**TEAM TINSEL** 4 stone for Christmas

Corky, if we want to do it as a weekly challenge, do you think 1.5lb per person would keep most of us on track? If we count up who is in then x by 1.5 that would give us a group challenge target. Some may lose more, some less, but no finger pointing hence the 'group challenge'??

Wow. it's so easy to get behind with posts on here. been v. busy atm with my final OU assignment, but hope to get on here more after it's in. also have a poorly son atm, who still demands all my time & attention at 6 years old! (night & day) well done to everyone who has had losses. 6 1/2 stone between the team is fab!
PM's for those who disappear for a while sounds like a great idea. not sure how it works, cos i've never sent 1!
not sure about the setting targets thing tho. if you set yourself a target of 2lb loss for a week, for example, and then achieved just a 1lb loss, would that make you feel disappointed and uninspired to try harder?? i think it would for me, don't know about everyne else.
My WI tomorrow. don't know what it'll bring, but hopefully good news. Planning to get back on the exercise wagon this week. I think i can manage 30 mins a day, for starters.

Go LMC with the exercise plan
emoticon-cheerleader.gif

Not sure if I would like to have a weekly target, I agree it can lead to disappointment/disillusion so might be counter-productive. Don't know if this would help but in my rowing team we set a challenge, i.e row to the moon and back and everytime someone rows, whether it be 500metres or a full marathon, we log our meters and the distance counts down. Maybe we could work out the total e.g 25 members x 56lbs = 1400lbs then have a counted down total every Sunday (or whatever). No pressure on anyone to lose a certain amount each week but anything we lose chips away at the overall weight. Maybe we could equate 1400lbs to an animal or something, would be great to say as a team by Xmas we will have lost an elephant or something like that!

Just had a bit of a non scale victory, my plan for today got totally messed up when I had to go out unexpectedly before I 'd managed to eat breakfast. Problems with cars, mot's, family needing to be in different places at different times all lead to me not getting back till 2.30 having not eaten anything all day. Needless to say I was starving didn't fancy breakfast at 2.30 or doing the cooking I had planned, all I wanted was a white bread cheese and pickle sandwich if I'm honest (not been shopping yet so very little else in!). Made an omelette in the end with loads of veg so i'm feeling pretty smug right now. :8855:

SarahCroz said:
Not sure if I would like to have a weekly target, I agree it can lead to disappointment/disillusion so might be counter-productive. Don't know if this would help but in my rowing team we set a challenge, i.e row to the moon and back and everytime someone rows, whether it be 500metres or a full marathon, we log our meters and the distance counts down. Maybe we could work out the total e.g 25 members x 56lbs = 1400lbs then have a counted down total every Sunday (or whatever). No pressure on anyone to lose a certain amount each week but anything we lose chips away at the overall weight. Maybe we could equate 1400lbs to an animal or something, would be great to say as a team by Xmas we will have lost an elephant or something like that!

Just had a bit of a non scale victory, my plan for today got totally messed up when I had to go out unexpectedly before I 'd managed to eat breakfast. Problems with cars, mot's, family needing to be in different places at different times all lead to me not getting back till 2.30 having not eaten anything all day. Needless to say I was starving didn't fancy breakfast at 2.30 or doing the cooking I had planned, all I wanted was a white bread cheese and pickle sandwich if I'm honest (not been shopping yet so very little else in!). Made an omelette in the end with loads of veg so i'm feeling pretty smug right now. :8855:

Great idea!! Really like the idea of thy challenge

And also well done on the NSV! :)

Well done Sarah! All losses count :D Have you got some recipies to peruse, or would you like some suggestions from us?? Maybe would could all post a fave recipie or two to see if there's anything that tickles our fancies??

Thanks, recipes or food pictures would be great. Sometimes when you see what other people are having it gives you ideas. Maybe it's just me being obsessed with food, but I love looking food pics :drool:

SarahCroz said:
Thanks, recipes or food pictures would be great. Sometimes when you see what other people are having it gives you ideas. Maybe it's just me being obsessed with food, but I love looking food pics :drool:

Mine never look very presentable lol just a mass of food thrown on a plate and then thrown Into my mouth lol

Lost 2lbs this week, so that's 7lb's in all toward the Christmas target. Well done everyone. Happy happy dieting to you all xxxx :D

ladies this thread moves so fast. i cant keep up on the phone!!

been to asda and stocked up on the muller greek coconut yog and the linda mccartney rosemary and onion sausages but forgot the cherry bakewell alpen lights

corky i think u asked why i said "cheats never prosper" i'm referring to my greedy piggy indulgence last saturday. i think i ate too much panicked and then ate too little for rest of week

i dont mind a weekly target or receiving pm's

nat - thinking of u xxx

enjoy the falling over water...not a drop will be passing my lips

sun has just come out so hope its dry so we can get some outside exercise tomorrow

Well done on the willpower front. :)

Good morning everyone,

I've been AWOL for a while, i've not been feeling that great, had some sad news 10 minutes before WI last Tuesday and really messed my head up :(

But on a brighter note, I did lose 1lb last week... x

Sorry you had some bad news but GREAT for your loss! Hope you are feeling OK now. x

Good morning everyone :)

Well, like I mentioned up there ^^^^ too much fluids of the boozy variety have been consumed by this greedy idiot this week :eek: I am, however, reporting in with a 1lb loss :eek: It's certainly more than I deserve! My food has been spot on perfect so I can only assume that has contributed towards my surprise loss?! Dunno, but I SHALL NOT be repeating this week to find out! LOL

It's the first time since I started SW that I've felt myself slipping and being a tad out of control :(

So, the glitter pen has been out and a big fat line has been drawn under my boozy week! It's obvious I'm incapable to sharing my living space with booze, so until I can bloody well behave myself, there will be none in the house...............and I shall revert back to only letting it in on Saturday night when I have friends round. I'm making myself sound like a flipping alki!! :8855:

On a positive note though, I've been sharing my home with Mr Crunchie and Mr Mini Cheddar (bought them for Son who hasn't eaten them :( lol) all week and they're both still alive, so I've proved to myself that I resist goodies :D lol

Have a good day everyone :)

Do we have to use your OWN whip AND the handcuffs on you my dear not to mention the pointy shoes:whip: baahhahahah, CONGRATS on the loss!!! :D
Morning all!,

The sun is finally out here, huzzah! :D What's everyone doing this weekend? Got my children home so for me it's going to be a weekend of picking up after them no doubt, lol!

Had a 1lb loss yesterday, not massive but it's a loss. And I did have a blow out last weekend so I didn't deserve anymore. Going to try to shake things up next week maybe, it's been 4 months now without any real set backs or plateaus, but feel I'm getting into a bit of a rut. Need to try some new recipes.

Have a good day xx

A loss is a loss HURRAH!! Well done.

So sorry been awol.Its just been totally manic here. We are away in a week and its a military operation as my sons in respite and sorting school transport and cats in cattery, chicken sitters and Hubby lost passport etc etc. We have had Hubs and daughters birthday this week, a friend to transport to radiotherapy just utter manic.

Last week lost 3.5 and this week put on 1.5 but had a three course lunch for hubbys birthday so hoping that is a false gain as it wasnt my normal weigh day menu and been good since.

Hope everyone is ok and will try to get on here a little more at some point!

Fingers crossed it shows as a loss next week it does seem a lot for one meal so hopefully it's not correct. Different day might not help either, were you early? :)

Well done Sprinkles on the loss, that's brilliant! :D :D

I don't want to focus on weight loss per week either sorry Hazey. I am really in the zone right now and am exercising daily, following the plan and I don't feel that focusing on the scale loss as opposed to what I look like/how I feel will help my mindset. It's hard enough as it is getting on them to see a small loss or no loss even when I am losing inches and working so hard. Despite trying to convince myself it's not ALL about the scales I think I am hardwired to think that way for some bizarre reason. If I put myself under pressure to lose the suggested 1.5lb per week and it doesn't happen I will start to feel down about it and that's not what I want. I need to lose another 4 1/2 stone and if that comes off by our team tinsel target that would be brilliant, if it doesn't and I continue to lose as I am that will have to suffice too. I don't want to keep bouncing back and forth as I have done for most of my life yo yo dieting and once it's off this time I want it to stay off. If that means slow and steady wins the race then so be it. Sorry to be a party pooper but I need to keep my sanity where this is concerned and just focus on the end game. Hope you understand. :argh::psiholog: <------------ don't want to be there lol.

Sorry I haven't been about - feeling awful and have had a totally pants week :(

Have decided to draw a line and start again after my binge fest - keep having to remind myself that I have lost 2 stone since Xmas which I am really, really pleased about but just seemed to lose the plot big time this last week or so. Starting again tomorrow - Corky, hope you don't mind resetting my figures.......weigh day Sunday and aiming to lose 4 stone by Xmas.

Good luck gang xxxxxxxxx

Andrea..........Will you just have a look at the first page and check your total chuck, I think I may have missed a WI off :eek:

I think everyone elses are up to date, but if I've missed any please let me know :D

Aye, should be 4. 3lbs first week and 1 this :) I hadn't noticed lol xx

I put piccies of my food on my diary if you wanted to take a peek, mightn't be what you're after but you're more than welcome anytime. x

Morning all - pleased to say I'm out of the naughty corner and really going for it........look out Team Tinsel - have even measured my milk out ready for the day!! Planning fresh salmon steak and salad for dinner and popping to tesco to stock up on veggies and fruit. Busy, busy weekend - my sis and her family are down and helping my dad move today but will try and get on later today to update.

Good luck Team Tinsel and thanks Purple Patsy for your encouragement xxxxx

View attachment 48403

Well worth the 6.5 syns! Delicious! And only £1 from asda at the mo! (or should I say mooooo) lol
Thanks Emmey1, saw those in Asda but didn't realise they were yogurts MOOOOOO! They look huge are they?

Well done on your loss Sarah - I find looking at the Recipe Board and other people's diaries helps me - I have dinner pics on my diary cos I find if I am in a bad place and need to be pulled back on track looking at my own diary and seeing all those yummy colourful healthy dinners gets me refocused and motivated and also makes me realise how happy i am
http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-food-diaries/271148-donnajts-2012-diary-yes-im-back.html
that's my diary if you want a nose!

Lost 2lbs this week, so that's 7lb's in all toward the Christmas target. Well done everyone. Happy happy dieting to you all xxxx :D
Fantastic Sprinkles!

Sorry I haven't been about - feeling awful and have had a totally pants week :(

Have decided to draw a line and start again after my binge fest - keep having to remind myself that I have lost 2 stone since Xmas which I am really, really pleased about but just seemed to lose the plot big time this last week or so. Starting again tomorrow - Corky, hope you don't mind resetting my figures.......weigh day Sunday and aiming to lose 4 stone by Xmas.

Good luck gang xxxxxxxxx
Dexters Mum sorry to hear you're not feeling good, just put chalk last week up to experience and forget it - that's exactly what I am doing. Well done on your 2stone loss to date - that's amazing and its those kind of losses that I find so inspirational and the fact that you fell off track - well I can empathise even more - you are human just like me - chin up you have done so brilliantly don't let one crappy week outweigh the amazing achievement you have made already, lots of love and a big hug, donna x

I put piccies of my food on my diary if you wanted to take a peek, mightn't be what you're after but you're more than welcome anytime. x
Oh Andrea81 I love a diary with pics...am off for a nosey xxx

Morning all, the weather is truly horrid here again today - am going to make a late breakfast and hope to get out for a walk after that

Not sure what to have for dinner tonight - really fancy a roast but can't be fussed, might try to SW my fav chicken pie recipe - apart from filo pastry has anybody got any great ideas for pastry alternatives?

Morning ladies, hope you are all well this lovely sunny morning :)

I went for a Chinese meal last night and went a little overboard lol. I was determined to stick to the old favourite of chicken in black bean (4 tbsp) with boiled rice which I initially did, but then came 2 tbsp of chicken curry, 8 chips, 1 battered chicken ball, 8 prawn crackers and a chunk of mushroom foo young. I haven't got a clue how to work out the syns for this.

I know it's not the end of the world and I know I haven't had a lot of syns this week, but why do I feel so bad about it this morning? I need to give my head a flippin good shake!

Back