**TEAM TINSEL** 4 stone for Christmas

Corkscrew said:
Good morning everyone :D

Raining here again :( Flaming June eh? lol

Well I'm having a truly crap week! lol I shall be very surprised not to get a gain on Saturday :eek: Eating way too much, even though most of it is 'legal' Think you might have to get the glitter pens out, draw me a line and kick me up the bum pn Saturday! lol

I'm gonna try my flipping hardest to claw something back for the next 3 days..............fingers crossed I can salvage my dismal week :D

Hope you are all having great weeks xx Take care and have a good day everyone :) xx

Its amazing what a difference that 3 days on plan could make you could so do it corks :) but I'm already sitting here waiting with my glittery pen and a big stick to give u a poke in the back (can't give u a kick up the bum with my bad back :) )

Have a good hump day x

dextersmum said:
Morning my lovelies.......sorry not been around for a couple of days but been hectic. Anyway just a quickie to report 3 off.......phew - needed that :)

Keep going gang - some amazing results, well done everyone xxxxxx

Well done on your 3 dex x

Tawny75 said:
I am a happy bunny! I kept my arse from the biscuit tin and I can report a beautiful 3.5lb loss this week, I have hit a new low of 16st 7.5lb. YAY!!!!

Well done all on your losses and good luck to any Wednesday Weighers like me :)

Well done u. I bet u feel fabulous?! X

Good luck Wednesday weighers x

Its amazing what a difference that 3 days on plan could make you could so do it corks :) but I'm already sitting here waiting with my glittery pen and a big stick to give u a poke in the back (can't give u a kick up the bum with my bad back :) )

Have a good hump day x

Ya know, I was seriously contemplating just throwing the towel in this week and starting again on Saturday! :8855: What's the point in that though? Stupid!! Thanks for that Jo :D You've just made me realise I need to take control back............NOW! I might still gain, but at least I can try to control how much! lol I've been saintly so far today, so ifI go to bed as soon as I get in from work, I'm home and dry! :8855:

Corkscrew said:
Ya know, I was seriously contemplating just throwing the towel in this week and starting again on Saturday! :8855: What's the point in that though? Stupid!! Thanks for that Jo :D You've just made me realise I need to take control back............NOW! I might still gain, but at least I can try to control how much! lol I've been saintly so far today, so ifI go to bed as soon as I get in from work, I'm home and dry! :8855:

Glad I could be of use corks, well done u tho it's so hard taking back that control before it spirals too far! Oh and that did make me laugh the thought of u havin to rush off to bed as soon as u get in :) the times I've done that! Lol :D x

is this only for people who want to lose 4st? beause i only have 2st to lose!

Glad I could be of use corks, well done u tho it's so hard taking back that control before it spirals too far! Oh and that did make me laugh the thought of u havin to rush off to bed as soon as u get in :) the times I've done that! Lol :D x

It's 7.30pm and i'm still up :eek:
:eek::8855: Had a 'legal' dinner though so all is good......................if I go to bed NOW!:8855:

No, anyone can join Emma :D We'd be glad to have you as a member :) Lucky you only having 2 stone to lose! lol

Last edited:
Good news... We found a house yay!
Bad news is a Sts this week.
Good news is I'm not gonna let it get me down as I know my body will catch up eventually and to encourage it, gonna have a bash at a few success express days this week!

actually, bit gutted as I redid the maths and I have 3st to lose in total D: hahaha, my sidebar thing says 2, becuase that's when I hit "healthy bmi", but i'd like to lose another 1st after that. So... 10st by Christmas? BRING IT!

actually, bit gutted as I redid the maths and I have 3st to lose in total D: hahaha, my sidebar thing says 2, becuase that's when I hit "healthy bmi", but i'd like to lose another 1st after that. So... 10st by Christmas? BRING IT!

You can do it Emma! :D I'll add you to the list on the front page and update your stats as you shrink :D What day do you weigh in??

Awesome loss Lisa Marie :D Massive, big, huge, gigantic well done to you!! :D Congrats on hitting your 4 stone too :woohoo:

Well done Tina! Another fab loss :D You're on a roll girl :D Oh my, a weekend away with no men and kids!! Fantastic! lol I used to love weekends away with my girlies without men and kids :D It's so nice to have a couple of days away from the daily routine and just be 'you'......nobodies Mum or wife :D Sounds mean to say it really, but you know what I mean! lol Have a fab time and enjoy the book when you get it :D x

Even the week i deserved a gain tht little bit of body magic helps. Its suppost b raining all weekend so i hope i get my walking shoes on n go for it, but at the caravan i get soooo lazy.

Had a lovely wee day. Got my hair cut, not lovin it yet but once i wash it n style it myself im hopeing i start to like it! Lol i went to a new place so i was brave! Got all new hair products and brush :) its my brush not for my kids who then brush the damn dog! Wee shites! Kids were so naughty today so they didnt get a sweetie! Had to return my £30 23day old pumps to Next coz a flipping hole! Wasnt impressed (but its proof of all my walking too!) but she came back with a lovely pair really nice. Soul survivers, sooooooo comfy. Id advice them if u wear pumps for work etc. just walked to bingo and back and feet feel ok! Lol. (no luck at bingo :-/)

Gonna see baby jackson again tomorro. He is such a hungry wee baby for a month early! X still so tiny n i did get a lettle broody. I could do,itmall again but i cant imagine having three girls lol. Think id need to winnlotto for all the ballet n tap and girlie bits!

Welcome Emma! and well done you blinkin LOOOOSEEEEEEEEERS! :D :D :D

clears throat....*ahem* now then CORKY.........gonna say four words............pointy.shoes & whip. will drive UP and ACROSS and DIAGONALLY to bl00dy use 'em too! :whoopass::character00182:

Emma! said:

Welcome to the crazy house Emma!!! X

Corkscrew said:
It's 7.30pm and i'm still up :eek:
:eek::8855: Had a 'legal' dinner though so all is good......................if I go to bed NOW!:8855:
lol
Well done on the legal dinner u don't wanna be disturbing the neighbours with the SW police again!! :) glad u made it to a decent hour tho corks maybe tonight u can stay up til 8.30!!!! :) x

ellen83 said:
Good news... We found a house yay!
Bad news is a Sts this week.
Good news is I'm not gonna let it get me down as I know my body will catch up eventually and to encourage it, gonna have a bash at a few success express days this week!

Yay for the house Ellen that is really exciting! :)

I've had a look at success express before let us know how it goes x

MummySelkirk said:
Had a lovely wee day. Got my hair cut, not lovin it yet but once i wash it n style it myself im hopeing i start to like it! Lol i went to a new place so i was brave! Got all new hair products and brush :) its my brush not for my kids who then brush the damn dog! Wee shites! Kids were so naughty today so they didnt get a sweetie! Had to return my £30 23day old pumps to Next coz a flipping hole! Wasnt impressed (but its proof of all my walking too!) but she came back with a lovely pair really nice. Soul survivers, sooooooo comfy. Id advice them if u wear pumps for work etc. just walked to bingo and back and feet feel ok! Lol. (no luck at bingo :-/)

Gonna see baby jackson again tomorro. He is such a hungry wee baby for a month early! X still so tiny n i did get a lettle broody. I could do,itmall again but i cant imagine having three girls lol. Think id need to winnlotto for all the ballet n tap and girlie bits!

I love having my hair done but I have a great hairdresser and that helps there's nothing worse that being upset with a hair cut. Next are very good at the customer service tbf I've always been impressed with them and the sandals sound lovely!

Enjoy having cuddles today id never been one for kids before but now whenever I'm near a baby I get so broody it's not good news! Lol! X

Feeling good SW wise again today was my first day fully 100%back on plan yesterday and it feels good. I'd been dipping my foot back in since hols but yesterday when I woke up something had just clicked again and I was back at it. One good thing about being off work with my back has been being able to try out a couple of new recipes made the stroganoff from this months mag last night

image-3245212277.jpg

It was yummy actually as nice for a change. Tonight gunna try the pork recipe that's in this months mag too.

Still feeling fed up with my back and really thought i would have been all sorted by now back at the docs tomorrow see what they say and to get a doctors note, have never needed one before I feel quite sad that I'm having to get one. That sounds silly doesn't it.

Ho hum back to kill a few more brain cells with daybreak. Have a good day all x

i love having my hair done but I have a great hairdresser and that helps there's nothing worse that being upset with a hair cut. Next are very good at the customer service tbf I've always been impressed with them and the sandals sound lovely!

Enjoy having cuddles today id never been one for kids before but now whenever I'm near a baby I get so broody it's not good news! Lol! X

Not styled it yet coz my kids have a thursday off so just chillin! Im hoping i like it lol! I fit into next size 20 linin trousers now! :D. I forgot to say, went into new look, they have taking away inspire range (bigger clothes) i was so angry i went and asked for head office details to complan. Not happy. I no ive lost weight n prob coulda got into a 18 but i was redy for tht u no. I wanted to try 20 first.

Welcome emma!

Im still sore after kickboxing, is tht normal lol?! My poor legs!

MummySelkirk said:
Not styled it yet coz my kids have a thursday off so just chillin! Im hoping i like it lol! I fit into next size 20 linin trousers now! :D. I forgot to say, went into new look, they have taking away inspire range (bigger clothes) i was so angry i went and asked for head office details to complan. Not happy. I no ive lost weight n prob coulda got into a 18 but i was redy for tht u no. I wanted to try 20 first.

Welcome emma!

Have they that's strange will have to check that out! I do love next clothes and the fit of them is great.

I've reached an all time low just walked out the room to do something and paused yea paused homes under the hammer :( lol

Welcome Emma :D

3lbs off for me today :D Not the 5 I'd (stupidly) hoped for but very pleased nonetheless, especially as I've not done hardly any BM this week.
I've just celebrated by spending far too much money on a new bike so raring to go again :D

Welcome Emma! and well done you blinkin LOOOOSEEEEEEEEERS! :D :D :D

clears throat....*ahem* now then CORKY.........gonna say four words............pointy.shoes & whip. will drive UP and ACROSS and DIAGONALLY to bl00dy use 'em too! :whoopass::character00182:

:eek: Pointy. Shoes. Whip?!?!?! :8855: *puts house up for sale* :giggle:

Welcome to the crazy house Emma!!! X

Well done on the legal dinner u don't wanna be disturbing the neighbours with the SW police again!! :) glad u made it to a decent hour tho corks maybe tonight u can stay up til 8.30!!!! :) x

Ooooo 8.30pm :D Party animal! :8855: I can't decide what to make for dinner when I get home form work today. I'm feeling rather uninspired this week and I think bad planning is to blame. I usually have my menu planned out for the week, but I was busy DIYing on Sunday and the 'planning/cooking' got neglected :( Kick me up the ass please someone! lol

Feeling good SW wise again today was my first day fully 100%back on plan yesterday and it feels good. I'd been dipping my foot back in since hols but yesterday when I woke up something had just clicked again and I was back at it. One good thing about being off work with my back has been being able to try out a couple of new recipes made the stroganoff from this months mag last night

View attachment 52679

It was yummy actually as nice for a change. Tonight gunna try the pork recipe that's in this months mag too.

Still feeling fed up with my back and really thought i would have been all sorted by now back at the docs tomorrow see what they say and to get a doctors note, have never needed one before I feel quite sad that I'm having to get one. That sounds silly doesn't it.

Ho hum back to kill a few more brain cells with daybreak. Have a good day all x

Oh that meal looks yummy Jo :D I'll have to get the mag and try that one :D

Well done getting back on plan, it's always a hard thing to do after a holiday I find. You'll be into it after the first couple of days :D

Hope your back feels better soon, in the meantime enjoy daytime telly! :8855:

Welcome emma!

Oh that's a shame - I quite liked the Inspire Range :(

Have they that's strange will have to check that out! I do love next clothes and the fit of them is great.

I've reached an all time low just walked out the room to do something and paused yea paused homes under the hammer :( lol

I like Homes Under the Hammer :D :8855: When I'm lucky enough to be at home during the day I daren't even turn the telly on! I'd get nowt done cos I'm a sucker for any tripe they put on! :8855:

Welcome Emma :D

3lbs off for me today :D Not the 5 I'd (stupidly) hoped for but very pleased nonetheless, especially as I've not done hardly any BM this week.
I've just celebrated by spending far too much money on a new bike so raring to go again :D

Fab loss Andrea! Well done :D Ooooo a new bike :D Fab!

Its not all new look ladies, sorry i wasnt clear, it only gyle in edinburgh not i need to travel to the other side of edinburgh just for jeans. I refuse with two kids under five on public transport! Ill just stick to leggins till i get into a 18!

Had lunch out today but there wasnt great selection for healthy :-/ pain. Had a bbq chicken wrap with salad. Salad was awful. So much for planning! Home n had a lovely big salal for my dinner, OH no well so didnt wanna cook! Off to the bingo tonight with my granny! X

Do any of u take vitamins? I got my gran cod lover oil formher high blood pressure and one for her eyes cant mind the name. I got cod liver oil too and a multi vit. Got the kiddies one too. I seen acai berry but i done no much about it. I heard its great for weight lose. Im hopeing my skin will glow with the bits hahaha!

Nice work Andrea! :D :D :D
Corky, with regards to 'my' 'theory' I found this link and the links in her blog are interesting too. Fatty Fights Back: MTYHBUSTERS: Starvation Mode what do you think? It appears you would only start to lose muscle (well have it eaten :eek:) or get really ill when you really REALLY starve yourself. Psychologically however, different matter. I think if I did that for any length of time I would be eating anything and everything (vegan)! Of course when you start to eat again unless you introduced yourself slowly to food you would more than likely just pile it all back on and then some. Probably why many people do say that they find that happened to them. Micci posted this link for me to read too: They Starved So That Others Be Better Fed: Remembering Ancel Keys and the Minnesota Experiment
Good luck Friday Fighters! :D

Its not all new look ladies, sorry i wasnt clear, it only gyle in edinburgh not i need to travel to the other side of edinburgh just for jeans. I refuse with two kids under five on public transport! Ill just stick to leggins till i get into a 18!

Had lunch out today but there wasnt great selection for healthy :-/ pain. Had a bbq chicken wrap with salad. Salad was awful. So much for planning! Home n had a lovely big salal for my dinner, OH no well so didnt wanna cook! Off to the bingo tonight with my granny! X

Do any of u take vitamins? I got my gran cod lover oil formher high blood pressure and one for her eyes cant mind the name. I got cod liver oil too and a multi vit. Got the kiddies one too. I seen acai berry but i done no much about it. I heard its great for weight lose. Im hopeing my skin will glow with the bits hahaha!

Ahhhh so it's not all New Look stores :D Shame for you though :( Don't blame you for not tackling public transport with 2 nippers either - nightmare stuff - double nightmare if there's buggies involved too :eek: Could you leave your kiddies with your OH one day and sneak into Edinburgh on your own??

Awww bingo with granny :D I went a few time with my granny years ago - mainly to keep her company............well truth be told I didn't want her messing about with buses in the dark at her age so it was an excuse to drive her there so she's be safe! lol At first she just kept telling me to 'keep quiet' so she could hear the caller, then she move on to 'don't you be missing any numbers, I can only watch my own card' :giggle:

I've never bothered with vitamins and stuff Tina - I like to think that I get all I need from the food I eat................may be wishful thinking mind, but it's what I believe! LOL

In reply I would like to refer back to something I once saw written by a very wise woman:

:8855: Still makes me lol x

It's so true too! :8855: I'm gonna be all over it like a rash next week! You just watch :giggle: This week has been a total right off :eek: lol

Nice work Andrea! :D :D :D
Corky, with regards to 'my' 'theory' I found this link and the links in her blog are interesting too. Fatty Fights Back: MTYHBUSTERS: Starvation Mode what do you think? It appears you would only start to lose muscle (well have it eaten :eek:) or get really ill when you really REALLY starve yourself. Psychologically however, different matter. I think if I did that for any length of time I would be eating anything and everything (vegan)! Of course when you start to eat again unless you introduced yourself slowly to food you would more than likely just pile it all back on and then some. Probably why many people do say that they find that happened to them. Micci posted this link for me to read too: They Starved So That Others Be Better Fed: Remembering Ancel Keys and the Minnesota Experiment
Good luck Friday Fighters! :D

I think I'm even more confused that I was before I read the links! lol No, seriously - really interesting links V4L Thanks for posting them :) It all makes perfect sense actually. I agree with the fact that you only start losing muscle after extended periods of starvation, but I've read so many times of seriously overweight people (some on this forum) who fail to lose weight (and they have major fat reserves) because they "haven't eaten enough"?? Surely a week of (alleged starvation??) isn't enough for the body to hold onto all that fat 'in case of famine'??? I'm getting myself in knots trying to work it all out here! lol I'll have another read/think when the coffee has kicked in! :giggle:

Back