**TEAM TINSEL** 4 stone for Christmas

This is going to be quick 'cos I am not sure what is going on, but I haven't been able to get on for over a day due to warnings on my computer. I have had to lower my firewall. Anyone else??! Corky complain to Tesco! You will get a refund and the short dated spinach should have come in a different bag and the driver should point it out.
Dextersmum, sorry you had a gain it could be the weather, by that I mean many people have been drinking loads, not eating as much (me included) in fact for four days I went right off plan and was just eating mostly fruit. WAY too little calories hence why I only lost 1lb this week.
Ellen you look BRILLIANT in your pics. FOR SURE you can tell! Sorry about the dress disappointment, have you decided what you are going to do? That's a lot to dry clean, why so expensive?
Started a raw diet today. Cooked food out, raw, fresh and vibrant in. Going to do it for 7 days (which I have done many times before so it's no biggie) and then see where I go after then. Won't be 100% forever as I do like cooked food too, but all crap is out. Better crank up the calories to keep my losses up!
Good luck guys this week and if anyone can PM me about the warnings if they know anything that would be good.
Oh nearly forgot been wearing 2 size 14 skirts all last week, found them in my wardrobe. From Next so decent sizes but MEGA HAPPY!

Yes V4L, me! It totally screwed my computer up at work yesterday :eek: I did get a security warning when I clicked the minis link to get onto the forum, but because the firewalls etc are so high at work, I ignored it and carried on! lol I then spent the rest of the afternoon swearing at my computer because it was doing all sorts of strange things. lol Anyway, I ran a scan and I had picked up a Trogan...................from minis!! :eek: I don't think I'll be ignoring warnings again :eek: lol

A full 7 days eating just raw food? :eek: OMG you must have iron clad willpower!! :eek: Well done on the skirts :D :woohoo:And well done on your loss! :D It's not 'only' a pound V4L, it's a pound! And this is what that pound looks like.......

-3lb off! And slimming of the month! I so didnt expect tht! Wondered y my name was called! Soooooo chuffed! X good luck everyone x

Well done MS! Fab loss :D And congrats on SOTM :D

Oh sounds an entertaining way to spend your evening NOT Probably means it's working though.

Well done Tina 3lb is great and SOTM too FAB.

I managed another pound today at WI. :D

I thought exactly the same! lol

Well done on your loss PP :D

Good morning everyone :D Sorry wasn't around yesterday. As you know Mr Trogan stuffed up my minis time during work and I was outside playing with the dogs and cooling down last night! lol

I'm off work for 6 days after today :D So excited at the prospect of having some time at home :D lol

Good luck to all our Wednesday weighers. Go girls! :D

Last edited:
Right chaps, I am on my way. I am please to report my first week on the plan has given me a loss of 3lb!!
I am really pleased, i would have done more exercise yesterday but I had a stupid meeting instead but it is a good start, I just need to keep it up!

Right chaps, I am on my way. I am please to report my first week on the plan has given me a loss of 3lb!!
I am really pleased, i would have done more exercise yesterday but I had a stupid meeting instead but it is a good start, I just need to keep it up!

Excellent! Well done Tawny :D You're off and running! :clap:

Right, well I got Andy to take a photo of me before I went to the bridal shop or else I'd never get one done. Sorry it's not in a skirt and heels, next time maybe, but wasn't trekking to the shop in heels. The pics aren't great and i'm not really sure anyone will see a difference the the image on the leftwas taken in October ish (not long after we moved in) and the right was this morning (also apologies for the hair and lack or makeup)
View attachment 50816

As for the bridal shop visit, I have really mixed feelings at the moment. I wasn't prepared mentally for it to have been an ex sample dress (although I should have been d'oh) and I was a little disappointed. It will need dry cleaning which will cost another £125, it doesn't come with an underskirt and if I was to get it from the will be and extra £59!!!!! It had small amounts of damage, nothing too serious or that can't be fixed but I'm still not sure what to think... is a bit of an anti climax. I just don't know.

Miles still has loose bowels and Dexter is complaining of an 'owie tummy' so who knows what fun is in store. Andy is still not feeling right but appears to have lost about half a stone over the last few days... how can I catch this ? (kidding). Looking forward to having a healthy household again! Hope everyone is having a good day.

Hi Ellen go with you heart as the others have said and yes a huge difference even though you are using Miles to hide yourself ;)
Good luck with WI today xx

Great lose Tawny well done :woohoo: xx

Oh sounds an entertaining way to spend your evening NOT Probably means it's working though.

Well done Tina 3lb is great and SOTM too FAB .

1lb is 1lb all in the right directions xx

-3lb off! And slimming of the month! I so didnt expect tht! Wondered y my name was called! Soooooo chuffed! X good luck everyone x

3lbs well done Tina and with SOTM xx:talk017:

This is going to be quick 'cos I am not sure what is going on, but I haven't been able to get on for over a day due to warnings on my computer. I have had to lower my firewall. Anyone else??! Corky complain to Tesco! You will get a refund and the short dated spinach should have come in a different bag and the driver should point it out.
Dextersmum, sorry you had a gain it could be the weather, by that I mean many people have been drinking loads, not eating as much (me included) in fact for four days I went right off plan and was just eating mostly fruit. WAY too little calories hence why I only lost 1lb this week.
Ellen you look BRILLIANT in your pics. FOR SURE you can tell! Sorry about the dress disappointment, have you decided what you are going to do? That's a lot to dry clean, why so expensive?
Started a raw diet today. Cooked food out, raw, fresh and vibrant in. Going to do it for 7 days (which I have done many times before so it's no biggie) and then see where I go after then. Won't be 100% forever as I do like cooked food too, but all crap is out. Better crank up the calories to keep my losses up!
Good luck guys this week and if anyone can PM me about the warnings if they know anything that would be good.
Oh nearly forgot been wearing 2 size 14 skirts all last week, found them in my wardrobe. From Next so decent sizes but MEGA HAPPY!

ONLY 1lb and size 14 skirts :jelous: jealous much.... keep it going V4L xx

Well now my update.... I have had a piggy weekend :break_diet: bit disappointing really I thought the Slimpods had sorted this.
From WI last Wednesday DH B'day, Thursday just didn't want to cook, Friday Singing at a brilliant gig had a subway and 3 cookies afterwards :eek:
Saturday Glorious day in Bath sausage panini for b'fast and various other bad food all day..... Sunday generally pigged out.
Monday back on plan and staying on plan with Monday and Tuesday good sweaty gym sessions:whacky068:

Hope to STS tonight WI but 1/2 would be fab to get my 2st shiney back We will see later :fingerscrossed:
Good Luck my fellow Wed WI's xx

Ellen. Just a quickie cos i have to get kids to bed.

There is a huge difference in your photos. You look stones lighter! Gorgeous pic wish i looked so good without make up and if i am.ever lucky enough to have legs likr yours i'll be a very happy lady

Sorry to here dress was an anti climax. R u able to get your money back? Or is it still the dress for you? Did try in on again??

Not sure anyone will notice the difference?? Are you serious?? Ellen, the difference is VERY noticeable.......very!! You're looking fab.........and so much smaller girlie! Believe it because it's true :D You're the same shape as me actually - I don't have much weight on my legs either.

Thanks for posting the pics - you really do look much smaller :D See! I told the truth :D lol

p.s. Forgot the dress :eek: Sorry it was an anti climax :( It's seems there will be quite alot of extra money to spend if you decided to keep the dress. I'm sure you'll make the right decision though :)

You look way different and I am another who wants your legs!

As for the dress, go with your heart, if it does not feel right then if it was me I would spend the whole day with the niggling thought in the back of my mind. You will know what is right for you:)

Ellen you can deffo see a differnce i your photos. your shoulders and arms are what I noticed first then your facial profile. cos it's in shadow in the first piccie. WoW. Hope you decide what to do about the dress and then can be happy with your decision.

Right, thanks ladies, I guess as I just find it hard to see the difference myself, I mean obviously I KNOW there is a difference and that's reassuring but it's just seeing it, it probably doesn't help I don't have any full body pics from when I was at my biggest. Although I'm a little confused why my legs look thinnish in the pic as they really aren't in person!

Thought I'd share something funny with you. Yesterday I had to take my youngest to nursery, OH usually takes him as it's 1.2-2 miles each way and he can carry him on his shoulders but he was still poorly so I walk him there at about midday, takes forever cos he is just moaning about having to walk and it's hot and I'm not his dad. Way to make me feel loved and all that. Anyway, then I walk back. Then later in the afternoon I have to go back to collect him, it was so hot but because I knew he'd be super tired and want carrying (which I just can't do for that distance-my pevis is still weak from pregnancy) I took Miles' buggy with me. Anyway, I collect him, tell him to get in the buggy...he looks ridiculous...my 3st 3 year old in a buggy...which I have to push..in Plymouth....it's basically hills... in the heat. Talk about body magic. Anyway, whilst I'm struggling up one particularly steep incline, wondering if the buggy is going to make it, a though hits me. I used to lug this much extra weight around on me!!! And that thought has spurred me on and given me the extra boost I need!

Ref the dress...well I contacted them explaining my disappointment and to cut a long story short I went with a friend today to go look at the dress again, and It's really not as bad as I thought. The worst bit is the back where it gets tied and they are going to replace those bits for free. I still have to pay for it to be dry cleaned but it's NOWHERE near as bad as I thought. Last time I looked at it in the changing room whilst Dexter was nagging and I think I just was expecting perfection (regarding the state of it)... but I'm SO much happier and back to being excited, talk about a roller-coaster of emotion...mental over a dress!!!

Well done Tina 3lb is great and SOTM too FAB.

Well done on the losses ladies!!

Hi Ellen go with you heart as the others have said and yes a huge difference even though you are using Miles to hide yourself ;)
Good luck with WI today xx

Well now my update.... I have had a piggy weekend :break_diet: bit disappointing really I thought the Slimpods had sorted this.
From WI last Wednesday DH B'day, Thursday just didn't want to cook, Friday Singing at a brilliant gig had a subway and 3 cookies afterwards :eek:
Saturday Glorious day in Bath sausage panini for b'fast and various other bad food all day..... Sunday generally pigged out.
Monday back on plan and staying on plan with Monday and Tuesday good sweaty gym sessions:whacky068:

Hope to STS tonight WI but 1/2 would be fab to get my 2st shiney back We will see later :fingerscrossed:
Good Luck my fellow Wed WI's xx

I've always hidden myself behind something, child/coat whatever...hopefully it's a habit I can lose.

As for your weekend, just draw a big sparkly line. Good luck for tonight!

Come on the Wednesday Warriors!!!

Well done Mummy, PP and Tawny! Atta gals! :D :D :D

Lynda fingers crossed for you tonight you can do it! Sparkly glitter pens to draw that line. Can't blame you, did it myself but the opposite and didn't eat enough. I blame the weather hey Andrea..... :whistle:
Went on the SW from home thread and lots have stayed the same, gained a small amount or lost a small amount. Fluid and weather...yep I blame the weather.... *ducks from Andrea* ;)

Glad the dress of your dreams has worked out for you Ellen. Keep up with the effort and you will be in it in no time! :D

Apologies Corky, I know a pound is a pound, not 'only' a pound. Thanks for the reminder. :D
Damned trojans! Hope the site security is sorted now. :(

I had to dive into a bush last night walking the girls....ahem. The alternative would have been even more undignified. Nearly didn't make it home either. :eek: Perhaps I could have started a new dance craze off if you saw how I was walking down our street to get home............hhaaahhaa. Oh the water, gotta love the water! Woke up with a flatter tummy and the skirts now sit on my hips. WATER! blame the water... lol.
Hope everyone is having a good week.

Last edited:
Come on the Wednesday Warriors!!!

Well done Mummy, PP and Tawny! Atta gals! :D :D :D

Lynda fingers crossed for you tonight you can do it! Sparkly glitter pens to draw that line. Can't blame you, did it myself but the opposite and didn't eat enough. I blame the weather hey Andrea..... :whistle:
Went on the SW from home thread and lots have stayed the same, gained a small amount or lost a small amount. Fluid and weather...yep I blame the weather.... *ducks from Andrea* ;)

Glad the dress of your dreams has worked out for you Ellen. Keep up with the effort and you will be in it in no time! :D

Apologies Corky, I know a pound is a pound, not 'only' a pound. Thanks for the reminder. :D

I had to dive into a bush last night walking the girls....ahem. The alternative would have been even more undignified. Nearly didn't make it home either. :eek: Perhaps I could have started a new dance craze off if you saw how I was walking down our street to get home............hhaaahhaa. Oh the water, gotta love the water! Woke up with a flatter tummy and the skirts now sit on my hips. WATER! blame the water... lol.
Hope everyone is having a good week.

Ho yes, the water, I live on the second floor and sometimes I fly up those stairs in the most peculiar way!

Got a telling off from my 5yr old daughter Grace! X "ur naughty eating tht twix mummy ill tell trish (consultin) on u" lol brilliant!

Quick visit
Me - 0
Tonsillitis - 1!

Maintained

Not surprised with my erratic and carb filled food - throat has been a teeny bit better today so I'm hoping to see the back of it soon - it gets so sore I currently don't dare swallow due to the pain - last night I fired a decent meal down - need to try and get back into normal eating - luckily I'm not binging on crap food so I'm pleased to maintain as I don't deserve a gain as such

Onwards and downwards I suppose

Quick visit
Me - 0
Tonsillitis - 1!

Maintained

Not surprised with my erratic and carb filled food - throat has been a teeny bit better today so I'm hoping to see the back of it soon - it gets so sore I currently don't dare swallow due to the pain - last night I fired a decent meal down - need to try and get back into normal eating - luckily I'm not binging on crap food so I'm pleased to maintain as I don't deserve a gain as such

Ems you've done fab maintaining with being poorly and not eating! Don't be down about it - you've done fab!! :D

Well I'm back with a 1.5lbs loss... wanted more but happy am am FINALLY into the 16s!!!! Want 2lbs next week for my 3st award! Bring it on!

ellen83 said:
Well I'm back with a 1.5lbs loss... wanted more but happy am am FINALLY into the 16s!!!! Want 2lbs next week for my 3st award! Bring it on!

Well done Ellen! You'll get that next week too!

Quick visit
Me - 0
Tonsillitis - 1!

Maintained

Hope you feel better soon and get back to feeling 'normal'. You did well all things considered. Hurrah! :)

WELL DONE Ellen, "wanted more" lol, don't we all.......:giggle: yup I want four stone off like now purhlease and fankoo....love, the water baby. <3

What day are we on tomorrow? Uh yep Thursday. Thursday Tinsellers..........bring.it.on. COME ON THE GURLS! x

Well done on your loss. :D

Quick visit
Me - 0
Tonsillitis - 1!

Maintained

STS is good in the circumstances. Get well soon. :D

well done on the loss. :D

Apologies if I'vemissed anyone and good luck to the Thursday girls. :D

:woohoo: Ellen you are in the 16's way to go, your week turned out better then you thought well done xx

Well my weekend caught up with me and I put 2lbs on think what it would have been if I hadn't pulled it together on Monday phew.....
I am on holiday this week not going anywhere away just days here and there and not going to class next week.

I won't be on here much next week so have a good one 1&All and will try my best to make healthy choices but can't promise anything.

Slimmers prayer.....
AS I WAKE UP FROM MY SLEEP
I PRAY TO PLAN I MAY KEEP
BUT IF TEMPTATION DOES COME BY,
I PRAY THE SCALES ARE NOT TO HIGH

Quick visit again...so many posts to catch up on! This team is doing amazeballs!!!

I lost 0.5lbs this week and I am blaming star week...although the sneaky Mr Whippy at the beach and nibbling at pringles won't have helped haha. I got my Bronze body magic award and I have done 1 week of my silver :)

I want 3.5lbs of in the next 2 weeks so I get my 4 stone loss award :)

Hope you are all having a fab week and I will try and catch up on my lunch hour xxx

Good luck everyone who's weighing today xx

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Back