Teresa's Up and down Diary to Goal and beyond

Mmm...thinking pizza and coleslaw for tea after reading this :)

My embarrassing coleslaw addiction is a wrap with cheese, coleslaw and hoisin sauce :ashamed0005:. I cannot even remeber what got into me the first time I tried it, but I love it and could have bucket loads of it every day. Even now that I’m avoiding wheat I have it on gluten free pita breads.. :character00100:

Think I have started a bit of a coleslaw craving among people :)

I agree about the vinegary low cal stuff yuk.

Up day today and the scales were in the 7 s again today :) only just but still in the 7 s :) 10 7.8 and 2 weeks until I go on holiday :)

Have I mentioned recently how much I like Juddd? My boss bought me a present of the yummiest KP christmas nuts with chocolate honeycomb in them. In the past I would of avoided them for a few days then stuffed down the whole bag until i felt sick and then felt guilty for breaking my diet and eaten everything else in sight as the diet was already ruined.

Today I thought ooh how lovely I will have some of those after my lunch, I ate some of them and put the rest away (quite a few of them I am not a saint :) But no stress no guilt and no bingeing just a lovely up day treat AND i can have more on firday if I choose :)

Have I mentioned recently how much I like Juddd? My boss bought me a present of the yummiest KP christmas nuts with chocolate honeycomb in them. In the past I would of avoided them for a few days then stuffed down the whole bag until i felt sick and then felt guilty for breaking my diet and eaten everything else in sight as the diet was already ruined.

Today I thought ooh how lovely I will have some of those after my lunch, I ate some of them and put the rest away (quite a few of them I am not a saint :) But no stress no guilt and no bingeing just a lovely up day treat AND i can have more on firday if I choose :)

I know what you mean, it really is quite a revelation isn't it!

Trying not to panic about a 4 poind gain this morning !!!!! My sensible head says no way my diet head wants to stamp my feet and scream that is my worst ever up day gain. And it wasn't even that up my fingers do look like 10 fat sausages so will drink a lot to flush the bloat

Well not the number I had hoped for but still a loss and still have 10 fat little fingers so 10 .8.8 (1.6 loss) and hoping to see that 10 7 or less before I go on holiday on the 18th . Up day today and off to a party tonight and tomorrow :) :)

You've still got 10 days to get to 10 7lbs, I know u can do it! Well done on ur loss this week :)
Enjoy your parties! X

Yes 10 days to get off 1.8 pounds I can do that (and if i don't the world will not collapse ;-))

So todays is my second up day and I am going to record my dialy weigh ins as i countdown to my hols

dec 7th UD 10 8.8 (official weigh day)
dec 8th UD 10 9.6
dec 9th DD or Intermediate day
dec 10th DD or Intermediate day
dec 11th UD
dec 12th DD
dec 13th UD
dec 14th DD
dec 15th UD
dec 16th ID or DD
dec 17th DD or ID
dec 18th UD AND LEAVE FOR 10 DAYS IN Malta ;-)

dec 8th UD 10 9.6
dec 9th DD or Intermediate day 10 10.4
dec 10th DD or Intermediate day
dec 11th UD
dec 12th DD
dec 13th UD
dec 14th DD
dec 15th UD
dec 16th ID or DD
dec 17th DD or ID

Looks like toay is going to be a DD as have had a long lie in so less time to eat and I am babysitting at a friends tonight so no time to cook.

Plan at the moment

Black coffee
raspberries and yog
tomato soup and aldi crispy fries
m and s hot chocolate
dinner will be either gammon and veg soup
or a qorn shepherd's pie

Just popping in to subscribe to your diary....
I was just reading the first couple of pages, and I had one of those freaky moments when you read something so similar to something you could've written yourself that it really stops you in your tracks....
It was a post you wrote about making things difficult for yourself by trying to make every UD meal something that you wouldn't eat when you're being healthy. This has been my problem for so long....I'm either on a diet or I'm eating rubbish, there's no middle ground....but I love my fruit and vegetables, and I love soup, fish, pasta, stir-fries and fresh, healthy curries. So really Judd should be about being able to eat a lovely salmon fillet on an UD without worrying that it's too high in calories, rather than being about making every UD about pizza, chippy teas or mountains of chocolate and cake.
I think my VLCD has twisted my perception of good/bad foods beyond belief. Every day off has been perceived as 3 opportunities to eat the unhealthiest, most indulgent meals imaginable, with chocolate, deserts and god knows what else between. Now, reading your post has made me realise that I don't need to do that anymore. I'm sure I'll have stodgy, indulgent treat days, but I just know I'll enjoy them more when they're the exception rather than the rule.

Sorry, I didn't mean to make this post all about me, but I just wanted you to know how useful it is to read through diaries like yours and see how people are making this work and learning about themselves in the process. It may not be the diet with the quickest results, but it does seem to eliminate the huge guilt that we normally feel on diets when life gets in the way and we have to deviate from our chosen regime...
I'll look forward to reading more about your journey in the weeks to come :)

Glad to read your thoughts on my diary I do feel my juddd journey has been a huge learning curve for me. I truly want to shout from the rooftops what a great way of eating I have found. But I know most people never hear beyond the 500 calorie days which without trying they think they can't do .

But juddd allows me the freedom to enjoy food without guilt :)

dec 8th UD 10 9.6
dec 9th DD 10 10.4
dec 10th DD or Intermediate day 10.8.4 :)
dec 11th UD
dec 12th DD
dec 13th UD
dec 14th DD
dec 15th UD
dec 16th ID or DD
dec 17th DD or ID

So yesterdays down day came in at 495

Part of me today feels like I could do another down day but I know that could lead to trouble for me later on in the week asi iwll start to feel deprived which i know I react too badly. So i WILL stick to my original plans of an ID and try to make it about 1000 bizarrely this scares me more than a DD. I have 500 calories down to an art from so know roughly what to eat, i think eating more than 500 will make me want more and more . Think the important thing for me is to keep it all healthy food (ie nothng sweet)

So a rough plan for today

Breakfast
yogurt and raspberries up to 150 cals

milk in teas all day 70

Lunch
tomato and red pepper soup 75
aldi crispy fries 67
clementines x 2 47

That leaves plenty for a good dinner

Back