**TEAM TINSEL** 4 stone for Christmas

Saturdays are myWI day!!

My son is 20 on Saturday.......so party for this old gimmer!!! Oh boy not another weekend like that :) still trying to claw back last weekend which was disastrous! Corky keep those pointy boots ready xx

Saturdays are myWI day!!

My son is 20 on Saturday.......so party for this old gimmer!!! Oh boy not another weekend like that :) still trying to claw back last weekend which was disastrous! Corky keep those pointy boots ready xx

I knew yours already :p lol

My son is 20 this year too Dex :D His is in July though :D The pointy boots are at hand should they be needed :giggle: Enjoy the party, 20 years of motherhood more than deserves a drink or ten! :8855:

dextersmum said:
Saturdays are myWI day!!

I missread that at first, I had visions of corky in a madonna outfit roflmao.

Morning! hope everyone's having a good day. I'm a Sunday weigher Corky.

Oh I'm really good at nagging..................apparently :eek: lol I'm sure you won't need nagging or kicking mind, but I'll put my boots on standby.......the ones with the pointy toes :eek::eek: lol

Sounds perfectly doable Ellen, and I'm sure you will do it! :D I would like to be under 16st for you birthday too! lol

I'm soooooo busy at work atm, and it's cutting into my minimins time! It's our year end and it's a bit manic........looking forward the to 3 day weekend that looming on the horizon though :D:D:D I was so tired last night I managed to fall asleep with my kindle on my face! LOL

Has anyone got anything exciting planned for the bank holiday?? I know it's a bit (?!?) dull, but I'm gonna paint my hallway :eek: lol It's so hard fitting stuff like that in around work, so it'll be nice to have the extra day in which to do it....................ok, yeah I know, I need to get a life!! :8855:

Is everyone having a good week?

What day does everyone WI? I can never remember, so I thought I'd add the info to the front page (as PP suggested a while ago) so we know (ok, so I know :eek:) who we're cheering on each day :D

I'll just have a quick skim through, to see if I can find the info for myself :D

Have a good day everyone xx

I weigh in on a Weds chick.

Your pointy boots sound scary... (see attached photo to see what I got when I googled pointy boots)

How dare work take you away from minimins...have words...use the boots?

As for bank holiday... possibly going to a BBQ on Saturday, not got too much on this week. Waiting to hear if I've got a place on a breastfeeding peer support training course, got to get my college application in, have a babylab session with my youngest on Friday and generally trying to stay sane!

:8855:

Attachments

• mexicans_pointy_boots_1.jpg
    mexicans_pointy_boots_1.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:
I have heard it's damned hard that dvd, does it look it? From an unfit person perspective do you think I could do it? :/

I've done four days of it now, it does get easier, (not four days in a row I hasten to add) Have had two "rest days", one when I actually did no exercise and the other on Monday when I go to dance class. There are two other trainers along with Jillian and one of them does slightly modified versions of the harder exercises. The hardest thing I find is the first cardio section which only lasts 2 mins but I've only been able to do without stopping to breathe once. But Jillian does say on there that you will be able to see the improvement in your endurance once you get to days 6,7,8 etc. The only other really hard bit, I find, are the push-ups as I'm really weak in that area. But again, I can see improvement from day 1. She doesn't let you slack off as well and gives a :asskick: when necessary. Plus, it's only 20 mins of your life. It may be hard, but it won't kill you. I should imagine, with your biking that you'll be able to manage it no probs as you must have strong legs and I find that's what gets used most. (Plus there's no horrible saddle to maim you!!). Have seen snippets of Levels 2 & 3 on the intro and am a bit scared but will worry about that when I get to it.

It would get better a lot sooner if someone would invent a decent saddle for my poor derriere :8855:either that or a whopping great big cushion!!!!!!!!!
Padded cycling shorts are the way to go. I got a really good deal on Amazon (although their sizes were limited) I got a size smaller than I wanted but they do fit (snugly) :) So a NSV to boot.

I'm a Thursday WI Corky.

Have just caught up with all posts from last three days, well done everyone on some fab losses and all this exercise that's been going on :wow:am v impressed with everyone's fitness and endurance. Aren't we just fab!!!? We have demanding jobs, homes to run, many of you have children to bring up, food to prepare and eat, (whilst not going off plan) and are still managing to fit in exercise! (A lots of it too it seems) as well as having to deal with all the other crap life may throw at us. Immense awesomeness! If we can do all these things we can do anything! Goooooo Team Tinsel! xx

Last edited:
ellen83 said:

Your pointy boots sound scary... (see attached photo to see what I got when I googled pointy boots)

As for bank holiday... possibly going to a BBQ on Saturday, not got too much on this week. Waiting to hear if I've got a place on a breastfeeding peer support training course, got to get my college application in, have a babylab session with my youngest on Friday and generally trying to stay sane!

:8855:

Andrea81 said:
I've done four days of it now, it does get easier, (not four days in a row I hasten to add) Have had two "rest days", one when I actually did no exercise and the other on Monday when I go to dance class. There are two other trainers along with Jillian and one of them does slightly modified versions of the harder exercises. The hardest thing I find is the first cardio section which only lasts 2 mins but I've only been able to do without stopping to breathe once. But Jillian does say on there that you will be able to see the improvement in your endurance once you get to days 6,7,8 etc. The only other really hard bit, I find, are the push-ups as I'm really weak in that area. But again, I can see improvement from day 1. She doesn't let you slack off as well and gives a :asskick: when necessary. Plus, it's only 20 mins of your life. It may be hard, but it won't kill you. I should imagine, with your biking that you'll be able to manage it no probs as you must have strong legs and I find that's what gets used most. (Plus there's no horrible saddle to maim you!!). Have seen snippets of Levels 2 & 3 on the intro and am a bit scared but will worry about that when I get to it.

Sorry Not been around much last few days am all bk to normal well if you can call me normal lol

I weigh in Friday eek

So lots of DIY planned for the weekend ladies, fingers crossed hubby has it off (he's army) find out today
Hopefully take little ones to a farm park if it's nice and clean all our cream new thia year carpets as with this rubbish weather 2 boys and a pram and a dog a bit stained we live in a army house so for to keep on top of it

Just done day 12 of shred does get easier I'm staying level one for 8 more days before moving on

Have a good day all

Nat

Andrea81 said:
Padded cycling shorts are the way to go. I got a really good deal on Amazon (although their sizes were limited) I got a size smaller than I wanted but they do fit (snugly) :) So a NSV to boot.

I could say that these would work. I have some comfy rumps which are padded knickers for riding as my bum hurts if I go on a long hack. Make your bum look big like lol

Morning skimmers and shrinkers!
Nice work on the loss V4L :)

My weigh this evening and lookin forward to seeing some sort of loss on the scales - will update tonight as usual :)

Emmey1 said:

My weigh this evening and lookin forward to seeing some sort of loss on the scales - will update tonight as usual :)

Good luck Em :)

Me too... exciting stuff!

OOps forgot to add my loss. It was 1lb. I know without looking back what I did ''wrong''. I certainly wasn't eating enough last week and with all the exercising I am doing I am sure I am in a calorie deficit so my metabolism is slowing down. I just couldn't be bothered eating much, even to have breakfast was a bloody chore. Yesterday (Tuesday) I couldn't even eat lunch so forced myself to eat some kale as a snack very late on. I did eat a large evening meal because I forced myself to do but when I feel like that there are times I have skipped till very late and then made myself eat. I hate feeling like that. :( SOooo it's either make myself have bigger portions or cut down on the exercise and I don't want to do that. Any advice/thoughts?
The scales (I don't have digital) were fluctuating between 1 and 1.5 lb so I went with 1lb so I know for sure I am right. I'm not concerned, a loss is a loss (refer to my lengthy post last night).
How can I make myself eat when I am just not hungry some days and what would you do about the exercising - cut back or try to eat more - which could be hard if I am not in the mood? I am hoping the cure will come and I will have my appetite back um sometime around...like NOW would be good.... ;)
Thanks guys.
Hope everyone did well in your weigh in and for the one's coming up this week.
Corky just a thought how would you feel (as this is your thread) and everyone else please chime in to putting the day of weigh in next to people's name at the beginning where we are recording the losses so we know when to cheer everyone on? We always get people asking what day so this will help us to remember.
Thoughts? Sorry for yet another epic post :/ x

Well done on the loss V4L :D

I don't know how, but I missed this post this morning :eek: lol I sometimes (not very often like! lol) have spells where I don't fancy anything. I can be hungry, but not want anything....if that make sense? lol I'm sure it will pass and your appetite will pick back up :) Don't know what to suggest in the meantime though, because I if I don't fancy anything I don't have anything - I just go with it until I do want something. Probs wrong, but I can't make myself eat for the sake of it...........which sounds a total contradiction coming from someone as heavy as me! lol

It's not 'my' thread, it's 'a' thread for all of us :D Totally agree with having WI days on the list too, infact I've added some already! lol When I'm at home tonight, I shall modify the list and group everyone together in day order :D so we can see at a glance who to shout for :D lol

Specsavers chuck?? :D LOL

Morning! hope everyone's having a good day. I'm a Sunday weigher Corky.

Thanks LMC, I'll add your WI day to the list :)

Ah I had a feeling you were a Wednesday weigher Ellen, but I wan't certain :D Good luck for tonight xx

Yes my pointy boots are scary.......way scarier than that picture, so you'd really do need to knuckle down and achieve your birthday target because I don't really want to have to put them on because they pinch my toes :D LOL

Bank hol BBQ sound good. Hope the weather is good for you :) Best of luck staying sane btw :D lol

I'm a Thursday WI Corky.

Have just caught up with all posts from last three days, well done everyone on some fab losses and all this exercise that's been going on :wow:am v impressed with everyone's fitness and endurance. Aren't we just fab!!!? We have demanding jobs, homes to run, many of you have children to bring up, food to prepare and eat, (whilst not going off plan) and are still managing to fit in exercise! (A lots of it too it seems) as well as having to deal with all the other crap life may throw at us. Immense awesomeness! If we can do all these things we can do anything! Goooooo Team Tinsel! xx

Nice post Andrea :D I totally agree, we are ALL guilty of this immense awsomeness that you kindly pointed out :D

Oh I've got some of those padded cycling shorts, they really are good for cushioning the eerrrr delicate area :giggle: Mine don't fit atm though - I was waaaaay lighter when I bought them :eek:

Sorry Not been around much last few days am all bk to normal well if you can call me normal lol

I weigh in Friday eek

So lots of DIY planned for the weekend ladies, fingers crossed hubby has it off (he's army) find out today
Hopefully take little ones to a farm park if it's nice and clean all our cream new thia year carpets as with this rubbish weather 2 boys and a pram and a dog a bit stained we live in a army house so for to keep on top of it

Just done day 12 of shred does get easier I'm staying level one for 8 more days before moving on

Have a good day all

Nat

Hey Nat, you'll be the odd one one making claims like that you know. I mean.......normal?!?!?!?! I'm not sure you're going to be able to tolerate some of the nutters in ............mentioning no names :D lol

OMG you can't be sane after all! Sorry, but cream carpets with two boys and a dog definitely puts you in the 'nutjob' category! :8855: I had cream carpets.....................then I got dogs.............the carpets had to go! :8855:

Well fellow shrinkers, it is a flipping bootiful, sunny and warm day here :D I don't want to speak too soon, but it looks remarkably like I might actually get through a day without getting wet! :woohoo:

Right ladies, I have realised today that I have 10 weigh in's (including tomorrows) until my birthday (which means 1 year until the wedding! woohoo!). Anyway, I want to be under 16st for then, Last week I weighed in at 17st 3lbs, I wanted to lose 3.5 this week but think I will be lucky if I get 2lbs. But without counting tomorrow's loss I need 17.5 lbs (or more) and my mean average is 1.894 ish - this includes my 1lb gain and 1lbs loss over 3 weeks. This IS doable and I need you ladies to kick my arse and nag me! I have a tesco order coming tonight and have the meals for the 7 days planned out, will only need to stock up on extra fruit and milk as my boys eat more fruit then the average monkey!

Ellen we are the same weight ! and weigh-in on wednesdays I want 3.5 too to get under that 17, been there once got to 16 8.5 will get there again soon, good luck for your WI :fingerscrossed:

Just popping in with a 2.5 lb loss I am one happy lady, 3 wi till I go away and 9.5 to my 10percent I think that is doable? Hope u other Tuesday weighers have what u have deserved x
Well done Jo good target to aim for :woohoo:

OOps forgot to add my loss. It was 1lb. I know without looking back what I did ''wrong''. I certainly wasn't eating enough last week and with all the exercising I am doing I am sure I am in a calorie deficit so my metabolism is slowing down. Any advice/thoughts?

How can I make myself eat when I am just not hungry some days and what would you do about the exercising - cut back or try to eat more - which could be hard if I am not in the mood? I am hoping the cure will come and I will have my appetite back um sometime around...like NOW would be good.... ;)
Thanks guys.

Firstly V4L well done on your lose how can you say "wrong" when you lost. I know it was only 1lb but all lose is good lose. How come you have no appetite? don't get that one. Would have though all the exercise you are doing would give you a bigger one. Maybe if you have some point food or something you haven't had for a while and really fancy. It's a shame you are working so hard and not feeling positive about your efforts..... have some vibes from me :vibes:

I have been eating so much free food in the last few days, not really feeling hungry, weather much better yesterday so plenty of exercise, 2 hour bike ride, an hour walk/jog, and 20 pilates to keep my bad back at bay.
It is weigh day tomorrow so keep fingers crossed. Off to do some hill walking today.
Good luck with your weigh-in Polyanna your have really worked for it :)

Anyone I have missed have a good day will see you on the other side of my weigh-in come on 4lbs.......:vibes: to all x

3.5 for me! Very chuffed with that - it was deserved! Speed and super speed for lunches and snacks and no bread! Chuffed!

:woohoo: chuffing chuffed for you!! lol Well done on a chuffing great loss!! :D

Emmey1 said:
3.5 for me! Very chuffed with that - it was deserved! Speed and super speed for lunches and snacks and no bread! Chuffed!

Wow that's fab we'll done Ems :)

Well done everyone on your weight losses, mine WI is tomorrow! Hiked for 6 hours today, lots of hills! Very tired now, got my feet up.

Back