Tears, tantrums, and taking control!

Lorny

Silver Member
So it was put into my head to start a food diary! I shall see how I go with this, and whether people can be bothered to have a little look! I'll start it short for today, as I'm flippin' knackered, my hayfever is doing my eyes in, and I daren't have another coffee for fear of staying up for an age. FYI, I'm on discover points! So I have mentioned before, that I was in a pretty bad relationship prior to my current one, and when it ended, I had a very bad relationship with food. To be fair, I had a bad relationship with food to begin with, but in a different way. I began a weight loss journey, and lost a couple of stone healthily with WW. I became out of control; I had an eating disorder. In five months, I had starved 4st off of myself, going from 13st to 9st. I couldn't control my relationship so I controlled my weight. Anywho, fast forward, and I was able to make my own choices and what have you, for the first time in years. So I ate. And I ate. And I ate some more. Life was too short, right? Wrong! Life is too short to eat yourself to death! So. This is the very last, last time. And I'm doing it the right way!

So today, I ballsed up a bit, I was eating a whole Aunt Bessie's yorkshire pudding mix pack as 5.5pts, but I think it's more 7 or 8pts, I need to work it out properly. So on top of that whopper, I had two sausages for 2pts, 200g potatoes for 2pts, and 2tbs of light mayo for 1pt. I always allow a point or two for milk for coffee, though I only have about three or four, yet point myself for a whole pint of skimmed milk. I'm missing a trick there, that's an extra 100g of potatoes! As we have all been aware of, especially us with a lot of extra weight, it has been wayyy too hot. So in light of this, I had 3pts of mixed melon, grapes, and raspberries. I topped that off with 2.5pts of fat free vanilla yogurt.

I went to the gym too, and did an hour on the treadmill on a medium intensity, uphill walk. I didn't eat the whole of my 24pts today, but I really wasn't feeling it. It's just sooo hot! My friend is also tempting me to go to a Chinese buffet on Sunday too, and if I cave, I need to have a few extras on my extra wide belt.

And I am the person who suggested It :) Well Done for starting it Sweetie! X

Why, yes, yes you did! I never really thought about whether it would help, but I suppose it can't do any harm!

Why, yes, yes you did! I never really thought about whether it would help, but I suppose it can't do any harm!

I love mine, I don't stray for fear of writing it on my diary lol x

Good Morning Lormy :) I hope u slept well and have a good day. X

Morning, UKSerena! I didn't sleep too well, actually, as has been my gripe with this weather. When I'm 6st lighter I won't gripe, jeezzzz, just let me sleep! :D I didn't go to the gym this morning, as my legs are absolutely aching and stiff from yesterday. When I went on Wednesday, I had a recovery protein drink thing, and I felt completely fine in the morning; I think I'm going to try and get hold of some more of that stuff. It was fairly high in points, at 5, but I have a feeling it did help me 'recover' from the workout!

Morning, UKSerena! I didn't sleep too well, actually, as has been my gripe with this weather. When I'm 6st lighter I won't gripe, jeezzzz, just let me sleep! :D I didn't go to the gym this morning, as my legs are absolutely aching and stiff from yesterday. When I went on Wednesday, I had a recovery protein drink thing, and I felt completely fine in the morning; I think I'm going to try and get hold of some more of that stuff. It was fairly high in points, at 5, but I have a feeling it did help me 'recover' from the workout!

If you're working out heavy then a recovery protein drink is probably 5pp well spent, could you get them cheaper online maybe? I know how expensive those bars/drinks can be! Sorry to hear that you didn't sleep well :-( it's taken me nearly 9 weeks to crack my sleeping lol x

I'm going to see if I can find one of those powder mixes, then I can just add it to some water while I'm there since they work better immediately after. I hate that achey feeling I get in the morning that stops me wanting to go. Even if I wanted to go later, I have a ton of housework I've been putting off over the last couple of days, and I really need to get it done! If I do it vigorously I can count that as a workout! :D

Housework def counts as a workout, it all helps! Maybe the gym can give you advice on best/lowest cal protein shake to have.

I asked them about it, but they only offer advice on muscle mass or weight loss, as those are what they sell. A bit shoddy, but I get where they're coming from! I don't really like the sound of anything that aids weight loss though, as I'm dieting, right? And what happens when I stop buying that stuff, do I stop losing weight? Although, I have a friend who is a body builder. She would know all sorts of stuff to help me out. She eats 'clean' too, I'm not sure I'll be able to do that just yet, but I'm sure I can start on the shakes!

I have a friend who is a body builder. She would know all sorts of stuff to help me out. She eats 'clean' too, I'm not sure I'll be able to do that just yet, but I'm sure I can start on the shakes!

Hrmmmmm. Don't get her shakes mixed up with yours. Used to buy a skinny friend something called Bulko or something like that as he was desperate to GAIN weight :eek: If you are doing WeightWatchers as on your stats, it's all about managing real food. Would an apple, banana or snack of seeds/raisens or something similar give you a boost after exercise rather than shakes? And as for the friend who is trying to lure you to the Chinese buffet .... beware of friends who don't support you. If it is one of those pay a set price and eat all you can buffets, I know I couldn't do it. I would be playing with fire and wouldn't be able to control myself and know how absolutely peed off with myself I would feel the next morning :( Anyway, hope you have a nice weekend. Stay cool :cool: chips

I'm going to see if I can find one of those powder mixes, then I can just add it to some water while I'm there since they work better immediately after. I hate that achey feeling I get in the morning that stops me wanting to go. Even if I wanted to go later, I have a ton of housework I've been putting off over the last couple of days, and I really need to get it done! If I do it vigorously I can count that as a workout! :D

Hey Sweetie :) Have u heard of these tablets called Hi5 Zero? I used to use them when I trained hard at the gym, they are amazing at helping you recover and they are 0pp! X

I know what you mean, Chips! She used to be 90lbs heavier, so she has a lot of experiencing mixing shakes. I want it more for a recovery than a boost, as I find I'm not feeling my best in the mornings! It's so depressing that a few years ago, I inspired HER to lose weight, and now all my weight is back on, and more!

I am worried myself about those all you can eats, too. It's something we have always done. I usually limit myself to two plates, I can never get more down than that. I would be worried about eating a whole days worth of points in one meal though. Ugh, I am torn, between greed and weight loss, essentially. If I eat at hers, I know it'll be deep fried chips and some other stuff. Can I trust myself at a buffet? I don't know. Can I earn points over the next few days to make up for it? I don't know. Will I be pissed off if I weigh in a bit heavier the day after, regardless of staying in points? Probably. Will I let it affect my mood? Most certainly.

Hey Sweetie :) Have u heard of these tablets called Hi5 Zero? I used to use them when I trained hard at the gym, they are amazing at helping you recover and they are 0pp! X

I've never heard of them! I will look them up, thanks!

I've never heard of them! I will look them up, thanks!

I got them online from a company called Discount Supplements, think you get 20 in a tube and its one per workout. X

I've had a look, I'm glad you gave me the website as I often don't trust some of these websites! There are a couple of types, I imagine it's just the standard ones I'm going for!

I've had a look, I'm glad you gave me the website as I often don't trust some of these websites! There are a couple of types, I imagine it's just the standard ones I'm going for!

I think my favourite was High 5 Zero Cherry Orange Flavour :) x

Sounds nice! I've picked up a tab of 20 to check them out! With free shipping, it's quite nice to not have to buy in bulk to make up for it!

Sounds nice! I've picked up a tab of 20 to check them out! With free shipping, it's quite nice to not have to buy in bulk to make up for it!

Yep :) I love that there's no Minimum Order, good luck with trying them. X

Back