Team GB (Great Body!)

Ooh that's really nice... funny how we both still choose black though. Too ingrained in the psyche I guess to change just yet.
Could you knit it for yourself? I'm left handed and I learned to knit mirroring my mum, so everything sort of goes a bit backwards and looks like something the cat's been playing with :-(
I'm so envious of anybody with skills enough to do anything crafty... I can build walls, lay floors and change light fittings etc, but I struggle to do anything more than sew a button on - the guy who invented Wundaweb is my hero LOL!

xxx

oooh don't know wundaweb.. I'm going to go off and explore... I can knit something really small.. but even a scarf is more than I can do - mainly because I knit slightly too tight so it hurts my fingers so I give up, and partly because the bigger the item, the more chance there is that I'll make a mistake and not know how to fix it! :)

I still like to try though.. I have a knitting bag with wool and needles and I get it out and knit a small item from time to time.. usually starting and restarting before I complete the thing I'm making - means more wool than others might need, but that's ok... home made items made with love are worth the extra ball of wool :)

Day four today - can't believe it's day four already.. I'm going to have to get up ten minutes earlier every work day because I need the porridge and ten mins on here, and that wasn't factored in to my old schedule..

How are you all today?

x

How are you finding the weekend? I find weekdays much easier I've discovered!

Hi girls,

i dont particularly mind weekends if im staying in its more if i go out shopping- smells of food, other people eating and coffee shops! aghh. ive made a point of trying really hard not to buy much junk food for the house but unfortunatly i cant not buy anything like biscuits etc as i have a small boy who would be very dissapointed lol

i also bought a dress to 'slim in to' ahem...over a year ago! lol hmm. i love it so much though thats why i hadnt bared to part with it and im glad i didnt as hopefully this time i WILL slim into it. i first saw it on leighton meester (blair waldorf from gossip girl if any of you have watched it before) she wore it to a 'white party' and i had to google it, turns out it was a marc jacobs 'joelle' dress- cannot wait to fit into it :) heres the link if it works! never put a pic on before dunno if you can just post links.

http://img2.timeinc.net/instyle/images/2008/GALLERY/08/082808_meester2_300x400.jpg

xx

Hi all

Please can I join in - I'm currently on Day 6 SS and have about 10 stone to lose so my thin dress is a while away get but when I get there I would definately be rocking a Hervé Léger bandage style dress :)

stokegal you will get there sooner than you think if you stick with it and put the hard work in there so many inspirational weight losses on here you can do it :) also welcome to join more the merrier xx

Hello! This looks like the place for me, closet fashionista's ahoy!

I'm going to have to give some thought to my ensemble since I'm mostly busting out of everything I previously slimmed in to! I've had the shopping fear, which is most unlike me.

I need to update my stats but I'm nudging 13 stone and at 5 5, that's not a good look. Easpecially since its mostly on my front. I look utterly pregnant, which is frightening since my daughter was 3 last week.

I'm back on SS as of today raring to go. Well sort of, if I was not obsessively thinking about chocolate.

So.... Can I tag along. I'm fun, honest ;)

Great to have you on board Team GB! :) I've woken up late and I'm going canoe-ing (sp?) due there at 9.30 - aaah... so got to run - catch up later - what are you doing today?

x

Is there any more places left ?

i didnt no you only had certain amount of places? i didnt make this time i think 'enough' did im sure she will reply when shes home :) bettiesrevenge im also 5'5 started at 14st know what you mean about looking pregnant all my weight is my tummy my arms, legs and hips measure 'tiny' according to my consultant its all on my front :( having a crap week havnt lost anything weirdly when a few days ago i was weighing a 3lb loss now this morning its showing no loss grrr seriously thinking of going back to basic SS as im on SS+ at min but im just not loosing it quick enough for my liking xx

Hello there!

I just scanned the stats on people's posts and I think a few of us are in this ball park. Its a hideous place to be. I am defo one of those at risk of heart disease. My waist is over 32inches. Mind you I am in proportion (I have rather prominent boobs and booty) I think I am 43, 34, 43 at the moment. My problem is my "joey" the pouch of skin hanging below my belly button. I can store my mobile phone, a lippy and my car keys in that thing, so it saves on handbags, I guess.

I have a diary dating back to last year (its now over on silver members) and I have been reading through it. I have had a sh*t year, that's for sure. I did really well in 2011, between may and August I lost most of my weight, then got back to what I would call "comfortable" hovering between 10 12 and 11 stone. Then post Christmas my father in law took ill. My nan took ill. Both died and I went into consultation in work at risk of redundancy - low and behold, my old coping mechanisms came back and my sugar addition took a firm hold of me.

So here I am...looking for peeps to kick my butt!

Anyway...back to you. Being old hat at this, I would hazard a guess that you could be a)bunged up or b) retaining water. Have you had anything salty? I also would avoid milk on SS+ go for almond milk if you need to. But watch the calories i think its quite high. The other thing is, check your portion control. This diet (I have learned) is pretty biochemical. There is some science behind it. If you don't follow it to the letter, you will have a variation on the results. Follow it to the letter and you will be amazed. (says she who has already been a tad naughty today)

Anyway - off to cure my boredom with real housewives of Beverly hills. I think I have become addicted. Hopefully my husband will get up before the day is over, but I am not holding my breath (we was working late last night).

Natalie x

Hi Guys!!

I'm back from canoeing and I'm knackered!! :D It was great!! chopped up a bar and had bits all the way along so my blood sugar levels never dropped too low.

We now have the following members:

MsJMC
Laurenlouise89
Lisalollipop13909
Bettiesrevenge
Stokegal
Redhead66
Enough

I reckon we can all stay :D ..it's officially supposed to be a max of 6, but that was in the old days when we had competitions and stuff, so it mattered to people a lot more back then (because our competition score was affected by how many people were losing weight)..

I'd love to see the teams back up and running like that again, so I'm hoping more people will come and join the teams in time...

In the meantime, I think we'll be great as a merry band of seven :) And if any more want to come and join us, I'll help them set up a team of their own (if they need help).. and then hopefully we'll start to flourish again :)

Sooo... where's everyone up to with their weight loss?

I'm in my first week of my third time with Cambridge.. the first time (2009) I went down from 17 stone, then last time I was only doing a brief spell before a big holiday and I went down from 14.7 stone. This time I'm hoping to complete my journey and reach 9.7 stone. I don't know if I will, and if I don't that's fine too... it will have taken me a little closer so I'll be happy :)

Hope you've had a fab bank holiday (assuming you're in the UK)..

x

My goal is 9 7 too! Is that a mean average of uk women or something? I also love water sports! Is that new for you or regular?

I guess we should all nail our colours to the post. I have 3.5 stone to loose. Sounds a lot, but I did it before ( lost that much) I'm hoping to get it off in 12 weeks. This diet is great for the first 12 weeks, previously I found after that it gets hard to stay focused. So I need to keep my fitness up because I want to introduce food after then. I just plan to do circuit training 3 times a week and pilates 2.

What's everyone elses plan?

yeah - I'm not sure I'll get all the way to 9.7 in the 12 weeks bettiesrevenge, but I'm hoping to get close.. maybe to 10.7 and then have a "round 4" (ding ding!) around Christmas time (If I do it over Christmas it's might make me feel really good about myself when I'd normally be over doing it and feeling down on myself for eating things that I really don't want to be putting in my body)... haven't quite decided yet - I guess it depends on how things go over the next 12 weeks... that'll be the 14th November... it still feels quite a long way off in many ways.. anything could happen......... but we should have a cracking bonfire night :D

Hi Guys!!

I'm back from canoeing and I'm knackered!! :D It was great!! chopped up a bar and had bits all the way along so my blood sugar levels never dropped too low.

We now have the following members:

MsJMC
Laurenlouise89
Lisalollipop13909
Bettiesrevenge
Stokegal
Redhead66
Enough

I reckon we can all stay :D ..it's officially supposed to be a max of 6, but that was in the old days when we had competitions and stuff, so it mattered to people a lot more back then (because our competition score was affected by how many people were losing weight)..

I'd love to see the teams back up and running like that again, so I'm hoping more people will come and join the teams in time...

In the meantime, I think we'll be great as a merry band of seven :) And if any more want to come and join us, I'll help them set up a team of their own (if they need help).. and then hopefully we'll start to flourish again :)

Sooo... where's everyone up to with their weight loss?

I'm in my first week of my third time with Cambridge.. the first time (2009) I went down from 17 stone, then last time I was only doing a brief spell before a big holiday and I went down from 14.7 stone. This time I'm hoping to complete my journey and reach 9.7 stone. I don't know if I will, and if I don't that's fine too... it will have taken me a little closer so I'll be happy :)

Hope you've had a fab bank holiday (assuming you're in the UK)..

x

Indeed! Sounds so simple . 4lbs a week doesn't it? More like 3 or 2 probably!

I have a mini goal of 25 lb in 6 weeks! Arch! Can I do it? I'm off to see my family in turkey then and I've got to lose 2 stoneish because otherwise the heat will really get me down.

well i started on 14st my consultant thinks 10st 7 would be appropriate but to be honest i dont think ill stop there depending how i feel id really like to be atleast an even 10st so thats 4 stone to loose ahh sounds soo much :( im told if i average 3-4lb loss a week ill reach the 10st 7lb around mid november so i guess my goal is be slim and happy for christmas and go to all the xmas partys in some fitted glittery numbers lol! xx

Hi All

I would kill to be just 14 stone again!!!! From the posts I have a few stone to catch up with you but this just mens that my losses should be bigger (theres a positive spin on everything!!)

Bettiesrevenge - 25lb in 6 weeks is achievable, I can see in your signature that you are SS-ing, is everyone here SSing?

Lauren - Oooh Xms Glittery dresses sound fab - I have been looking at topshop tonight to see what clothes i can wear when I am thin as I havent fitted in there for years :)

Enough - Canoeing just sounds tiring without actually doing it :)

Weigh Loss wise - I have alwys fluctuated around the 14 - 15 stone mark, this increased to 16 stone after I had my son in 2009 then gradually increased as I started CD in Jan 2010 at 17stone 12lb, got down to 14 stone 8lb for a holiday to Egypt, messed around for the next 18 months and ended up 19 stone 9lb!!! Horrific number and rather than hide away from it as I have done previously I have this strange sense of determination - like I could actually do it this time

So the plan now is SSing till Xmas - my Xmas goal is 14 stone 13lb (just want to be under 15 stone again!!!) then want to finish off at 9 stone 13lb (again just to be under 10 stone) for my birthday next May

When is everyone's WI day?

How has everyone's Bank Holiday been? It has done nothing but rain today so I had a very productive day batch cooking for my partner and son for the next month all of his meals can now just be reheated and I dont hve to think about food again until the end of September - If I left the cooking to my partner it woud be cardboard pizza and micro chips every night, so at least I can ensure they are getting some proper food :) We went to Alton Towers on Sunday, partly as we have annual passes and only live 20 minutes away but also because I wanted some "fun" exercise walking round. It was ridculously busy, there ws 60 minute + queues for most things so we only stayed a couple of hours in the childrns area and then came away. I was very good though and took my shake and had that whilst partner and son had sandwiches and crisps :)

We can do this!! Through the good days and the more difficult days...... we'll be pleased with how we're feeling come Christmas..

For me it's the long term... I'm hoping to learn to an active fit busy life without the need to comfort eat.. and learn to like myself and have compassion for myself... to care about myself and if I'm feeling tired, upset, guilty, bored, irritated, sad, lonely, anxious, I'll comfort myself and find helpful ways to be kind to myself and help myself feel better.... and then in time, I'll hopefully feel these things less often..... that's my aim :)

soo... by the new year I'll be healthier, more active, more relaxed, like myself more ,and have a great new body to go with the great new attitude :)

..that's my aim... and it's going to take work for me to get there... I'll glad you guys are up for us all supporting each other

Have a good Tuesday! (I keep thinking it's Monday!)

x

Enough said:
We can do this!! Through the good days and the more difficult days...... we'll be pleased with how we're feeling come Christmas..

For me it's the long term... I'm hoping to learn to an active fit busy life without the need to comfort eat.. and learn to like myself and have compassion for myself... to care about myself and if I'm feeling tired, upset, guilty, bored, irritated, sad, lonely, anxious, I'll comfort myself and find helpful ways to be kind to myself and help myself feel better.... and then in time, I'll hopefully feel these things less often..... that's my aim :)

soo... by the new year I'll be healthier, more active, more relaxed, like myself more ,and have a great new body to go with the great new attitude :)

..that's my aim... and it's going to take work for me to get there... I'll glad you guys are up for us all supporting each other

Have a good Tuesday! (I keep thinking it's Monday!)

x

Amen, sister!

I found two books really helped me last time, geneen Roth why weight and the beck diet solution. They are both cognitive behaviour based. They talk about self esteem and self destruction. Great if you can continue past all lifes obstacles!

Just joined the Cambridge diet so this is my first day. Porridge was horrible but the chocolate chewy bar was quite nice!! How tough is this going to be?!

Back