Team Halloween

Money-penny

I'm setting myself the goal of losing 2 and a half stone by Halloween starting from August 1st. Anyone fancy joining me for this? Your target doesn't have to be 2 1/2stone, it can be different to mine if you wish!

Fed up of going out on Halloween wearing tents while everyone else is wearing slinky little costumes stockings and suspenders, and also having to source my costume online since fancy dress outfitters only seem to go up to a 14, 16 at most and it's a tad embarassing when these sizes are referred to as XL and XXL (maybe they are but it does nothing for your self esteem to have a shop assistant call these sizes out in front of a shop full of your peers!)

This year is gonna be different! Who's with me? :) x

Hi ya!!

Can I join?
After a few rocky weeks I am back on track and need something that is going to keep me motivated!

Not sure of exact weight at the minute but will have wi on Tuesday so can update then.

Aim would be to loose at least 1 stone for Halloween.

Hi ya!!

Can I join?
After a few rocky weeks I am back on track and need something that is going to keep me motivated!

Not sure of exact weight at the minute but will have wi on Tuesday so can update then.

Aim would be to loose at least 1 stone for Halloween.

Sure thing! There seem to be lots of groups aiming for Christmas but it seems sooooo far away lol. Since Halloween is closer and I have a short attention span I figure it's a better target to aim for hehe.

Same as myself, hoping that this keeps me motivated as I really need something to kick me up the ass.

Will update with current weight after weigh in tomorrow!

Starting tomorrow an even 13 stone.
Want to loose a stone for Halloween!

Hi everyone can i join in please.I ve been off the rails for a few months now really and need some motivation to get me on track again.I had lost 3 and a half stone since last sept up until march/april then found i lost some,put some on! Now im back to the late 13s so that means ive put about a stone or so back on!!!Gutting! I will weigh properly saturday morning as this is my official WI day and let u know the dreaded weight.Id like to lose 2 stone as theres 13 WIs till halloween.Do- able i reckon lol ! i ve started jogging aswell so hoping this will help!

Course you can chill11, welcome to Team Halloween :) I had my group weigh in today so I'm taking that figure as my start weight.

Have lost 11.5lbs so far with SW so hoping to keep the momentum going by setting myself this goal!

Will update with my loss every thursday from now on :)

Going to start swimming from tomorrow as it fits in easily with work, when I'm off I'm planning to go for long walks.

Hi ladies,right had my WI today and i ve lost a couple of pounds this week so starting off the challenge at 13st 9lb.Hoping to lose 2 stone in 12 weeks....eekk! Shall i start off a list then we can just add our names to it and copy and paste it each week and change our weights? Good luck x

Chill11 28lb to lose 0lb lost 28 to go

Ooh, Id like to join team Halloween!! I'd like to aim for 1st 10lbs for then. Not sure if that is do-able?!! Love Halloween-second fav time of the year after Christmas!!

Ooh, Id like to join team Halloween!! I'd like to aim for 1st 10lbs for then. Not sure if that is do-able?!! Love Halloween-second fav time of the year after Christmas!!

Welcome Tayberry :) Sure thing, just aim for what you're comfortable with and if you or anyone else wants to adjust their targets between now and halloween you're more than welcome to do so :)

Just popped along to report a 2.5lb loss :)

Money-penny said:
Welcome Tayberry :) Sure thing, just aim for what you're comfortable with and if you or anyone else wants to adjust their targets between now and halloween you're more than welcome to do so :)

Just popped along to report a 2.5lb loss :)

Oooooh, well done!! Chuffed to blazes about being part of Team Halloween!! Lost 4lbs last week so that's the start of this new goal!!

Have been on track and on plan 100%.

Weigh in Tuesday and fingers crossed for a 2lb loss!

Hope everyone else is doing well!!

sleepymum said:
Have been on track and on plan 100%.

Weigh in Tuesday and fingers crossed for a 2lb loss!

Hope everyone else is doing well!!

Good luck! I stuck to plan 100%, not premenstrual, not constipated(!!) and drinking plenty-stayed the bloody same. Bahhh.

Fingers crossed you will see it next week. I often find that it may take a week for it to show up

1lb down. Bit disappointed, but at least its going in the right direction.

Aiming for 1.5lb down for next week!

Don't be disheartened sleepymum, a lb is still a fair amount of weight it just sounds little - I work in a job where people often order goods in lbs (even though all our stuff is in kg so I'm forever doing maths) and I'm always amazed at how many people order a pound of say, sliced ham or turkey or cheese without realising just how much that is and how much it would cost.

I sometimes ask if they are completely sure and they look at me like I'm an idiot and say "yes of course" ... then when you have approximately 1lb of something sliced and put it on the scales to show them they gasp in horror and say they don't want that much/costs too much - in my head I'm dying to say "told you so" lol

To put it in context think about a 1kg bag of sugar - that's 2.2lbs, 0.5kg is 1.1lbs so 1lbs is 454g. Dealing with the weights in work helps me a bit when I think "aw only 0.5lb off this week" as I'm able to feel how heavy that weight is and see it in different forms and different volumes all day long.

Go to your cupboard and dig out a bag of flour or sugar, empty half of it out and then feel the weight of the remainder, that's how much you've lost! Every little bit of weight that is no longer on your body is helping you towards your goal on your weightloss journey.

And even if you don't lose that much/any weight, there's a good chance that you will have lost inches from somewhere on your person :) Chin up!

Thanks for that.

Your right. And a loss is a loss, better off than on...lol

Back