Teresa's Up and down Diary to Goal and beyond

Thank you I am gutted not just about this marathon but also about the fact that my body no longer wants to run marathons :-( Also at the moment until the foor pain goes I can not run at all :-(

Just had a read through my diary to remind myself what I was eating and what worked for me so well before christmas

Strict alternates seemed to work which is not really what I was planning. Will give 3 dd and 4 up days a go for 2 weeks if that doesn't work I will go to strict alternates. Also see that eating all my DD calories worked better than just drinks for me (i had forgotten that) and also reminded myself of my menus. I also have a gorgeous kitchen now so shouldn't be an issue.

Today is half a fast day so have only had drinks. May have a banana and a bag of crisps before I get on the train to london. I don't plan on eating anythign else until dinner but always want to snack on train journeys so we shall see

T x

Hi, popping in to subscribe. Will catch up properly on your diary later. At the moment I should really be doing housework, but minis is keeping me away from it! Oh well, at least it is better than the OH - he's fallen asleep!

Well had a great weekend but feel the size of a double decker bus :)

Home now and cooking lamb and spinach curry for tonight and Tom and red pepper soup for down days

Will do soups, lots of tea with skimmed milk and maybe veg and gravy or yogurt and raspberries

Glorious up day today, I will not be counting calories but will be aiming for 3 good healthy meals and not a day of grazing on junk .

I had planned on having a lovely lamb and spinach curry for lunch but forgot it lol so that is tea sorted :)

May have some of my Tom and red pepper soup and cheese with warm banana bread :)

the lamb and spinach curry was from h airy dieters cookbook my all time favourite cookbook

I have ordered a fit bit activity tracker as i am not running to keep track of my daily activity and maybe encourage me to do more,

fast day tomorrow :) not dreading it lol

Hello,
Sorry to hear about you having to drop out of training but also good luck with starting JUDDD again.
I love the hairy dieters cook book I had forgotten about it I might have to dig it out tomorrow and have a look. I love the bacon and asparagus flan so nice but I could eat the whole thing in one go.x

Just to catch up with where i am weight wise etc a bit boring but helps me to write it down

Before Christmas I got to a good weight for me (10 8) with juddd and was finally happy with my woe.

Went away for christmas and bounced back up over 11 stone

Due to the fact i was marathon training i decided to go to SW which i enjoy and know well as used to be a consultant but never cracked maintenance, but felt fitting fast days around my training was just too hard.

Was doing ok on SW but couldnt get my weight below 11 st without bouncing back over that 11 st threshold so tried the harcombe diet which is very good but very strict. Got down to 10 8 a few weeks ago but had a taste of sugar again and went into binge mode, kept trying to get back to thd or sw and just couldnt do it, and was getting down every day thinking i was a diet failure again .Meanwhile my weight had rebounded over that 11st ( not sure how much over as stopped weighing) and I had sustained a foot/ankle injury so no marathon or running at all for me so decided to come back to Juddd.

Since I made that decision about 10 days ago I have gone back to feeling at peace with my eating, but i was still not weighing as in those 10 days I had a weekend away. So the 10 days have consisted of 4 down days and 6 up days many of those up up up and away days. I am now trying to do as many alternate fasting days as I can until I am feeling in control of those down days then will probably do 3 down and 4 up most of the time.

Anyway after yesterdays fast day I decided to weigh in today (will make my wi day fri or sat depending on my fast scehdule) and I am back under 11 st 10 13.2 so only just and have no idea how much of a loss that is but it is the top of my comfort zone.

So I am now going to weigh every day again as it really suits me to keep an eye on patterns etc but only be concerned with my official weight

March
Sat 23rd UD 10 13.2 (official weigh in day)
Sun 24th DD
Mon 25th UD
Tues 26th DD
Wed 27th UD
Thurs 28th DD
Fri 29th UD
Sat 30th DD
Sun 31st UD

In all honesty if the scales move in a general downward trend I do not mind if it is slow as long as I am feeling relaxed around food, I am at the moment not feeling too relaxed on down days but I know from the past this will come back :)

I will not be counting calories on my up days as that is what worked best for me but must remember to eat proper meals and not graze all day on chocolate

Well doen to anyone who read all that it was really to get it straight in my head

Teresa

Last edited:
Back