**TEAM TINSEL** 4 stone for Christmas

Bit of delay but pleased to report a 2lb loss - yay :) despite boozy weekend - loved the sun (at last) xx

GOOD LUCK TO ALL TOMORROWS WEIGHIN!!!

Every part Of my body is crossed for tomorrows weighing ..... Eek! Hope to god yoga n my walk to class will b enough! I dont mind a 1-2lb gain because ive been very naughty. Im very pissed off at myself. My only excuse is being ill n on antibiotics floored me. Grrrrrr. Got plenty walking thro the day tomorro too.

On a brighter note...im getting back into my jewellery making (stop me putting crap in my mouth)!! If u want a peek at my older stuff its on facebook "beaded bits & bobs by Tina" ill b making shamballa and leather wrap very soon! Just waiting on some pennies for materials. X just to say i can do sterlin silver but it is pricey. All beads r different, just depends on ur request. X

Thanks for the recipe Corky. I'll give my actifry a go on something other than chips too I think. Will need to get the marinade though so maybe in a few days. Well done on the loss DM and good luck to everyone for tomorrow and anybody who hasn't reported for today. Totals for the team look good. Go team tinsel
emoticon-cheerleader.gif

:8855::8855: Love It! lol

:8855:8855: I wish I'd been a fly on the wall! lol

I've got the 30 day shred V4L........I've not been brave enough to have a bash yet though :eek: Mind, by the time I get home from work, walk the dogs and cook tea it's nearly 8pm, and after being on the go since 6am I can't be flipping bothered to throw myself around with Gillian :D lol

Well, be my guest :8855:will put you off eating forever.........baahhahahhaahh! That is a long day and I don't blame you!

Chicken Teriyaki (serves 2-3)

Chicken (cubed)
1 big onion
1 green pepper
mushrooms (sliced)
2 cloves of garlic (chopped)
1 tsp chopped ginger
1 tsp oil
2 tsps teriyaki marinade (2 syns per tbsp)
1 tsp dark soy sauce
1 tsp cornflour (mixed with 3 tbsp water)
100ml chicken stock

Method
1. Add the chicken, onion, pepper, garlic, ginger, oil, teriyaki marinade and soy sauce to the actifry and cook for 5 mins.

2. Add sliced mushrooms and cook for a further 5 mins

3. Add stock and cornflour mixture and cook for a further 5 mins.

4. Season and serve with rice or noodles

I did mine in the actifry, but a frying pan will do just as well :D

OK I'm intrigued how on earth do you put liquids and flours into a frying machine? Please share! I didn't know you didn't have to syn cornflour either so thanks for that. :D

HI All,

Hope all is well and going in the right direction. I must admit I am starting to lose focus and struggling a bit. Not sure why as I was for a long time into the whole plan as it is so mangeable and you can you eat more or less what you want with in reason. I just don't want to go off track and gain the 2 pounds I have lost and then drop it completely.

Any thoughts?

Bit of delay but pleased to report a 2lb loss - yay :) despite boozy weekend - loved the sun (at last) xx

Brilliant Dex! :D Fantastic loss! Well done you! :D

GOOD LUCK TO ALL TOMORROWS WEIGHIN!!!

Every part Of my body is crossed for tomorrows weighing ..... Eek! Hope to god yoga n my walk to class will b enough! I dont mind a 1-2lb gain because ive been very naughty. Im very pissed off at myself. My only excuse is being ill n on antibiotics floored me. Grrrrrr. Got plenty walking thro the day tomorro too.

On a brighter note...im getting back into my jewellery making (stop me putting crap in my mouth)!! If u want a peek at my older stuff its on facebook "beaded bits & bobs by Tina" ill b making shamballa and leather wrap very soon! Just waiting on some pennies for materials. X just to say i can do sterlin silver but it is pricey. All beads r different, just depends on ur request. X

Good luck to WI Tina :fingerscrossed:

Thanks for the recipe Corky. I'll give my actifry a go on something other than chips too I think. Will need to get the marinade though so maybe in a few days. Well done on the loss DM and good luck to everyone for tomorrow and anybody who hasn't reported for today. Totals for the team look good. Go team tinsel
emoticon-cheerleader.gif

PP I had to pop to Asda in my lunch hour to get the Teriyaki Marinade....................deadly move as I ended up spending another £16! :8855: I always do that, no matter how many times I tell myself I don't need anything! lol

Well, be my guest :8855:will put you off eating forever.........baahhahahhaahh! That is a long day and I don't blame you!

OK I'm intrigued how on earth do you put liquids and flours into a frying machine? Please share! I didn't know you didn't have to syn cornflour either so thanks for that. :D

You just open the lid and put them in :D No skill necessary :D

Oh you do have to syn the cornflour - it's 1 syn per tsp :D:D Sorry I missed it off :eek:

HI All,

Hope all is well and going in the right direction. I must admit I am starting to lose focus and struggling a bit. Not sure why as I was for a long time into the whole plan as it is so mangeable and you can you eat more or less what you want with in reason. I just don't want to go off track and gain the 2 pounds I have lost and then drop it completely.

Any thoughts?

I was the same just over a week ago Sammy, so I changed plans. So I switched from my usual red with the ocassional green day, to EE. I sat and planned a whole weeks menu - mostly new things that I hadn't had before. I had a fab week, really enjoyed my food, it gave me my focus and motivation back, and rather than the week being an effort to stay on plan, I sailed through it without any problem :)

My biggest piece of advice would be to keep things interesting. Try new recipies as often as you can. There's lots of nice recipes on this forum in the recipie section for you to look at. Also having a peep at other members diaries can be really inspiring, and as well as giving you some fresh meal ideas, some of diaries include lovely pictures :D

I've also found that if there's a particular dish I really really want, there's usually always a way to make it SW friendly with a tweak and a substitution here and there :D

I'm sure other people on here will come alone with some more ideas for you, but that's my best shot before 6am :D lol Good luck xx

p.s.

Good luck to all our Tuesday weighers :D Go girls! xx

Good luck for all those weighing today!

Today is not a battle against food, food is easy in comparison... its a battle to not kill my youngest who kept me up ALL night... AGAIN! Seriously feeling like crap, I don't know what to do with him arghh

HI All,

Hope all is well and going in the right direction. I must admit I am starting to lose focus and struggling a bit. Not sure why as I was for a long time into the whole plan as it is so mangeable and you can you eat more

Any thoughts?

Sammy.....you can do this, don't give up!

I have same problem from time to time and can't really explain it. I do find that I eventually snap out of it although once it went over a week!! The main thing is just to go back to it when you snap out of it and I find planning is vital for me or I just go overboard.

Corky is right - look at recipes for inspiration and I love some of the quick and easy options - pizza using the warburton Wrap thins are quick and you can vary the toppings. I freeze the wraps to keep as a standby and the whole family love them - even nicer than shop bought pizza.

Good luck xxxxx

HI All,

Any thoughts?

Is there anything else going on in your life that would make you sabotage yourself? As you say it's a very flexible plan and last week when I was off it I really missed it. Any personal upheaval, stress or changes can make me want to turn to over eating, maybe you are the same? Sound advice from the others to mix things up a bit. Come and chat DON'T give up!! :bighug:
You just open the lid and put them in :D No skill necessary :D

Oh you do have to syn the cornflour - it's 1 syn per tsp :D:D Sorry I missed it off :eek:

You daft bugger! LOL I was just wondering how they worked in a fryer. It is a fryer right? I think if you threw the same stuff in a deep fat fryer you would have different results which is what I was wondering what the difference was. Hmm never seen one in action you see. I will have to see if I can see any video's on YouTube or somefink....

2lbs ON for me this week. I don't know what to think to be honest...I'm not too sad because I keep thinking damned scales not the be all and end all....then my crappy head kicks in and I think what have I done?! (nothing truthfully I don't think) but I think the mix up of diets last week (never went over 1500 cals a day and still exercised) and today I can hardly walk without wincing hasn't helped. :( SORRY guys. I will make it up next week plus an additional loss hopefully.

Re the 30 Day Shred....I can hardly walk. Sitting on the toilet was murder, talk about needing grab rails!
redface.gif
Getting up and down the stairs....you are having a laugh (but I'm not lol!) Am I supposed to do this daily???! I know my muscles will get used to it but strewth!

You daft bugger! LOL I was just wondering how they worked in a fryer. It is a fryer right? I think if you threw the same stuff in a deep fat fryer you would have different results which is what I was wondering what the difference was. Hmm never seen one in action you see. I will have to see if I can see any video's on YouTube or somefink....

:D:D I'm not daft! Whatever gave you that idea! :8855:

Well regarding the Actifry..............it's not just a fryer :D It's not at all like a deep fat fryer either. It will cook a batch of chips with only the addition of a tsp of oil :D so you see, not like a fryer at all really :D It's also like a little oven, and will cook loads of different things from chips, to chillies, to pork chops (sorry :D lol) It will do most things an oven can but quicker and cheaper and SW friendly..........unlike a flipping deep fat fryer where everything you chuck in literally swims in oil :D

Yes, watch a youtube video, you will be amazed :D

2lbs ON for me this week. I don't know what to think to be honest...I'm not too sad because I keep thinking damned scales not the be all and end all....then my crappy head kicks in and I think what have I done?! (nothing truthfully I don't think) but I think the mix up of diets last week (never went over 1500 cals a day and still exercised) and today I can hardly walk without wincing hasn't helped. :( SORRY guys. I will make it up next week plus an additional loss hopefully.

Re the 30 Day Shred....I can hardly walk. Sitting on the toilet was murder, talk about needing grab rails! :eek: Getting up and down the stairs....you are having a laugh (but I'm not lol!) Am I supposed to do this daily???! I know my muscles will get used to it but strewth!

Your gain is most probably the result of you changing plans and your exercise muscles retaining fluid. Try not to let if mess with you head too much twill go as quick as it came :D

:D:D I'm not daft! Whatever gave you that idea! :8855:

Well regarding the Actifry..............it's not just a fryer :D It's not at all like a deep fat fryer either. It will cook a batch of chips with only the addition of a tsp of oil :D so you see, not like a fryer at all really :D It's also like a little oven, and will cook loads of different things from chips, to chillies, to pork chops (sorry :D lol) It will do most things an oven can but quicker and cheaper and SW friendly..........unlike a flipping deep fat fryer where everything you chuck in literally swims in oil :D

Yes, watch a youtube video, you will be amazed :D

Your gain is most probably the result of you changing plans and your exercise muscles retaining fluid. Try not to let if mess with you head too much twill go as quick as it came :D

Wow sounds intriguing! Will deffo go and have a nosey at one. Thanks for the support Corky.
COME ON THE TUESDAY WEIGHERS!!!! YOU HAVE TO LOSE MY ADDED TWO POUND TOO!!! :D

30 day shred = I'm dead....bloody hell!! The abs section was fine but jumping around OMFG! I had to pause it for 2 minutes to get my breath back. If anyone else does decide to do this just a point WEAR A GOOD BRA!! I notice that Gillian and co don't have any boobs to speak of whilst mine aren't massive they are more than ample :8855:think I jumped up and down right out of my bra on more than one occasion :eek:. I know EXACTLY what they mean when people have said they can't walk up and down the stairs the day after - strewth - except mine started a few hours later. You would think that all the cycling I do would mean some same muscle group workouts but OOOOooOOh nooooo blinking Nora! OUCH!
Also back doing SW again. My messing about off plan doing the calorie counting plus I did some other aerobic exercise dvds last week I am not hoping for good things tomorrow for weigh in. Possibly a STS which is fine as long as I catch up next week.....:(
HOPE EVERYONE ELSE IS IN FINE FORM FOR ANOTHER WEEK OF KICKING WEIGHT LOSS BUTT!!

Oh V4L well done on doing it in the first place and your poor aching body get some nice young man to give you a rub down :rotflmao: xx

Had an atrocious night with Miles last night so Andy let me have a lie in, he is good!

We are contemplating moving back to the Midlands when our lease ends here... Lots of pros to go and not that many to stay. Lots to think about. Will be sad to leave my sw group as have made some really good friends. Have made some nice mummy friends too.

We shall see what the next couple of months brings.

Ellen you will make friends again if you move especially with a little one there are lots of groups you can join and you will make new friends at your new SW group and don't forget us lot :eek:
I moved to the Midlands (kidderminster) when my boy was 18 months old (he's now 24 eek :O) but you got to get yourself out there xx

Well done Dextersmum grate lose :) x

Re the 30 Day Shred....I can hardly walk. Sitting on the toilet was murder, talk about needing grab rails! :eek: Getting up and down the stairs....you are having a laugh (but I'm not lol!) Am I supposed to do this daily???! I know my muscles will get used to it but strewth!

V4L don't you dare say sorry we all go there and by the sounds of it you did ok, your body just needs to catch up on your mixed up diet. Good luck with the brutal shred :bighug: xx

I am feeling my cloths get loser what a fab feeling, why can't they bottle that ay :rolleyes:
Being lazy and not doing any exercise this week and totaly enjoying my time while DH is away. Sticking to plan and having some syn free treats. Here is a couple of recipies I have had over the weekend.

Lemon Pudding syn free

1 or 2 lemons or limes
2 eggs
3 or 4tbsp sweetener
Quark or 0% Greek yogurt

Squeeze the lemon into a bowl with the 2 eggs, sweetener and mix together, place bowl over a pan of boiling water and keep whisking to its a thick constituent (custard looking) take off heat, mix in 1 tbsp of quark or Greek yogurt to make it more creamer, serve into small bowls, eat warm or cold, you can change the lemon for lime or orange. And zing it up a bit more with a little grated rind.

Apple Betty

Ingredients

340g/12oz eating apples
57g/2oz sultanas(7 syns) This are the only syns and the pud tastes great without them
8 eggs
42g artificial sweetner
2 tsp vanilla essence
250g/9oz vanilla Mullerlight yoghurt
pinch of cinnamon
Method

1. Peel, core and slice the apples. Place into a flan dish and sprinkle on the sultanas. These are the only syns in this recipe so I took them our simples.....
2. Beat the eggs with the artificial sweetener and vanilla essence. Add the Mullerlight yogurt and beat again.
3. Pour over the apples and sultanas (allowing the mixture to sink) and sprinkle with cinnamon. Cook in a moderate oven 190°C/Gas Mark 5 until set approximately
30 minutes.

Have a lovely day all and good luck to the Tuesday weigh-in xx

Ladies! I have a confession! I am a dunce as cannot for the life of me figure out how to PM my weight loss to Corkscrew!

Good news though- first week: 5lbs gone! I've come home and had weightwatchers sausages (1/2 syn each) and baked beans for breakfast. Cooked extra to have for lunch at work tomorrow- am trying to be very organised. Had a good week though- even went out for the day to look at a uni with my son and took couscous with roasted veg so I wasn't tempted to buy anything out!

Tonight am going to learn how to PM, do tickers, do my signature and anything else I need to be a bit more on the ball!

Good luck this week everyone! Xxx

I am feeling my cloths get loser what a fab feeling, why can't they bottle that ay :rolleyes:
Being lazy and not doing any exercise this week and totaly enjoying my time while DH is away. Sticking to plan and having some syn free treats. Here is a couple of recipies I have had over the weekend.

Lemon Pudding syn free

1 or 2 lemons or limes
2 eggs
3 or 4tbsp sweetener
Quark or 0% Greek yogurt

Squeeze the lemon into a bowl with the 2 eggs, sweetener and mix together, place bowl over a pan of boiling water and keep whisking to its a thick constituent (custard looking) take off heat, mix in 1 tbsp of quark or Greek yogurt to make it more creamer, serve into small bowls, eat warm or cold, you can change the lemon for lime or orange. And zing it up a bit more with a little grated rind.

Apple Betty

Ingredients

340g/12oz eating apples
57g/2oz sultanas(7 syns) This are the only syns and the pud tastes great without them
8 eggs
42g artificial sweetner
2 tsp vanilla essence
250g/9oz vanilla Mullerlight yoghurt
pinch of cinnamon
Method

1. Peel, core and slice the apples. Place into a flan dish and sprinkle on the sultanas. These are the only syns in this recipe so I took them our simples.....
2. Beat the eggs with the artificial sweetener and vanilla essence. Add the Mullerlight yogurt and beat again.
3. Pour over the apples and sultanas (allowing the mixture to sink) and sprinkle with cinnamon. Cook in a moderate oven 190°C/Gas Mark 5 until set approximately
30 minutes.

Have a lovely day all and good luck to the Tuesday weigh-in xx

Well done on the baggy clothes Lynda :D lol

Thanks for the recipies :D I;ve nicked them and added them to my growing collection :D

Ladies! I have a confession! I am a dunce as cannot for the life of me figure out how to PM my weight loss to Corkscrew!

Good news though- first week: 5lbs gone! I've come home and had weightwatchers sausages (1/2 syn each) and baked beans for breakfast. Cooked extra to have for lunch at work tomorrow- am trying to be very organised. Had a good week though- even went out for the day to look at a uni with my son and took couscous with roasted veg so I wasn't tempted to buy anything out!

Tonight am going to learn how to PM, do tickers, do my signature and anything else I need to be a bit more on the ball!

Good luck this week everyone! Xxx

I don't think you have enough posts to be able to PM anyone Debs, so I'd say you're not a real dunce :D lol

Well done on the loss! That's a fab loss :D I'll update you right now! :)

I think you may need to get more posts in before you can include tickers on your signature too. Not sure of the amount you need, but I'm sure it tells you on one of the threads on here :D

Oh I love the WW sausages, but there weren't any in Tesco this week. Very annoyed because the Eat Smart ones are double the points of the WW ones! Grrrr lol

OMG I can't keep up- I read all the posts and think I'll reply to each but it would go on for days so I'll just do what I rememeber. V4L you're doing a great job on selling the shred to me NOT. My best tip walk downstairs backwards it hurts less. Don't be daft we'll likely all have gains at some point and that's why we didn't go for a weekly loss target for the team so nobody would feel they'd let the team down.

Lynda your puds sound fab. Don't you have to syn the apples too as you're cooking them. I can't remember properly.

Fab loss Clare. Well done. I find the easiest way to PM somebody is to go to one of their posts and click on their name (top left) it comes up with an option to send a PM. sorted. :D Edit typing same time as Corky. Forgot you need 50 posts for most things on here.

Good luck to all the other Tuesday Tinselers. :D

:waves: bit late posting my result, but 1lb off for me this week. feeling really good atm. feeling lighter when i walk, for the first time, and actually feel like i can lose weight. hoping for another good week.

Oh I love the WW sausages, but there weren't any in Tesco this week. Very annoyed because the Eat Smart ones are double the points of the WW ones! Grrrr lol

I thought eat smart were 1/2 a syn too.....am I wrong? Just checked Cumberland are 1 syn plain ones are 1/2 Syn :)

Lynda your puds sound fab. Don't you have to syn the apples too as you're cooking them. I can't remember properly.

The apples don't stew they are still crisp after cooking so I guess they don't count. This recipe is on the SW web site so check it out there I think I'am right, but then I always do :giggle:xx

:waves: bit late posting my result, but 1lb off for me this week. feeling really good atm. feeling lighter when i walk, for the first time, and actually feel like i can lose weight. hoping for another good week.

:wavey: well done Miss Chatterbox it all counts in the end :) x

Back