**TEAM TINSEL** 4 stone for Christmas

Welcome Polyanna - to the tinsel nuthouse.

Glad the weather has improved for the droght stricken ones. I'm with LMC it's damp and meserable here.

It's murky here too in the NE. It's foggy in my head as I'm off work poorly boo hoo, I need a cuddle :-(
Hope you feel better soon HB and enjoy those prawns.

Gonna play with the actifry tonight - don't quite know how I didn't get round to it at the w/end but hey ho been looking forward to it today. :)

It's murky here too in the NE. It's foggy in my head as I'm off work poorly boo hoo, I need a cuddle :-(

That's rubbish. Hope you're feeling better :)

Survived my first gym session in ages, actually enjoyed it! Just took the dog on a long walk then had lunch but now I appear to have stiffened up :eek: Oh the joys of being fat and old!!

Hi there everyone, how are you all doing? I'm having a fresh start (one of many) but this is going to be the last time, as I am going to stick to it this time!!! I go to my local SW class to weigh in, so will let you know how I get on, on Thurdsays. I done plenty of free food cooking to keep me going for a few days, due to the bad weather, in fact it is pretty rough out there today, dry for most of the day but the winds are gale force, not nice for walking even less for cycling. :sign0144:

Shame they don't have any weather smilies!

Feel better soon Hazeyblue :sick: ((HUGS))

Corky I have a Blackberry. I know how to upload from the PC but not from a phone so if you can give me the lowdown that would be great, ta! x

Hi

I'm starting this team as my incentive to lose 4 stone for Christmas! I've lost nearly 2.5 stone so far since January, so I think 4 stone for Christmas is very doable :) I just need to stay focused, hence this team! lol We can support and encourage each other along the way.

So if anyone wants to join in, please feel free to post away :)

:fingerscrossed: enough people join to make a team! lol

Good luck everyone. We can do this :D

Hi Corkscrew et all I would love to join this team Please :D

I have just set myself a target of a size 12 Jeans for 12/12/12
So that means losing 4st :) 1.6 stone lost so far want to make it up to 5st altogether
lyndawood1958 48lbs to go - 0lbs lost

Thanks

Welcome Pollyanna and Linda -this lot are mad and full of fab advice and support

HazeyBlue sorry you are poorly, wish you better

The weather is glorious here in Essex am sending it in the direction of all those who have had foggy miserable grey days

Am busy trying to adapt a super fattening non SW recipe into a SW friendly one, Sticky Chicken, its in the oven and smelling good, so keep your fingers crossed for me!

Welcome Pollyanna and Linda -this lot are mad and full of fab advice and support

HazeyBlue sorry you are poorly, wish you better

The weather is glorious here in Essex am sending it in the direction of all those who have had foggy miserable grey days

Am busy trying to adapt a super fattening non SW recipe into a SW friendly one, Sticky Chicken, its in the oven and smelling good, so keep your fingers crossed for me!
I trust the recipe will be forthcoming when it works and is fab. :)

Welcome to you lovely newbies we really are a fabulous lot :)

Hope u feeling a bit better hazey blue :)

Weather here has been better today altho I think wet weather to return tomorrow boo hiss!!! Another on plan day for me altho went for a sneaky peak at the scales tonight and the battery has run out so tomorrow will be a new experience for me WI without a clue of what will show!!! Eeeek!!

Welcome to you lovely newbies we really are a fabulous lot :)

Hope u feeling a bit better hazey blue :)

Weather here has been better today altho I think wet weather to return tomorrow boo hiss!!! Another on plan day for me altho went for a sneaky peak at the scales tonight and the battery has run out so tomorrow will be a new experience for me WI without a clue of what will show!!! Eeeek!!
Oh exciting. I was always a fan of the sneaky peek too but now I weigh at home so it's lost its allure a bit. Gook luck for tomorrow. :)

Thanks guys, I'm feeling loads better now :)

I have just had a realisation. I want to lose 7 stone in total, I'm only 6.5lb off the half way mark.

Well I am officially dead...........waaaah (this is my spirit typing) just cycled for one hour and did 24km, bust a gut and am sweating like...well URRRGGHH. Worked out at just under 15 miles. I am seriously pooped. Off for a hot bath if I can drag my butt off the chair.........weigh in tomorrow morning and I am demanding my 2lb to make 1.5 stone. Yup DEMANDING are you listening body?!?! :D Of course more would be nice..... ;) certainly wouldn't complain....

Vegan*4*Life said:
Well I am officially dead...........waaaah (this is my spirit typing) just cycled for one hour and did 24km, bust a gut and am sweating like...well URRRGGHH. Worked out at just under 15 miles. I am seriously pooped. Off for a hot bath if I can drag my butt off the chair.........weigh in tomorrow morning and I am demanding my 2lb to make 1.5 stone. Yup DEMANDING are you listening body?!?! :D Of course more would be nice..... ;) certainly wouldn't complain....

Hey well done you V4L, that's really good going. I keep going into halfords and looking at the bikes, but not got one yet lol

Hey all.......guess what?........DM back on plan!!!

Thank you all for putting up with me - can't let the side down :)

Hey guys

Have been AWOL today due to some personal crap so haven't been on here all day and don't now have the energy to look back;

Welcome to the new joiners, hello to our usual crowd - well done to anyone who's lost today and sorry to those who may not have got what they deserved

I think that should cover it

Happy evening to you all

Vegan*4*Life said:

Your doing fab! But please remember you may not see a huge loss on the scales with added exercise - when I started hardcore shredding my scale loss was very slow for the first 3 odd weeks but by taking my measurements I could see I was losing a lot of inches so this is likely to be the case for you - take measurements so your not always relying on what's in the scales because it'll be a shame to feel off put by scales not moving when your working so hard

Hey well done you V4L, that's really good going. I keep going into halfords and looking at the bikes, but not got one yet lol

It's an exercise bike, zoikes it's too cold to cycle 15 miles and I don't think a seeing me sweating and ''going for it'' is best for drivers......may cause a few accidents and not in a nice way either :8855:

Your doing fab! But please remember you may not see a huge loss on the scales with added exercise - when I started hardcore shredding my scale loss was very slow for the first 3 odd weeks but by taking my measurements I could see I was losing a lot of inches so this is likely to be the case for you - take measurements so your not always relying on what's in the scales because it'll be a shame to feel off put by scales not moving when your working so hard

Thanks Emmey. It's true is that about the scales. I have been working my butt off for a couple of months now. Firstly monitoring what I was walking and pushing myself that way and then the exercise bike (about 3 weeks). For the first I would say 4 weeks I never saw a change in the scales, I took my measurements when I started out and had also done some epic research on burning fat/toning muscle. As I knew that the scales (due to reading up on it) may not change as my body started to burn fat and tone the muscle I tried my hardest not to get despondent and kept repeating to myself that I was losing inches (and I was!). It's important for me to remember that it's not ALL about what the scales say, it's what I look and feel like too. This is why (in my opinion) that these diets and eating plans such as SW fall down in some respects because if someone sticks to plan and don't see any losses which are so heavily the focus when you go to group they get fed up and quit. They haven't been told that they could be losing inches and that on occasion our bodies don't show losses on the scales.
If you have a lot to lose it's often harder to tell initially too, the focus shouldn't be JUST on what the scales say. Consultants should be trained to educate people on INCH losses too and that weights can fluctuate. This is why I am not focused on a ''healthy BMI'' because it's fallible.
For example, two people could weigh the same but one could be unhealthier in the sense that they have a higher fat percentage in their body than someone the same weight who is of a higher proportion of muscle. Another example is that someone could weigh heavier than their similar counterpart because of muscle and so their BMI would fall into a higher category and be classed as obese but yet they are healthy. Hope I am explaining this in the right manner.
The myth that muscle weighs more than fat is nonsense. A lb is a lb of ANYTHING. Muscle is leaner and takes up less space in your body than fat does, but you could still weigh the same but look leaner, because you ARE leaner.
Sorry if I have waffled on, but I just thought I would explain things in case anyone else didn't know any of this. Don't become despondent if you ARE sticking to whatever plan you are on, are exercising or increasing your movement at least. The scales are NOT the be all and end all of being healthy and looking good. Take your measurements and the times when you are not showing on the scales check them, I will bet they have decreased. I have lost LOTS of inches (I will post in my diary when I get round to doing it). The scales do catch up eventually. ((((HUGS)))) :grouphugg:to you all and sorry again for my blabbing on! :eek:

Back