Terrible stomach pains

Discussion in 'Dukan Diet' started by kerryashton, 22 November 2011 Social URL.

1. kerryashton

kerryashton Member

Start Weight:
    12st0lb
    Current Weight:
    10st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st9lb(13.69%)
    Diet:
    Dukan Diet
    Hi i have found that recently i had started to get terrible stomach pains/ cramps that would end up sending my whole gut into cramps/spasms and i couldn't stop burping and no amount of Rennies or pain killers helped. I had thought it was since starting consolidation but i was confused as the days it happened i hadn't had anything new - just chicken or chicken and salad!
    So i did a bit of Googling to get some ideas and thought might have some strange bacteria in stomach BUT then i found numerous mentions of Aspartamine and sweeteners causing the same symptoms. I realised then that the one thing i'd had on all occasions was my can of Coke Zero.
    I stopped yogurt and sweeteners and stopped drinking coke zero and the pains stopped....
    So i tested the theory today had some of a coke zero this afternoon and the pains started to niggle and i became windy, i stopped so didn't get as bad as before.
    I think this has def been the problem and thought i'd post in case anyone else gets pains and assumes its something to do with the diet....it is but in a round about way...and may be worth seeing if not having them helps. I will try the yogurt again as another tester since it helps me stop snacking on bad food. But as for Coke Zero (and the rest of the diet soda's) its got to go - shame since i liked it!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. wkdstepmum

wkdstepmum Silver Member

Start Weight:
    10st5lb
    Current Weight:
    9st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st4lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6lb(4.14%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    Aspartame is very controversial as sweeteners go, I don't touch it and never would... But you're obviously sensitive to artificial sweeteners and it's great that you identified it by yourself! Just avoid them, I bake with Splenda occasionally but it is aspartame-free x

4. Maintainer

Maintainer ** Chief WITCH **

Start Weight:
    141kg
    Current Weight:
    69.3kg
    Goal Weight:
    65.0kg
    Lost(%):
    71.7kg(50.85%)
    Diet:
    Self devised
    Thanks Kerry! I personally find too much sweetener (any sweetener) gives me wind - bad smelling wind - so I try not to have too much. As for not being able to have any, gosh!

I'm concerned when you say that you're on Conso, yet only having chicken or chicken and veg. I wouldn't call that Conso. Are you struggling with the reintroduction of bread and fruit?

5. kerryashton

kerryashton Member

Start Weight:
    12st0lb
    Current Weight:
    10st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st9lb(13.69%)
    Diet:
    Dukan Diet
    Hi Joanne no i just wasnt being clear the pains i got were directly after those meals but yes i have had some wholemeal bread and some fruit. I'm so happy to be able to have bread its pathetic how happy it makes me lol

6. Maintainer

Maintainer ** Chief WITCH **

Start Weight:
    141kg
    Current Weight:
    69.3kg
    Goal Weight:
    65.0kg
    Lost(%):
    71.7kg(50.85%)
    Diet:
    Self devised
    Very glad to hear it... if ever you get a second to have a look at the other Conso thread right below/above this one, you might be able to assist there!

7. sididd

sididd Gold Member

Start Weight:
    12st4lb
    Current Weight:
    12st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Dukan Diet
    Lina you need to pop over to lottos diary she needs medical advice she's in an awful state. Xxx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.