Team Skinny Ultimate Goal Challenge

Hi all, I weigh in on Thursdays - 2lbs off this week- hooray! Only 7 pounds til 9st :D

RawrGirl (0 lbs down, 16lbs to go)
Greta (2lbs down, 5lbs to go)
Clanger72 (4lbs down, 3lbs to go)
Nettee (1lb down, 6lbs to go)
Squishy (0lb down, 9.6lb to go)
XJ-esX (0lb down, 5lbs to go)
BerryBerry (2lb down, 5lbs to go)

Well done that's amazing!

RawrGirl (0 lbs down, 16lbs to go)
Greta (0lbs down, 7lbs to go)

Back to it today.... and I am glugging water for the first time in a month or so. No more diet coke for me!

Welcome back!

Cold wet miserable day here so all I want to do is get cosy and stuff my face with chocolate. Rice cakes it is...! :(

Howling at ' chins up ' :D

Ugh at rice cakes. They are mildly more bearable when coated in chocolate.

I am off to have lunch. Salad with cottage cheese and quorn. OH YEAH BABY

And.... I look at your stats and think you are INSANE and you are slim and you don't need to be depriving yourself.

But I cannot apply the logic to myself.

Weird isn't it?

Err...yum..peaches. Just as yummy as chocolate I'm sure.

I'd like to be able to answer that Clanger in a way that didn't use the words ' hormonal/period due/heavy meal the night before etc etc ' but I can't. It's damn annoying.

GretaGrip said:
I'd like to be able to answer that Clanger in a way that didn't use the words ' hormonal/period due/heavy meal the night before etc etc ' but I can't. It's damn annoying.

I don't suffer with totm or hormonal fluctuations (god bless my coil) & I've been super good with my food this week so no idea why or how & i guess none of us will ever be able to comprehend it!

GretaGrip said:
Could you possibly accept your weight as it is? It's a healthy weight for your height.

Yes & no. I know I'm a healthy weight for my height and i look & feel ok at this weight but I'm worried about maintaining it. I'd feel happier if i could reach 8st 10ish which would give me a few pounds to play with. I gained 7lbs over xmas, now whether it was water weight, food weight or just bloat it made a massive difference to how i looked and felt so this is the reasoning behind my wanting a 'buffer zone'. Does all that make sense or am i bordering on insanity?? :)

Totally makes sense to RawrGirl...she wants one as well: 122-129. And at the beginning of Christmas next year, she is going to aim for as close to 122 (or even a little lower) as she can, to try and not ever get over 129 again. :)

So RawrGirl weighed in today: 133 (actually 133.4, but she hasn't been to the loo yet so she is just rounding down). So 10 days after 10 day holiday, she is still up 4 pounds. She guesses that's not too bad, though it means she will have to lose almost 3 pounds a week for the next 4 weeks to make it to 122 by February 9th. O how she she wishes her church had made their valentines banquet Valentines weekend. Grrr. O well. It is what it is. RawrGirl is quite happy to be under 135. :)

RawrGirl (5 lbs down, 11lbs to go)
Greta (0lbs down, 7lbs to go)

Yes to buffer zones! Unfortunately I have no idea what mine will be yet. I want to get down to 131 first and take it from there. Ideally I want to 8 stone something but God knows how long that will take!

Hope everyone has a great weekend! I've had a good few days and am planning to carry on that way until weigh-in on Monday.

Off to update my diary but just to let you know - I worked out why I was so ravenous the past few days- TOTM arrived today, a few days early, so the hunger and cravings must have been hormonal. I've never noticed it before in regard to PMT so I'll be interested to see if the same happens next month.

Happy Friday everyone- behave yourselves over the weekend ;)

I always get the munchies with PMT - what with that and the fluid retention it is normally a bad week for me. Not that I have had any PMT for a good 18 months now - I am beginning to wonder whether that is all going to come back but still breast feeding so not surprising.

Yes we are all a healthy BMI on this thread which is fabulous. I suppose if we were not obsessing about the few pounds here and there of fluctuation then the weight would be piling back on up to an unhealthy BMI. You can't just lose the weight and then never think about it again. As long as we don't get carried away down to an unhealthy BMI or a diet that is not nutricious enough.

I have had a reasonable day today - just a bit of sugar in my red cabbage ready meal and a good slimming world original day.:) just a bit more exercise to do before I can post on the exercise thread.

RawrGirl needs to seriously reconsider her maintenance plan. Let's say that on Feb 9th, she actually weighs in at 122. The next night she is going to Valentines banquet, and then, since she's out of ketosis, she is going to an Italian restaurant with Prince Charming the next day, as they got gift cards to the Olive Garden for Christmas. By Monday morning, she will not be 122, and if she then continues to eat slightly more and incorporate carbs, she is never going to see 122 again. :eek:

I always get the munchies with PMT - what with that and the fluid retention it is normally a bad week for me. Not that I have had any PMT for a good 18 months now - I am beginning to wonder whether that is all going to come back but still breast feeding so not surprising.

Yes we are all a healthy BMI on this thread which is fabulous. I suppose if we were not obsessing about the few pounds here and there of fluctuation then the weight would be piling back on up to an unhealthy BMI. You can't just lose the weight and then never think about it again. As long as we don't get carried away down to an unhealthy BMI or a diet that is not nutricious enough.

I have had a reasonable day today - just a bit of sugar in my red cabbage ready meal and a good slimming world original day.:) just a bit more exercise to do before I can post on the exercise thread.

Nettee, I never knew you had a little one! How old? I breastfed my little lady up to 12.5 months. TOTM arrived with a bang about 7 months after she was born, I suppose because she started solids at 6 months so started dropping a few feeds.

How do you find breast feeding as regards to weight loss? I have to say, I never seemed to lose very much when feeding as I was hungry most of the time, but probably filled up on all the wrong foods! That said, I didn't really gain any weight either, until I stopped feeding and kept eating the same amounts of crap food...!

I like to think that when I have number 2, I will make better food choices both during and after pregnancy, and hopefully not gain a huge amount of weight. That's the plan anyway...!!

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Ok, so I've hatched a little plan for the next Team Skinny challenge. It started as my own challenge but I suddenly realised that anyone on Team Skinny could join too.

I'm not overly religious but a regular enough church goer. Anyway, every year without fail I give up something for Lent. For some reason, I never break it (but if I was to try give up something at any other time of the year, I'd probably cave, funny eh?!)

This year I haven't fully decided what I'll give up but one item on my list will definitely be chocolate as it's a huge vice of mine. I'm not a big drinker so I never bother giving up alcohol. Another item I've been considering though is peanut butter. And maybe sweets/candy.

Anyway, I will decide nearer the time and pledge my list here so there's no going back, and anyone is welcome to join me. For me, it's a clean break from things that tempt me, and that I find slipping more and more into my daily life. A little bit of chocolate at the weekend suddenly turns into a little bit of chocolate every day! I used to have one tablespoon of peanut butter in my porridge each morning, now it's two.

Lent runs from Feb. 13th until March 30th so ties in nicely with the end of our current challenge.

Let me know if you fancy joining me! X

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Back