Team Butterfly

i have a pic of me at every stone if thats helps anyone to see.

Thankyou sammy for that posting, it explains an awful lot about my weight, when i first started using weights. x

1.5lbs loss this week :) Good start to the month me thinks. Im off to my mums on Sunday for 2 weeks, where there will be lots of walking, DVD fitness, and no cakes and buscuits :)

Well done Kirsty!

Ive forced myself to stop weighing everyday hehe instead Im doing my weigh in day of Tuesday and then friday as thats more or less midway point in the week hehe just to make sure things are going in the right direction and so far so good.

Well done kirsty, my weight still hasn't changed, it's been 3 days now and i'm a wee bit concerned, i thought the weight dropped on vlcds. Anyhoo because of this, i've just ordered some Hi-Tech walking trainers, i was toying with the idea of the off balance trainers that tone up legs and bum but after reading reviews decided that walking normally for a couple of miles will be hard enough without having anything else to contend with ;)

I'm also going to stop weighing myself as i feel so deflated today, i'm even toying with the idea of eating a slice of cake just to see if it will kick start me losing again

Don't eat the cake Sparklebug!!!

You never know when you weigh yourself on weigh day your weight may all of a sudden drop. Please Please dont give up, I know you can do this. :) xx

Thanks kirsty, this is the first day i've felt really down about not losing any weight. I'll try and steer clear of cakes and it's only another hour before i have my first shake of the day :)

Dont feel disheartened Sparklebug! Read my post on page 2 about "over night gain" it works the same for staying the same weight.

Plus if you were doing more excercise you will be gaining more muscle, new muscle holds more water, so it could just be water. My weight stayed the same from Tuesday until Yesterday, then this morning I weigh myself and 2lbs gone, so Im stopping the daily weighing and am going to just do two a week.

have you had your first shake now sparklebug?

i agree that dailey weighing can be bad for you, and im so guilty of this. Now im going to weigh on Friday only x

Sparklebug dont weigh yourself everyday it will just put you off so many reasons why it goes up and down everyday especially in ladies. You've got what sammye said about muscle and water then you have our lovely pain in the backside hormones and believe me hormones can have a huge effect. Docs say weigh yourself once a month in normal situations and once a week if dieting. I know its hard. I know your not in my team and this isnt my forum but we are all loosing weight. Good luck sparklebug

Thanks ladies, i've decided to only weigh myself once a week as i was getting a tiny bit obsessed. I did fall off the wagon yesterday, i had a kitkat chunky, bakewell tart and 2 harvest bars, omg just reading it is bad. I went shopping and was really hot and as i got out of the car i thought my head was going to explode and i felt really light headed and faint. Anyhoo i got home and felt woozy so had the kitkat as i thought my blood sugar was low, anyhoo i then also had the tart after my salad and a midnight snack of harvest chewy bars.

I nearly gave up the vlcd last night as i felt that ill but i'm back on the wagon today and raring to go. The only naughty thing i may have is an ice cold coke as i'm digging out a large conifer and laurel today which is going to be hot, tiring work.

Thank you all for your support, without this forum and you ladies i would have given up days ago
e9619.gif

ps forgot to say the chocolate and bakewell were too sweet and i didn't enjoy them at all :)

Last edited:
Hehe that makes me laugh because I do that!! Im like yamming it in my face and then afterwards Im like... I didnt enjoy that... but I still ate it! Why... why did I do that if I didnt enjoy it... Im awful I cant walk away from food.

I had a slip last night and had a kid size milkyway... only like 60cals or something in the tiny size bar... so not too bad I still felt so guilty afterwards though.

Im sure digging out the tree's today in this heat will burn off some of what you ate yesterday so dont feel too bad.

Good luck x

I do that too. It's amazing that you can eat loads without even realising it.
I was a little bad yesterday, I ate a magnum, and did not quite realise how bad they were.
But I am back on it today, and I did do a lot of exercise yesterday so I am hoping that it will cancel itself out
My weigh in is on Thursdays, I have stayed the same this week, I can understand the need to weigh in everyday, I found it so hard not to as I was not happy that I stayed the same, as I tried so hard last week.
But I am exercising like mad so hopefully Thursday I will have lost something. :)

Good luck with the weigh in and i know you will already know (lol) but muscle weighs more than fat :)

I've been doing a lot of hard pysical work these past 2 days so i haven't really stuck to my vlcd as i wouldn't have had the strength to dig out the pond. But i'm not too worried, once the hard labour is over with i'll get back on the wagon. I've been very good though, no chocolate or cakes, just naughty iced cold coke and fruit :)

I hate to put a dampener on anything but Muscle doesnt weight more then fat it weighs the same. muscle is denser then fat so it takes up less space in the body which is how many get the slimline toned looks, it is also more metabolically active so it burns more calories per hour then fat, but it still weighs the same x

oh b*gger, i really shouldn't believe everything i hear :D sorry if i got people's hopes up ♥

How's your day been kirsty? did you have a good one? ♥

My official weigh in isn't till tomorrow, but I just sneaked onto the scales and it looks like i've lost 6lbs this week - I just hope it stays that way!

On a different matter - One of the families guinea pigs had babies overnight, they are soooooooo cute!

Hello!

My day yesterday wasnt bad. Im now at my mum and step dads for 2 weeks down in the south west. Its going to be a tricky two weeks, and when i weighed myself this morning on her scales, i had put on 8lbs over the weekend.. which just isnt possible. this is compared with my scales at home. I done a 4 mile walk this morning and my dailey workout. Im determined not to have put on weight over these 2 weeks.

If you take a inch of fat and a inch of muscle the inch muscle will wear more, but a pound is still a pound thats when measuring yourself comes into play. Also new muscle holds more water which can make you weigh in more, so if you have been working out a lot and your weight stays the same, it could be that you have lost a pound of fat but gained a pound of muscle, muscle is better then fat!

Even staying the same weight is better then gaining!

Keep on going ladies!

Evening butterflies, omg i'm not even going to tell you all how bad i've been, let's just say i've been bad, very bad. I'm determined to get back on the shake wagon tomorrow and my new walking trainers arrived today, shame it's going to piddle down over the next few days :(

Hopefully will have good news on my weigh in day on thursday to be honest i wouldn't place a bet on it!

Hope you're all well ♥♥♥

Back