**TEAM TINSEL** 4 stone for Christmas

60%. That's how much easier it is to resisit temptation when you say "No, I don't want it" instead of "No, I can't have it" Why? "I can't" makes you feel deprived, "I don't want" makes you feel empowered.

I like that it's so positive. Very foggy here today, just right for jogging, can't be seen!!!

Morning team......hate Monday's!! The weekend has flown by - did loads of batch cooking yesterday so freezer/fridge stocked up with SW meals - here's to a great week xx

Welcome back Corky xx

Well Im still on track- I think! Had a massive roast dinner yesterday and didn't have to limit any of it- just synned it! I only had a mugshot for lunch so that prob wasn't the best thing to do but I didn't get chance to have it till 3. I watched OH eat 4(!) Boost bars yesterday- Only 62 syns!!!! (Im sure theres a smilie for this but Im still finding my way round!)Ooh found one!... :eek: And this is my oh (who is also supposed to be on a diet!) :17729:

3 days till weigh in and I want to check how Im doing! WI is evening so shall I wait till this eve to check? I've been good and not checked all week!

Hi everyone...how are you all doing? I still don't have internet access so grabbing the chance now at work as my little girl was poorly last week and I didn't get chance at all to post :(

I am now 3 stone and 7.5lbs lighter thanks to another 1lb loss this week. I am currently going through a "plateau" I think and just need to keep at it and I know I will start getting slighter better losses again - but 1lb per week is still a weight loss :) I have started going to Zumba twice a week for 45 minutes sessions - I am absolutely loving it!! Going tonight and then back to normal weigh in tomorrow night but not expecting much as I only weighed in on Saturday.

I will try and come back to catch up today and post some more. Hope everyone is ok :)

Lisa-Marie xx

Am off to my Dad's for dinner today - shepherds pie (its a Weight Watchers recipe) so no cheese but a little butter - I think I am going to call it 8 syns - do you think that's enough?
Can you believe my Dad decided to put cheese on his shepherds pie - I am 41 years old and he has never ever ever done it before! It was delish and I counted it as my HEA, resisted all the goodies and just had a pile of salad on my plate

Oooooo team tinsel i feel awful woke up to my first star week since febuary :-/ dont want to stand on the scales this week. I couldnt say no to frosties this morning. Very good tho. Ive weighed them n got a 30g bowl n very little milk coz i dont like milk anyway x walking 4mile laters too. Worked my ass of at gym too yday, i loved it! Love feeling the burn at this stage. From when i started i feel amazing its just a pitty we need star weeks :-/ grrr.
Wish you better MummyS x

Jings but this "diet" is awfy restrictive. NOT :D

Why would you give up if you were losing at half a pound a week tou'd still be going in the right direction and we all need to remember that the excess didn't go on overnight so we really should be patient when it's coming off. I used to want big losses but then realised if I had a big loss one week I ofter had no loss or even a gain the following week. My head prefers to see losses each week so now I just look for small consistent losses and I WILL get there eventually. Plus if it comes off slowly there's a theory it'll not go back on as easily. :D:D
Thanks Purple I agree with everything you say and I shall try really hard not to whinge anymore, its just so hard when you are 100% committed and I desperately want to look a little bit decent in my itsy bitsy teeny weeny yellow polka dot bikini in August! I think you need to kick me everytime I whinge xxx Thanks you for your kind, wise words x

Well I got a STS this week. Absolutely no idea why as I've been 100% spot on plan all week. All I can think of is that I've been doing EE and maybe had rice and pasta too often, and I have NEVER done well eating them! lol My plate is always 1/2 full of super free - love veg, so that's not a prob. Mmmmmm, anway, I'm not phased by the STS. I'm just gonna sit and plan my menu for the coming week (might be a bit weird and wonderful as I'm trying to use what I've got in before I stock up again) and pay more attention to the carb elements of my meals :D
Hi Corky - I am cutting back on the pasta this week - I think that's why my losses have stopped I think I had pasta or rice every night last week!

Have really missed you the last few days, WELCOME HOME!

HI All,

I'm completely messing this up with gaining the two pounds that I lost last week. I basically went of plan and did my own thing and this is the result. I'm angry but not surprised. I need to get back on track. It has been rough this week with over tiredness, severe back pain and late nights with work and courses which let to overeating and non healthy choices.

Wish me luck for next week as I am going to need it. I have to get moving with weight loss and keep going.

I was doing red days and was thinking doing of EE this week. Any ideas?

How is everyone?
Sorry to hear you've had a bad week - onwards and upward eh!
Hope you are feeling better, I have a slight curve at the base of my spine so I am feeling your pain! Wish you a better week this week

Blimey, you have done more in a week than I've done in a month.:D Hopefully now the weather is getting better I'll be able to take a leaf out of your book.
I've gone backwards this past week putting on 2lb!! So determined to stick to plan and do some walking this week. All the best for the coming week.
Hi Sprinkles - draw a line - that's the best way forward, enjoy your walking!

Hi there, how’s everyone doing? I am having a good day,after a naughty week last week I weighed at class last Thurdsay, didn’t do aswell as I would have hoped, but I have been very good since I weighed. Stayedon plan (now the 4[SUP]th[/SUP] day) decided not to let myself go hungry, aslong as I have plenty of free food available to have at weak moments.
I other day I cooked Mushy Pea Curry (free), which I eatwithout the rice, Sponge cake 8 syns for whole cake, one syn cake very yummy,bergers(free), fishcakes(free), choc cake (12 syns for whole cake).
This week I have done several walks, cycling and startedjogging again (mostly downhill).
Hopefully I will do better at the scales next Thursday.:)
HI Polyanna - you certainly have set the bar high this week! What do you think of the mushy pea curry - bearing in mind I heave at the smell of them - does it taste at all mushy pea?

Thanks for the best wishes to you guys who commented. YAY for the losers (still love saying that ;)) and for those who STS or gained new week coming up let's kick some weight loss butt. I STS last week so I am due a loss on Tuesday. It does come back round. Try to keep positive and stick to plan as much as possible. YOU CAN DO IT!! Welcome to our new member Natterjack. HULLO!
VFL - how's the leg???

I have a new target! I need to lose as much weightbas possible for septembet 15th! My OH sister and her man r 30 this yr n have decided they want both families to go away for a spa weekend! Very excited! But i dont know his family and im very nervous to b in a swim suit around them. And some of my OH's family. Im 20 bloody stone :(. Grr. I really need to up my exercise and healthy eating. His sister is training for the moon walk(26mile) i reallllllly need to get my finger out. So i need to save some pennies for my treatments too, hope ill b so deserving of them by them too! X x

Hope u all are have a great weekend and i hope u all get a sunny week like its ment to b here in edinburgh! X happy losing losers!!! X :heartpump:
WOW now that is something that would keep me on track - a SPA - oh how lovely - that would def keep me on track - there are some lovely swimsuits that hold it all in (like spanx and magic knickers) - but I just find them too uncomfy until your take them off and your belly goes "sssssssssssssttttttttthaaannnnkkk yoousssssssssss"

A little snippet from this months SW magazine that I thought was interesting:

60%. That's how much easier it is to resisit temptation when you say "No, I don't want it" instead of "No, I can't have it" Why? "I can't" makes you feel deprived, "I don't want" makes you feel empowered.
I'm going to have a go at being empowered as often as possible this week. Especially as I know the people at work who offer me naughty treats get really peed off when I say no. :D
Here's to a great week everyone. xx
thanks Andrea - I am going to copy this to my diary x

I like that it's so positive. Very foggy here today, just right for jogging, can't be seen!!!
LOL!

Morning team......hate Monday's!! The weekend has flown by - did loads of batch cooking yesterday so freezer/fridge stocked up with SW meals - here's to a great week xx
Oh what did you batch cook?

Well Im still on track- I think! Had a massive roast dinner yesterday and didn't have to limit any of it- just synned it! I only had a mugshot for lunch so that prob wasn't the best thing to do but I didn't get chance to have it till 3. I watched OH eat 4(!) Boost bars yesterday- Only 62 syns!!!! (Im sure theres a smilie for this but Im still finding my way round!)Ooh found one!... :eek: And this is my oh (who is also supposed to be on a diet!) :17729:

3 days till weigh in and I want to check how Im doing! WI is evening so shall I wait till this eve to check? I've been good and not checked all week!
Oh I really fancy a roast dinner! I have an OH just the same - the annoying thing is compared to my 100% 12.5lb loss, he has lost 36lbs in 6 weeks!

Hi everyone...how are you all doing? I still don't have internet access so grabbing the chance now at work as my little girl was poorly last week and I didn't get chance at all to post :(

I am now 3 stone and 7.5lbs lighter thanks to another 1lb loss this week. I am currently going through a "plateau" I think and just need to keep at it and I know I will start getting slighter better losses again - but 1lb per week is still a weight loss :) I have started going to Zumba twice a week for 45 minutes sessions - I am absolutely loving it!! Going tonight and then back to normal weigh in tomorrow night but not expecting much as I only weighed in on Saturday.

I will try and come back to catch up today and post some more. Hope everyone is ok :)

Lisa-Marie xx
Hope your little girl is better, its horrid when the kids are ill. Well done on your loss, donna x

Morning all - having a very lazy morning...beans on toast and satsumas for breakfast

Have been snapping up a few bargains on ebay - ready for my holiday in July - have played safe and bought a dress size two sizes smaller! Amazing I've spent about £18 on 9 items - they are all brand new with tags! Loving it!

Re Mushy Pea Curry, when the members at my local club talked about how nice this recipe was, I thought I wouldn't like it as I have never eaten curry in my life, decided to make it up with mild curry powder, and really liked it. As for the mushy peas I don't mind them, but if you hate them so much, can you substitute for something else, maybe use less, add more baked beans maybe.

A little snippet from this months SW magazine that I thought was interesting:

I'm going to have a go at being empowered as often as possible this week. Especially as I know the people at work who offer me naughty treats get really peed off when I say no. :D
Here's to a great week everyone. xx

I like that :D I shall be empowered this week too! :D

Welcome back Corky xx

Thanks Dex :) I'm not right keen on Mondays either :( Still, at least they only come round once a week! LOL I did loads of cooking yesterday too :D It's great getting home from work and not having to faff about cooking :D Chicken and mushroon teriyaki for me tonight - all I've got to do is stirfry some veggies :drool:

Lisa-Marie xx

Well done Lisa-Marie! You're doing sooooo well :D 3 stone 7.5lb gone is awesome :) Stick with it - show that plateau who's the boss! lol

I wish there was a zumba class round here - would love a bash at something that's fun :D

Hi Corky - I am cutting back on the pasta this week - I think that's why my losses have stopped I think I had pasta or rice every night last week!

Have really missed you the last few days, WELCOME HOME!

Donna, I should know better than even try to incorporate pasta (and rice) into my diet because I just don't lose weight! lol Pasta (and rice) hate me :( Pity really because I love them both :D lol It's not like I have huge portions/amounts of it either! Oh well, time to face facts and admit defeat! lol :D I'm going back to red anyway, and if I want pasta or pots I'll just use an Hexb and have some wholemeal pasta or pots :D Tis all trial and error findiing out what our bodies work best on innit? :D

I made a pizza with a full warburtons wrap the other say - totally worth the 8 syns! lol I made SW BBQ sauce and used that as the base - devine :drool: I could eat one now! lol Will definitely be having another one very soon :)

Good luck to the Monday weighers :fingerscrossed:

Have a good week everyone :)

Re Mushy Pea Curry, when the members at my local club talked about how nice this recipe was, I thought I wouldn't like it as I have never eaten curry in my life, decided to make it up with mild curry powder, and really liked it. As for the mushy peas I don't mind them, but if you hate them so much, can you substitute for something else, maybe use less, add more baked beans maybe.

I've made that mushy pea curry in the past, and I thought it was lovely :D When I first heard of it, one word sprung to my mind, and that word was 'disgusting' :8855: How wrong can a person be eh? lol

Hi all my lovely tinseliers :D

I am approaching this update in a different way. I read through the posts I missed since Friday, many believe me and made notes so look out for your name :giggle:

Ellen - Glad the oven has spots now and the chickens arrived, no that's not right is it..... is this gonna work :rotflmao: xxx

SarahCroz - Well done that is a slab of butter better off then on ah xx

Donna - Deep breath this girl was busy over the weekend .....1/2lb is a bit small when you have been working hard I had one of those a couple of weeks ago but with your attitude and staying on plan you will see it coming off. What onion marmalade.....:gimi: which what how??? xx

Emmey - Poor Corkey :rotflmao:

V4L - Poor you :character00264: All the best athletes get injured hope it's improving :vibes: xx

NatterJack :welcome2: Well done on resisting DH choc treats you have some :vibes: too xx

DextersMum - 2lbs great lose xx

Corky - Glad to see you are upright again :rotflmao: STS with a positive attitude will get you though go for it xx

Sammy - What a brill positive attitude :D xx

Sprinkles - Here's to a on plan week :vibes: xx

Lisa Marie - :wow: 3 7.5 that is great very jel xxx

Hope everyone got a mention.
I got drunk with my workmates and DD on Friday had half a pack of crisps and a 6" subway ( chicken salad and LF mayo) oh and a few richtea's with clover on :eek:
Had a fat head on Saturday morning but was straight back on plan.

Still looking to get 2lbs off this week :vibes: for me.....
Going to the gym tonight for the first time in over a week so that's gonna hurt.

Have a great week guys, good luck to Monday weigh-ins

Be seeing ya xxx

I've made that mushy pea curry in the past, and I thought it was lovely :D When I first heard of it, one word sprung to my mind, and that word was 'disgusting' :8855: How wrong can a person be eh? lol

Recipe???

Hi all my lovely tinseliers :D

I am approaching this update in a different way. I read through the posts I missed since Friday, many believe me and made notes so look out for your name :giggle:

Ellen - Glad the oven has spots now and the chickens arrived, no that's not right is it..... is this gonna work :rotflmao: xxx

SarahCroz - Well done that is a slab of butter better off then on ah xx

Donna - Deep breath this girl was busy over the weekend .....1/2lb is a bit small when you have been working hard I had one of those a couple of weeks ago but with your attitude and staying on plan you will see it coming off. What onion marmalade.....:gimi: which what how??? xx

Emmey - Poor Corkey :rotflmao:

V4L - Poor you :character00264: All the best athletes get injured hope it's improving :vibes: xx

NatterJack :welcome2: Well done on resisting DH choc treats you have some :vibes: too xx

DextersMum - 2lbs great lose xx

Corky - Glad to see you are upright again :rotflmao: STS with a positive attitude will get you though go for it xx

Sammy - What a brill positive attitude :D xx

Sprinkles - Here's to a on plan week :vibes: xx

Lisa Marie - :wow: 3 7.5 that is great very jel xxx

Hope everyone got a mention.
I got drunk with my workmates and DD on Friday had half a pack of crisps and a 6" subway ( chicken salad and LF mayo) oh and a few richtea's with clover on :eek:

Going to the gym tonight for the first time in over a week so that's gonna hurt.

Be seeing ya xxx

Lol, sounds like you had a good weekend.

Can't believe it's Monday already, not really sure what happened to my weekend...it certainly wan't slept away! Anyway, good luck Monday weighers, I currently have Cauliflower based pizzas in the oven...figured it was worth a go. Will let you all know how they turn out!

ellen83 said:
Recipe???

Lol, sounds like you had a good weekend.

Can't believe it's Monday already, not really sure what happened to my weekend...it certainly wan't slept away! Anyway, good luck Monday weighers, I currently have Cauliflower based pizzas in the oven...figured it was worth a go. Will let you all know how they turn out!

Hope the pizza tastes better than it sounds lol - must admit i am with corky - 8 syns or a whole wrap for a pizza base is well worth it - the WW wraps are only 5 so that's even less - sometimes its worth synning the real stuff than trying to fake stuff - saying that the roulade recipe is lovely! lol

I love the warburton wrap pizzas!!!

I am super prepared this week with all my Sunday baking. Roasted a gammon joint which we are having remains of tonight with jacket potatoes and salad. Froze carrot and swede mash and cottage pies and pre-prepared SW chips.....so no excuses this week.

Go team tinsel xxxxxx

Emmey1 said:
Hope the pizza tastes better than it sounds lol - must admit i am with corky - 8 syns or a whole wrap for a pizza base is well worth it - the WW wraps are only 5 so that's even less - sometimes its worth synning the real stuff than trying to fake stuff - saying that the roulade recipe is lovely! lol

It wasn't too bad, with a bit of tweaking could be great!

Had a relatively constructive day considering Miles has insisted on being attatched to me for most of it, he just wants mummy cuddles (and booby time). Have been researching and making phone calls to do with my planned route into midwifery, its all starting to fall into place and its exciting! Have found an AMAZING website that is going to be so much help. It made my day... Lol. I think maybe I need to get out the house soon.

This is a picture of Miles looking for extra sympathy... Bless him.

ForumRunner_20120521_181410.jpg

Poor wee mite with all those spots probably just as well he'll be too young to remember the whole experience. :D

Yeah... he has loads on his 'bits' so imagine he will be pleased he wasn't too old lol.

Be seeing ya xxx

Sounds like you had a fab time Lynda :D Can't beat a get together with friends for drinkies..........and more drinkies :D Shame about the fat head, maybe you need more practice?? LOL

Sending you good :vibes: for your 2lb :D

Recipe???

I'll dig it out in a bit Ellen......when I find it :D Ahhhh found it on here :D

Mushy Pea Curry
3 cans of mushy peas
1 can of baked beans
onions and mushrooms (as many as you like)
1 tablespoon of sweetener
curry powder to taste
fry light

brown off the onions and mushrooms in some fry light, then add all the rest of the ingredients and leave on the heat for approx 20-30 mins. If you find the mixture to thick just add some water.

Sounds horrible, but it really is quite nice :)

I love the warburton wrap pizzas!!!

I am super prepared this week with all my Sunday baking. Roasted a gammon joint which we are having remains of tonight with jacket potatoes and salad. Froze carrot and swede mash and cottage pies and pre-prepared SW chips.....so no excuses this week.

Go team tinsel xxxxxx

Go Dex! lol That's what I call prepared :D Good planning makes it so much easier doesn't it? Well it does for me! lol

It wasn't too bad, with a bit of tweaking could be great!

Had a relatively constructive day considering Miles has insisted on being attatched to me for most of it, he just wants mummy cuddles (and booby time). Have been researching and making phone calls to do with my planned route into midwifery, its all starting to fall into place and its exciting! Have found an AMAZING website that is going to be so much help. It made my day... Lol. I think maybe I need to get out the house soon.

This is a picture of Miles looking for extra sympathy... Bless him.

View attachment 50186

Awww bless his cotton socks! He looks so cute..........and persuasive :D lol

So, what tweaking would you suggest with the cauli pizza?? Did your boys eat it? I just can't imagine it at all. Im gonna have to make it just out of curiosity now! lol Did you ever try the smash pizza?

Good news about your route into midwifery :fingerscrossed: it all works out well for you :)

Yeah... he has loads on his 'bits' so imagine he will be pleased he wasn't too old lol.

:giggle:​

Mmmmm i don't think we have any Monday weighers. Has anyone seen Muis about?? She appears to have disappeared.....if you know what I mean! lol

The sun was shining onnedinbur today and its may holiday! Had a lovely day in town with my granny and the two girls! Had a lovely healthy-ish lunch in chiquitos! Girls ate so well and i had a cheeky woowoo! My 3yr old is a right wee alchy trying to get my "pink" juice! Wee *****! Then needless to say my little monsters got spoilt bloody rotten in next build a bear primark and h&m! Lucky wee things! My poor purse! I got new pumps tho! A real treat for mummy from next! Normally just a new look girl!
No dinner for me tonight coz im still full! Chillin watching some jamie oliver :heartpump: !!!
Little photoshoot tomorrow with my girls at my mummy group and OH has a day off so head down the beach for picnic and play with girls and our puppy alfie! Ooooo i love the sun! Really do! Oooo and my big cuz awayin for her section tonight! EXCITED! A month early again! X waiting on the news! X i hope she goes with jackson for name! Altho harper is nice but i think girl not boy! But makes sence for her as her mums side is harper surname.

Just got through my 5th day in a row keeping to the food plan, could be a record for me!! Went jogging this afternoon, then did some slimming world recipe cooking, off hiking tomorrow.

Back