**TEAM TINSEL** 4 stone for Christmas

Good morning everyone :)

Sooooo sorry for being AWOL :eek: Had so much to do, so not had much minis time this week.

Big well done everyone - some great losses :D I've missed to many posts to catch up properly, so forgive me for not referring to you individually :)

Welcome Sammy :) What day do you weight in?? Let me know and I'll add you to the front page :D Good luck! x

Well I've had a fab week so far........I've been so good I've grom wings and a halo! lol I'm soooooo looking forward to a drink this Saturday after my dry one last week! lol

I'm just having a quiet moment at work, so I'm gonna start planning next weeks menu, so I'm on the hunt for some new dishes to tickle my fancy and keep me interested :D

I'm just gonna update your stats ladies, but will you all just have a look and let me know if I've got any of your losses wrong?

Have a fab day everyone :)

Thanks corkscrew, I've been told I can join a meeting for a fiver and get the books for free this week with a voucher from womans own so I'm going to so that on Monday and get weighed in there and then do it from home thereafter as can't afford to be paying every week, so I guess I'll have Monday as my weigh in day! I'll let you know what they say my start weight is on Monday (would be nice if it was a little less than I think I am, but I doubt it!)

Well done on being so good and sticking to it Hun! X

Corkscrew said:
Good morning everyone :)

Sooooo sorry for being AWOL :eek: Had so much to do, so not had much minis time this week.

Big well done everyone - some great losses :D I've missed to many posts to catch up properly, so forgive me for not referring to you individually :)

Welcome Sammy :) What day do you weight in?? Let me know and I'll add you to the front page :D Good luck! x

Well I've had a fab week so far........I've been so good I've grom wings and a halo! lol I'm soooooo looking forward to a drink this Saturday after my dry one last week! lol

I'm just having a quiet moment at work, so I'm gonna start planning next weeks menu, so I'm on the hunt for some new dishes to tickle my fancy and keep me interested :D

I'm just gonna update your stats ladies, but will you all just have a look and let me know if I've got any of your losses wrong?

Have a fab day everyone :)

There u are corks wondered where u had got to! :) glad to hear you've had a good week knew it wouldnt be long before you would be back to your organised angelic self hehe :)

Did u find any fabulous recipes for next week? Looking forward to the new magazine being out for some new recipe ideas :) x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Soooooooooo bord. Kids r lazing about too. Need to go out tho, i need more free food, ive already had orange two banana strawberries and salad for lunch and two babybel as my hex a. All my dinner is free thankfulky.

Hiya everyone...hope we are all having a good week. I have been really down this week thinking I am doing really badly...without getting weighed I worry I am doing it all wrong.

Decided to go to a Slimming World class tomorrow (same consultant) and get myself weighed so I know where I am at. I wanted to have a week off but it just made me really doubt myself!

Hopefully I will be back tomorrow to post my loss :)

Hope you all have a fab weekend - even if it is a wet and miserable one :( xx

I have a taster week at SW next week.... What could i make?

I thought chicken bites since they nice hot or cold. But i also have my daughters trip tht day and i also have a class at 4pm n leave from there to go to SW. X could make a salad but thts boring....ideas please! X

Just in matalan trying to get an outfit for my sons christening a week on Sunday and I feel like crying, everything looks hideous! I never got on with clothes shopping even effete I was pregnant anyway, but now any dress I try it looks like my boos go down to my stomach! (doesn't help thy I'm a 38H cup at the moment). I just want to look nice for him but now I feel like curling up on the floor of the changing room and crying :-(

I've succumbed and finally reading 50 shades of grey!!

I've just finished all 3 books :D Thoroughly enjoyed them, but I do think all 3 could have been chopped into one book. At points I found myself skimming pages as it was quite repetitive :eek: Still a good read though :D You just can't help falling for Christian......................and his skills :D LOL

Thanks corkscrew, I've been told I can join a meeting for a fiver and get the books for free this week with a voucher from womans own so I'm going to so that on Monday and get weighed in there and then do it from home thereafter as can't afford to be paying every week, so I guess I'll have Monday as my weigh in day! I'll let you know what they say my start weight is on Monday (would be nice if it was a little less than I think I am, but I doubt it!)

Well done on being so good and sticking to it Hun! X

That's a right bargain Sammy :D You do need the books I would say, but I'm sure you will be fine going it alone once you have them :D I don't go to class either (work gets in the way) and if I can do it, anyone can :D

I'll add you on the front page as as Monday gal then :D I'll put you down for the 4 stone, but it's perfectly fine if you have a different target in mind - just let me know :D

Welcome once again, and the best of luck chick :) x

There u are corks wondered where u had got to! :) glad to hear you've had a good week knew it wouldnt be long before you would be back to your organised angelic self hehe :)

Did u find any fabulous recipes for next week? Looking forward to the new magazine being out for some new recipe ideas :) x

Awwwww Jo missed me :D How sweet :D I found a few recipies I plan on trying, one of which is the peanut curry thingy that Donna posted :D Could eat it now actually! :8855: I want the new magazine too - it's so flipping hard to get round here when you don't go to class!! lol None of my friends go anymore either so I can't ask them to get me one from class! lol

Hiya everyone...hope we are all having a good week. I have been really down this week thinking I am doing really badly...without getting weighed I worry I am doing it all wrong.

Decided to go to a Slimming World class tomorrow (same consultant) and get myself weighed so I know where I am at. I wanted to have a week off but it just made me really doubt myself!

LisaMarie, you are doing just great! I'm sure you will be posting a loss tomorrow :D I'm puzzled as to why you haven't been weighed though?? Did you miss a week or summat??

I thought chicken bites since they nice hot or cold. But i also have my daughters trip tht day and i also have a class at 4pm n leave from there to go to SW. X could make a salad but thts boring....ideas please! X

Ooooo take summat yummy, like the syn free roulade :D

Just in matalan trying to get an outfit for my sons christening a week on Sunday and I feel like crying, everything looks hideous! I never got on with clothes shopping even effete I was pregnant anyway, but now any dress I try it looks like my boos go down to my stomach! (doesn't help thy I'm a 38H cup at the moment). I just want to look nice for him but now I feel like curling up on the floor of the changing room and crying :-(

Awwww don't cry! You've not long since had a baby - your body is still being a disobiedient sh&t! Cut yourself some slack chicken :) Your son will love you wearing anything at all, so chill :D You'll look lovely in whatever you wear :) Huge, massive congrats on becoming a Mummy and have a lovely christening day :)

Thanks hun, i just feel like a big fat blob. i was fine until i went shopping, i just cant wait to start the plan and start seeing results! i might feel a bit better in myself then. don't know what i'm going to do about the outfit, will just have to go out again soon to try find something at somepoint. put me down for 4 stone for christmas, that would take me to half a stone off target then hopefully and in a position to start trying on wedding dresses without the threat of further crying episodes in the changing room! That gives me 27 weeks to new years eve so if i can hopefully lose an average of about 2 pounds a week then i should be able to reach it :eek:) x

Hope your weigh in goes well. Think you're doing the right ting. Well done you on identifying what it was that's making you feel down. I've been a bit like that for a couple of days but determined to snap out of it and get going again tomorrow. x

I've had two taster days now. First time I made a vegetable frittata (pics and recipe in my diary) second one I didn't have so much time so just took some roasted veg couscous. Not really that exciting but I didn't want to take meat cos I know there are people who wouldn't be able to eat it.

Welcome Sammy. I think we can all sympathise with what you went through today, we've all been there.
:bighug:
If it's any consolation I think the place I've lost it from the most is my boobs so it may be the same for you.
My consultant says a lot of people just go for the one week to get the books and stuff but don't go back. Thinking about it there was me and another lady started on the same day and I haven't seen her since. I really like going to group, I buy a countdown which saves you two weeks worth, and I've found that I'm saving much more than £5 p/w from not stuffing my face full of crap so am not noticing the financial side. TBH, before I started SW, if someone had offered me a 2 stone weight loss for 50 quid I'd have snapped their hands off. That's the way I look at it anyway. Saying that, group isn't for everybody. I think it all depends on the dynamics of the people at your group and, most importantly, your consultant. I've been really lucky, mine's fab. xxx

I want the new magazine too - it's so flipping hard to get round here when you don't go to class!! lol None of my friends go anymore either so I can't ask them to get me one from class! lol

If you PM me your address I will get one for you next week and post it down to you. xx

Thanks Andrea, I'd love to go to classes each week but with my partner out of work and me on maternity leave we just can't afford it. I'm going to go to the class on Monday to join and get the stuff and then if ben gets a job then I'll start going each week as I found it helpful and motivating when I did it back in 2009, but at the moment I have to make sure the bills are paid first and that there is food on the table and £5 a week mounts up. I don't eat unhealthily, I've been around this weight for nearly the last two years (apart from through pregnancy when I gained 21lbs but lost that within a week of having my son and have since lost an extra 9lbs) so I won't save money on not buying junk, I think it will cost me a bit more actually to get the things on the plan that I don't normally eat, but my diet only seems to maintain my weight and I need to lose it so hopefully this will kick start the weight loss again. X

Ah, that's completely fair enough, one week grab 'n' go definitely the best option for you :). It's a terrible time to be out of work, I've been there too. x

It is it's awful. He originally got made redundant November 2010 and didn't manage to find work until July 2011 and got no job seekers allowance in all that time because just short of 2 years before he'd been self employed and not earned enough to pay NI so hadn't made enough contributions and then he got made redundant again November 2011 a couple of months after we got pregnant and has had no work since! Because he was out of work so long 2011-2012 and didn't make enough NI contributions again he still doesn't qualify for job seekers so he doesn't get a penny from the government at all, so now my wage, which was our only income, has gone down about £8k for the year. We get a bit of tax credits but they don't even take me up to the wage I had before maternity leave and so things are really tight now :-( ben had a job interview for Specsavers on Wednesday though and he should hear back early next week so got our fingers crossed for that and he's doing an unpaid work placement for 8 weeks through the job centre starting on Monday in the hopes that he might get a job at the end of it if the Specsavers one isn't successful or that it will at least be something good to add to his cv to show employers that he wants to work so much that he'll even do it for free! Once he's working again I'm hoping to go to the classes because a weekly weigh in will definitely spur me on past any weak moments I might have lol! X

MrsLisaMarie said:

Hi Lisa Marie. Hope ure WI brought you what u wanted today. I know what u mean about not getting weighed its disconcerting isn't it not knowing where you are. X

MummySelkirk said:

Whatever u take im sure people will be greatful. Last taster evening I took SW quiche again can have that hot or cold. Just depends on what u think u can take straight with u tho x

sammyb1985 said:

We have so all been there hun. It's the worst feeling and once u have this in your head nothing will feel like it looks good when in fact I'm sure it didn't all look hideous as u said it did. Chin up and remind yourself first of all your doing something about it so don't be so hard on yourself then try again a different day will probably bring something totally different :) you will look nice for him and you will do him proud cuz your his mummy :) I don't know where u usually shop but u could try popping into Dorothy Perkins or debenhams they have personal shopper things and see what they suggest for u, even if you dont buy it from there as I know it can be expensive at least gives u an idea of what to look for elsewhere x

Corkscrew said:
I've just finished all 3 books :D Thoroughly enjoyed them, but I do think all 3 could have been chopped into one book. At points I found myself skimming pages as it was quite repetitive :eek: Still a good read though :D You just can't help falling for Christian......................and his skills :D LOL

Awwwww Jo missed me :D How sweet :D I found a few recipies I plan on trying, one of which is the peanut curry thingy that Donna posted :D Could eat it now actually! :8855: I want the new magazine too - it's so flipping hard to get round here when you don't go to class!! lol None of my friends go anymore either so I can't ask them to get me one from class! lol

Started the first book yesterday read quite a bit already they are quite addictive I just wanna know what happens next lol!

I'm gunna try the baked bean lasagna this week I think an moussaka, I'm not keen on peanuts. Andrea has already offered to post the magazine to u but if you ever want one posting let me know. Waiting to hear WI result to corks x

sammyb1985 said:
It is it's awful. He originally got made redundant November 2010 and didn't manage to find work until July 2011 and got no job seekers allowance in all that time because just short of 2 years before he'd been self employed and not earned enough to pay NI so hadn't made enough contributions and then he got made redundant again November 2011 a couple of months after we got pregnant and has had no work since! Because he was out of work so long 2011-2012 and didn't make enough NI contributions again he still doesn't qualify for job seekers so he doesn't get a penny from the government at all, so now my wage, which was our only income, has gone down about £8k for the year. We get a bit of tax credits but they don't even take me up to the wage I had before maternity leave and so things are really tight now :-( ben had a job interview for Specsavers on Wednesday though and he should hear back early next week so got our fingers crossed for that and he's doing an unpaid work placement for 8 weeks through the job centre starting on Monday in the hopes that he might get a job at the end of it if the Specsavers one isn't successful or that it will at least be something good to add to his cv to show employers that he wants to work so much that he'll even do it for free! Once he's working again I'm hoping to go to the classes because a weekly weigh in will definitely spur me on past any weak moments I might have lol! X

Sounds like you both have really been through it the last few years being out of work is so hard I was for about 6months and hated every minute of it. I have my fingers crossed for your OH and hope he has good news next week from his interview.

Until u get to class tho chick were all here if u need us :) x

Welcome Sammy! This thread is really supportive so you have certainly found the right one! :D Hope you are feeling a bit better than you were yesterday. How is everyone doing? It's stopped persisting it down for a moment here so off to walk the girls. Have a nice weekend and hope the scales are in your favour for our weekend weighers. Goooooooo Team Tinsel! :D

Thanks ladies, i've been shopping today again with a clearer head and i worked out that the problem was that i was wearing nursing bras which give next to no support at all for my 38H boobies, so I bought a new underwired bra to give me better shape and tried again and managed to get an outfit from dorothy perkins. it's all a bit the same colour though so need to find a belt to break it up but then hopefully it should be ok. Feeling much happier about it now, ans somehow the dress i got is a 16 and fits me easily, even though i'm an 18? Don't know if dorothy perkins are bug sizes, but made me feel good for a minute or two there :)

Where are you ladies gettng your magazines from? Did someone say they can distribute them? If so, how can I get one?

Thanks ladies x

good for you! who cares if dorothy perkins have big sizes (don't think they do!), just be happy :D haha! It's amazing how amazing it can make you feel though when you fit into a smaller size. Hope you enjoy your son's Christening! Is it tomorrow? x

Thanks hunny, no it's next sunday so have a little while to find a belt to complete the outfit now :eek:) x

Back