**TEAM TINSEL** 4 stone for Christmas

1.5lbs off. Am a little disappointed as I've been on it totally this week and last. Only things group could suggest was that my youngest has upped his boob intake due to feeling crappy so maybe I should have upped my calories a little too and also I need to make sure I use all the healthy extras I'm allowed. Need 3.5lbs for my 3st award, would like that next week, If not I WILL get it the week after.

ellen83 said:
1.5lbs off. Am a little disappointed as I've been on it totally this week and last. Only things group could suggest was that my youngest has upped his boob intake due to feeling crappy so maybe I should have upped my calories a little too and also I need to make sure I use all the healthy extras I'm allowed. Need 3.5lbs for my 3st award, would like that next week, If not I WILL get it the week after.

It's still a cracking loss an thats all you need to be averaging to hot the Christmas target so be pleased with it :)
I'm intending to get my 3st in two weeks so hopefully we can congratulate each other :)

Well done on the loss Ellen as Emmey says it all counts and you're going in the right direction. I'm getting near the 3st mark too so we may all be celebrating together. :D

Purple Patsy said:
Well done on the loss Ellen as Emmey says it all counts and you're going in the right direction. I'm getting near the 3st mark too so we may all be celebrating together. :D

Yeah!! We can all do it :)

It's still a cracking loss an thats all you need to be averaging to hot the Christmas target so be pleased with it :)
I'm intending to get my 3st in two weeks so hopefully we can congratulate each other :)

I know, I know. Another week another loss and all that Jazz. By the end of May we'll all have our 3st shinies!

image-3430738922.jpg

Awww don't be sad....it's GREAT really. I know it can suck when we thought we had done particularly well... but YOU DID!! Get scoffing your HEX and you WILL have that 3 stone award before you know it! :bighug:

Good evening Tinselers! Sorry I've not been able to post much this week. I have been keeping up with the goings-on but it seems there aren't enough hours in the day at the moment.

Everyone seems to be having a great week, even those that have gained, you've had more than good reason to and I'm v impressed by your attitudes and the immediacy it seems you've been able to get it off :D Am loving the recipe sharing as well. Giving me lots of new ideas to try, although I have to admit that my cooking from scratch has been a little less recently, but I had plenty of other stuff that I'd frozen so have been 100% this week again.

You may have noticed from my signature (it's large enough, I know) that I'm attempting a bike ride challenge in July. I won't waffle on about it here but if you'd like to know any more have a lookie at my diary. I'm spending quite a lot of time out on the bike trying to get fit enough to do it, hence the absence. I've also recently started an OU course and had first tutorial last Sat. I was mega behind so have had to put in the hours this week as I had my 1st assignment due on Tues. Am pleased to report a 100% pass-grade :innocent0002: (although it's only worth 4% of final grade) so the hours have obviously been worth it :D

Anyway, just felt I should explain the reason for my absence and apologise in advance as it's likely to be like this for a while.

Weigh-in for me tomorrow and am hoping for a loss (obv.) Think I will but not sure how much. I'm done with predicting as it sometimes gets my hopes up! Hopefully my group will be in a bit better fettle tomorrow as they were depressing last week!

Good luck everyone for the week ahead. xx

Good luck Andrea xxx

Hope team tinsel are all going strong - I'm behaving and just spent hours shopping at Tesco's (online!!) :)
Had smoked haddock, peas and Mash tonight.....was lovely xx

Quick visit!

Gained 2,5 - not a disaster and actually pleased - a week totally off plan with food and drink on holiday so think that's a fair gain

Hope it enjoys itself cause it won't be there next week and it'll take some little friends with it too :)

Good luck to the other Wednesday girls!

That's good for a weeks holiday :D I think I could gain that much sniffing the fumes just walking past Greggs! :8855:

3.5lbs for :bliss: delighted:D

Fantastic loss Lynda :D Well done you!! :wee:

I made your Chicken Jambalya last night. Going to have it for tea tonight :D I had a little taste last night though and it's flipping lovely :D That's another good recipie that's made it to my 'will make again' folder :D

I broke the cardinal rule and hopped on the scales this morning as I was so fed up yesterday (see diary if you want as not going to 'go on' again here) because despite my ''not all about the scales'' mantra I was more than sad about the 'gain'. HOWEVER happy to report that the 2lb has now gone and I STS it appears. HURRAH! So the lead legs and peeing for England yesterday was the cause it appears (too much information, apologies :eek:). If you have altered my stats would you mind knocking off the 2lb (only when you are doing everyone else so it doesn't do my head in pretty please!) Mwwwah!

Good Luck to the rest of the Wednesday gang and for the Thursday crew too. :D

Told you so :p ner ner ner ner ner! :8855: I'll change your stats in a mo :D

That's still a good loss Ellen, so try not to be disappointed :D You're doing great! xx

Yeah!! We can all do it :)

We sure can! :D

Love it!

Good evening Tinselers! Sorry I've not been able to post much this week. I have been keeping up with the goings-on but it seems there aren't enough hours in the day at the moment.

Everyone seems to be having a great week, even those that have gained, you've had more than good reason to and I'm v impressed by your attitudes and the immediacy it seems you've been able to get it off :D Am loving the recipe sharing as well. Giving me lots of new ideas to try, although I have to admit that my cooking from scratch has been a little less recently, but I had plenty of other stuff that I'd frozen so have been 100% this week again.

You may have noticed from my signature (it's large enough, I know) that I'm attempting a bike ride challenge in July. I won't waffle on about it here but if you'd like to know any more have a lookie at my diary. I'm spending quite a lot of time out on the bike trying to get fit enough to do it, hence the absence. I've also recently started an OU course and had first tutorial last Sat. I was mega behind so have had to put in the hours this week as I had my 1st assignment due on Tues. Am pleased to report a 100% pass-grade :innocent0002: (although it's only worth 4% of final grade) so the hours have obviously been worth it :D

Anyway, just felt I should explain the reason for my absence and apologise in advance as it's likely to be like this for a while.

Weigh-in for me tomorrow and am hoping for a loss (obv.) Think I will but not sure how much. I'm done with predicting as it sometimes gets my hopes up! Hopefully my group will be in a bit better fettle tomorrow as they were depressing last week!

Good luck everyone for the week ahead. xx

WOW you are a busy bee! Very impressed with your planned charity bike ride :) I would love to do something like that!

Well done on your 100% pass :clap: What course are you doing Andrea??

Good luck for WI xx

Good morning everyone :D

I can't believe it's Thursday already :eek: this week is romping past!

Good luck to all our lovely Thursday weighers :D

Good luck Andrea xxx

That's good for a weeks holiday :D I think I could gain that much sniffing the fumes just walking past Greggs! :8855:

:8855: :8855:
What course are you doing Andrea??

Good luck for WI xx

Moooorning!

Good luck Thursday shrinkers!

Thanks for the luck peeps. I'll be off in about half an hour, so will report back later. x

The course I'm doing in B291 Financial Accounting
rekenen.gif

I broke the cardinal rule and hopped on the scales this morning as I was so fed up yesterday (see diary if you want as not going to 'go on' again here) because despite my ''not all about the scales'' mantra I was more than sad about the 'gain'. HOWEVER happy to report that the 2lb has now gone and I STS it appears. HURRAH! So the lead legs and peeing for England yesterday was the cause it appears (too much information, apologies :eek:). If you have altered my stats would you mind knocking off the 2lb (only when you are doing everyone else so it doesn't do my head in pretty please!) Mwwwah!

Good Luck to the rest of the Wednesday gang and for the Thursday crew too. :D

STS is a good place to be well done hope the shred is going well xx

Well done 1.5 is a good weigh loss and it will show next week, just missed the 16s but so close to 3st that fab. Great target for end of May :fingerscrossed: xx

I made your Chicken Jambalya last night. Going to have it for tea tonight :D I had a little taste last night though and it's flipping lovely :D That's another good recipie that's made it to my 'will make again' folder :D

Good luck to all our lovely Thursday weighers :D

Glad you liked it :D

oops went and did some work and left this open so I a probs way out of date with notes, :giggle: have a good day everyone, go get it Thursdayers :) xx

Reporting in with a 3lb loss :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: etc.

Got my 1.5 stone award and more importantly, am now more than halfway to my target :D :D

Did I say :woohoo:?

Am out for dinner with work peeps tonight (3 courses) so am going to have to really be "on it" the rest of the week. I'm making myself drive though so as not to overdo it too much. It's good that it's tonight as I'll have six days to get any gain off :)

Happy Thursday Everyone xxxx

Reporting in with a 3lb loss :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: etc.

Got my 1.5 stone award and more importantly, am now more than halfway to my target :D :D

Am out for dinner with work peeps tonight (3 courses) so am going to have to really be "on it" the rest of the week. I'm making myself drive though so as not to overdo it too much. It's good that it's tonight as I'll have six days to get any gain off :)

WELL DONE YOU!!!! :D Enjoy yourself tonight and good idea to drive........don't get talked into leaving the car in the carpark or round a friends...think we have all done that before now...:whistle:

Thanks Corky for altering my ''told you so'' stats :D :D :D Shred is going well thanks Lynda, I have done it twice. I am doing it every other day with half an hour on the bike plus walking. The bike notched up to a new tension for one hour on the days I'm not doing it plus walking. So adding in the shred to my exercise mix hopefully will help my weight loss. It's surprising how much I am recovering tbh. I thought I would never walk properly again on Tuesday....lol. When I feel a bit more confident and my stamina has increased I will ease myself into doing it every day but for now this is enough. I would recommend it if anyone feels like a "hardcore sweat your butt off and everywhere else" workout. :D

Last edited:
Andrea81 said:

Fanflipping tastic!! Well done!!

Fabaroonie :D Well done you on a brilliant loss! :woohoo: Congrats on your 1.5 stone award AND getting halfway to target! :D

Enjoy yourself tonight :)

WOOOOHOOO i lost 2lb! Just shows body magic really pays off! Well chuffed with myself! Got my stone award and bronze for body magic!
THAT'S BRILLIANT WELL DONE YOU BIG LOSER! :D

Well done PP and Mummy (hmmm not my mummy ;)) and ALL the other losers for Monday and Tuesday. GOOD LUCK WEDNESDAY WEIGHERS!!!! xox
WELL DONE PURPLE PATSY - DIDN'T NOTICE YOU SLIPPING THAT 1LB LOSS IN HAD TO BACK TRACK!!! ANOTHER BIG LOSER! :p

Any of you doing EE? I am doing red days and quite liked it withe the two HEX A & B but I am wondering if EE will provide more variety of meals without trying to hard. I am not really in a position to be doing meals from scratch such as recipes. I have invested in a three tier steamer so wanted to get cracking with that. I am just a little bit worried of more carbs in EE as I think I am more carb senstive hence the doing the red days with a little bit of carbs.
I follow EE - its is so Extra Easy (excuse the pun) whereever you go you can find something that you can eat - everything is balanced and it fits in well with the family. Years ago when it was just red or green, the green didn't like me :mad: and the red loved me unfortunately I don't do meat so before long I was off the diet!

Corky did a week of EE last week and she had amazing results and really good meals!

Hope the move, moves quickly for you, that's a big difference in price. Didn't get on with the Coke chicken bit nothing, maybe I did it wrong :( Good luck with WI xx

Went to shopping centre for late night shopping got home at 9pm dinner at 10pm settled down to sleep 11pm up at 6:15am :4635:
But feeling really positive and looking forward to my 2lb lose tonight :scales:

My shopping was good last night got a lovely jacket from New Look really trendy and a size 18, can't do the zip up but it looks great.
Defo a size 18 in jeans now tried loads on last night from various shops and they all fitted. Ended up getting jeggings from M&S, size 16, but M&S are generous with their sizing.
Got a lovely outfit for DD(20) too. We are both going out with my work colleagues on Friday, a leaving do, starting at 2pm in the afternoon :eek: in Bristol :giggle: really looking forward to it.

Oh I forgot gotta tell you I had a "moment" last night in M&S. I love their sweets and chocs :drool: and would never go there without buying these
View attachment 49626View attachment 49627
and not just one bag or one bar there would be multiples.

By this time it was 8:45 and DD and her friend and myself were tired and hungry. We picked a snack from the reduced isle, they had sandwiches, sausage rolls, crisps and a drink
I had a tub of strawberries and a sugar free drink, that's it nothing else and it wasn't as if I had to pull myself away from the goodies I didn't even look at them.
This is truly a revelation for me and I am so pleased and inspired by it
I have seen the light :character00100:
Oh I love Percy Pigs....Lynda the diet coke didn't work for me either! Have you tried the Sweet and Sour Fanta recipe?

Well done on the shrinking...I have loads of 16s that I am desperate to fit back into!

Wear your 18/16s with pride! Enjoy Bristol x

I kinda improvised my own coke chicken recipe as saw so many different ones lol
Oh Ellen you'll have to share as mine was horrid and dry

Sammy I've been doing red from the beginning with the ocassional green day thrown in, mainly becauseI was very reluctant to give up my 2 x Hexb & Hexa, plus carbs don't really like me :D Like you I started to get a tad bored after a while, so before I started losing motivation etc, I switched to EE just over a week ago and I'm loving it. It's totally transformed my menus because there was so much more I could cook, I'm totally motivated again and I don't even miss the extra Hex's you get on red and green. I am careful with my carb portions though. I'd encourage anyone to give it a try :)
I thought I'd not seen Eat Smart in Tesco!! :8855::8855: I've looked everywhere for the McCartney red onion sausages but have never been able to find them :( I would love to try them :)
I must admit I managed to get 1 packet in Asda weeks ago but haven't seen them since I think I am right in saying that the Linda McCartney Italian Sausages are £1 a 6 pack but 1/2 syn each - might be good as chorizo substitute - anyone tried them?

Dear all interested in Red onion bangers :)
I got them in Asda the big store in Cribbs Causeway which is only 10mins from where I work so pop in there occasional.
Picked up 4 packs on £1 each and still have 1 left in the freezer.
I used them in chicken jambalaya instead of regular LF sausages making the recipe syn free
Chicken Jambalaya

ingredients

1 onion, finely chopped
1lb/454g chicken thigh fillets, cut into bite-size chunks
3 cooked sausages cut up
1 red, 1 green and 1 yellow pepper, deseeded and roughly chopped
2 courgettes, roughly chopped
2 tsp dried thyme
zest and juice of 1 lemon
400g can chopped tomatoes
9oz/255g long grain rice
16fl oz/454ml chicken stock
salt and freshly ground black pepper
a handful of fresh parsley, chopped

method

1. Heat a large pan sprayed with Fry Light. Add the onion and fry for 10 minutes to soften. Stir in the chicken and carry on cooking over a medium heat for 10 minutes.
2. Add the peppers, courgettes, thyme, lemon zest, chopped tomatoes, rice and stock and bring to the boil. Reduce to a simmer, cover and cook for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Remove the pan from the heat, stir in the lemon juice and season to taste. Leave the jambalaya in the pan for a few minutes to soak up any remaining liquid. Serve sprinkled with some freshly chopped parsley.

Hope you all done mind me filling up this string with my recipes just like to share good ones :) xx
Oh I love jambayla!

Quick visit!

Gained 2,5 - not a disaster and actually pleased - a week totally off plan with food and drink on holiday so think that's a fair gain

Hope it enjoys itself cause it won't be there next week and it'll take some little friends with it too :)

Good luck to the other Wednesday girls!
Fab attitude Emmey - I will be adopting the same one for my holiday in July - where I shall expect a gain!

3.5lbs for :bliss: delighted:D
FLIPPIN BRILLIANT _ ANOTHER BIG LOSER:)

Tut tut! me too lol! my have STS, I bet its not a real gain and you've lost really x

WELL DONE THAT'S BRILLIANT - that 3st shiney will be yours by end of the month xxx

Hope team tinsel are all going strong - I'm behaving and just spent hours shopping at Tesco's (online!!) :)
Had smoked haddock, peas and Mash tonight.....was lovely xx
Hi Dex - canyou send me some shopping please?

Good luck Thursday shrinkers!
OH I LOVE SHRINKERS!!!

Hi everyone, some truly amazing losses - I think I missed Andrea out - amazing loss babe - well done!

I feel slimmer this week got into a new top I bought pre diet that was so tight around my tummy and bust I looked like Mr Michelin's wife!

I put it on and its loose!! am so proud of myself

Well weigh in tomorrow, feel slimmer but scales haven't budged since last Friday

Converted my Chorizo Pasta (Rachel Allen Recipe) recipe for tea, omg it tasted so naughty...didn't even miss the garlic bread

Good luck for all weighing in tomorrow, donna xxx

Back