Team Fairy!!!!

Hey all! Sorry, I'm back at work after half term - it's a bit crazy lol.

I had COMPLETELY forgotten about weekly losses - how dippy is that?!

I don't think Linda can receive PMs yet, so a Mass one would be tricky atm. How does everyone feel about email though? Then I can just forward it to you? Let me know...
So, hows everyone doing? I'm struggling a bit atm - I've gotten this MASSIVE appetite all of a sudden, I'm hungry the whole time!

Keep up the good work everyone, I think we're doing really well xx

I was wondering if there was a specific day of the week we should all weigh in like every Mon or Tues or Wed etc.

Maybe we could post our losses in this thread as we're all working together as a team!

Hey all! Sorry, I'm back at work after half term - it's a bit crazy lol.

Hey Izz (i hope you dont mind me calling you izz), are you a teacher? I am looking into working as a teaching assistant in primary schools and then maybe becoming a primary school teacher, still thinking about it though, lol.

I hope you've all had a good day xx :)

Ok, shall we make it easy and post our losses up here each Wednesday? I lost 2lbs last week, which makes up for the 1lb gain the week before! :D

If no one minds putting their losses on here after already sending them to me, that would be great, otherwise I'll pop them up tomorrow.

Hey Izz (i hope you dont mind me calling you izz), are you a teacher? I am looking into working as a teaching assistant in primary schools and then maybe becoming a primary school teacher, still thinking about it though, lol

Hey! Izz Is fine :) I work in a primary school as an assistant in the foundation base (pre-school and reception) And I also run the after school club. I know a few teachers who got in by being an assistant first, though I have to admit I've never asked them how you go about it.

It can be tricky getting an assistants post in the first place though, so its always worth volunteering at a local school. Sometimes you then find that if a position opens up they're more likely to consider you. Let me know if I can be any help, I love working with children - Its the staff and sometimes the parents which can make the job stressful!

So, I have an idea to get to know each other better, Everyone ask a question for everyone else to answer.

My question is:

"What do you all do for a living?" I've just said, so I don't have to answer again! :D

My loss between last wednesday and today is 6lbs :). I will weigh in again next wednesday.

Hey Izz, thanks for the advice. I think i will try to get an assistant job the way you mentioned because i should be volunteering in a primary school as an assistant from september. I might start a foundation degree at the same time too, not too sure though. I would like to be a teacher but i am more interested in childrens emotional well being and health as well as working with parents and families, so i will see what comes my way, lol.

My question is:

"What do you all do for a living?" I've just said, so I don't have to answer again! :D

I am usually a volunteer/student but i have taken some time out due to health reasons. Hope to pick things up come septemeber :)

My question is:

What is your star sign??
(i know its abit simple)

xx

My loss is 4lbs.

I'm a trainee vet nurse, not officially training yet though -___-. Considering going for jobs at zoos though since I think i'd be happier in a job like that.

My star sign is Gemini.

Hmmm.... Trying to think of a question...

What music is everyone into?? I love metal :) Rammstein is my fave band :D

HELLO?? IS ANYONE OUT THEEEEERRRE???

hehe, I can hardly comment, I've been gone too!

My star sign is Cancer/ Leo (i'm a bit of a freak, born on the cusp!)

I love music I can sing to, anything catchy, be it Nickleback or Disney :D

Hi y'all

been busy here also - work very busy just now. I'm an enterprise architect - basically I work with Businesses to understand their strategy, then define IT strategy to support that and design systems to then handover to the IT guys to build.

Music lover here also. I get such funny looks cos I just love hip-hop - a bit weird for a nearly 50 year old.

I'm Aquarius and fit the bill exactly - bit unconventional etc.

Hope you are all doing well.

Will post my weight loss on Wednesday.

Hi all, sorry i haven't been posting. I have been so busy and only get a few minutes to go on the PC.

I hope you're all doing well with your weightloss. I'm doing ok, still finding it difficult to resist the watermelon, lol. But i am looking at the bigger picture with my weightloss and its giving me the motivation to be strong and succeed.

So how are you all? Is the weather where you are as miserable as where i live :(. I want sunshine and the sound of children playing outside and the smell of BBQs. Let hope its just around the corner, lol.

By the way, my star sign is Sagittarius and my favourite music is RnB as well as abit of instrumental for relaxation and upbeat music for the gym, lol. But like Izzy, i also sing along to anything, especially disney, lol.

I have another question: What are your Top 5 Favourite Movies? :) xx

Hey all, I'm gonna post up my weight today cos I don't think I'll get chance tomorrow. I STS this week :(

Never mind, I'm feeling MUCH more motivated now, especially now I got a Wii fit! :D

Linda, your job sounds really "grown up" and complicated, you must be really clever to do that sort of thing, I wouldn't know where to start!

Aw, Maybe, how much longer till you can gorge on watermelon?! You've got me eating the stuff, I'd sorta forgotten about it till you reminded me! The only thing is my local Tesco only sell them whole, and they're REALLY heavy and hard to store. Just eat them quicker lol. Sorry, I'll stop talking about it now, you'll want to hit me! (with a watermelon) :)

Favourite mooovies.. Erm, *thinks*
1. Mamma mia
2 Zoolander
3. Beauty and the beast
4 Marley and me
5. Sex and the city

Yeah, theres a light and fluffy theme, no I don't care! My OH made me watch saw once. I still have nightmares. That creepy clown dude and then when the bloke saws his leg off. NO THANK YOU. I'll take my Disney film next door :)

Oh, and when he brought home 28 weeks later, I spent the film mentally stacking our furniture against the front door. TRUE story. :D :D

Hey hun, i can't watch scray movies either, they give me really vivid, stuck in a dream kinda nightmares. I watched '28 Days Later' once and i couldn't sleep the whole night, i just keep thinking i was seeing things moving in the room out the corner of my eye, lol.

I just finished watching the 'Italian Job' on E4. I prefered the old version but i loved the minis in this version. I really want a red mini with white stripes, either that or a VW Beetle in black, yellow or red. I love the old Minis and Beetles too, they're so vintage. But my brothers and sister don't get vintage like i do and they won't let me get one, lol.

I managed to resist the watermelon today. It gave me an itchy scratchy feeling at the back of my throat when i last had it, so it put me off it, lol. I'm making sure that i am 100% with my diet because i'm am so eager to make something of my life and i know it sounds silly but my weight stands in my way alitte. Anyone else feel the same?

I think my weightloss for this week will be STS too. Its that time of the month for me and i feel like a whale, lol. But i'l post my weight tmrw.

I cant think of my top 5 fav movies right now, so i'll post them later.

I best get going, i am so tired and should have been in bed 2 hours ago, lol.

I hope you're all well and everything is going well with the dieting. I look forward to hearing from you all.

Speak soon xx

Hi everyone. Hope you're all well. Weight loss another 2 Ibs for me YAY!

Issy, job is a grown up one and I HATE it with a passion. The only reason is I do it these days is because the salary very good. My passion is baking cakes and I really do think I'm ready to do the farmers market tour.

I just love movies, my fav past-time.

My favourites are:-
1. Moonstruck (Cher was in it. Just soooooo love this film)
2. The Birds (yup, the old Hitchcock Classic)
3. Groundhog Day (Bill Murray)
4. Silence of the Lambs (mmmm, a nice Chianti)
5. UP (new Disney and think it will be a classic)

So, if you had a lazy day in your PJs, what would you watch? Me, I'm a saddo because I would watch Food shows back to back all day is I could. I collect cookery books and have dozens. It's no wonder I have to lose weight :)
speak later
Linda x

Hi all, i STS this week too, so i'm still 13stones 2lbs. Hopefully i will have a good loss next week.

Linda, i love to bake too. I love watching 'Ace of Cakes' & 'Cake Boss', just can't get enough, lol. If you love baking i think you should go for it and make it into a career. Start off small and then go from there. My younger sister loves to bake and i keep encouraging her to make it into a career but shes not too sure.

A lazy day in PJs would probably be a day of readng books. But with TV, i think it would be Friends all day or Ace of Cakes or Goks Fashion Fix.

I still cant think of my Top 5 films and i asked the question, lol. So i'm going to post my Top 10 because i just cant decide on 5 (feel free to add more to your list if you want, lol).

Here are my Top 10 (in no particular order):
  • Transformers
  • 10 Things i Hate About You
  • The Devil Wears Prada
  • Miss Congeniality
  • Amelie
  • The Notebook
  • Speed
  • The Shawshank Redemption
  • Finding Nemo
  • A Beautiful Mind
I also like films with Nicolas Cage, Russell Crowe and i absolutely love Sandra Bullock. Shes my fav actress and i think shes stunning. I also love all the Harry Potter films and all dance films like Honey, Save The Last Dance, Flashdance, Step Up & You Got Served.

I think that was abit more than 10 films, lol.

xx :)

Lordy, I must come up to the challenge board more often.

Hello ladies :D

I havent posted anything up yet in terms of loss but I have been reporting to Izzy. Last week was 1/2 lb and this week was 4.

Im a Scorpio, my favourite music is Abba, Pink, pop, and camp disco.

Favourite films...

Airplane! - watched this a million times and it never gets old.
Anchorman - ditto.

and my shoe size is a 9, but it might be nearly an 8. :D

Hey girlies, guess what?! I just weighed myself and I'm down 3lbs :D hehehe, thought I'd share with my team :)

How are we all today? It's friday at loooooooong last... any plans?

I'm a football widow tonight, so it'll be the wii fit while he's at the pub.

Hey girlies, guess what?! I just weighed myself and I'm down 3lbs :D hehehe, thought I'd share with my team :)

Well done Izzy, thats a fab loss :).

I hope you're all having a nice weekend. Mines boring as usual, just catching up on my reading and some shopping.

xx

My loss was 1lb for last week.

I'll post my loss for this week now since ill probably forget to on weds (I weigh in on sundays). Another lb gone. Thought i was going to sts or gain so im happy :)

-4lb this week girls! Have pmed Izzy with the updated weight.

Well done hun :). Thats a great loss, you should be very proud of yourself :).

I have lost weight this week too, but i will post tmrw morning as i see that as my Weight-in day.

I hope you're all having a lovely day and your doing well with the dieting :) xx

Last edited:
Back