Tegs on the refeed

Ha! I love bum shufflers they are the cutest!! Clodagh seems to have become a fully fledged adult over night - no babiness in her at all anymore:cry: She comes out with crazy sayings like 'dont you dare!' and she's obsessed with clothes we cant walk into a clothes shop without her crying that her clothes are wet (which they arent) and that she need new trousers. And shes only 2..... she'll have me poor.

How many children have you got??

I have 4. Liam is 9, Carole was 6 last week, Laoise is 21 months and Cian is 4 months. He was a huge accident. Started LT last year. Went to the doctor as i thought i had a kidney infection. Was 4 months pregnant. Didn't expect that one as my husband had the snip. There was a 2% chance of tubes rejoining and it happened. Wouldn't have it any other way now and have really enjoyed the time off work. I'll know all about it with childcare come Sept, but if we had twins it would be the same. U gonna have any more?

God you have your hands full! But they say you should have even numbers anyways.

Id love loads of kids but Childcare is so bloody expensive - things are tight paying for the creche just for Clodagh. But we are definatly having another - we're gonna wait until we get our house so that we have that extra room. But I told my partner that if we have another girl we would have to try for a boy

That was unlucky with the snip!!! Did you husband get it again?? Id imagine he was ragin - I cant imagine its the nicest operation in the world

By jasus he did and it has worked this time for sure. If you notice the age gap on my kids i waited until one was in school before having another. (not with Cian obviously). Childcare is so expensive.
Had a good day yesterday.
Break -Maint shake
Lunch - Tuna on 2 ricecakes. Benecol yoghurt
Dinner - Stirfry of peppers, chillie, beansprouts and left over tuna from lunch.
Snack - apple, ricecake with scrape of hazelnut spread

Water 2 litres

I,m finding it hard to drink water. Will make a better effort today.
Done an hour on the wii fit last night and can really feel my stomach muscels today. Oh baby crying, have to go .....

I am so envious of you guys! I can't wait to have a baby!!
If it twas us to me, I'd get pregnant half way through my final year, and go to my graduation with my baby! But the bf isn't up for that, he is practical and old fashioned, he says we have to own property (with a garden) and be feckin married before we have a baby. So by the time I save for a house, and a wedding, I'll be what...mid fifties??
Do you hear we're in a feckin recession now?? Who's gonna want cosmetic dentistry now?
:worthy:
Feeling a lil crazy today cos I found out I won't be starting my summer job til Wed week!!!!!!! I feel imprisoned in the apartment, can't drive, it's raining! I have loads of background reading, and cleaning to do, but still, I NEED PEOPLE!

Also, I'm thinking this LT thing is gonna be harder than I thought over the summer, because unlike clinical practice where you're busy with patients all day, it seems that the research I will be doing involves setting up a machine, waiting an hour, recording the result and doing it all over again. I was told to stock up on books to read! I think LT is so hard when you're not busy. Plus I was considering refeeding at the end of July, and I can't decide if it would be better to retrain myself not to eat unhealthily while not that busy, or would I be shooting myself in the foot? Hours of sitting around, food calling to me....

Its horrible when u have a bad day Guen but it will pass. Look at ur ticker, it keeps going down down down.
I want cosmetic dentistry. Have to give up the smoking first. I just can't seem to knock them on the head. I reach for the fags instead of the biscuits which is very wrong. I stand out in the rain and smoke. Dosn't make sence.... does it.
I need people to. It can get lonley at times minding 4 kids and i'm so tied to the house with the babies.
Our office is in the washroom so when i turn washing, about 10 times a day i read this foram and fold clothes. Am i sad or what....
Things will change and u will have loads of babies. Enjoy ur freedom whilst u have it. Keep busy and best of luck with the summer work.
Heading to ur part of the country 4 weekend. Raheny for a barbq. Hope they get some of those prawns from Howth. If not i'll drive out myself .....lol ....yum

Guen Teg is right - enjoy your freedom while you have it. I never understood what people meant when they said that because I was always a broody person and loved being around children - but now I do.

Dont worry about the recession there's sod all we can do about it now. I work in the construction industry and believe me its so quiet its damn well scary. And my partner is an electrician so double whammy. But if things get bad we'll all just emigrate :eek:

Thats right Ally. Was gonna take a year out in Sept with the babies but my hubby is a builder. Hes very busy now but whats it gonna be like down the road. It is so worrying mortgage, 4 kids and everything else. Even the price of running the car is mental.
I want to move to Spain .... not 2 far away but warm and affordable.
I'd love 2 test drive it on my own 4 2 weeks though ...hehe

It is pretty scary. When the Lisbon Treaty was rejected, I was so scared Ireland was gonna get kicked outta Europe, and I made my bf promise we'd leave before that happened, but if it did happen, where would we go?? We wouldn't be allowed into Europe anymore!
Mum just came back from the states (Florida) and she was shocked at how quiet it is! In June, she said it's never ever been so quiet, shops have closed left right and centre, there are no longer any queues in restaurants, and the restaurants are almost deserted. People over there don't seem to have any money for luxuries anymore!
Mum's house in Clontarf has been on the market for over a year now!
We'll survive I guess!

Enjoy your bbq teg, weather is supposed to be ok this weekend! Bring a jumper!

I do see what you mean about enjoying my freedom(when I'm not studying), but I guess it's a case of never missing the sunshine til it's gone!

Oh, one more rant, last year it was sunny until the day I got my holidays, rained for 10 weeks and was sunny from the day I went back to college. This year is has done exactly the same so far!

Nooooooooooooo. It won't rain all summer. Jesus don't be saying that. Its gonna get fine after this Fri and thats that. Wasn't there a freak weather band over Ireland & Britian last year that caused that weather .......
Today i did slip up
Break -Maint bar
Lunch - 2 grilled chicken sausages rice cakes
Dinner - Turkey stir fry chillie, beansprouts, peppers, mushroom.

Then my son had a bag of vinegary chips and left them on the worktop. There was about 10 in the bag. i scoffed the lot. It was will i .....won't i but then i didn't even have time to arguee ... they were gone... just like that. I was like ur man in the film "Angelas Ashes". Only he licked the vinegar off the paper.
Think ill go for a walk 2mro to rid myself of this guilt.....and the greasy tasty chips.

Drank 3 lit water 2day and no coffee.

I was out and about all day.

Break - None
Lunch - tuna salad sandwich (brown bread no butter)
Dinner - Chicken salad wrap (mayo inc)

Snacks - none
Water - 2 litres

Out with the kids at a playcentre. Its hard to watch what ur eating when u don't cook urself. I'm away 4 the weekend so i'll have 2 be so careful

Got through the weekend but it was so hard. I hope to have weight lost 2mro at the wi.
The barbq was great but there was food everywhere all day for 2 days solid. It was so hard not to pick and pick. I ate salad and chicken breast and prawns.
Drank white wine on Sat night and as i got drunk i was beginning to eat more so i sat away.
Thats the last party for me 4 a while.
Everyone noticed my weight loss and told me i looked good so that was a boost.
2morro will tell me a lot. Don't know if im gonna stay on maint shakes 4 another week.

Good luck with your wi teg

Im struggling big time at the moment, was away wkend before last and am finding it hard to get back into the maintenance, had my wi on sat just gone and I stayed the same bit Im finding myself picking a lot. Totm is due so Im putting it down to that. Ive gone mad on rice cakes and a scrapping of choc spread, is that bad?

Thanks Bindi
No i don't think thats bad. Just don't eat that many. The spread is grand so long as its a scrape. Its really tasty as it lasts as a snack. I love them.
I don't like loosing more on the maintenace at all. I'm struggling. I think if i don't have a loss 2mro i'm going back on TFR for 3 weeks.

Had my weigh in an i'm 2lb up. I am rageing because i didn't loose and i really tried this week (except 4 the few chips the other night). I'm not doing well on this plan at all.
I've decided to give TFR another go for a few weeks just to get where i want to be. I feel that i came off it a bit 2 early but i thought i'd loose the rest of the weight on maintanence. That hasn't happened.
I have no big events coming up so now is the time to do it.
I really feel like ive failed or something but i have to be honest with myself. I think it is a lot easier to maintain the weight u are when off TFR rather than still trying to loose.
I also miss the weigh in buzz and the fast results you get from lt so i have no doubth i'll be where i need to be in a few weeks. So i'm off over to the other side again.
Will post my WEIGHT LOSS next week. Thanks 4 all the support the last 3 weeks.

Last edited:
Hey Teg,
don't feel like you've failed. You know you did really well. Just remember how great you felt when you had all the LT ladies over for a BBQ, or how many compliments you got at the party at the weekend!! I'm not saying you shouldn't go back on TFR, but it should be a positive step because you've done SO well!!! Could it be TOTM or maybe it was the alcohol at the weekend?
Please keep me updated about how hard it is to get back to TFR after a break!!

Guen

Good luck Helena going back on the tfr, please keep us posted about how the first week goes cos I hope to go back on it soon also. Im finding trying to lose weight on maintenance very hard too and I know for a fact I am up a couple of pounds and my wi is not until Sat. Best of luck chick

Just looking back on my refeed thread. I'm defo in a better place now with the diet. Went back on TFR for 4 weeks and it made all the difference. I'm a lot more comfortable with the weight i'm at now.
I did find LT harder the second time round. I broke it after about 10 days but got back into ketoses as soon as possible. Then the last week i knew i wouldn't last so i put chicken pieces in the fridge and ate very small bit of that. When i ate the chicken for a third day i did a refeed.
This time i ate less veg and my stomach was not as bloated.
Now i have to maintane the weight i am. I know it will be hard but i'm trying to stick to an atkins style diet. I find that this is best for me.
When i do eat cake or sweets they just run straight through my body. I never had this before but i suppose its not a bad thing if it stops me eating it.
I drink over 2 ltrs still. Is a habit now and i like it.
My hair started to fall out a few weeks back but i have a huge mop of it and its a common complaint 6 months after pregnancy.
LT was the best diet i ever did. Certainly the most successful. I kept a 7 day supply and intend to use it later in the year 2 weeks before a family wedding.
Children are keeping me very busy during the summer holidays. Babies are in a great routine. Back to work in 3 weeks. Don't know how i feel about that.

That's great Teg! I'm glad you got there in the end! The refeed forum has pretty much died since you Aly and Bindi are no longer big posters! Well done!! You lost so much overall, it's amazing!!!

Guen

Back