Team 30 **The Meltaways**

Hi everyone! Welcome to Pound Princess and welcome back from holiday Swifty. 2lbs in a holiday is a GREAT acheivement, I'd be well chuffed with that.

Pound Princess, don't beat yourself up about needing to start over, just take each day at a time. When you're craving food come to the boards and chat and remember to down that water! Hope it goes okay for you : )

Becky, I know EXACTLY what you mean about shopping. I feel like I buy whatever fits even though I might not like it. Your profile photo is really pretty so you really should have more confidence, you've done so well on this diet, you're so far through it and that's an achievement in itself. Maybe take a friend shopping with you? Someone who understands what you're like? I can only really go clothes shopping with one or two of my friends because I feel so ugly and uncomfortable in fashionable shops.

Now for my good news: I lost ONE STONE this week. Well, it was a little over a week - about 10 days but I'm SO chuffed. I knew I'd lost but not that much. I am in such a great mood, I feel brilliant and I'm really glad I'm doing the diet. I saw my Dad tonight for the first time in a few months (he lives about 5 hours away) and he said I was looking well so I'm really chuffed!

That's an amazing loss! Well done you! I'm hoping to lose a fair bit this week, what with it being a restart (sort of). It's great when you start getting compliments about how well you look. One of the things I can't wait to do as I get slimmer is go shopping! I love looking at clothes, but I get so frustrated and upset when things don't fit, so I tend to go on my own, or with one of friends who knows what it's like.

Pound Princess - don't be so hard on yourself! You obviously know why you end up eating, so there's a chance that you can find a way to stop. We're all here for you. You've done so well so far - just keep at it!

Claire x

Thinfor30- A stone, thats amazing, im not surprised people will notice. I bet you feel great. Do you feel it has spured you on.

Claire- Im glad you had a good holiday, just 2lb on, you must have been quite good. You will have that off in no time.

Pround Princess- Be sure to pop in and let us know how you are doing. Dont be disheartened. Dont let one bad day get you down, just put it behind you and move on. You know what your trigger for going off plan is so as someone said it might be worth trying to look at that issue. It will be hard but i bet you wil feel better in the long run. As im sure you probs dont feel any better after eating bad things. I started to gain a lot of weight when my Dad died. I am a comfort eater and nomatter how much I ate i never felt better afterwards, just worse and guilty, its not a nice feeling. I dont know if its the same for you. If you are having a good or bad day just pop in and let us know, im sure it will help you get by.

Thanks for all of your supportive comments. I will be taking a friend shopping for sure. I dont like going into certain shops, eg/ designer shops where there is a few rails and some skinny dolled up people working there,lol! I feel like they are looking at me wondering why im there coz nothing wil fit me (i know its all in my mind). I was a size 20 and and now 12-14, my mind hasnt got slim as quick as my body has. I keep walking past Top Shop, river island etc too. I need to just go in (with a buddy). Im sure the confidence will come in time.

I can see my target in sight but am driving myself crazy thinking about food. Im thinking about moving up the plan and having an evening meal every day. I dont want to give up when im so close. I going to see how I feel over the next few days.

I hope everyone else is doing OK, Rhiana and Lisa. I hope the move and new jobs going Ok Lisa.

Becky. x

Becky your new profile picture looks great! You look super duper - get in those shops girl! 9lbs to go, that's like 2 or 3 weeks at the most..

Yeah I do feel spurred on, I was looking at a stone a month ideally so this has been a real boost.

How's everyone else doing? It's been a little quiet round here recently. Hope everyone's feeling good, if not come and share!

lol! Thanks chick, I just thought it was a funny pic.

I am finding it harder, eventhough im so close to my target. I will get there though. I think now im getting nearer to target id probs like to be about 1/2 stone lighter than that. I dont think id do that in a rush though as I need to learn to eat the right things to maintain my weight and learn to control it. I hope that makes sense.

A stone a month is a good reasonable loss. Its weird thinking a few months down the line what you might weigh. I didnt believe the CD counsellor when she said how much I could lose on this. Its certainly achievable though.

I have been shopping again and the two ladies in the shop were fantastic, they really helped me and told me what went etc, I got some jean leggins and two new tops, size 12 yey!yey!yey! I seriously need some new clothes but am waiting as I am really between sizes 12-14, its only elasticated waists that I can get away with a 12. If you see my pics you can see I have no bum but a big waist. So im a 14 waist and 12 bum.lol. I dont want to buy more clothes that in a few weeks ill be giving away. I did feel so much better having got some new nice clothes. Im startning to look forward to going again.lol! x

Hi ladies!

Doing ok this week, back on track now. Had a rotten few days getting back into it though. I've had a headache for the last 3 days that tablets and sleep can't seem to shift and there have been times where i've been so close to eating carbs to try and get rid of it! But i've resisted, thank god. Went out for lunch with a friend today and despite the headache, was able to stick to a simple chicken salad rather than the sandwich and chips I so wanted!

Glad the shopping went well Becky, you'll be done to a size 12 all over soon enough! Can't wait to be a size 12 again, it's been a while!

Anyone got any plans for the weekend?

Claire x

Well done Claire, its not easy sticking to it especially when temptation is there.

Im just working this weekend, nothing exciting for me. What you up to?

I got weighed yesterday and I lost 2lbs, its now going to be 2 weeks until me next WI. xx

Last edited:
Well done Claire, keep chipping away! Are you still doing SS?

I spent most of the weekend obsessing about food, it was my fault really as I went to the cinema and smelled the popcorn (I actually ate a CD toffee bar!) then later on watched a marathon session of Come Dine With Me. I'm not a cook, I always opt for the easy option which is one of the reasons I put on weight in the first place. I think once I move up the plans I'm going to really try to learn how to cook meals.

I went to bed with a headache, feeling like I wasn't getting anywhere. But when I woke this morning, the headache was gone and my tummy looked lots flatter than the night before. So I'm motivated again! It's always easier at work anyway. I get weighed on Wed this week, not sure what to expect.

Hope everyone else is doing okay :)

Katie x

Hi girls -

Just a quick apology for not being around for a week. I've had a bad week and haven't been feeling well. Feeling better now tho and looking forward to my first anniversary on Sunday.

Sorry again for just not coming no I couldn't face it this week.

xxx

Hi girls!

Hope you all had a good weekend. Just back from my WI and managed to lose 6lbs this week, which i'm really chuffed with. So i've lost what i gained on holiday and then a little bit more. Although, i'm going to stay with my Dad tomorrow for 2 days, so bound to put most of that back on again purely in alcohol no doubt! But i'll try and be good and if I can't be good, at least low carb. It feels silly though putting all this effort in, only to blow it because I can't seem to tell some people what diet i'm doing. I'll probably tell Dad that it's low GI to avoid bad carbs, but why am I so worried about what other people think?! Sorry bout that rant there!

Well done on that 2 lbs Becky, you're so close now!

Katie - I know exactly what you mean about obsessing about food, been doing that all week too! I'm doing SS+, not sure I could cope without some real food during the day. Hope your WI goes well Weds.

Rhiana - glad you're feeling better hun, good to have you back!

Claire x

I lost 6lbs this weigh in! Very pleased as that means I've lost 1.5 stones in the first 4 weeks. I know it'll probably slow up a bit now so I have to prepare for that but I'm over the moon for the moment.

Hope everyone else is keeping on keeping on : )

Well done on your loss!!!

Well during my bad week I put on 3lbs :(

But yesterday I'd lost 5lbs so I lost the 3lbs and another 2 very pleased about that.

Hi everyone sorry I haven't been around for a week but I just could not access minimins on my computer it just would not let me! every other site was fine but this one just would'nt let me in (weird). Well done to everyone on their weight loss and thanks for the advice. This week I messed up on Day one again but ive managed to stay 100% ss for 8 days now, got weighed on Tuesday and..(big drum roll) lost 13lbs.:eek:. I am soooo happy and back on track. Finally figured out where I was going wrong and have come to the conclusion that the shakes make me hungry so have stuck to veg soup and porridge and been fine so I am definately focused and know I have lost other 4lb since Tuesday so should - no I will have another good weight loss this week. Everyone have a good weekend and keep shrinking or should I say melting xx

HI everyone, it's my wedding anniversary tomorrow so I won't be about.

If anyone else could do the weigh in that would be great

xxx

Hi Everyone, I am so glad you are all doing so well. Really well infact!

I havent had a great week, I went out for a meal on tuesday and ate nornmal food. It must have been very salty as boy I suffered I was up all night with leg cramps and had fluid retention the next day. I have learnt my lesson.lol! I dont have weigh in this week anyhow but know I have stayed about the same. Im going to try my hardest to be really good over the next week. I need to take inspiration from you guys.

If you need a hand Rhiana I dont mind helping out.

Becky. x

Hi girlies.

No news from me - lost 2lbs this week. Actually really chuffed because I felt really bloated (possible TOTM coming?) and didn't feel like I'd lost at all.

I'm away this weekend, my CDC knows and I was always going to be off plan for this from the start of the diet. So.. my big thing is starting up again when I get back. I'm dreading the hunger/cravings but my head's in the right place and I think I'll be okay.

I've lost 4lbs off 2 stone in 5 weeks, there's no way I'm giving up. After I come back I've got a good run through Sept and Oct where I know I won't be off plan at all. I'm actually at the stage where I'm really enjoying the diet!

Hope everyone else is doing okay!

Hi all!

Doing ok thanks! Well done on losing despite feeling bloated! And 2 stone nearly in 5 weeks is amazing! I've got my WI tomorrow morning, but i'm not expecting to have lost much as i've spent all week trying to lose what I gained when I went to my Dad's last week - so i'll be pleased if I STS! I seem to be taking the very scenic route at the moment with this diet, but I should also have a fairly clear run through Sept and Oct where I can finally stick to it fully.

Starting up again isn't nice - the first time after my holiday was horrible and I nearly gave up (too many carbs in my body), but this time, after going to Dad's, I did a day of no carbs, but fairly normal eating and that made it so much easier to restart and I didn't feel ill at all. I'm sure you'll be fine!

My new goal i've set myself is to get to goal (10.7) by the next time I see my Dad. He lives in Dorset so don't see him too often and the next time I see him probably won't be till the beginning of November, so I think that's an achieveable goal to aim for!

Hope you're all well and losing!

Claire x

Hi girls,

I've managed a 3 lb loss this week which I'm quite pleased with. I'm off to portugal in 2 weeks so would love to be under 19st by then.

Can't believe I've lost 3 and a half stones.

Well done all on your losses you're doing fab!

xxx

Hi!

Well done Rhiana - i'm sure you'll manage to reach that target before you go away. You'll lost a brilliant about of weight so far you should be really proud of yourself!

I've had my weigh in today and lost 3lbs too! Which i'm really pleased with as the beginning of last week was spent off plan. I've got just 2lbs left before I reach 2 stone lost, so looking forward to my next weigh in now!

I'm seeing some friends tonight who I haven't seen since I started losing weight, so excited to see if they notice the difference!

Claire x

Hi Claire,

fantastic job - well done hun! you'll get your 2st before you know it xxx

Back