**TEAM TINSEL** 4 stone for Christmas

Oh, do you go to my group perchance? :8855: :8855:

Just last week I was so infuriated by exactly these kinds of comments going-on. Well, done on how you responded to it. I came away last week thinking, "some of those people at group are so clueless, I'm damned if I'm going to go down that route, it's embarassing" and it looks like you've done the same. :happy096:
Just watch, next week you'll get the loss you deserve (A can feel it in me watta).

I read somewhere (perhaps on this thread, maybe another, so sorry if repeating) that someone was told to always look at their weight-loss over a fortnight. Like this lady at group, last week she lost 4.5 lbs this week gained 0.5lb she was peed off this week and delighted last. But I bet if you'd asked her two weeks ago if she'd be happy with a 2lb loss for the next two weeks she'd've snapped your hand off. It's no different to what actually happened to her, she is now 4lbs lighter than she was two weeks ago.

Don't let the ******* get you down! :)

Edit: OMG they've censored bug ger. STREWTH! ;)
Its infuriating I agree, I really can't see the point of staying to group - in fact I might speak to the consultant next time she texts me

The thing that worries me is that if I continue to lose 0.5lb a week - I will give up!

LOL AT B U G G E R !

Afternoon all

Just a quick message to say corky can't get online ATM she had a go at the 30 day shred - fell over and can't get back up! :(

no not really! her Internet is playing up, she will be back when it's fixed to update stats etc in the mean time shout if anyone has any problems - good luck Saturday ladies! Have a nice weekend all!
Emmey1 that's not nice LOL! :rotflmao:, I had a lovely image of her tied in a knot pmsl! :8855:

Lets hope it gets sorted soon, we are missing you Miss Corky!

I'm sitting here feeling really sorry for myself with a bag of frozen green beans under my left Achilles tendon. A few years ago I had an accident at work and ruptured it. I had a cast on then a vacoped (like a gladiator boot), intensive physio and I STUPIDLY forgot about it. They did tell me that I had a weakness in them both but I've just got on with my life as you do. This afternoon after my morning of exercise (see diary if you want to know what I did) I am now hobbling. The pain is awful and I am HOPING I haven't ruptured it again. I HOPE it's just been irritated, exacerbated by the upping of the exercise. Tomorrow morning will tell after it's been left for several hours. P!ssed off is not the word to describe my mood right now. :mad::cry:I have been doing so well with the exercise and now this. My plans for tomorrow are scuppered (wanted to do the same routine as today) regardless as I will have to ease up for a few days at least. Hubbs is even saying that I should stay off the bike. :( Send me good vibes please peeps. :vibes:
OH NO VFL, am so sorry to hear this, hope you haven't ruptured it again - why don't you pop down to your local A&E? Good vibes heading from me to you x
:vibes::vibes::bighug::vibes::vibes:
Morning everyone, I've just had a slimming world version of a fried breadfast, dry-fried 2 eggs, tomato, baked beans, ham, and HE slice of toast, feeling really full now.
Mmmmm...am planning on a big fat non-fry up myself!

Can I come and join pleeease? I haven't had my 1st wi yet but really want to lose 4 stone by Christmas so this thread is perfect! That would then leave me with a couple of stone to lose in the new year. Don't want to rush things and want it to be sustainable once I hit target so will think I will aim for 7lbs a month then thats 1 year- 6 stone gonnne! 1st wi is Thurs but Im so tempted to hop on the scales before then! I've just had a lovely breakfast of Fruit covered in mullerlight and 2 melted alpen bars on top (heb)- delish!
Welcome Natterjack88 - although the group was quiet yesterday, this is undoubtedly the best Group on the boards, the ladies are motivational, inspirational and nuts!!! And their encouragement and support will keep you focused on your goal (Trust me if it hadn't been for their comments on Friday I would have gone into meltdown and binged bigtime)

Breakfast sounds yummy - I am yet to melt the alpen bars x

So I stuck to my word and started exercising - managed 15 mins on exercise bike, did 30 stomach crunches and 10x up and down our stairs. I have even found a Zumba class on Tuesday evening, going with a super skinny friend - ladies what would one wear to a zumba class?

Am off to my Dad's for dinner today - shepherds pie (its a Weight Watchers recipe) so no cheese but a little butter - I think I am going to call it 8 syns - do you think that's enough?

Good luck to all our lovely ladies that weigh in today xxxx

Morning all and big welcome Natterjack (brekkie sounds scrumptious)

VFL - hope your leg is better and not too much damage done - big hugs

Sorry haven't been around much but pleased to report a 2 lb loss - yay :)

Hope everyone is well and here's to another good week xxxx
Morning Dextersmum - AMAZING LOSS - WELL DONE!!!

How are you planning on spending your Sunday?

Thanks Donna xxxxx

Planning a lovely Sunday dinner........roast gammon joint with loads of veggies then off to visit my mum this afternoon. In between will be the very boring but necessary cleaning of house!

What about yourself?

Urgh that class! what are people like? I know it's hard to break old habits but the consultant should be all over that kind of crap! Not surprised you are fed up and I agree, waste of money! For a positive add your cleaning to body magic (as I am sure you fill that in with going to class) and for not eating ''fed up crap'' give yourself another HUGE pat on the back. Looking at your stats it seems to be regular every other week a half pound loss. I wouldn't worry about it in a ''doing something wrong'' sense. The only thing I can suggest is to mix it up a bit with some exercise (presuming you aren't already but if you are try something different?) same with your menu's. Sorry I can't think of anything else other than the usual eat your syns, your HEX and stay on plan but you know all that already ;) Sorry you had a sh!t day. :flowers:

Sorry VFL, only just spotted this, I must admit I don't eat all 15 syns and occasionally miss my HEB, I have started exercising, the lovely Shirleen pointed me in the direction of some short workouts you can download onto your phone so I shall be trying a couple of those shortly...oh and I have started drinking hot water and lemon rather than tea

Thanks Donna xxxxx

Planning a lovely Sunday dinner........roast gammon joint with loads of veggies then off to visit my mum this afternoon. In between will be the very boring but necessary cleaning of house!

What about yourself?

Gonna try and get 15 mins on the exercise bike (if my 2 year old allows) and a couple of 5 min workouts...followed by a full monte breakfast and then off to my Dad's for Sunday Lunch - Weight Watchers shepherds pie - I think its syn free but i am gonig to allow 8 syns just in case

Oooooo team tinsel i feel awful woke up to my first star week since febuary :-/ dont want to stand on the scales this week. I couldnt say no to frosties this morning. Very good tho. Ive weighed them n got a 30g bowl n very little milk coz i dont like milk anyway x walking 4mile laters too. Worked my ass of at gym too yday, i loved it! Love feeling the burn at this stage. From when i started i feel amazing its just a pitty we need star weeks :-/ grrr.

Morning everyone, I've just had a slimming world version of a fried breadfast, dry-fried 2 eggs, tomato, baked beans, ham, and HE slice of toast, feeling really full now.
Jings but this "diet" is awfy restrictive. NOT :D

Can I come and join pleeease? I haven't had my 1st wi yet but really want to lose 4 stone by Christmas so this thread is perfect! That would then leave me with a couple of stone to lose in the new year. Don't want to rush things and want it to be sustainable once I hit target so will think I will aim for 7lbs a month then thats 1 year- 6 stone gonnne! 1st wi is Thurs but Im so tempted to hop on the scales before then! I've just had a lovely breakfast of Fruit covered in mullerlight and 2 melted alpen bars on top (heb)- delish!
Welcome to the nuthouse. :D

Its infuriating I agree, I really can't see the point of staying to group - in fact I might speak to the consultant next time she texts me

The thing that worries me is that if I continue to lose 0.5lb a week - I will give up!

LOL AT B U G G E R !

So I stuck to my word and started exercising - managed 15 mins on exercise bike, did 30 stomach crunches and 10x up and down our stairs. I have even found a Zumba class on Tuesday evening, going with a super skinny friend - ladies what would one wear to a zumba class?

Am off to my Dad's for dinner today - shepherds pie (its a Weight Watchers recipe) so no cheese but a little butter - I think I am going to call it 8 syns - do you think that's enough?

Good luck to all our lovely ladies that weigh in today xxxx
Why would you give up if you were losing at half a pound a week tou'd still be going in the right direction and we all need to remember that the excess didn't go on overnight so we really should be patient when it's coming off. I used to want big losses but then realised if I had a big loss one week I ofter had no loss or even a gain the following week. My head prefers to see losses each week so now I just look for small consistent losses and I WILL get there eventually. Plus if it comes off slowly there's a theory it'll not go back on as easily. :D

Sorry VFL, only just spotted this, I must admit I don't eat all 15 syns and occasionally miss my HEB, I have started exercising, the lovely Shirleen pointed me in the direction of some short workouts you can download onto your phone so I shall be trying a couple of those shortly...oh and I have started drinking hot water and lemon rather than tea
Good advice from V4L eating your syns and HE's are important but I think drinking plenty has an even bigger effect. Still amazed at all the exercise you manange to do :D

Well done on the loss Dex. :D Goog luck to the other Sunday girls LMC & Sammy :D

Oh BUMS Galore!! I've just typed a mahoosive reply and my flipping puter just ate it all!! Grrrr I can't do it all again, so apologies for not replying to individual posts

Good morning everyone :D Sorry I've been AWOL, but as Em said, I did the shred and have only just managed to stand back up :D lol If only that was true.... I've got loads of chores and DIY done whilst my hands hanve been keyboard free though! lol

Some good losses going on here girls :D Well done everyone :clap::clap:

Welcome to the team Catherine and Natterjack :D I'll add you to the list on the front page and update it as you shrink :D What day do you both WI? How much are you aiming for Catherine........just so I can put a figure next to your name :D Anyway, good luck on your travels to slimsville both of you xx

Well I got a STS this week. Absolutely no idea why as I've been 100% spot on plan all week. All I can think of is that I've been doing EE and maybe had rice and pasta too often, and I have NEVER done well eating them! lol My plate is always 1/2 full of super free - love veg, so that's not a prob. Mmmmmm, anway, I'm not phased by the STS. I'm just gonna sit and plan my menu for the coming week (might be a bit weird and wonderful as I'm trying to use what I've got in before I stock up again) and pay more attention to the carb elements of my meals :D

So, what has everyone got planned for this rather dull Sunday? I'm gonna get a bit more DIY done I think......after I've planned my weekly menu and done a little bit of shopping :D

Have a lovely day everyone :)

I shall update your losses in a mo, and post our team total later on today. Sorry I've not contributed to our awesome total this week ladies......I did try though :D

HI All,

I'm completely messing this up with gaining the two pounds that I lost last week. I basically went of plan and did my own thing and this is the result. I'm angry but not surprised. I need to get back on track. It has been rough this week with over tiredness, severe back pain and late nights with work and courses which let to overeating and non healthy choices.

Wish me luck for next week as I am going to need it. I have to get moving with weight loss and keep going.

I was doing red days and was thinking doing of EE this week. Any ideas?

How is everyone?

HI All,

I'm completely messing this up with gaining the two pounds that I lost last week. I basically went of plan and did my own thing and this is the result. I'm angry but not surprised. I need to get back on track. It has been rough this week with over tiredness, severe back pain and late nights with work and courses which let to overeating and non healthy choices.

Wish me luck for next week as I am going to need it. I have to get moving with weight loss and keep going.

I was doing red days and was thinking doing of EE this week. Any ideas?

How is everyone?
Sorry to hear you've had a bad week and that gain will just top it off for you. But just draw your line on a bad week and start again. You can and will do this. Hope you have a better week and that you back get better soon, :D

Hi there, how’s everyone doing? I am having a good day,after a naughty week last week I weighed at class last Thurdsay, didn’t do aswell as I would have hoped, but I have been very good since I weighed. Stayedon plan (now the 4[SUP]th[/SUP] day) decided not to let myself go hungry, aslong as I have plenty of free food available to have at weak moments.
I other day I cooked Mushy Pea Curry (free), which I eatwithout the rice, Sponge cake 8 syns for whole cake, one syn cake very yummy,bergers(free), fishcakes(free), choc cake (12 syns for whole cake).
This week I have done several walks, cycling and startedjogging again (mostly downhill).
Hopefully I will do better at the scales next Thursday.:)

This week I have done several walks, cycling and startedjogging again (mostly downhill).

Blimey, you have done more in a week than I've done in a month.:D Hopefully now the weather is getting better I'll be able to take a leaf out of your book.
I've gone backwards this past week putting on 2lb!! So determined to stick to plan and do some walking this week. All the best for the coming week.

Thanks for the best wishes to you guys who commented. YAY for the losers (still love saying that ;)) and for those who STS or gained new week coming up let's kick some weight loss butt. I STS last week so I am due a loss on Tuesday. It does come back round. Try to keep positive and stick to plan as much as possible. YOU CAN DO IT!! Welcome to our new member Natterjack. HULLO!

Blimey, you have done more in a week than I've done in a month.:D Hopefully now the weather is getting better I'll be able to take a leaf out of your book.
I've gone backwards this past week putting on 2lb!! So determined to stick to plan and do some walking this week. All the best for the coming week.
I do some sort of exercise each day, always walking, bike ride, pilates DVD, and walk/jog, but I am aware not to over do it as I have a iffy lower back, I like to think I am fighting off old age for as long as I can anyway, I'm 57, a friend of mine aged 66 ran the London Marathon this year! Hope for me yet.

I have a new target! I need to lose as much weightbas possible for septembet 15th! My OH sister and her man r 30 this yr n have decided they want both families to go away for a spa weekend! Very excited! But i dont know his family and im very nervous to b in a swim suit around them. And some of my OH's family. Im 20 bloody stone :(. Grr. I really need to up my exercise and healthy eating. His sister is training for the moon walk(26mile) i reallllllly need to get my finger out. So i need to save some pennies for my treatments too, hope ill b so deserving of them by them too! X x

Hope u all are have a great weekend and i hope u all get a sunny week like its ment to b here in edinburgh! X happy losing losers!!! X :heartpump:

A little snippet from this months SW magazine that I thought was interesting:

60%. That's how much easier it is to resisit temptation when you say "No, I don't want it" instead of "No, I can't have it" Why? "I can't" makes you feel deprived, "I don't want" makes you feel empowered.
I'm going to have a go at being empowered as often as possible this week. Especially as I know the people at work who offer me naughty treats get really peed off when I say no. :D

Here's to a great week everyone. xx

Back