**TEAM TINSEL** 4 stone for Christmas

I've edited my post...actually 4lbs off. Didn't think I would be able to make group so weighed in at Boots but then I got a babysitter last minute to get to group and her scales showed different. Still a good loss though :)

I have pledged 3lbs per week for the next 3 weigh in's before my holidays and really hope I get 9lbs off...it'll take me to 5.5 stone loss and also into the 21's for the first time since 2008! I did the Cambridge Diet for 3 months and lost 3.5 stone then dieted for 4 months after that and lost 5 stone back in 2008 - can't believe I have nearly lost 5 stone in 7 months following Slimming World! All I had before were milkshakes and now I am eating lots of yummy food and loving it! My 100lb goal for 2012 is looking very likely when I see that I have already lost 68.5lbs! :) Very proud of myself :)

Lisa xxx

Christmas challenge goal setting

I was just wondering that I don't think it is realistic to lose 40 pounds or so by christmas. Now that we are in August that means a good 8-10 pounds a month. What do you all think?

I am going for 40lbs by Christmas but as you can see I have a lot more weight to lose than you. There are 20 weigh ins til christmas now so 1lb a week would be 20lb, 1.5 and week would be 30lb. I am going for at least 2lb a week as some weeks I lose more and my journey has averaged at over 2lbs a week so far.

Good luck :)

MrsLisaMarie said:
I am going for 40lbs by Christmas but as you can see I have a lot more weight to lose than you. There are 20 weigh ins til christmas now so 1lb a week would be 20lb, 1.5 and week would be 30lb. I am going for at least 2lb a week as some weeks I lose more and my journey has averaged at over 2lbs a week so far.

Good luck :)

Does sound very achievable! :)

I've edited my post...actually 4lbs off. Didn't think I would be able to make group so weighed in at Boots but then I got a babysitter last minute to get to group and her scales showed different. Still a good loss though :)

I have pledged 3lbs per week for the next 3 weigh in's before my holidays and really hope I get 9lbs off...it'll take me to 5.5 stone loss and also into the 21's for the first time since 2008! I did the Cambridge Diet for 3 months and lost 3.5 stone then dieted for 4 months after that and lost 5 stone back in 2008 - can't believe I have nearly lost 5 stone in 7 months following Slimming World! All I had before were milkshakes and now I am eating lots of yummy food and loving it! My 100lb goal for 2012 is looking very likely when I see that I have already lost 68.5lbs! :) Very proud of myself :)

Lisa xxx

Wow Lisa you've done absolutely fantastic!!!! You should be proud of yourself, what an achievement.

So I went away for my little holiday down Essex, that was two weeks ago. I went to a group down there and apparently put on 1/2. Piffle!
I knew it was different scales and getting weighed at a different time of day that caused it but was still a bit peeved.
Anyway, I thoroughly enjoyed my time away. I drank alcohol!!! for the first time in over 3 months. Was quite tiddly after the first beer :party0016:
I ate out lots but when I was making my own meals I was sticking to plan and making sure I had a healthy breakfast every day. That said I completely over-indulged on many occasions and really enjoyed that and wasn't too worried by the expectation that I'd probably put on 3-5 pounds. So. I was amazed when I went back to "my" group and "my" scales to find I'd only put on another 1/2. I was expecting so much more, but then again, the week before, I was expecting a loss so it all evens itself out I think.

I lost 4.5lbs this week. I was very surprised as I was away at the caravan over the weekend and ate out both nights, and drank on one of them. Have been good the rest of the week so was expecting a loss but 4.5! Blimey!

Have just saw this posted on my groups wall on fb so thought I'd share:

430325_10151698115889119_1736512305_n.jpg

Hope everyone is well and enjoying the summer. We all seem to be managing well with what can be a tricky time of the year I think. Go us!
Hopefully people are just away on hols and will be back raring to go very soon.

Good job on the losses ladies, you're doing fab!

Well I've just been shopping as Ben needed some new jeans and there was a sale on, so I thought i'd get some new jeans too as my size 20's are falling down. Found a new pair for £7 and they're a size 16!!! They go on and do up, which is the first time a size 16 has got past my thighs in a long time! I have a slight muffin top at the front still, but give it a couple of weeks and I think they'll look perfect! So pleased! xx

That's great Sammy. Love that when you get into the next size down, and you got into some two sizes down!! No other wonder your other ones were falling off you!

I know! So chuffed with it! It's been a good day overall, my baby boy just rolled over for the first time! but it was in his cot so I missed it! Ah well, here's some pics of what else he's been learning this week :D xx

jack nutter!.jpg

Yassou from corfu...having amazing time....gained loads but hey ho back to group on thursday....hope u r all well....donna xxxx
It's either a sign that you're missing us, or you're feeling guilty about all the fab foreign food but you get the honour of being our first poster from foreign climbs I think. Good to hear from you. :D Don't worry about any gain till you're back and deal with it then. :D

Hello everyone,

Haven't been around for a while, life has conspired against me the last couple of months and I found it just too much to stick to the plan with so many changes going on so I took a break. It wasn't too bad at first but I think I've gradually fallen back into the bad habits I had before, a familiar story I expect :)

Anyways, I really don't want to be back where I started so it's time to get myself back in control and posting here definitely helps me to commit to it. I haven't weighed myself but I can feel my trousers are tighter and my knees have started hurting again so I know I've gained quite a bit. I think I'm going to get back on plan this week then WI on Friday and see what the damage is, that way I hope it won't be too disheartening and I can get back to my 2½ stone loss in the next few weeks. I'm not going to meet my targets for this year but as long as I can get myself back on track at least I'll have a decent loss by the end of the year and and hopefully can start 2013 with new motivation to complete the mission :).

Thank you and well done to all of you who have continued posting and have stayed motivated. I have been reading your posts and vowing every Monday that I'll start again, then when I'd lost what I've gained I would contribute again but I can't seem to do it for more than a couple of days. I think it was this forum that made me stick to it before because I have to be honest and my competitive nature comes out, I can't come on here and admit I'm stuffing my face so it stops me doing it!

So, wish me luck - I've got to do it now I've written this!! I'm looking forward to feeling healthier and getting smaller again and of course chatting to you all and sharing your success :)

Sarah xx

Welcome back. And well done for sharing your struggles. You are definately not alone in struggling. The fact you have come back and "fessed up" means you are back in the zone and ready to get back on plan. Looking forward to catching up on here soon. :D

But I would say it's a bit quiet ATM I think lots of people are on holiday or really busy at present. :D It's good to have another person back on board. :D

Weigh in tomorrow, have stuck to plan all week, today was pushing it with bens grans Sunday dinner, but used syns and he's for it so hoping it's fine. Don't feel like I've lost any weight, but then I never do, so hoping for another loss tomorrow.

Just watched the closing ceremony and struggled so much stopping myself comfort eating. The monty python song always look on the bright side of life came on and it's what we played at the end of my step dads funeral (at his request) just over 3 years ago. That song WAS Pete, he was the cheekiest chappie ever and would always sing that song, especially if we were feeling down. It made me laugh but at the same time I wanted to cry because I miss him so much, it would have been he and my mums 16th wedding anniversary tomorrow and tomorrow is a year since we conceived jack, so we should have known he would give us a sign. Then seeing Gary Barlow turn up and sing (especially with how the words in that song could mean so much to him right now) made me want to cry too! I stopped myself raiding the biscuit tin for comfort food and now I'm going to bed, still feel a bit down though. Hoping I'll feel better tomorrow. Will let you know how I go on at weigh in xx

Another pound off this week! :) Didn't win Woman of the Year, but I think Joanne deserved to win it as she has lost 6 stone and has been going to the group a lot longer than me :) So a total of 1 stones 5lbs lost in the last 7 weeks (2 stone 12lbs lost since I had Jack!) and really pleased with those results! :D xx

Hi all.......just got back from my hols and have started again today and this is it - have even made a salad ready for lunch in work tomorrow - breakfast ideas much appreciated xx

Good luck Dextersmum, hope it goes well :) I have a boring breakfast - an egg, mushrooms and a tomato fried in frylight. If I have any carbs I seem to be starving by 11am but this seems to keep me going till lunchtime. I think that's why I fell off the wagon, kept having bread for brekkie and it was downhill from there. I'm not buying it anymore, we've all agreed to cut it out.

Hope everyone has a good day :D

Weigh in is saturday. Can i join in please. Be bit motivation. X

Please tell me you're another Sunderland fan!!! Whoop whoop! Welcome to the team. Where abouts in Durham are you?
Oh duh! I just took a closer look at your pic. Love the carpet!!! xx

Back