**TEAM TINSEL** 4 stone for Christmas

Ladies - I have this lovely George top - its a size 20 but I would say more like 18, I love it but it does nothing for my massive boobs! Would anyone like it - its never been worn, pm me, I'm happy to post it
top.jpg

GOOD MORNING TINSEL-TOTTY!

How are we all today - went shopping last night - managed to get myself (finally) a pair of white linen trousers, had a trying on session of my holiday clothes and I am now really excited

Also went on Yours Clothing and got myself some more bargains in their summer sale - managed to get free delivery and cashback too - so that put a huge smile on my face

Was hoping to go out for a nice walk today over the nature reserve but its raining cats and dogs...so that seems unlikely

Mum and my foster-nephew are coming over...Mum has bought me a vegetable pot for lunch...bit worried because I have no idea what the syns will be...will try and work it out when she gets here

Scales are back to 16st 8 - I fell on them honestly!!! :ashamed0005:

Got quite a few Avon deliveries to do today so that will get in some extra walking - woo hoo!
Might even take Megan i her wheelchair (if it ever stops raining) and do some more wheelchair jogging lol

Been up since 5am - done all my ironing, altered a top for hols, watched Big Brother - is anyone else stupid enough to watch it?

sammyb1985 said:
Jo those meals look yummy! I had couscous salad for lunch and spaghetti bolognaise for tea - stuffed now!

Went to look at those wedding reception venues today, both very nice but we prefer the hotel as it has the bonus of being able to have everyone who's travelling to the wedding stay over there and we would basically have the whole hotel to ourselves, so no chance of guests complaining if we get noisey! Just waiting on some quotes on food from them before we confirm though.

Ben just give Jack his first scare, me and Jack were looking in the mirror and Jack was cooing and smiling at our reflections and then ben popped up behind him, Jack jumped out of his skin, his eyes grew wide, the lips trembled and then he started crying and hid his face in my neck with a death grip on my hair!!! It was so funny, cute and heartbreaking all at the same time! Ben felt bad so once Jack had stopped crying he came round to say sorry and give him a kiss, but Jack took one look at his face and started crying again! :8855: Poor Jack! I told Ben that if he has nightmares tonight he will be sorting him out, but on second thoughts it might not be a good idea to let the object of his nightmares come into his room in the middle of the night to get him..... :p

Good job on the weight loss ladies! We'll both be skinny minis in no time! xx

I love spag Bol!!!

Hotel sounds like a good plan then, how was te Masonic lodge tho im intrigued??!! Fingers crossed that the food quote is what u need, how exciting :)

I'm really sorry but omg that made me laugh about poor jack being scared witless (don't hate me for laughing at your poor babba!! :) ) the two things I think are so funny are when babys do that terrified shocked face and when they do the giggles like on the advert too funny. Hope jack didn't have any nightmares :) x

ellen83 said:
Much better thanks hun, and I'm good with a STS, it will be the last for a while, the only way is down! Come on girls!

Nom nom. Looks yummy. Recipe?

Glad your feeling better hun and the only way is down most definitely :) goooooooooo team tinsel :)

The beef was yummy the flavour was like crispy chilli beef from the Chinese takeaway so tasty here's the recipe

image-1982220993.jpg

The whole recipe is 7 syns I think that is for the cornflour and should serve 3 I think. I did do a bit more meat tho so mine was a bit higher in syns.

The ministrone soup I just used a tin of toms, a tomato can worth of water, onion, carrots, veg stock crumbled in, mushrooms and some broken up spaghetti all put on saucepan and boiled together until it had boiled down a bit and the spaghetti was soft. And seasoned it. X

chloecat said:
I'll join in this if that's ok. 4st might be a bit ambitious at this point of the year but I might as well aim high!

Welcome chloe, there's some clever saying about reaching for the stars and the moon or something been trying to rack my brains to think what it is but cant so just gunna say come on in and good luck were a friendly bunch :)

donnajt said:

How are we all today - went shopping last night - managed to get myself (finally) a pair of white linen trousers, had a trying on session of my holiday clothes and I am now really excited

Also went on Yours Clothing and got myself some more bargains in their summer sale - managed to get free delivery and cashback too - so that put a huge smile on my face

Was hoping to go out for a nice walk today over the nature reserve but its raining cats and dogs...so that seems unlikely

Mum and my foster-nephew are coming over...Mum has bought me a vegetable pot for lunch...bit worried because I have no idea what the syns will be...will try and work it out when she gets here

Got quite a few Avon deliveries to do today so that will get in some extra walking - woo hoo!
Might even take Megan i her wheelchair (if it ever stops raining) and do some more wheelchair jogging lol

Been up since 5am - done all my ironing, altered a top for hols, watched Big Brother - is anyone else stupid enough to watch it?

Goooood morning. Glad u finally got the last of your holiday clothes it's nice when it all comes together. Don't take any notice of them scales it's not WI day!!!!!! :)

What is this 5am u talk of???? Dunno how I'm gunna cope when I'm back at work I haven't been up before 8.30 for nearly 7 weeks!! :0 i must confess to being a little addicted to BB tho, whose gunna go tonight do u think? I don't want either of them to go! X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

The story about Jack made me laugh :D
So today I have to go to my work place and hand in my notice and uniform, then today is all packing as well as a bit tomorrow. I'm going back home after living in a uni accommodation for most of the year.
When I say home I do mean my OH's :p We are going to see the wedding venue we like on the 28th, so definitely excited for that! Even if we aren't getting married until 2015 :rolleyes:
But from monday I'm going to start swimming :eek:, cycling and walking/ eventually running. Need to get those pounds off!

Hi everyone! If you don't mind I'll join in on this challenge?
I started SW on the 11th July and so far I have lost 4lbs.
Losing 4st by xmas would put me on par with the target I have in mind so it would be really helpful.
Nicole x
Welcome to the thread. Well done on your losses so far. Struggling to think of a wa y of shortening your name on her cos If I type it in full I'll be ther all day. Deffo not a typing by nature. USMD Hmmm not sure. :D I'll see what everyone else uses. :D

sounds great hun I'm sure u will fabulous at it :) x

Woo hoo well done Andrea that is amazing. You've done so so well you must feel fantastic, and go you for being normal ;) and your right this group is wonderfully supportive :) x

Glad your feeling a bit better pp and yay it's Friday tomorrow!!

Thanks for the welcome back fingers crossed one day we will be all on the same wavelength!! :) it's gotta happen!

That's rubbish about your brother I think none I my ever did it once to be mean in an argument and once he saw how much it upset me he never said it again.

Well do on your loss that's fab, you've worked so hard to get rid of that gain you should be proud of yourself! X

Welcome to the crazy house. I'm sure corks will add u when she's here x

Just thought id share my food for today as i have so enjoyed it.. I had a minestrone soup I made for lunch

And then for dinner I had what was meant to be crispy chilli beef, it didn't go that crispy ended up more sticky beef but was so yummy

Your food looks fab. :D

Jo those meals look yummy! I had couscous salad for lunch and spaghetti bolognaise for tea - stuffed now!

Went to look at those wedding reception venues today, both very nice but we prefer the hotel as it has the bonus of being able to have everyone who's travelling to the wedding stay over there and we would basically have the whole hotel to ourselves, so no chance of guests complaining if we get noisey! Just waiting on some quotes on food from them before we confirm though.

Ben just give Jack his first scare, me and Jack were looking in the mirror and Jack was cooing and smiling at our reflections and then ben popped up behind him, Jack jumped out of his skin, his eyes grew wide, the lips trembled and then he started crying and hid his face in my neck with a death grip on my hair!!! It was so funny, cute and heartbreaking all at the same time! Ben felt bad so once Jack had stopped crying he came round to say sorry and give him a kiss, but Jack took one look at his face and started crying again! :8855: Poor Jack! I told Ben that if he has nightmares tonight he will be sorting him out, but on second thoughts it might not be a good idea to let the object of his nightmares come into his room in the middle of the night to get him..... :p

Good job on the weight loss ladies! We'll both be skinny minis in no time! xx
Poor wee mite, Hope he settles soon and Ben is allowed near again.

I'll join in this if that's ok. 4st might be a bit ambitious at this point of the year but I might as well aim high!
Welcome Chloe

Yeay to the shopping. :D

Purple Patsy - well done - another 2lbs that's fantastic - hope you are feeling better now x
Thanks Donna. I'm OK for the moment just wish I knew what sets it off. :D

I love spag Bol!!!

Hotel sounds like a good plan then, how was te Masonic lodge tho im intrigued??!! Fingers crossed that the food quote is what u need, how exciting :)

I'm really sorry but omg that made me laugh about poor jack being scared witless (don't hate me for laughing at your poor babba!! :) ) the two things I think are so funny are when babys do that terrified shocked face and when they do the giggles like on the advert too funny. Hope jack didn't have any nightmares :) x

Glad your feeling better hun and the only way is down most definitely :) goooooooooo team tinsel :)

The beef was yummy the flavour was like crispy chilli beef from the Chinese takeaway so tasty here's the recipe

View attachment 57312

The whole recipe is 7 syns I think that is for the cornflour and should serve 3 I think. I did do a bit more meat tho so mine was a bit higher in syns.

The ministrone soup I just used a tin of toms, a tomato can worth of water, onion, carrots, veg stock crumbled in, mushrooms and some broken up spaghetti all put on saucepan and boiled together until it had boiled down a bit and the spaghetti was soft. And seasoned it. X

Welcome chloe, there's some clever saying about reaching for the stars and the moon or something been trying to rack my brains to think what it is but cant so just gunna say come on in and good luck were a friendly bunch :)

Goooood morning. Glad u finally got the last of your holiday clothes it's nice when it all comes together. Don't take any notice of them scales it's not WI day!!!!!! :)

What is this 5am u talk of???? Dunno how I'm gunna cope when I'm back at work I haven't been up before 8.30 for nearly 7 weeks!! :0 i must confess to being a little addicted to BB tho, whose gunna go tonight do u think? I don't want either of them to go! X

I have never been a fan of BB I don't waste my time on rubbish like that ;) instead I spend my time in a fulfilling manner playing FB games. ;) ;) Kidding Jo but really can't be doing with BB. I watch most other rubbish though. :D But I multitask by watching rubbish and playing FB games. ;) simultaneously. :D

Jo - I just wish that ghastly caroline or d***head Conor would go! was so hoping BB would put them all up for eviction this week for all the rule breaking it would have been a lot more interesting

I think I would probably miss lauren more - but i would luke to win so that he could afford his operation

WOO HOO our laptop has finally been returned after 11 months (long story) its so nice watching tv and talking to you guys xxx

apparently we are due for a very hot few days in basildon - so hope its true x

Thanks Donna, he's daddy's friend again today, which is a good job as i've been bad mummy today, had to take him for his injections :( poor baby cried after the second one, think he's more or less forgiven me now though as hes asleep on my chest feeling sorry for himself i think.

Lol don't worry if you found it funny ladies, i did too! bless his cotton socks, i felt sorry for him at the same time but it was also really cute how he cuddled in to me.

Jo the masonic lodge wasn't all that :( there is a really nice one that's gorgeous but too expensive, but this one we looked at is more like a social club really. It wasn't bad and was a good size and is getting done up in the autumn, but we definitely prefer the hotel, so just waiting for an email back from them now! xx

Jo - I just wish that ghastly caroline or d***head Conor would go! was so hoping BB would put them all up for eviction this week for all the rule breaking it would have been a lot more interesting

I think I would probably miss lauren more - but i would luke to win so that he could afford his operation

WOO HOO our laptop has finally been returned after 11 months (long story) its so nice watching tv and talking to you guys xxx

Hopefully the improvement in the weather will be countrywide and last a few weeks, But we can wish can't we. :D

Thanks Donna, he's daddy's friend again today, which is a good job as i've been bad mummy today, had to take him for his injections :( poor baby cried after the second one, think he's more or less forgiven me now though as hes asleep on my chest feeling sorry for himself i think.

Lol don't worry if you found it funny ladies, i did too! bless his cotton socks, i felt sorry for him at the same time but it was also really cute how he cuddled in to me.

Jo the masonic lodge wasn't all that :( there is a really nice one that's gorgeous but too expensive, but this one we looked at is more like a social club really. It wasn't bad and was a good size and is getting done up in the autumn, but we definitely prefer the hotel, so just waiting for an email back from them now! xx
Good that the wee fella has calmed down. Must be tough taking them for injections cos you know it's gonna hurt. My SW class was in a local Masonic Hall and it was nothing special either, Just some plaques with the "brothers" names on them. Otherwise any onl hall. :D

Last edited:
ushotmedown said:
The story about Jack made me laugh :D
So today I have to go to my work place and hand in my notice and uniform, then today is all packing as well as a bit tomorrow. I'm going back home after living in a uni accommodation for most of the year.
When I say home I do mean my OH's :p We are going to see the wedding venue we like on the 28th, so definitely excited for that! Even if we aren't getting married until 2015 :rolleyes:
But from monday I'm going to start swimming :eek:, cycling and walking/ eventually running. Need to get those pounds off!

I remember the yearly uni move I was quite lucky between my 2nd and 3rd year we stayed in the same flat so I left most of my stuff there. Moving out for the final time was the worst had soooo much stuff, not to mention how hard it was to say goodbye to everybody, even tho we've stayed In touch even now it still makes me emotional to think about it :(

Exercise sounds good as soon as my physio gives me the go ahead I can't wait it start some properly! X

Purple Patsy said:
I have never been a fan of BB I don't waste my time on rubbish like that ;) instead I spend my time in a fulfilling manner playing FB games. ;) ;) Kidding Jo but really can't be doing with BB. I watch most other rubbish though. :D But I multitask by watching rubbish and playing FB games. ;) simultaneously. :D

I always say I'm not gunna watch it but always do I love it, I think it's the psychologist in me! I'm so in awe of your multi tasking skills tho ;) x

donnajt said:

I agree wish it had been them all up, I also cannot stand Caroline she is so vile, there is nothing redeeming about her what so ever. I also agree about Connor he is the vilest man I've ever seen and now he's apologised to everybody and recruited Scott and becky, eugh! I also can't stand becky and Ashleigh I think they are both vile humans! Lol!

I can't decide who should go at all I mean Lauren is more entertaining and i really like her also just cuz they've been so mean to her it would be a real two fingers up at them all. But I think luke seems like a genuinely nice normal guy and as u said would be good for him to be able to afford his op! Just hope they both get a cheer! Ok I sound so sad now after my bb rant!!! :) lol!

Weather meant to be nice here too :) everything seems better when the sun is shining! :) x

sammyb1985 said:

Hope jack is feeling better after his injections after my best friend had her first I went with her when izzy had her first injections and it was horrible!

I'm a little upset that the Masonic lodge was just like a social club I know your a busy mummy but could you not have made up a very weird and wonderful story about the place for me :( lol!

Glad your getting sorted for the reception tho and finers crossed that everything is what you want when they email u x

Hope you have all had a good Friday and have wonderful plans for the weekend. As Donna has already mentioned we are also due some sunshine this weekend :) I do love the sunshine.

Been for physio today and she tortured me for an hour with some massaging, stretching and a deep ultrasound thing on my back! Asked her bout the swimming and she said no for the time being :( bit gutted tbh as I thought she would probabally say yes but I'm sure she knows more than I do so will do as she says! :( Been to docs as well and she's signed me off for another two weeks so for the time being its as u were!

So no dancing on tables swinging my knickers round my head again for me this weekend!!!!!

jo-85 said:
Hope you have all had a good Friday and have wonderful plans for the weekend. As Donna has already mentioned we are also due some sunshine this weekend :) I do love the sunshine.

Been for physio today and she tortured me for an hour with some massaging, stretching and a deep ultrasound thing on my back! Asked her bout the swimming and she said no for the time being :( bit gutted tbh as I thought she would probabally say yes but I'm sure she knows more than I do so will do as she says! :( Been to docs as well and she's signed me off for another two weeks so for the time being its as u were!

So no dancing on tables swinging my knickers round my head again for me this weekend!!!!!

Oh! That sucks! Did I miss what you've actually done to your back? Or is it knicker swinging related? Poor you anyway :( I hope the phyo starts to help ease up the pain soon - back pain is the worse - my other half always has back pain since he had a rugby accident as a teen where he was nearly paralysed and I know how much it bothers him at times x

I had a brilliant week...something to do with knicker swinging... Just not for weight loss... 3.5lb ON !!! whoops oh well aiming for at least 5 pound off this week :)...

Emmey1 said:
Oh! That sucks! Did I miss what you've actually done to your back? Or is it knicker swinging related? Poor you anyway :( I hope the phyo starts to help ease up the pain soon - back pain is the worse - my other half always has back pain since he had a rugby accident as a teen where he was nearly paralysed and I know how much it bothers him at times x

Is just the ongoing problems ems started with the sciatica been off work nearly 7 weeks tried to go back py lasted 3 days but they signed me off again. Seeing a physio now she said I have sciatica, muscle spasm and tight hamstrings :) so no it wasn't the knicker swinging that's just what I can't do now if I wanted too!! :)

Bet that was scary for oh and not surprised he still gets problems x

Kath1990 said:
I had a brilliant week...something to do with knicker swinging... Just not for weight loss... 3.5lb ON !!! whoops oh well aiming for at least 5 pound off this week :)...

Lol Kath u must be doing the knicker swinging for the both of us then hehehehe!!

Dust yaself down :) x

Lol Kath u must be doing the knicker swinging for the both of us then hehehehe!!

Dust yaself down :) x

Heeheehee thats alright ill be getting plenty of body magic tommorrow ;) ;)

Update:

I started on Monday and with some adaptions (not planned just getting used to the rules and finding my way) it looks like I am down 2 pounds. I feel quite pleased about this as I have been struggling to lose weight for some months. I am following Bob's rules and some advice from a nutritionist and both seem to compliment each other. For me I am eliminating wheat and dairy milk as well.

How is everyone getting on?

sammyzip50 said:
Update:

I started on Monday and with some adaptions (not planned just getting used to the rules and finding my way) it looks like I am down 2 pounds. I feel quite pleased about this as I have been struggling to lose weight for some months. I am following Bob's rules and some advice from a nutritionist and both seem to compliment each other. For me I am eliminating wheat and dairy milk as well.

How is everyone getting on?

That's great :) I'm glad that it's all going well for u. Has it been hard cutting out wheat and milk?

I'm going ok so far 100% days and showing a loss when I had a sneaky peek, into the weekend now tho which is danger period!!!! Lol x

Good afternoon one and all - after a almighty sleep of 5 hours this afternoon, I think i might finally have put my migraine/headache to rest!!! don't think i have lost any weight this week probably because of all the sleep/being stuck at home

I am not going to mentoin the s** word but the babybel is shining hot and lovely in basildon, hope it is for you too

got my Yours delivery today and very happy with it all its gorgeous ... onwards and upwards, donna xxx

Ugh so around 3 hours into being back at my OHs and I feel myself slipping.
Almost had some chilli and mint potatoes from asda that would have been 84.5 syns!!!! :eek::eek::eek:
Good thing I checked online before I cooked them up!!!
I feel so rude refusing food that my OH's parents have bought but there is no way I want to blow my diet.
I'm also trying to do it without telling them I'm on a diet as they get really funny about stuff like that.
But we've all packed and moved back now. Hopefully starting swimming on monday! NERVOUS.
I hate water as I nearly drowned as a kid. So I taught myself to swim. Not very well I might add.
Also one word. Swimwear :cry:
But it must be done!

Back