Team GB (Great Body!)

Hiya!

I'm Natalie, I've successfully completed CD twice since 2007. The first time I lost 4.5 stone and got down to just under 10 stone. I maintained until 2009 when pregnancy foiled it! I then crept back up to 14.8 in two years. Last year I went down to 10.12 ( well at Christmas) using CD and all was well until I started to fall off the wagon spectacularly. I'm now struggling with day 5 of a restart too! Do you weigh in on Saturday's? Last week I was over 13 stone. How depressing. So I'm hoping to be in the 12s this week. Even if it's 12.12! It's hard for the weight to fall off me initially because I have pcos and insulin resistance so my body fights me all the way!

My goal is 9 7 too. Hopefully this side of chrimbo!

Hiyaa girls:)

Thank you soo much for the lovely welcome:) . Well done for your earlier loses:) just stick to it, and hopefully in a few month time we will all be happy with our looks and new bodies.

Bettiesrevenge, yes i will have my weigh ins saturday, I hope i have lost a lot, as i have been really good hehe, to keep up the motivation.
I actually go to the gym, did it before i started the gym and just took a break the first 3 days and started again yesterday. I must admit it was a bit hard, but i tried to listen to my body. Do you guys do that?, as i read somewhere that it can actually slow down your weight loss .
But i did last time i was on CD as well and it worked for me, so I try to be postive about:cool:

I am actually losing weight to be happy with myself, but also as a surprise to my husband, as i normally live in Denmark, and at the moment i am staying i Liverpool on holiday. He doesn't know that i am on the diet and I am hoping to be about 1stone and half lighter when i see him again in 4 1/2 weeks time.....:D

What is your motivation for dieting?

Lauren I know its a joy to have a child, at least until they wake you up in middle of the night and demand milk and playtime 2clock in the morning:eek: lol,

I'm so much better at this when I've got in mind the reasons I'm doing it. I'm not sure at the moment why I'm doing it.. i mean.. there are loads of reasons: to feel fit and healthy, to BE fit and healthy, to live a longer life free from illness and discomfort so I can enjoy everything that life has to offer! .. I'd like to be able to chuck out my old big clothes and trust that I'll not need them again.. I'd like to run along the beach without even thinking about my body but just thinking about the people I'm with and the fun we're having......

There are so many reasons.. and yet I think I do better when I simply focus on ONE which is singing out to me and none of them are really singing out at the mo.. or at least they weren't until I started this message :)

How's your weekend going?

I completely fell off the wagon last night and now I feel dreadful! I don't know which bit is worst.. the regret or the difficulty today now that I'm not in ketosis and have to put in the extra effort :(

This is my journey for me.. so I don't understand why I put things in my mouth that I don't even like?? Arg.. it's like being an alcoholic :( it wasn't even nice food.. or healthy.. didn't even look or taste appetizing. :( i was needing something. I don't know what. Many years ago it would have been smoking. Maybe I was bored at the party but couldn't allow myself to be.... not sure..?

I get it! Someone here introduced me to brain over binge. It's a but heavy weather but it makes sense. You don't want to eat rubbish, but your animal brain is somehow connected to the urge to eat. It's a powerful primeval, survival signal. But you can ignore it. You feel the sensation and recognise that it's your " it" demanding you stimulate it with crap. You can then rationalise. Put up the stop sign and say no thanks. I'll go and get sone air / drink some water/ talk to myself in the bathroom mirror, whathaveyou!

I've been doing that this last week and guess what. I've lost 4lbs finally!

Brilliant br! The more I did it the more I lost sight of the need to stop.. i stopped caring which ultimately is the same as saying that I stopped caring about myself... only for the evening... and I guess I was caring about myself in other ways.. making sure I was saying the right things and having a nice time... it's like I had too much for my little Eyore brain to handle all at once :)

hiyaa girls:)

I completely understand what you girls mean. I also tasted some food yesterday, :(( and i don't even know why. I wasn't hungry or anything, I just needed some food:( I don't know if I am off ketosis now, but i hope it didn't do too much damage. I had my weigh in yesterday, and actually lost 13pounds, I was soo happy, so i don't understand why i tried to wreck it.

however well done bettiesrevenge for actually sticking to the diet and achieving results:) Enough lets try our best again, and maybe just write in here or take a walk or something when the cravings start.

how do you know you are off ketosis? how do you determine that?

Sounds like a great plan! I'm at the inlaws for the weekend And we decided not to tell them so it's all very tricky..
i can't know for sure about ketosis but i never feel hungry in ketosis so it's no effort. And my OH tells me that my breathe smells odd.. and the bathroom smells really sweet when I've had a pee :)

well then maybe you do it for all of the reasons, and try to picture the skinny you, running in the beach, :)

How long are you gonna stay with your in-laws? I am defo not feeling hungry, and Im kinda energetic, so I hope that means ketosis :)

I think thats ketosis alright!

Did you say you are staying in Liverpool?

Today HAS to be a better day :) I'm back on the wagon today and so far I'm doing fine :)

Great weekend but next time I'm with a bunch of people I'll just bite the bullet and tell them I'm doing Cambridge instead of attempting the impossible!

Today is the first day of the rest of our lives and I'm going to treat my body with respect. I've only got one body and once it's gone then I'm gone so I'm determined to treat it well :)

hello ladies, sounds like we have all had are good and bad days so far on our journeys! i have a poorly little boy unfortunatly so had no sleep and no energy therfore slipping into eating rubbish its never a big binge just something here and there but it seriously messes up my weight loss past few weeks have been 1lb losses each time i came away dissapointed telling myself right im gonna be so determined this week and make it a good 3/4lb loss to go and weigh with another 1lb loss the following week...so annoyed but its me thats doing it no one else. how can i be this unhappy with how i look and have such low esteem i know i need to do this...yet wheres the determination?? :(

LaurenLouise89 said:
hello ladies, sounds like we have all had are good and bad days so far on our journeys! i have a poorly little boy unfortunatly so had no sleep and no energy therfore slipping into eating rubbish its never a big binge just something here and there but it seriously messes up my weight loss past few weeks have been 1lb losses each time i came away dissapointed telling myself right im gonna be so determined this week and make it a good 3/4lb loss to go and weigh with another 1lb loss the following week...so annoyed but its me thats doing it no one else. how can i be this unhappy with how i look and have such low esteem i know i need to do this...yet wheres the determination?? :(

Lauren I feel your pain, I've not slept a night for 3 years. My daughter isn't a sleeper. She's a hyper! It makes it sooo difficult.

I've had to go to bed as soon as she does to stop me binging on crap.

You will get there!

Hiyaa girls:) How are you all coming along? I hope you all had some good days. I have had some good ones, got my weigh in here on Friday and hope to see that the efforts paid off and that my slip up earlier this week haven't effected the weight loss.Lauren I hope your son is better:)

is he feeling better Lauren?

I'm setting myself a new action plan because I had a wobble at the weekend... and you know what they say: if you keep wobbling, you'll keep wobbling :)

X

Hiyaa beautiful girls:)

I hope you are all well and looking forward to the weekend.
I had my weigh in today and I lost 6pound, total weight loss now 20 pounds, 1 1/2 stone:)

Sahra said:
Hiyaa beautiful girls:)

I hope you are all well and looking forward to the weekend.
I had my weigh in today and I lost 6pound, total weight loss now 20 pounds, 1 1/2 stone:)

Amazing! Well done you!

This week I lost 2lb. So that's 6 in total and I'm now 12 13 finally! Just need to stay focused this week...

How many weeks is it now?

Hi Folks!

I've decided to take a break from Cambridge for a bit - I LOVE Cambridge, and I LOVE you guys and the support of this place - it's time to take a bit of a break whilst I work out what to do. I've had a combination of events in the last week which has knocked me off balance, out of ketosis and although I've tried to get back into it, I need a longer running jump to get back in the zone, so I'll be back, but in the short term I'm going to leave this group for now.. Wishing you all well..

Could you look out for people in:
http://www.minimins.com/cd-teams/62...s-your-team-have-vacancy-if-so-post-here.html
and invite someone to take my place in this team? Each team can have six people. I really hope everyone carries on supporting each other, and you have some interesting people coming along.

All the best with your journey - You CAN keep the strength and get to your goal. I'm going to take a little longer to get there than you but I imagine you'll be standing at the finishing line to cheer me on when I get there :)

Good Morning guys!

We have a new member: vjs167 - :welcome2:

This is a lovely team with mutual support..

This might be a good time for everyone to introduce themselves again a little and say how they're doing?

In the meantime, as you know, I'm taking a break from Cambridge, so it wouldn't make sense for me to stay in the group for now.. when I come back afresh I'll see if you have any places at that time, but for now I must be going... you can have a maximum of 6 members in any team so feel free to advertise...

Sahra, bettiesrevenge, Lauren, you've been lovely - thank you - and I'll "see" you again soon

x

Back