Teresa's Up and down Diary to Goal and beyond

Ouch!! At least u know the exercise is doing something lol. Xx

So my poor body is in shock !!! For two reasons

1 back to fasting after the Easter sugar fest

2 back to exercising after essentially 6 to 8 weeks of doing almost nothing because if my foot injury

I have done a lot of walking in the past 4 days and then last night went back to British Military Fitness after 5 months off . I do love it but boy is it hard work and not sure I will be able to raise my arms to brush my hair today !!!

Oh well done you, don't worry about the hair, we've worked out hardly anyone on JUDDD brushes theirs unless it's vital!

<Gets out loud hailer .... shouts "Step away from the icecream.. back up slowly & reach for a crispbread"
lol
I know that temptation so well <sigh>

aww I hear you, the irresistable temptation.. it happens ...just had 2 failed DDs myself so 4 UDs here too, havent built up the nerve to step on the scale yet tho :(

Some of those pounds are probably water weight from the carbs, so I'm sure you'll make a big dent in them before WI day using your plan.. good luck :)

Derbynanny said:
No it was a big fail !

But so far so good today after a scale shocker today of + 6 pounds in 4 days

Plan is DD TODAY
ID THURSDAY unless weight is miraculously down 4 pounds tomorrow am
DD Friday
Saturday weigh in

We all have slip-ups, but the main thing is you're doing something about it - you know you can do it

Hi Derbynanny...I have a diary on SNS but not on JUDDD...I'm not on my laptop but I'll communicate my desire for a change of thread when I get on my laptop :)

Yes, JUDDD/ADF is about change and taking on a life habit...not easy but I'm getting there (I actually preferred the VLCD because the boundaries were tighter, but JUDDD is the way forward for me and I will adapt.)

I hope that I can learn about JUDDD from you all because the adjustment is not easy at the moment but manageable :)

Yeah it really isn't easy I did VLCD last year and I enjoyed it for a bit and then realized I needed something that was more of a lifestyle change, I think it's extra hard to change over from that because as you say it's a very strict regime. However, you can use your VLCD mentality to get you through the DD's which can be difficult to start with and we've all found the transition into eating UP day calories quite difficult on a mental and physical note, but you do get there ( not surprisingly), they say it takes at least a month to get rid of your " I am on a diet mentality" and start a healthier relationship with food, for me it's taken longer but I'm getting there now.

Debriger is right, I never changed a Dd to an UD the first 7 weeks and now I can't seem to get through one without pure torture or an epic fail! Good on you for getting back on plan xxx

yesterdays dd still wasnt perfect as i picked a little at kids stuff but probably around 600, going to post daily weigh ins again to make me face the scales

Saturday March 31st UD 10 11.6 followed by a 4 day chocolate fest and then finally a down day
Big scale avoidance
Thursday April 4th UD 11.1.4 (+3.8)
Friday April 5th DD
Saturday April 6th UD official wi
Sunday April 7th ID
Monday April 8th DD
Tuesday April 9th UD
Wed April 10TH DD
Thurs April 11th UD
Fri April 12th DD
Sat April 13th UD official wi

Have also planned out my next week and a half and I am formally making a committment to d this properly NO PICKING on DD and 3 healthy meals on UD before treats

Last edited:
Well this may be more UP than i originally intended :) Have just made butterfly cakes and choc crispie cakes oh and hairy dieters steak and ale, bolognese and meatballs.

My kitchen looks like a bomb site and I quite liberally sampled the cake batter (my all time fave food!)

But as for real food have only had an apple

Down day still looks pretty good, and the UP day isn't looking bad either!

I'm sure I read somewhere that cake batter calories don't count until cooked!

Down day still looks pretty good, and the UP day isn't looking bad either!

I'm sure I read somewhere that cake batter calories don't count until cooked!

Oh that is the best news ever :)

I have now eaten way too much cake, please point me back to this post when i complain about my weigh gain on saturdays weigh in !

Hi Adrian I have to say I would find your DD would make me very hungry as it is quite carby even though it is low cal. I find if i eat any carbs on a dd i am starving the rest of the day and cereal bars like alpen lights are a major binge trigger for me not sure why as don't even like them that much but they just start off a weird cravign response)

But the big key to doing fast days is doing what works for you. I find once I am the swing of them (which this week I am not at all) just things like soup, salads (especially a turkey and ham subway salad with no dressing or cheese 115 calories) and lean meat/quorn/fish and veg keep me nicely satisfied. I have also tried the no food at all on fast days but it didn#t work for me.

Have you got your diary moved yet? You could just start a new one on here and get them combined or have a fresh diary start with juddd

I feel so stuffed i just ate a some carrot and swede mash with lefover gravy and veg from my slow roasted lamb over easter and I feel stuffed. But dont think it was the meal but the choc ctispie cakes and cake batter.

On the up side I will not eat anything else today as off to running club at 7 and taking all the cakes with me to feed up my friends :) So tomorrows fast is starting NOW

Plan for friday's fast which I will follow exactly for a change

Breakfast
raspberries and sugar free jelly

Lunch
Subway salad and hot choc

Dinner
veg soup and a big bowl of berries

caffiene free diet coke
2 teas with semi skimmed milk
herbal tea

cereal bars like alpen lights are a major binge trigger for me not sure why as don't even like them that much but they just start off a weird cravign response)
Same here - eat one, eat the box and I hate them. I got them when doing SW and I avoid them now.

I find no food works best as one thing follows another in my case ;)

Back