Teresa's Up and down Diary to Goal and beyond

Unfortunately I don't have that kind of discipline. If I try and control my up days as well I lose the plot and can't manage the down days .

I love Judd with no counting on up days and as long as the scale is moving down on the whole I am happy . Spent too many years trying and failing with too much restriction .

Even as much as I want to be back under 11st I also know if I am not doing well fasting on weekends I would rather lose the weight slowly and have more up days than risk throwing the towel in which means a gain .

Thurs 24 DD 11.7.8
Fri 25th UD 11.6.4 :) :) :)OFFICIAL WEIGH IN
Sat 26th DD 11.7.2
Sun 27th UD 11.5.8
Mon 28th UD 11 9 Very bloated but that is a huge jump
Tues 29th DD 11.8.8
Weds 30th UD
Thurs 31st DD
Fri 1st UD OFFICIAL WEIGH DAY

At least the scales nudged down slightly.

I am not feeling the love for anything today :-( I am still on holiday from work and actually wish i was at work! How sad is that? I am ok at the moment if i keep busy but if I am by myself i just get super down. The combo of knowing I still do not have a new job and my boss has really cut my hours back as she just doesn't need me as much as she is winding down her job (normally get more overtime than regular hours this month will be no overtime :-() Plus I am quite dependent on the endorphin highs i get from exercise and because of a strained hamstring i cant run at the moment , even walking for very long aggravates it :-(

So have lots of jobs i could do aroudn the house but feel so unmotivated, could happily just go back to bed.

Moan moan moan

Oh that is a big bounce all right, something weird is going on there although I think I went up by 7lbs one weekend, motivation has also left the building here in Cairo, I should be studying but I'm not...it must be the planets again!

Yeah Let's blame the planets on lack of motivation

I am 2 steps forward one step back this morning.

Have tried to cancel my military fitness membership for a few months so i can then justify going to the private sports injury guy but can't get through to them. Have sent an email which apparently i shoudl 5 days for a response from but i need my membership cancelling as of today.

I have called ofsted always an experience in frustration asking how i get my crb changed to a DBS as a lot of the childcare websites want you to have one BUT you can't get them only prospective employees can or if i register again on the voluntary ofsted register for nannies. Which i am already registered with but when it was just a crb. So i can' reapply so i can't get a DBS and they claim I don't need one but the websites claim I do ..... argh

Then I am trying to write a bio on myself as the school that the 5 year old i take care of attends have said they would send out an email to all parents saying I am looking for a job . But can i for the life of me get down in words what I want to say ? I am fine if it is going to one person or an agency but selling myself to 50 parents in the hope they will then recommend me to friends just feels odd when I know quite a few of them if not in person by sight. argh

AND I AM FASTING

When I have to write that sort of stuff I imagine I am doing it fr someone I know and not about me as I tend to play down my achievements too much if that helps

Well I have now been offered a job BUT they are trying to get me to lower my hourly rate. I am trying to hold out for what I wanted ( the rate I am currently on) but not lose the job . A fine balance. The thing is I know I am not the cheapest nanny around but I have 30 years experience and excellent references. So fingers crossed

Scales were kinder today at 11 st 7

I am not going to promise to restrict myself on my up day today as that never works but going to make a new rule of no eating after dinner . I never used to eat after dinner but it has slowly been creeping in the past 6 months. It is never out of hunger just greed .

Thurs 24 DD 11.7.8
Sat 26th DD 11.7.2
Sun 27th UD 11.5.8
Tues 29th DD 11.8.8
Weds 30th UD 11.7
Thurs 31st DD

Last edited:
Oh what great news for you, sending positive financial thoughts your way, I've never been much good at negotiating my salary either, funny I am much tougher with other peoples money ha!

I agree with you about not restricting as such on UD's, its counter productive in my tiny mind, I feel like I've been on a diet all week, which isn't in the spirit of JUDDD really is it? I do agree however about night time munchies, I got out of that habit slowly but surely and mainly because Mr knocked it on the head and that was the only reason I was in the kitchen to start with, I used to like to go to bed with a hot choc, but I've weaned off those too now.

I hope your scales play ball after Thursday's DD, looks like a loss in waiting in the wings for you there, thats all the fun of this WOE, you never know what the scales might say!

Good UD today . Not too indulgent . Have not eaten after dinner although still feeling hungry , ate dinner really late and had a small bar of Cadbury dairy milk. Did have a glass of champagne which is really unusual for me .

I think if it wasn't a down day tomorrow I would just go to bed hungry.... Hm what to do ?

Ok this week is truly crazy bounces not at all hopeful of a loss this week.

I am wondering if some of it is water retnetion from salt. on the up day before my two big bounces I had a generous portion of aldi's 4 bird roast. Both times i wok in the night super thirsty and gained loads of weight.

Thurs 24 DD 11.7.8
Sat 26th DD 11.7.2
Sun 27th UD 11.5.8
Tues 29th DD 11.8.8
Weds 30th UD 11.7
Thurs 31st DD 11.9.4 need a massive whoosh just to maintain an even bigger whoosh to lose

Ok, don't panic.
What would u tell me to do-if it were me?
Stick with it! DD today.
You cannot run, but you are injured so relax, let it fix. It's defo salt/illness combination. Even if we all sts one week, so what. We only restricted our food 3/4 days and on ups we ate whatever we wanted.... Can't beat that!

G x

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

I would check that bird from aldi for MSG and salt content as think your retaining water etc drinking more water should release the trapped water plus some herbal teas ?

Back