them sooooo inspiring! I have lots of 'before' photos - I'm famous in my family for always moaning that any photo taken of me looks like a 'before' shot!

My problem is I delete most of the photos ever taken of me or avoid the camera.

I have put a few pics on here, in my profile album, they are not the most attractive ones but I feel best show my size. I am going to get some photos taken later with my jeans and a vest on to compare to the ones I took when I first started CD. Then I will hopefully really be able to see the change in my shape.

Hope you can find them OK. Im not looking forward to work later. huh!

I hope everyone is being good and having a lovely weekend. xx

Back