**TEAM TINSEL** 4 stone for Christmas

Morning all - pleased to say I'm out of the naughty corner and really going for it........look out Team Tinsel - have even measured my milk out ready for the day!! Planning fresh salmon steak and salad for dinner and popping to tesco to stock up on veggies and fruit. Busy, busy weekend - my sis and her family are down and helping my dad move today but will try and get on later today to update.

Good luck Team Tinsel and thanks Purple Patsy for your encouragement xxxxx
Oh fightin talk. Love it.
emoticon-cheerleader.gif

Well done on your loss Sarah - I find looking at the Recipe Board and other people's diaries helps me - I have dinner pics on my diary cos I find if I am in a bad place and need to be pulled back on track looking at my own diary and seeing all those yummy colourful healthy dinners gets me refocused and motivated and also makes me realise how happy i am
http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-food-diaries/271148-donnajts-2012-diary-yes-im-back.html
that's my diary if you want a nose!
I'll be round for a shufty shortly.
emoticon-cheerleader.gif

Morning ladies, hope you are all well this lovely sunny morning :)

I went for a Chinese meal last night and went a little overboard lol. I was determined to stick to the old favourite of chicken in black bean (4 tbsp) with boiled rice which I initially did, but then came 2 tbsp of chicken curry, 8 chips, 1 battered chicken ball, 8 prawn crackers and a chunk of mushroom foo young. I haven't got a clue how to work out the syns for this.

I know it's not the end of the world and I know I haven't had a lot of syns this week, but why do I feel so bad about it this morning? I need to give my head a flippin good shake!
We can't put life on hold just cos we want to lose weight. To me it doesn't sound as if you went too far overboard anyway cos you could have had the whole CH & Black bean for the syn count of it, If you have syns left over you;ll be fine or even if you didn't you could call it a flexi syn day. No point in stressing about it now. Just you straight back to plan and carry on.
emoticon-cheerleader.gif

Hiya

Corky-my WI is Wednesday- and everyone has permission to chase me down if I disappear!

I confess- too much booze at the weekend- I need to have 3 really good days now and get my behind to the gym!

Thanks for all the support ladies will catch up on the 5 pages I have missed later when I get five mins have really messed up the diet Chinese, vodka, wine ham buttys notfaved cooking but drawing a line underneath and need to focus and be strong for the hubby

Thanks lairs your all great xx

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Hi lovely ladies. I have been missing for a few days and has took me ages to catch up on all the posts you chatty lot. I'm not gunna try and comment on everything but.... Well done on all the fabulous losses you lot are amazing, for those not happy with your losses well done for writing back at it, I know it's tough to do but in my experience it comes off eventually.

Nat I'm really sorry to hear your sad news, they all do an amazing job and I'm always so sorry to hear about deaths over there. I hope hubby and all are doing ok.

I have been keeping to plan even though have had loads on and am hoping for a loss on Tuesday. Have been unable to get on my minimins app for a few days hence the AWOL felt like I had lost my superpowers!!!

Hope all are having a great bank hol weekend x

donnajt said:
Thanks Emmey1, saw those in Asda but didn't realise they were yogurts MOOOOOO! They look huge are they?

Well done on your loss Sarah - I find looking at the Recipe Board and other people's diaries helps me - I have dinner pics on my diary cos I find if I am in a bad place and need to be pulled back on track looking at my own diary and seeing all those yummy colourful healthy dinners gets me refocused and motivated and also makes me realise how happy i am
http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-food-diaries/271148-donnajts-2012-diary-yes-im-back.html

Fantastic Sprinkles!

Dexters Mum sorry to hear you're not feeling good, just put chalk last week up to experience and forget it - that's exactly what I am doing. Well done on your 2stone loss to date - that's amazing and its those kind of losses that I find so inspirational and the fact that you fell off track - well I can empathise even more - you are human just like me - chin up you have done so brilliantly don't let one crappy week outweigh the amazing achievement you have made already, lots of love and a big hug, donna x

Oh Andrea81 I love a diary with pics...am off for a nosey xxx

Morning all, the weather is truly horrid here again today - am going to make a late breakfast and hope to get out for a walk after that

Not sure what to have for dinner tonight - really fancy a roast but can't be fussed, might try to SW my fav chicken pie recipe - apart from filo pastry has anybody got any great ideas for pastry alternatives?

Theres enough in them to feel pretty satisfied you've had a good pot of ice cream style dessert :)

Maybe we could work out the total e.g 25 members x 56lbs = 1400lbs then have a counted down total every Sunday (or whatever). No pressure on anyone to lose a certain amount each week but anything we lose chips away at the overall weight. Maybe we could equate 1400lbs to an animal or something, would be great to say as a team by Xmas we will have lost an elephant or something like that!

Just had a bit of a non scale victory, my plan for today got totally messed up when I had to go out unexpectedly before I 'd managed to eat breakfast. Problems with cars, mot's, family needing to be in different places at different times all lead to me not getting back till 2.30 having not eaten anything all day. Needless to say I was starving didn't fancy breakfast at 2.30 or doing the cooking I had planned, all I wanted was a white bread cheese and pickle sandwich if I'm honest (not been shopping yet so very little else in!). Made an omelette in the end with loads of veg so i'm feeling pretty smug right now. :8855:

That's a really good idea Sarah :D Consider it done!!

Big well done on the NSV too :clap: WTG skinny :D lol

Do we have to use your OWN whip AND the handcuffs on you my dear not to mention the pointy shoes:whip: baahhahahah, CONGRATS on the loss!!! :D

If necessary, yes :D It most deffo will NOT be necessary this week though :D No alkihol in the house, just loads of good food :p Watch this space............:8855:

Sorry I haven't been about - feeling awful and have had a totally pants week :(

Have decided to draw a line and start again after my binge fest - keep having to remind myself that I have lost 2 stone since Xmas which I am really, really pleased about but just seemed to lose the plot big time this last week or so. Starting again tomorrow - Corky, hope you don't mind resetting my figures.......weigh day Sunday and aiming to lose 4 stone by Xmas.

Good luck gang xxxxxxxxx

A fresh start is a fab idea Dex :D You've done so well so far - 2 stone ditched is quite an achievement, and not one to forget :D Everyone will experience patches of time where they struggle.......everyone. And if they say they don't or haven't struggled at some point in their journey, I honestly believe they are dirty rotten liars! lol

We're trying to correct a lifetime (for some of us......that'll be me then! lol) of bad eating habits and the way we use and view food. We're like little junkies trying to kick bad habits :giggle: It's not something that can be achieved in a few short months, so we need to buckle our seatbelts and ride this flipping roller coaster, highs and lows, right to the end.

We fall off, we get back on, we fall off, we get back on etc......................eventually our brains will catch up ;) That's my theory anyway! lol

We're here to give you a leg up - we're all in the same boat chuck, so we'll help each other :D

So..........stats reset :D Fresh start made :D :woohoo:

Morning all - pleased to say I'm out of the naughty corner and really going for it........look out Team Tinsel - have even measured my milk out ready for the day!! Planning fresh salmon steak and salad for dinner and popping to tesco to stock up on veggies and fruit. Busy, busy weekend - my sis and her family are down and helping my dad move today but will try and get on later today to update.

Good luck Team Tinsel and thanks Purple Patsy for your encouragement xxxxx

You were never in the naughty corner Dex, you were just waiting at the wagon station for it to arrive :D Welcome aboard :D lol

Hope your Dads move goes smoothly with all hands on deck. Hey, I'm sure all that humping boxes and stuff will count as body magic ;) :D lol

I went for a Chinese meal last night and went a little overboard lol. I was determined to stick to the old favourite of chicken in black bean (4 tbsp) with boiled rice which I initially did, but then came 2 tbsp of chicken curry, 8 chips, 1 battered chicken ball, 8 prawn crackers and a chunk of mushroom foo young. I haven't got a clue how to work out the syns for this.

I know it's not the end of the world and I know I haven't had a lot of syns this week, but why do I feel so bad about it this morning? I need to give my head a flippin good shake!

I don't think you went overboard at all! You had a night out, you enjoyed it, and imo you ate like a normal person would. You've had a fab week, you'll have another fab week this week and last night was just a few hours :D Misplaced guilt, which we are all guilty of from time to time because we seem to expect perfection from ourselves, when in reality there's no such fing :DD

You've got to live too Marie :D Well done on not having 16 chips, 2 battered chicken balls and 16 prawn crackers! I think you did very well :clap:

Hiya

Corky-my WI is Wednesday- and everyone has permission to chase me down if I disappear!

I confess- too much booze at the weekend- I need to have 3 really good days now and get my behind to the gym!

:wavey: Rockchick :D

Good luck for Wednesday, and your 3 really good days :D

Thanks for all the support ladies will catch up on the 5 pages I have missed later when I get five mins have really messed up the diet Chinese, vodka, wine ham buttys notfaved cooking but drawing a line underneath and need to focus and be strong for the hubby

Nat, you, hubby, family and friends are going through an upsetting and very sad time. Everything takes a back seat when something like this hits, so dont be worrying about not being on plan, and don't be feeling guilty about what you are eating. It's not remotely important right now. You'll get back to it when you feel you can. In the meantiime, take care of yourself and give your hubby lots of support and cuddles xx

p.s. I;m not right sure I like being called a 'lair' though :giggle:

Last edited:
Right campers, time for our new and rather spiffy 'Team Tinsel Countdown' :D

These are our rather marvelous stats as they stand atm :D

TEAM TINSEL WEIGHT LOSS COUNTDOWN!!

Team target as at 16/4/12 - 1397.5lb = 99 stone 11.5lb

Team loss as at 06/5/12 - 94lb = 6 stone 10lb

Team target remaining - 1203.5lb = 93 stone 1.5lb

:party0011::party0011::party0011:
GO TEAM TINSEL!! :party0011::party0011::party0011:

Flipping awesome!! Well done girls :D

Hi my fellow tinselears,
Hope all are having a great weekend will catch up on Monday
Minis is great saying on plan :)

Thanks, just had a little look at your diary and it's given me a couple of ideas for next week. Love the look of the spagetti dish and the salt and pepper chicken looked yummy. Making me really hungry tho :)

That sounds exactly what I do... pick a healthy meal for myself but then have a little bit if everyone elses! I think you were very restrained but I know how you feel about the guilt. It's gonna take more than a few weeks to change how we feel about food and all the emotions that go with it. Not sure people who have never had a weight problem could ever understand which is why it's so good to have this forum for support.

Hiya

You and me both! I'm feeling a little 'delicate' today. :sign0137:

As Corky said, not the time to worry about food. You'll get back on it when you can and we're all here to give you a leg up if you need it.

But what's a lair?!?! Ipad autocorrect fail :D

That's a really good idea Sarah :D Consider it done!!

Big well done on the NSV too :clap: WTG skinny :D lol

Skinny??? Hahahahaha!! :8855:

Not feeling quite so smug today after having a little more wine than I planned last night :eek: And I vaguely remember eating a bag of french fries at 2.30 this morning. Oh well, low syn week ahead for me! I just went food shopping, not a good idea when feeling slightly hungover. I pretty much forgot everything I've run out of and came home with 3 packs of bacon!!

Have a good Sunday everyone, feels so nice knowing we've got another one tomorrow :)

You and me both! I'm feeling a little 'delicate' today. :sign0137:

Ooops :D

Skinny??? Hahahahaha!! :8855:

Not feeling quite so smug today after having a little more wine than I planned last night :eek: And I vaguely remember eating a bag of french fries at 2.30 this morning. Oh well, low syn week ahead for me! I just went food shopping, not a good idea when feeling slightly hungover. I pretty much forgot everything I've run out of and came home with 3 packs of bacon!!

Have a good Sunday everyone, feels so nice knowing we've got another one tomorrow :)

I was thinking ahead Sarah! lol

What flavour French Fries were they? :D Welcome to the world of 'low syn week' it's where i reside every week after having drunk a rather large portion of my syns on Saturday nights :D One week I might try spending my syns on food instead of drink! lol

3 packs of bacon!! :8855:

Not a recipie and not remotely inspiring, but here's mi lunch :D

image-1249132731.jpg

I'll post a few of my fave recipies later .....

View attachment 48490

I would chop off a limb to have that put in front of me right now!

I've got some bacon you could of had with it, lol! :8855:

:8855::8855: You hang onto that bacon, you don't want to run out! LOL

Oh and if you're chopping a limb off, make sure you pick the heaviest one - bump our team average up! :8855:

I'll be round for a shufty shortly.
emoticon-cheerleader.gif
Please do Purple Patsy, I shall get the kettle on x

SW should be last thing on your mind bless you x

View attachment 48490

OMG that looks flippin gorgeous! How do you get your eggs so perfect? my boiled eggs are either rock hard or undercooked

Corky - your dinner is mighty fine but I am not surrendering my limbs for food or weight loss lol!

Right campers, time for our new and rather spiffy 'Team Tinsel Countdown' :D

These are our rather marvelous stats as they stand atm :D

TEAM TINSEL WEIGHT LOSS COUNTDOWN!!

Team target as at 16/4/12 - 1397.5lb = 99 stone 11.5lb

Team loss as at 06/5/12 - 94lb = 6 stone 10lb

Team target remaining - 1203.5lb = 93 stone 1.5lb

:party0011::party0011::party0011:
GO TEAM TINSEL!! :party0011::party0011::party0011:

Flipping awesome!! Well done girls :D

99 stone (looks for avatar swooning and fainting but can't find one..........:D)
6 stone 10lb off (looks for IN.YOUR.FACE avatar but can't find one.......... :D)
93 stone 1.5 lb left (looks for BRING.IT.ON avatar but yes you guessed it can't find one! :D)

SOoooo come on ladies we can SO do this and be winners!!! :winner: and have a great big paaaaaartaaaayyyyy :party0023: That's me the titchy one you can just see crowd surfing cos I am light enough to do it baaahahaaah! :girlpower:

OMG that looks flippin gorgeous! How do you get your eggs so perfect? my boiled eggs are either rock hard or undercooked

Boil for 4 mins exactly - no more no less :D Now I'm going to have to shoot you :D lol I don't stand and count btw, I set the minute minder on the oven :D

Corky - your dinner is mighty fine but I am not surrendering my limbs for food or weight loss lol!

That's very mean of you :( :8855:

I actually can't stop looking at your dinner..where exactly do you live? I have an XXXL thigh I could chop off? :rotflmao::rotflmao:

Ahhhh it's the eggs :D They have hypnotic powers when cooked to perfection :D :8855:

99 stone (looks for avatar swooning and fainting but can't find one..........:D)
6 stone 10lb off (looks for IN.YOUR.FACE avatar but can't find one.......... :D)
93 stone 1.5 lb left (looks for BRING.IT.ON avatar but yes you guessed it can't find one! :D)

SOoooo come on ladies we can SO do this and be winners!!! :winner: and have a great big paaaaaartaaaayyyyy :party0023: That's me the titchy one you can just see crowd surfing cos I am light enough to do it baaahahaaah! :girlpower:

You. Are. Certifiably. Bonkers.

:8855::8855::8855:

Just popping in to say I've done it!! Day 1 back on the wagon big time - feeling very smug and ignoring that devil called wine 'cos 1 glass and my munchies start :)

Hoping to have a good loss this week - I want to boost our average up Corky!!

Confession booth time.........:eek: I need Corky's whip....possible not the handcuffs and pointed shoes as I won't do it again.....this is the clip from my diary:

.......Then I was terrible and had a splurge on biscuits. I don't know why I did that because I am not a biscuit person normally and just have the odd one.
Think I had about 8 of them, they are the Tesco Fruit Shortcake ones so I am allowing 2 syns per biscuit so that's 18 SYNS FFS!!!! :doh: I forced myself to go on the exercise bike to try to rectify the potential damage and I was sooo tired too. I was going to have a day off, my legs are really tired and aching so that was probably yet another stupid thing to do today. Will be walking like I have seized up tomorrow. :'(
Hoping a flexi syn day will cover that but I did have some cashews earlier in the week....damn...what is wrong with me?!
Drawing a line with the glitter pen a la Team Tinsel.

Exercise Bike 1/2 hour 11km (just under 7 miles) approx 300 cals burned
Pedometer readings 14755 aerobic steps 11726 114 mins duration :D approx cals burned 457 6.34km (just under 4 miles)

SORRY guys! :cry:I'm OK not driven off a cliff.....keep the faith in me.

Back